Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2012, 18:49   #2116
BHPian
 
Jo-G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 70
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Thanks for the pictures friends, does any of our BHPians got an Amazon Green XUV? Looking forward to see some pics of the XUV in that color. Also awaiting a review on the W8 AWD. Any idea when they would be opening the bookings for the AWD variants? Waiting with fingers crossed for the same or an Automatic version.

There were rumors in the beginning of a higher powered XUV on its way. Do we have any further scoop or news of the same?
Jo-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 04:12   #2117
BHPian
 
dockap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 842
Thanked: 364 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

After 5 months or waiting finally got delivery of my W8 XUV500 AWD at Sireesh Auto Bangalore. Some photos of the delivery and drive back to Mangalore
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dsc03308.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dsc03309.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dsc03310.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dsc03313.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dsc03327.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dsc03328.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dsc03329.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dsc03331.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dsc03332.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dsc03333.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dsc03334.jpg  

dockap is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 04:43   #2118
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,755
Thanked: 1,506 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Congrats Dockap,perhaps one of the first AWD's on tbhp,correct?
Also found this super shot on Mahindra's FB page,it looks menacing,and would look at home in Paris Dakar-(I know its exaggeration but still)
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv.jpg  

akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 07:31   #2119
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,565
Thanked: 6,968 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
After 5 months or waiting finally got delivery of my W8 XUV500 AWD at Sireesh Auto Bangalore. Some photos of the delivery and drive back to Mangalore
Congrats Docap for the the AWD. Some lovely photos there. Please do share your driving and overall ownership experiences.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 11:06   #2120
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 49
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
After 5 months or waiting finally got delivery of my W8 XUV500 AWD at Sireesh Auto Bangalore. Some photos of the delivery and drive back to Mangalore
Congratulations dockap. Looks shiny and new just like it should.

On another note, I'm also looking forward to mine getting delivered soon ( I just paid the dealer (SKS) last week), but I had a question for others who have received a delivery. I never received an email from Mahindra *ever* about the state of my XUV. Is that a concern? I thought you could verify the VIN/Chassis numbers before delivery, but I've not been able to do that. Don't know if that is the exception from the process, hence the question. I would appreciate any insights.
timetraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 11:49   #2121
Senior - BHPian
 
TaureanBull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Indore
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 299 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

When is the next booking going to be open? Do they have a waitlist?

I totally missed the last booking schedule. I am planning to buy one in Jun 2013. Wont mind buying few months in advance too.

Is it possible to advance book? Sorry being a noob on this procedure.
TaureanBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 14:31   #2122
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,565
Thanked: 6,968 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
When is the next booking going to be open? Do they have a waitlist?

I totally missed the last booking schedule. I am planning to buy one in Jun 2013. Wont mind buying few months in advance too.

Is it possible to advance book? Sorry being a noob on this procedure.
Have received the refund for the XUV-lottery held in Feb. So does not look like they are going to maintain a waitlist. Next lot of bookings/lottery is expected to open around June timeframe.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 16:14   #2123
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai/Medellin
Posts: 1,556
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Have received the refund for the XUV-lottery held in Feb. So does not look like they are going to maintain a waitlist. Next lot of bookings/lottery is expected to open around June timeframe.
Well at least you will not lose out on the interest.

Lets hope the this lot has lesser niggles so that I can think of taking a chance
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 17:06   #2124
BHPian
 
dockap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 842
Thanked: 364 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Congrats Dockap,perhaps one of the first AWD's on tbhp,correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Congrats Docap for the the AWD. Some lovely photos there. Please do share your driving and overall ownership experiences.
Thanks guys, mine is not the first there are 2 or 3 other awd xuvs on team bhp.
Compared to my optra magnum the ride is a bit bumpy especially on bad roads other than that i am loving it.
washed my xuv yesterday and realized that to clean the top you need a step ladder or i should have installed the side foot step.
A vacuum cleaner is a must for cleaning the inside because there are so many areas in the floor of the xuv where the dirt and debris just fall into and disappear.
The reverse camera installed is not a wide angle one and i almost hit parked bikes twice because of the blind spot to the left which is worsened cause the camera is not installed exactly in the center but a bit to the right on the rear bumper cause of the ribs in the bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveller View Post
Congratulations dockap. Looks shiny and new just like it should.

On another note, I'm also looking forward to mine getting delivered soon ( I just paid the dealer (SKS) last week), but I had a question for others who have received a delivery. I never received an email from Mahindra *ever* about the state of my XUV. Is that a concern? I thought you could verify the VIN/Chassis numbers before delivery, but I've not been able to do that. Don't know if that is the exception from the process, hence the question. I would appreciate any insights.
Thank you. You need to contact customer care and their area sales manager Mr.Shivaramakrishnan in Bangalore after which i received an email mentioning expected date of delivery in march. I got my vin no just 4 days before delivery. I would advice you to keep pestering your dealer and sending emails to customer care addressed to the brand manager xuv500 cause there is a chance of hike in tax for diesel vehicles from april 1st.
dockap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 17:18   #2125
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,250
Thanked: 5,407 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
After 5 months or waiting finally got delivery of my W8 XUV500 AWD at Sireesh Auto Bangalore. Some photos of the delivery and drive back to Mangalore
Awesome car! Please start an ownership thread too, we are yet to see an AWD thread I guess! I LOVE that chrome bit on the fog lamps - Looks SUPERB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
When is the next booking going to be open? Do they have a waitlist?

I totally missed the last booking schedule. I am planning to buy one in Jun 2013. Wont mind buying few months in advance too.

Is it possible to advance book? Sorry being a noob on this procedure.
No wait list - no advance booking too! I suggest you wait till end of this year and by then I assume the mad rush to come down quite well. Currently they open the booking and choose around 7000 people from the whole booking list. Next slot will open in June as per some posts! If you go by current trend, there should be a booking opening in Dec this year, you could try in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Compared to my optra magnum the ride is a bit bumpy especially on bad roads
The air pressure is correct in all tires?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 17:35   #2126
BHPian
 
naveenchhillar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rohtak-Noida
Posts: 129
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Can anyone suggest the no. of songs we can keep in a flash drive root so that it plays them all ?

I have a collection of almost 700+ songs that I always keep in all my cars. Just wanted to know if it has a limitation. Read somwhere in user manual about 540 number, but not sure as it was limitless in my old car
naveenchhillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 21:20   #2127
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 49
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Thank you. You need to contact customer care and their area sales manager Mr.Shivaramakrishnan in Bangalore after which i received an email mentioning expected date of delivery in march. I got my vin no just 4 days before delivery. I would advice you to keep pestering your dealer and sending emails to customer care addressed to the brand manager xuv500 cause there is a chance of hike in tax for diesel vehicles from april 1st.
Thanks dockap. I've already sent an email to the customer support folks. The branch manager showed me my 'file' (its an actual thin card board kind of file!) and it had 'a' VIN number that was 'incorrect' and had to be changed. The car may already be here. I was supposed to collect it on the 11th, but it'll have to wait a few days due to unforeseen reasons. I'll try to get to Mr.Shivaramakrishnan and see whats going on.
Enjoy your car. It has now been proven to survive the Thar (although the Bangalore roads are far tougher I think ).
timetraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 22:59   #2128
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 5
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Hi
I test drove the XUV5OO yesterday. I was really disappointed by the middle row space. When compared to the scorpio I felt a bit cramped.
ssbhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2012, 00:22   #2129
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,250
Thanked: 5,407 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbhide View Post
I test drove the XUV5OO yesterday. I was really disappointed by the middle row space. When compared to the scorpio I felt a bit cramped.
Now that's a first !! So far everyone who TDed XUV 500 has mentioned that there is immense space in the middle row and they could have used a sliding mechanism to release more space in the third row!

And most of the reviews on Scorpio says the middle row is cramped. You speak the other way round! May I know what's your height? From the reviews, even guys above 6 ft found the space in XUV 500 more than adequate!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2012, 00:57   #2130
Team-BHP Support
 
Zappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 5,509
Thanked: 1,854 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Next slot will open in June as per some posts! If you go by current trend, there should be a booking opening in Dec this year, you could try in that.
I am expecting the bookings to open around April end or May begining. Most dealerships will end the current lot of delivery by May last week from what I have seen of the delivery dates that the dealerships have with them. Mahindra's can't sit and twiddle their thumbs after that waiting for the entire jamboree of booking, lottery (I am going with the assumption that they will not suddenly make it first come first serve now after all the peaens they sang on the merits of the lottery system), refund etc to finish. If they finish the booking process by April end then they will have the next lot of people ready to take delivery once the current lot finishes off.

This again assumes that M&M does not decide to reach out to people who failed the lottery test this time around and offer them cars before they open the next lot of bookings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbhide View Post
Hi
I test drove the XUV5OO yesterday. I was really disappointed by the middle row space. When compared to the scorpio I felt a bit cramped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Now that's a first !! So far everyone who TDed XUV 500 has mentioned that there is immense space in the middle row and they could have used a sliding mechanism to release more space in the third row!
I too find that difficult to believe.
@ssbhide, you sure you did not mean to say the 3rd row? The middle row has humongous space. I have seen that myself. To the extent that when I pushed the drivers seat to the maximum possible distance at the back (that itself makes driving impossible unless a 7 footer giant is driving) it still left enough space between the knee and the front seat to slide in a bag in between.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra XUV500 vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme vs Renault Duster vs Tata Aria a4anurag SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 113 20th December 2016 16:13
Received a copy of the Coffee Table book on the Mahindra XUV500 from Mahindra Corp. shankar.balan Shifting gears 3 2nd April 2012 16:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks