Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 17th March 2012, 13:14   #2161
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_man View Post
On http://www.mahindraxuv500.com - if you click on the Get In touch links on the top right, they have additional email IDs including senior employees of Mahindra & Mahindra.

Regarding AWD deliveries, how many people who booked in the first lot (Before October 10/11) have been delivered or not yet been delivered the AWD?

I had booked on October 5, and have not yet been delivered my Vehicle. I am following up with Mahindra and Mahindra via email and have escalated it to their Management on my specific delivery issues related to how the whose booking has been handled by them and the dealer.

Can anybody else share their AWD delivery status from the first lot?
I booked at the same time and got it delivered on 11/01/12.
drjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 20:03   #2162
BHPian

Did everyone who has not selected in draw receive the booking amount back from M&M? The deadline was 30 days, which has got over by this month 15th, I am yet to receive my money back.

-HCP
HotChillyPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 20:13   #2163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Did everyone who has not selected in draw receive the booking amount back from M&M? The deadline was 30 days, which has got over by this month 15th, I am yet to receive my money back.

-HCP
I got it about two weeks back. The amount was directly credited in my bank account

-- Wind
Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 21:51   #2164
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

-HCP
Had 2 bookings. Got both the refunds more than a week back.
You should check with the helpline.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 22:14   #2165
BHPian

Quote:

-HCP
I got it a week back, check with the customer care and ask them the status about the application #/ID you were given. Also, send out an email with the application ID to them.
Ketan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 22:23   #2166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
I got it about two weeks back. The amount was directly credited in my bank account

-- Wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Had 2 bookings. Got both the refunds more than a week back.
You should check with the helpline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I got it a week back, check with the customer care and ask them the status about the application #/ID you were given. Also, send out an email with the application ID to them.
Thanks Guys. I had two booking too. One got credited back to my account 2 weeks back. The one in company lease is still pending. I have sent out a mail to M&M just now. Hopefully they will reply soon.

-HCP
HotChillyPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 12:15   #2167
BHPian

Anyone aware of some Decent/ Affordable range of "Electronic air compressors" that we can connect to our Car in case we need some air to be filled in tyres ??
naveenchhillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 15:18   #2168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Anyone aware of some Decent/ Affordable range of "Electronic air compressors" that we can connect to our Car in case we need some air to be filled in tyres ??
Check this out, I am not sure of the quality though.

Air Compressor + Car Dent Remover + Car Scratch Remover + Car Vacuum Cleaner + Car Tyre Repair Kit Price - Buy Air Compressor + Car Dent Remover + Car Scratch Remover + Car Vacuum Cleaner + Car Tyre Repair Kit Price in India, Best Prices n Review
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 16:24   #2169
BHPian

Any idea folks, when is the next lot of bookings opening up.
Read that M&M is increasing capacity to 5000 XUVs ?
Any news when so they are able to stabilise production and provide the XUV on demand bookings.
princey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 16:33   #2170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey View Post
Any idea folks, when is the next lot of bookings opening up.
Read that M&M is increasing capacity to 5000 XUVs ?
Any news when so they are able to stabilise production and provide the XUV on demand bookings.
I read somewhere that the capcity increase shall be happening later in the year (around sept this year or so).

They have deliveries to clear until May end for the current lot of bookings so nothing clear about the next lot booking date or details (if its draw again!). However, people (customers and dealers) are making assumptions that last week of April would be a bit ambitious date else May it should open again.

So, do we have folks sharing experience from this second lot of bookings already (since the deliveries are happening for sometime now)? Do we have any idea how many of the first lot issue been rectified and how many new issues showing up in the second lot of bookings! I know there is a seperate thread where folks are sharing this, a summary can either be posted here or a link to that info would surely help.
Ketan is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 16:37   #2171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I read somewhere that the capcity increase shall be happening later in the year (around sept this year or so).

They have deliveries to clear until May end for the current lot of bookings so nothing clear about the next lot booking date or details (if its draw again!). However, people (customers and dealers) are making assumptions that last week of April would be a bit ambitious date else May it should open again.

So, do we have folks sharing experience from this second lot of bookings already (since the deliveries are happening for sometime now)? Do we have any idea how many of the first lot issue been rectified and how many new issues showing up in the second lot of bookings! I know there is a seperate thread where folks are sharing this, a summary can either be posted here or a link to that info would surely help.
Hi All,

For those of you who have not yet visited this thread, which is dedicated to XUV niggles and their solutions, please do visit on the link below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...solutions.html

This thread details out many of the problems XUV owners are facing and some of the solutions which have been implemented.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 18:02   #2172
BHPian

Man some low life has tried to pry open my XUVs fuel filler cover. I noticed 2 small paint chip offs one on fuel filler cover and another on the car body opposite to the chip off on the filler flap.
I dont think its an attempt to steal fuel but an attempt to put something into the fuel tank to mess up the engine.
Is the alarm system connected to the fuel filler flap? If not how can i protect against this in future? I think there are aftermarket alarm systems which set off an alarm if someone touches the vehicle. which one should i go for.
dockap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 19:27   #2173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Man some low life has tried to pry open my XUVs fuel filler cover. I noticed 2 small paint chip offs one on fuel filler cover and another on the car body opposite to the chip off on the filler flap.
I dont think its an attempt to steal fuel but an attempt to put something into the fuel tank to mess up the engine.
Is the alarm system connected to the fuel filler flap? If not how can i protect against this in future? I think there are aftermarket alarm systems which set off an alarm if someone touches the vehicle. which one should i go for.
This is a shame.

Have the existing security system (i guess it is the OEM Nippon) set to higher sensetivity by the A.S.S.

I have done the same in my Scorpio which screams every time some one touches it.
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2012, 10:53   #2174
BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 website has been updated with the new ex-showroom price list. It has been hiked around by 27K in Hyderabad for W6 model. But they say that these prices are effective from 16th March 2012 on all the new bookings. Since I booked my car in the last draw, does that mean the price hike in not applicable to the people like me. I have to call up the dealer and find out as I have to finish the finance formalities. Does anybody have information regarding the same.
vrrraju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2012, 12:25   #2175
Senior - BHPian

A cheaper XUV5OO? For 10.5 Lacs? W4 version?

Speculation: Mahindra to launch a cut price variant of the 2012 XUV500 Crossover in the coming months? | IndianCarsBikes.in
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote