Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2012, 16:47   #2281
BHPian
 
Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 276
Thanked: 74 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I took the leap of faith too. Booked a W8.
Booked the XUV5OO W8 at Sireesh Auto today. The showroom wore a deserted being a Sunday. On my way back, saw a small crowd around the Ertiga test vehicle at Pratham motors HSR Layout. It reminded me of the crowd at the Mahindra showrooms in October when the XUV was launched.

-- Wind
Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 19:33   #2282
BHPian
 
sheelapratosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 82
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Small piece of advise...

For all those wondering if you should go ahead and book, please read thru the entire thread "XUV 500 niggles and their solutions".

If you waited so long, it won't hurt to wait a little more till you are sure that the major issues are resolved (There are few which are yet to be resolved.)

Btw.. I own a W8, Had been using it for the past 5 months. So when I say "wait", it really means something :-)
sheelapratosh is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 21:35   #2283
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 68
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh
Small piece of advise...

For all those wondering if you should go ahead and book, please read thru the entire thread "XUV 500 niggles and their solutions".

If you waited so long, it won't hurt to wait a little more till you are sure that the major issues are resolved (There are few which are yet to be resolved.)

Btw.. I own a W8, Had been using it for the past 5 months. So when I say "wait", it really means something :-)
I thought all major ones, like infotainment, tpms, rusted hinges, door locks, gear shift 1&2 got sorted out

what issues are still open / workaround not available

btw : I reapplied on 12th for W8 fwd
vaibhavdalal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 22:43   #2284
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,423
Thanked: 6,347 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
Small piece of advise...Btw.. I own a W8, Had been using it for the past 5 months. So when I say "wait", it really means something :-)
Thanks for sharing the feedback, but I am not sure if I have seen an ownership thread from you! Since you mean "wait", would you mind starting an ownership thread and mention your experience. Might help a lot of (potential) owners. Also did you have the car from the first lot after introduction?
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 08:38   #2285
BHPian
 
sharninder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Goon-Gaon
Posts: 352
Thanked: 95 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Thanks for sharing the feedback, but I am not sure if I have seen an ownership thread from you! Since you mean "wait", would you mind starting an ownership thread and mention your experience. Might help a lot of (potential) owners. Also did you have the car from the first lot after introduction?
+1 to that. Even a short ownership thread with the issues that you've faced, and things that worked (or not worked) would be really helpful for people who're on the sideline (like me).

I've also not seen too many (any?) W6 ownership threads. nitinralli's is one but other than that are even the W6 owners at piece, considering that it has far lesser electronics and gizmos?
sharninder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 10:37   #2286
BHPian
 
Ketan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 827
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
+1 to that. Even a short ownership thread with the issues that you've faced, and things that worked (or not worked) would be really helpful for people who're on the sideline (like me).

I've also not seen too many (any?) W6 ownership threads. nitinralli's is one but other than that are even the W6 owners at piece, considering that it has far lesser electronics and gizmos?
I guess there are few.

The very first of it is W6 by Mannubhai if I'm correct. I agree with the trend, I dont see many W6 folks on the niggles and issue thread that could be because of the two reasons. 1>Very few W6 owners (rather sale I would say, most of them are going for W8 only). 2>Less electronics/electrical that may fail.
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 10:49   #2287
BHPian
 
sharninder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Goon-Gaon
Posts: 352
Thanked: 95 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post

2>Less electronics/electrical that may fail.
I'll put it another way. Is it true that only the fancy gizmos have been failing in the XUV till now ? If that is true, then I don't think it's much of a concern. I'd be more worried if the mechanicals have a problem, like the fuel pipe or lid leaking (both issues seen here on tbhp).
sharninder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 11:07   #2288
Senior - BHPian
 
Behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,007
Thanked: 1,267 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I guess there are few.

The very first of it is W6 by Mannubhai if I'm correct. I agree with the trend, I dont see many W6 folks on the niggles and issue thread that could be because of the two reasons. 1>Very few W6 owners (rather sale I would say, most of them are going for W8 only). 2>Less electronics/electrical that may fail.
Ours is also a W6 and so far no issues (touchwood)! The lesser electronics in the W6 are a boon and are more stable than the W8 version.
The ownership thread if you have missed it is on:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ra-xuv5oo.html (Battle of the X-Breeds : SKoda Yeti Vs Mahindra XUV5OO)


Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 11:10   #2289
BHPian
 
Ketan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 827
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
I'll put it another way. Is it true that only the fancy gizmos have been failing in the XUV till now ? If that is true, then I don't think it's much of a concern. I'd be more worried if the mechanicals have a problem, like the fuel pipe or lid leaking (both issues seen here on tbhp).
My percetption:

-Safety (brakpad issues - fuel line breaking)
-Performance (notchy gears and sometimes shuddering engine at certain speeds)
-Electronics gizmos (lots of examples)
-Mechanicals (door locking, rattles from diff parts around)

Some of the above I could quickly recollect. There will be more that I may have missed. A poll with different categories may show some more details on the niggles thread I guess.
Above are just what I could think of in that order of importance to me. Hope to see more specific details if we have a poll to collect such details along with the batch nos fo folks can corelate easily. Some of them are already fixed by M&M so thats a good thing and hoping to shrnk the list to zero as the vehicle moves on.

Last edited by Ketan : 16th April 2012 at 11:12.
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 15:14   #2290
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 6
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavdalal View Post
Agree with you, I am going through a similar process with G3 Motors, Mumbai for ICICI Lombard 0% depreciation wherein their quote is almost 50% higher .
I bought a XUV500 W8 from Concept Noida only on 15th April 2012. They also quoted 48k for insurance at booking time. I have a simple talk with my sales guy and told them the reliance quote i am getting is around 30K and i would like to do insurance outside. So, at the delivery time they gave me re-quoted 30K for normal and 36k for 0 dep (ICICI). I took the 0 dep one. The quote i guess you receive at booking is just a ball park figure, if you tell them frankly they would reduce it.

Note from Support - Please avoid posting like....this.....with....too.....many.....dots.... .between.....words. It makes for a difficult read. Please read the rules of the forum here before posting further.

Last edited by n_aditya : 16th April 2012 at 18:11. Reason: dotty post corrected.
gaurav_sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 18:10   #2291
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,229
Thanked: 576 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
+1 to that. Even a short ownership thread with the issues that you've faced, and things that worked (or not worked) would be really helpful for people who're on the sideline (like me).

I've also not seen too many (any?) W6 ownership threads. nitinralli's is one but other than that are even the W6 owners at piece, considering that it has far lesser electronics and gizmos?
Yes you are right in a way. With less electronics, W6 is less prone to issues. If you notice, most of the issues reported are from Infotainment and TPMS, both not available in W6.

If you look back in time, scorpio hardly had any gizmos and people were very happy with it. But the moment they came out with top of the line scorpio with all that jazz (gizmos), people started posting about something or the other going kaput. Same is the case with XUV.

I look at it this way, when you have so many things to look for (in terms of electronics in a car), the percentage of something going wrong is way higher. And to top it all, its a new vehicle in the market. Its bound to have some issues with it. Till the time they are being sorted out, everyone should be happy.

As for the W6 thread, well as it is there are 2 threads dedicated to XUV, hence i don't feel the need to create a new ownership thread. If i face any issue, i will come here or on the other thread and report it (infact i did in past).
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 19:11   #2292
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai/Medellin
Posts: 1,564
Thanked: 298 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Yes you are right in a way. With less electronics, W6 is less prone to issues. If you notice, most of the issues reported are from Infotainment and TPMS, both not available in W6.

If you look back in time, scorpio hardly had any gizmos and people were very happy with it. But the moment they came out with top of the line scorpio with all that jazz (gizmos), people started posting about something or the other going kaput. Same is the case with XUV.
For me somehow it was the opposite wih the Scorpio, the gizmos have worked perfectly all these years (almost 4 yrs) it was the mechanicals which failed and got replaced in the first year (but I feel it was a one off case of missed QC, since 2 of my friends bought same models almost together with me and had no issues).

In case of XUV it sems to be more of electronics issues, probably due to the origin (I guess Chinese / Korean) of parts of suspect quality

Last edited by m_upreti : 16th April 2012 at 19:13.
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 19:19   #2293
Senior - BHPian
 
geeash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,513
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Guys, I am happy to inform that i have booked a XUV500 at Zuleikha Motors chennai on saturday. I had lost out on the lottery last time and was very frustrated when i received a letter of rebooking. After many a thoughts and calculations, i have finally paid 40k as advance and booked the XUV500 W8 Satin White.

Just a piece of advice from you guys

What is the next step? How can i know whether the dealer had booked a vehicle in my name? Is it possible to track my vehicle production?

Geeash
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 19:37   #2294
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,660
Thanked: 7,508 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
...What is the next step? How can i know whether the dealer had booked a vehicle in my name? Is it possible to track my vehicle production?
Congratulations!
My dealer told me at the time of booking that I would receive a call on 22nd Apr directly from M&M about the delivery date. At the time of launch, M&M had given a window into their production systems to the customers to track the delivery date and possibly even VIN. They subsequently removed that facility and left the customers at the mercy of the dealers. So in short, you would most likely get the tentative delivery date from M&M directly, but for any other insight into the production/delivery, you need to work with your dealer.

Last edited by SDP : 16th April 2012 at 19:39.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 19:52   #2295
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 68
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Hi All

Can the current owners of w6 & w8 highlight issues that are unresolved or don't have a workaround

I am sure this would help the potential buyers to decide on taking the plunge or continue to wait on the fence

anxiously waiting for updates
vaibhavdalal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra XUV500 vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme vs Renault Duster vs Tata Aria a4anurag SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 116 10th May 2017 15:34
Received a copy of the Coffee Table book on the Mahindra XUV500 from Mahindra Corp. shankar.balan Shifting gears 3 2nd April 2012 16:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks