Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 11th July 2012, 23:45   #2761
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Just wanted to share this info with all XUV owners. The purple club membership packet contains a holiday gift voucher from club Mahindra for 2 nights and 3 days in select resorts which can be availed during selected periods only (read off season).
The date of issue of the voucher is usually the delivery date of your XUV and it is necessary to register the voucher on club mahindra website within 30 days from the date of issue if not the voucher expires. I had this problem because i received my purple club membership 45 days after delivery of my XUV but Mahindra got the voucher reissued. I advice all of you who have taken delivery of your XUV to register the holiday voucher within 30 days of delivery of your cheetah.
dockap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 00:02   #2762
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
Update: My XUV had a cracked windscreen 1 month into driving, thanks to a flying stone from a trucks wheels. Got it replaced today...cost...very reasonable Rs 6000/- only advantage of owning a Indian brand...
Same case here, my XUV too had a small crack from a stone while driving down NH8 expressway few weeks back. I think i will live with it for a while.

6000 includes everything or just the glass?
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 01:30   #2763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
The vehicle tends to pull slightly to the left.

That's all.
Mine had a similar problem. First they reworked on the alignment but the problem persisted. Next they changed the (left) strut, problem still persisted (the test driver or the Technical SME concurred). They said they will raise a complaint with Mahindra and i gave up on the issue. After a few days, the RM called to inform that they had received an altered strut for my XUV. They replaced it and have since had no problem with the drifting to the left. Not sure if this is to do with a specific batch. Mine in a Jan2012 manufactured.
charan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 07:24   #2764
BHPian

I took my XUV w8 last week. Within 200kms of driving I noticed the break sound issue. Am slightly not happy as even after so many months Mahindra could not solve this problem.

Is there any fix for this problem or i have to live with it?

Thanks,
Krishna
krishnathanthri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 10:25   #2765
BHPian

what is the current waiting period on the XUV? Dealers here in Delhi are all quoting 16-17 weeks ( standard response! )

This windscreen thing is surely a very common issue!!
Even the TD vehicle I drove, had a cracked one.!
BUXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 12:02   #2766
BHPian

Decided to go for W8. But still afraid of the niggles. Or should I go for Innova GX.

Waiting period quoted in Kochi, Kerala is 6 months.
Vasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 13:06   #2767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Same case here, my XUV too had a small crack from a stone while driving down NH8 expressway few weeks back. I think i will live with it for a while.

6000 includes everything or just the glass?
Got it done from Windscreen experts. 6 grand and they came to my house to change it, 45 mins and it was done.
Joyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 23:12   #2768
BHPian

Hey guys there is a android app released for your XUV500. Just open play store on your android device and type XUV500 and click search and download the app.
I clicked the helpline icon by mistake and next thing i know is i am connected to the helpline and some guy at the other end is asking me how can he help me at 11pm . I told him about the app and how i dialed the no unknowingly and i am sorry(i dont think he understood and he knows about the app).
some pics of the options in the app.
Attached Images

dockap is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 07:58   #2769
BHPian

Quote:
Got it done from Windscreen experts. 6 grand and they came to my house to change it, 45 mins and it was done.
How is the glass quality. Is it the genuine spare part offered by Mahindra.
princey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 10:09   #2770
BHPian

This time around delivery date is dependent on city you're pruchasing from. M&M has allocated fix number of vehicles to each city (dealership) and accordingly you get your delivery date. For eg: Here in Surat i booked on very first day i.e 8th June ( was the last person to book) and before me were some 150 bookings. i have been given a tentative delivery date of 29th October.
I even enquired with M&M through customer care and they informed that they have allocated some 30 vehicles per month to Surat for next 3 months and hence for now my delivery date stands to 29th Oct. They will review the numbers after three months as per demand and would give fresh numbers again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
what is the current waiting period on the XUV? Dealers here in Delhi are all quoting 16-17 weeks ( standard response! )

This windscreen thing is surely a very common issue!!
Even the TD vehicle I drove, had a cracked one.!

Last edited by dave7377 : 13th July 2012 at 10:10. Reason: spell check
dave7377 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 10:34   #2771
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Did you pay for it yourself? Have you opted from zero-dep bumper-to-bumper insurance? Does bumper-to-bumper cover cracked windshield?
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 11:04   #2772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Did you pay for it yourself? Have you opted from zero-dep bumper-to-bumper insurance? Does bumper-to-bumper cover cracked windshield?
I am in the process of buying zero depreciation insurance online from ICICI Lombard and the sales guys there say that after a standard deductible of Rs. 1500, everything else is covered - wind shield included. In case of any claims however, you would lose the NCB - no claim bonus.

Any idea what is the NCB?

Also, does it make sense to go for a zero depreciation insurance on a new car in the first year? One can always upgrade to a zero depreciation one next year, cannot they?
iride is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 11:39   #2773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Hey guys there is a android app released for your XUV500. Just open play store on your android device and type XUV500 and click search and download the app.
I clicked the helpline icon by mistake and next thing i know is i am connected to the helpline and some guy at the other end is asking me how can he help me at 11pm . I told him about the app and how i dialed the no unknowingly and i am sorry(i dont think he understood and he knows about the app).
some pics of the options in the app.
That's nice. I am seeing something like this for the first time!

This is the link for others to have a look -

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Y29uZS54dXYiXQ..

Yes, its free.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 13:28   #2774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
That's nice. I am seeing something like this for the first time!
Me too. I hope this app is developed further and in future maybe they can make it receive info from the IS of the XUV through bluetooth and we can see all the info and engine/ECU parameters in real time on our android devices. Imagine starting and unlocking your car from your phone. Maybe even drive it and control it from the phone like i saw James Bond do in one of his movies.
dockap is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 13:51   #2775
BHPian

I have been waiting for mahindra to sort out the niggles before i buy, so have put off buying the XUV 500 for the last 4 months.
So is it the right time now coz export has started to Australia, South Africa etc. I assume that Mahindra would have sorted the niggles before exporting.
Also are the electronics like touch screen system, ESP, tyretronics, etc robust??
methilsunkara is offline   Reply With Quote