Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2012, 09:18   #2881
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,551
Thanked: 1,163 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
But Koncept & Sri Durga both say have mentioned that buying Insurance is mandatory from them. I haven't yet spoken to the Sales guy about this though..

Need your inputs on this ! Thx in advance !!
If not your sales adviser who told you that its mandatory to by insurance from them only?

They CANNOT insist and if they do, post a note on XUV5OO Facebook page and Anand himself will get the senior folk to talk to the dealer and allow you to take insurance outside. Firstly get the above fact written on paper / have a video recording on your phone/camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Haven't dealt with Koncept but the guys at Sri Durga (Rama Road) are good. The GM services is a tbhp member and a nice person. My RM Harneet is gem of a person and respects our forum too.
Wow !! A Sales advisor / RM knows about TBHP and respects it. Nice to know the reach at various levels. . At least in Hyundai A.S.S They do not know what is TBHP and they just think its a blog site
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 09:48   #2882
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DELHI
Posts: 575
Thanked: 265 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Haven't dealt with Koncept but the guys at Sri Durga (Rama Road) are good. The GM services is a tbhp member and a nice person. My RM Harneet is gem of a person and respects our forum too.
Thanks Rohit: Will check them again. A.S.S experience is the more important criteria. will get in touch with them again.

@scopriobharath: "Buying insurance is mandatory form the dealer" is provided in written by both the dealers in their quotes for the vehicle.

I will try to get to waive off this condition from them. In writing.
Otherwise, FB zindabad !
BUXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 09:53   #2883
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,551
Thanked: 1,163 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
@scopriobharath: "Buying insurance is mandatory form the dealer" is provided in written by both the dealers in their quotes for the vehicle.

I will try to get to waive off this condition from them. In writing.
Otherwise, FB zindabad !
Yes Facebook is the last option. Since you have a written statement, scan it and post it on FB page. Also you might want to "verbally" tell them that you will discuss this with Mahindra Top-Brass and then confirm. On most occasions, dealer will oblige by making an "exception".

You may try this if you have the time with you. Insurance Quotes are very competitive and agents have monthly targets and Bonuses tied to them. Get Online quotes and check with your dealer if he can match them. If they match both offer-wise and cost-wise, it makes sense to buy from dealer, else steer clear.

Road-Tax, insurance etc are mandated by the government and not M&M so M&M (Dealer included) can have a say only about the ex-showroom price.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 25th July 2012 at 09:55.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 13:06   #2884
BHPian
 
mannubhai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 409
Thanked: 285 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Which dealer in NCR would you guys recommend? I am leaning towards Koncept, Lajpat Nagar since they are big & perhaps would have a larger quota of vehicles allotted to them?

But Koncept & Sri Durga both say have mentioned that buying Insurance is mandatory from them. I haven't yet spoken to the Sales guy about this though..

Need your inputs on this ! Thx in advance !!
Buxx,

This issue had come up during the initial bookings, and M&M made it clear that Insurance is not mandatory. I got my bonus of my old car transferred into the new insurance and that was a deadly deal.

Do not buy insurance from the dealer.
mannubhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 14:10   #2885
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DELHI
Posts: 575
Thanked: 265 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Thanks Mannubhai..! will get them to waive this off
BUXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 19:27   #2886
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,163
Thanked: 456 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Which dealer in NCR would you guys recommend? I am leaning towards Koncept, Lajpat Nagar since they are big & perhaps would have a larger quota of vehicles allotted to them?

But Koncept & Sri Durga both say have mentioned that buying Insurance is mandatory from them. I haven't yet spoken to the Sales guy about this though..

Need your inputs on this ! Thx in advance !!
WOW so its back again. Well i was the first person who had this issue way back in November. Had Anand Mahindra to step in and solve this issue
Koncept have their own Concepts so dont even think of buying insurance from them. Heck i would even advise not to buy XUV from them at all. AVOID them and go to other dealers as Rohitji said below.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 23:34   #2887
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nasik / Mumbai
Posts: 409
Thanked: 540 Times
Question Query

Hello Team! I am back after quite a long time, but this time, with a query.

A friend of mine (whose new membership here is awaiting approval) had booked an XUV in Kolkata on 8th June, 2012(1st day of 3rd lot booking). He was told by the dealer that he will get the Delivery Date confirmation directly from Mahindra within 1.5 WEEKS, and he can expect the delivery of the SUV within 1.5-2 MONTHS.

But after 1 Month after Booking, when he wasn't given a delivery date he complained to M&M Customer Care about it. After exchange of a few e-mails, he was given an expected delivery date of 6th JANUARY, 2013 . Now thats too much of the waiting, considering, he made the booking on the 1st day when the bookings opened and was promised delivery within 2 months (Not 6 )!

He really doesn't want to opt for some other vehicle since the XUV fits his requirements very well for now. Canceling the booking will also supposedly cost 5000. But who knows by Jan, with the Duster and the EcoSport coming into the equation, considering the delays he might as well be tempted to reconsider his options.

Is there anything that can be done to reduce this unreasonable waiting period or is this the case for everyone who have booked in this round of bookings? The guy is really confused and could really use some advice from you guys.

Thanks in advance.
antz.bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 23:35   #2888
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,163
Thanked: 456 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

So are we talking bout this gap between the low beam and fog lights?? This is there in mine too but only when you keep low beam at "zero" from the light adjust from inside. But I guess this should be common due to the height of the headlights.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20120725_225322.jpg
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 08:41   #2889
NIP
Senior - BHPian
 
NIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,146
Thanked: 76 Times
Default Re: Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
Hello Team! I am back after quite a long time, but this time, with a query.

A friend of mine (whose new membership here is awaiting approval) had booked an XUV in Kolkata on 8th June, 2012(1st day of 3rd lot booking). He was told by the dealer that he will get the Delivery Date confirmation directly from Mahindra within 1.5 WEEKS, and he can expect the delivery of the SUV within 1.5-2 MONTHS.

But after 1 Month after Booking, when he wasn't given a delivery date he complained to M&M Customer Care about it. After exchange of a few e-mails, he was given an expected delivery date of 6th JANUARY, 2013 . Now that's too much of the waiting, considering, he made the booking on the 1st day when the bookings opened and was promised delivery within 2 months (Not 6 )!

He really doesn't want to opt for some other vehicle since the XUV fits his requirements very well for now. Canceling the booking will also supposedly cost 5000. But who knows by Jan, with the Duster and the EcoSport coming into the equation, considering the delays he might as well be tempted to reconsider his options.

Is there anything that can be done to reduce this unreasonable waiting period or is this the case for everyone who have booked in this round of bookings? The guy is really confused and could really use some advice from you guys.

Thanks in advance.
I think your friend is being taken for a ride. I booked on the first day as well (8th June), and I was given a tentative delivery period of 3 months (max Aug31st). Within a week, I was given a promised delivery date of 9th Aug. Couple of days ago I got a call saying the vehicle is already in transit I've been given July 31st as delivery date.

I think the delivery dates are computer generated, and my booking was on priority (first 25). Even those who booked after that got dates no later than Nov. I think your friend needs to throttle the SE and Manager at the dealership.

Last edited by NIP : 26th July 2012 at 08:47.
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 08:56   #2890
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DELHI
Posts: 575
Thanked: 265 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Boinks !!!

The current expected delivery is not earlier than Nov??
BUXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 10:29   #2891
BHPian
 
fundagenie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 445
Thanked: 392 Times
Default Re: Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
But after 1 Month after Booking, when he wasn't given a delivery date he complained to M&M Customer Care about it. After exchange of a few e-mails, he was given an expected delivery date of 6th JANUARY, 2013 . Now thats too much of the waiting, considering, he made the booking on the 1st day when the bookings opened and was promised delivery within 2 months (Not 6 )!

I am also facing the same issue. Had booked on 5th day of the 3rd phase of booking at TVS cochin. The dealer promised delivery in 2-3 months max. When I dint get a call from Mahindra after more than a month, I posted this in XUV FB page and tweeted to Anand Mahindra. Got a call from Mahindra's office based on these giving the delivery date in Jan'2013. After a lot of haggling with the dealer he has agreed to get it delivered at the earliest. Am still fighting with them every 2-3 days.

BTW is any tentative delivery date or period mentioned on the booking receipt. In which case you can fight with that. TVS had just put an ASAP in that column and we totally missed it out then.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 10:58   #2892
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 50
Thanked: 25 Times
Exclamation Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
So are we talking bout this gap between the low beam and fog lights?? This is there in mine too but only when you keep low beam at "zero" from the light adjust from inside. But I guess this should be common due to the height of the headlights.

Attachment 961812
Oh! I did not know that there would be gap when you are on low-beam and you need to put on the fogs. I have Verna now and I have never faced this. The low perfectly illuminates all area required. Except of course for the area that the static lights in XUV does

I used to at people who put on their fogs when the fogs are not required. If XUV is going to need fogs all the time, I am sure that is a bad design. Unless of course, the XUV owner has adjusted the low such that, the throw is longer in low itself. Which will bring in another problem - when such vehicle puts on the high, or does a dim-dip, the vehicle coming opposite is going to curse like anything. That would blind him off. Imagine if that other guy is a two-wheeler or a cyclewala. Poor guy.

Anyway, the throw of light in the low is ones own preference, but I would guess that any vehicle manufactured would have made note of this and the low should be sufficient to illuminate the area that is required to be illuminated.

About the adjustment inside the vehicle at "zero", I always keep it at this and change only when there is load in the trunk or there are two adults in the rear seat to either 1 or at most 2, depending on the weight behind me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Boinks !!!

The current expected delivery is not earlier than Nov??
In Chennai, the expected delivery is not earlier than January 2013 at the India Garage and Zulekha. With November, it is far better

Last edited by GTO : 27th July 2012 at 17:51. Reason: STRICTLY no more than 2 smilies per post please
krishnaraja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 14:52   #2893
BHPian
 
fundagenie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 445
Thanked: 392 Times
Default

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaraja View Post

I used to at people who put on their fogs when the fogs are not required. If XUV is going to need fogs all the time, I am sure that is a bad design.

Correct me if I am wrong here.. None of these advertised fog lights are actually fog lights.. Cos my understanding of fog lights are yellow ones that used to be fixed on vehicles in mountain areas.. These advertised fog lights in all these vehicles are normal lights meant to provide some additional visibility at the front lower areas closer to the vehicle....

So i dont see any issue with having them switched on as it gives more visibility on the left /right sides, especially while turning..

FundaG

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
So are we talking bout this gap between the low beam and fog lights?? This is there in mine too but only when you keep low beam at "zero" from the light adjust from inside. But I guess this should be common due to the height of the headlights.

Attachment 961812
By any chance is that extensive amount of blackness due to the photography..The throw of the light seems to be very very less on the right side and nothing is visible after a short distance. Its like driving into some black hole on the right..

So while driving is it better than how it came in the photo....

FundaG

Last edited by GTO : 27th July 2012 at 18:00. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
fundagenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 15:14   #2894
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 50
Thanked: 25 Times
Post Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Correct me if I am wrong here.. None of these advertised fog lights are actually fog lights.. Cos my understanding of fog lights are yellow ones that used to be fixed on vehicles in mountain areas.. These advertised fog lights in all these vehicles are normal lights meant to provide some additional visibility at the front lower areas closer to the vehicle....

So i dont see any issue with having them switched on as it gives more visibility on the left /right sides, especially while turning..

FundaG
Ok, first of all, you are right that these are not real fogs . However, since the normal lamps are provided in the area where the real fogs [with yellow color] are to be put, for lack of better name I guess we call them as fog lamps.

Then, it is a misnomer to say that by switching on these lamps, you get better visibility. Please do this and check it yourself. Put the light into first step, this will usually switch on the parking lamps [not the indicators that flash, but on the light switch, first step]. Only if you do this, the fog lamps can be put on. So, now put on the fog lamps and check the visibility. Does it improve anything? Even in pitch dark, the area in front of the car will be comparitively brighter and you will know the lights are switched on, but that is practically useless. It is only a perception that it illuminates the sides and gives better visibility. While I say this, this feeling is subjective. At least for me, this is not useful at all and I hate this. I take up with my kids when they switch it on [when no key in car ]

The only way it is useful is when you have dropped something in the ground and are using these lamps to search for them. Otherwise it does not serve any purpose for the driver who is driving with these put on.
krishnaraja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 16:15   #2895
BHPian
 
fundagenie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 445
Thanked: 392 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaraja View Post

Then, it is a misnomer to say that by switching on these lamps, you get better visibility. Please do this and check it yourself. Put the light into first step, this will usually switch on the parking lamps [not the indicators that flash, but on the light switch, first step]. Only if you do this, the fog lamps can be put on. So, now put on the fog lamps and check the visibility. Does it improve anything? Even in pitch dark, the area in front of the car will be comparitively brighter and you will know the lights are switched on, but that is practically useless. It is only a perception that it illuminates the sides and gives better visibility. While I say this, this feeling is subjective. At least for me, this is not useful at all and I hate this. I take up with my kids when they switch it on [when no key in car ]
No offence.. I have to disagree to some extent. During the later part of the evening when the sun is almost down, and it starts to be dark and dosent make sense having your headlights on, I usually drive with the parking lights and the fog lights switched on. And the fog lights do give some amount of visibility. And while taking turns on roads with no lights, I have felt the lights providing some extra visibility.

I drive an Accent right now and have no idea if the effect of the lights vary with the car brand/make, the light size and the fitment area on the bumpers.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra XUV500 vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme vs Renault Duster vs Tata Aria a4anurag SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 113 20th December 2016 16:13
Received a copy of the Coffee Table book on the Mahindra XUV500 from Mahindra Corp. shankar.balan Shifting gears 3 2nd April 2012 16:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:52.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks