Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 17th September 2012, 00:22   #3316
BHPian

Can anyone tell me how to turn on the cooling in the compartment below central arm rest.
nipun dhingra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2012, 00:43   #3317
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

^ Just rotate the rotory black lever at the bottom, try to rotate it both clockwise and anticlockwise to stop/start air flow.
abhinavinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2012, 13:12   #3318
BHPian

Took delivery of W8 - D Grey on 14th Sept. Clocked almost 500 Kms till now. Loving it.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20120914_125920-11024x1024.jpg  

Vasuki is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2012, 15:29   #3319

Brought this W8 FWD in June'12 and wanted to complete the first 5000 kms before writing the post. This XUV is a highway cruiser and is very stable and comfortable at high speeds. Feels very comfortable to drive on highways and very less fatigue on long drives. Just completed a long 2100 kms trip to South India (Chn-Madurai-Kanykumari-Poovar-Thekkady-Kumarakom-munnar-chn) and enjoyed every bit of driving this beast.

Have a few of the niggles (1. car pullling on the left side- need to check the wheel alignment, 2. Foul smell from the A/c while driving on long distance even in inner circulation mode, 3. IS displaying an alert that the back left wheel tyre pressure is less even when the tyre is proper, 4. brake grinding noise). Hopefull that it all will be resolved in my coming services as shared by other XUV owners.

But overall still will say to get this product from an Indian based company and slowly falling in love with this beast.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-photo-5.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by moralfibre : 18th September 2012 at 08:33. Reason: Please refrain from mentioning high speeds on the forum.
Jamal Kokan is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2012, 16:08   #3320
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamal Kokan View Post
Brought this W8 FWD in June'12 and wanted to complete the first 5000 kms before writing the post. This XUV is a highway cruiser and is very stable and comfortable on high speed (120-140) range. Feels very comfortable to drive on highways and very less fatigue on long drives. Just completed a long 2100 kms trip to South India (Chn-Madurai-Kanykumari-Poovar-Thekkady-Kumarakom-munnar-chn) and enjoyed every bit of driving this beast.
But overall still will say to get this product from an Indian based company and slowly falling in love with this beast.
Congratulations Jamal Kokan for the XUV as well as the first post (apparently after 4 years of membership).

Is the color black or purple?
I like the side-foot-steps. Their desgin does not look like the one in Mahindra accessories. Did you get those from outside? For how much, if you don't mind?

What kind of FE are you getting?
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2012, 16:27   #3321

, i know. Wanted to write a post many a times but somehow or the other miss it out. I have been following this forum for ages and all my car buys have been greatly influenced by this forum.
1. M800 in Sep'03
2. Honda City in Jun'08 (Sold it also thru Team bhp only in classified section) and then
3. Now my xuv in Jun'12.

The mileage that i am getting is a constant 12 kmpl both in city and on long distance (as u can see, i tend to go faster on highways and hence the same mileage i guess). The color is volcano black and the side foot step is an aftermarket accessory costing close to 5k in Chennai.
Jamal Kokan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2012, 18:37   #3322

Seeing Jamal's post, I am tempted to open my account too . I joined about a year back and visit the site almost everyday but din't post actively.

Congrats Jamal, on your buy! Looks beautiful!

Booked the W8 Opulent Purple last week from Sireesh Auto(near Silkboard on way to Hosur). They have given me a delivery date in Dec this year. I am hoping that other guys who've booked it will put away their delivery dates until next year in order to have better re-sale value. It doesn't matter to me frankly. Also I guess this whole 4 month waiting period is a ploy by the Mahindra guys to create pseudo scarcity. Many, I've heard, have got their cars in 6 to 10 weeks.

I haven't got any mail from the Mahindra guys so far. In fact I haven't yet got a receipt for the 40k down registration fee which they said they would email. I have to follow up on that one.
Cheshire_Cat is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2012, 19:29   #3323
BHPian

Quote:

and the side foot step is an aftermarket accessory costing close to 5k in Chennai.
Planning to fit similar foot step. The only issue is I heard was that footsteps scrape while driving on bad roads and tall speed breakers. Causing it to bend in no time....

Also could you share some side and closer snaps of the foot step. Pls share the details of the seller.

FundaG

Slightly OT:

I have registered the car at Trivandrum. 2 weeks and yet to get the RC book. Anyone here who had registered the car in TVM . Does it take this much time to get the RC book. Hence I am yet to bring my beast to bangalore after more than a month... :(

FundaG

Note from Team-bhp support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread!

Last edited by moralfibre : 18th September 2012 at 08:36. Reason: Back to back posts.
fundagenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2012, 21:45   #3324
BHPian

Default Batter late than never

After three months of ownership I am posting the first picture of our XUV in this forum. The picture was taken on a cloudy and drizzling day at the KRS dam in Mysore

-- Wind
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_4000_b.jpg  

Wind is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2012, 21:46   #3325

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Planning to fit similar foot step. The only issue is I heard was that footsteps scrape while driving on bad roads and tall speed breakers. Causing it to bend in no time....

Also could you share some side and closer snaps of the foot step. Pls share the details of the seller.

FundaG
This was brought more out of necessity, as both my children had to be lifted to enter the car on the first day. When checked with dealer they had the one which has gaps and asked my son to try climbing on it and promptly in a hurry his leg almost got caught in the gap. So decided to get a flat board type to avoid this issue. Attaching some closer snaps for view. I had put this on the second day of my purchase and till date not a single scrape. The brand name is classique and is available in a shop on Habibullah Road - Genuine Car Accessories adjacent to PSBB school.

I also got the first service done today from India Garage and they have rectified all of my niggles . The car has just come back now, will need to test for the next few days before I can confirm.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-imag_0524.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th September 2012 at 22:35. Reason: removing tags
Jamal Kokan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2012, 22:21   #3326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
hello folks.. as my d-day draws close (am expecting delivery later this month or early october), I just can't seem to contain my excitement . I know its a bit early, but can someone guide me to a few good accessory shops in Hyderabad for the XUV? I am looking for the 3D Kagu mats and options for the foot rest (am not a big fan of the chrome footrest that mahindra has to offer). Also, plan to look for some essential cleaning supplies as well

Needed some opinions on planning for a rear fender. I am still unsure whether this would be a good idea or not. I would rather not get this, but am scared of some of the bikers and autowallahs who end up scraping the bumper during their maneuvering at signals and traffic jams.
Did any of the folks get a fender and if so which brand/type?
Done and Dusted, I have asked Girish from Ambica Auto on Minister Road. He gave me the following pricing.

3 Mats - starts from 3000
Filming - 3000 - 27000 (3M, Vcool, garware) for the side and and rear windows
Front Bumper Guard - they have different qualities
Rear Bumper Guard - they have different qualities
Seat covers - range from 4000 ( PU leather) - 75000 (Original Leather - Best quality)
Side step for XUV 500 - he suggests it to get it from showroom itself.

I found out the pricing of Underbody and paint protection from Waxoyl distributor:
M/s Paramount Car Services, Neredmet cross Roads, A.S. Rao Nagar Main Road, Secunderabad.

The duration will be 3 hrs for 100 plus treatment and 1 hr for Corrosion.

The pricing will be 100 plus Rs.3737/- plus Tax Rs. 460/- Total Rs.4197/-
Corrosion Treatment (both under body and Cavity ) Rs. 4299/- plus Tax Rs.531/- Total Rs.4830/-

Grand Total Rs.9027/-
10% special discount Rs.827/- and synthetic Chamois free
Nett Payable Amount Rs.8200/-

Let me know if anyone else is planning for accessories for their XUV 500 in Hyderabad.
balenoboy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2012, 00:13   #3327
BHPian

Quote:
The brand name is classique and is available in a shop on Habibullah Road - Genuine Car Accessories adjacent to PSBB school.

Jamal, could you pls provide the contact number, since i am not based in Chennai. But can always drop in from Bangalore

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2012, 06:12   #3328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoboy

Done and Dusted, I have asked Girish from Ambica Auto on Minister Road. He gave me the following pricing.

3 Mats - starts from 3000
Filming - 3000 - 27000 (3M, Vcool, garware) for the side and and rear windows

Let me know if anyone else is planning for accessories for their XUV 500 in Hyderabad.
Thanks Balenoboy! This is good info. I will also go around and post my findings for others benefit.
DoneAndDusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2012, 06:44   #3329
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
After three months of ownership I am posting the first picture of our XUV in this forum. The picture was taken on a cloudy and drizzling day at the KRS dam in Mysore

-- Wind
One of the rare Green XUV5OO. Congratulations Wind!

Quote:
This was brought more out of necessity, as both my children had to be lifted to enter the car on the first day. When checked with dealer they had the one which has gaps and asked my son to try climbing on it and promptly in a hurry his leg almost got caught in the gap. So decided to get a flat board type to avoid this issue. Attaching some closer snaps for view. I had put this on the second day of my purchase and till date not a single scrape. The brand name is classique and is available in a shop on Habibullah Road - Genuine Car Accessories adjacent to PSBB school.
Jamal Kokan, thanks for the snaps and the information. How are the footboards attached to the body? Are there any existing holes? Do the holes match with that of Classique boards?

Last edited by SDP : 18th September 2012 at 06:47.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2012, 09:59   #3330
BHPian

Hi guys, as my d-day draws close, does anyone know if M&M is offering any corporate discounts or freebies with the XUV? Has anyone managed any freebies from the dealers?
DoneAndDusted is offline   Reply With Quote