Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 18th October 2012, 19:33   #3571
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoboy View Post
Atlast Guys, good news for me.. Feb 26th 2013 delivery - CPD date has changed now. They promised me to give me the delivery by end of October 2012 now. I have bugging a lot of people for this starting from SE to SM to RM. They heard my cries and shouts.

Also I heard about this ban of sun film across India. I was talking to a friend of mine and he has been instructed by local police to stop installing any films acros vehicles who go to him(Hyd).
Congratulations BalenoBoy! Hope you get it soon and start loving your ride. Got mine delivered today and am loving it.. Haven't been able to drive a lot as work has kept me busy.. Hope to get a good ride on the Expressway/ORR over the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
Woohoo! Booked my Black XUV W6 couple of days back and getting delivery on Monday. Damn! This wait is killing me. Getting the reverse cam and floor mats(which will be changed later). Anyother accesories worth looking at? Wanted to go in for the headrest monitors but having seen members on the forum talk about the quality of screens or rather lack of it decided against it for now. Have also planned a 2000 km trip from Tuesday to Chennai-Yelagiri-Yercaud-Kotagiri-Ooty-Yelagiri-Chennai. Anything to keep in mind when taking my brand new XUV on this long trip?

Will look at getting leather seats for my XUV once back from the trip. Any suggestions on the leather seats in terms of brand & pricing would be appreciated.
Congratulations RedSFx. Go for good 3D mats. And you have chosen wisely by not going for the headrest monitors. I suggest you buy a pair a good tablets and use them with a headrest fitting. You can try Nexus 7 or IPad or some of the local varieties based on your budget. You can also wait for a couple of weeks as the iPad mini, Windows Surface and a potentially next Tablet from Google are going to be unveiled...
Enjoy!
DoneAndDusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 19:38   #3572
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
Congratulations BalenoBoy! Hope you get it soon and start loving your ride. Got mine delivered today and am loving it.. Haven't been able to drive a lot as work has kept me busy.. Hope to get a good ride on the Expressway/ORR over the weekend.

Enjoy!
Congratulations DoneAndDusted! Enjoy your ride and please share lots of photos in your ownership thread. Drive Safe!
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 21:30   #3573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoboy View Post
Atlast Guys, good news for me.. Feb 26th 2013 delivery - CPD date has changed now. They promised me to give me the delivery by end of October 2012 now.
Quote:
Woohoo! Booked my Black XUV W6 couple of days back and getting delivery on Monday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
Got mine delivered today and am loving it.. Haven't been able to drive a lot as work has kept me busy.. Hope to get a good ride on the Expressway/ORR over the weekend.
BalenoBoy : Heartiest congratulations! There was obviously something terribly wrong with your 7 month wait time. Hope you get your XUV this month as promised. I'm expecting my Silver W6 any day now.

RedSFX : You seem to be well connected, man! Delivery within a week and fancy accessories (reverse camera) free! My dealer is not giving me even a Rupee worth of freebies. Congrats and wishing you an exciting and safe association with your new XUV.

DoneAndDusted : Heartiest congratulations! Drive safely on the expressway.

Last edited by debuda : 18th October 2012 at 21:36. Reason: Minor additions.
debuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 21:58   #3574
BHPian

@DoneAndDusted

Superb buddy....I am sure you are in clouds for now.. Drive safe, Post some pics soon.

@RedSFX
You are really connected. How is it possible for your get something so quick and that too with freebies. You can also tell us how to get some freebies. May be you are first person who is getting freebies.

@Debuda
Thank you Debuda. I know i believed that there is something wrong with their system which said 7 months. Anyways, they are ready to give me anytime from now but then I would like to collect it only last week of Oct or 1st week of November.. Wifey will kill me if I collect without her presence .

Hey Guys!!! Wanting to buy Focal speaker system for my upcoming W6. I have seen a ad here in TBHP who is selling brand new Focal Speakers from a member named Bass&Trouble. it does look like a great deal.

1. Focal Polyglass Series 6.5" Component Speaker KIT 165VB - MRP Rs. 17000/-
2. Focal Performance Series 6.5" Coaxial Speaker KIT PC165 - MRP Rs. 11000/-
3. Damping (noise kill) 20 square feet - MRP Rs. 3000/-
Total price of the above package - Rs. 18600/-

Let me know your thoughts....

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th October 2012 at 01:41. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
balenoboy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 08:26   #3575
BHPian

Took delivery of my red W8 on September 25th (Aug manufactured). Its been an absolute pleasure so far. Some observations
  1. I hear a "tak" sound from driver side door near the hinge when I apply brakes, push the car or go on an uneven surface.
  2. Driver side door is a bit tricky at times. I guess there is an alignment issue and the "tak" sound could be the result of the same
  3. I do hear brake grinding noise once in a while. Especially at very low speeds
  4. Did anyone else notice that front door handles are very close to the door hinge?
I havent been able to take the car out of bangalore yet. But the city driving has been a pleasure so far. A mysore trip this month and a Goa trip next month is what I am waiting for.

Accessories I already have
  1. Footstep from India Garage
  2. Kagu 3D mats
  3. 3M paint protection and underbody protection
Planning to get the reverse camera. Also the Bosch wipers. Will upload the pics soon. Have to resize them to conform to forum attachment policies.
hsprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 10:24   #3576
BHPian

Thanks Guys. Yes, I know I am very lucky to get freebies worth almost 10k on the XUV. My RM was also telling me I might just be the only one to get freebies with the XUV in the country which makes the whole thing sweeter.

I will definitely go for the 3d Kagu mats once am back from my trip. With the rains I dont mind the rubber mats taking the beating on the trip.

To make things even sweeter my RM is trying to get the registration done today so that I can have my XUV tomorrow or day-after .
redsfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 10:41   #3577
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Guys. Yes, I know I am very lucky to get freebies worth almost 10k on the XUV. My RM was also telling me I might just be the only one to get freebies with the XUV in the country which makes the whole thing sweeter.

I will definitely go for the 3d Kagu mats once am back from my trip. With the rains I dont mind the rubber mats taking the beating on the trip.

To make things even sweeter my RM is trying to get the registration done today so that I can have my XUV tomorrow or day-after .

Freebies on XUV unheard of ! Why & How come?

RM may be right to say that. Pls elaborate
Vasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 11:19   #3578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx

Please do your PDI before registration.
anandtheleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 11:51   #3579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Please do your PDI before registration.
Yes I have asked them for the PDI prior to registration.

I was given freebies as the owner of the dealership is a friend and he personally put in a word.

Is there any kind of break-in period for the XUV? If so what are the speeds and the respective driving behaviour to be maintained on a long trip? And also when is the first service? If its 1000 or 2000 kms then my XUV might just be the fastest to that mark.
redsfx is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 12:00   #3580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx

Yes I have asked them for the PDI prior to registration.

I was given freebies as the owner of the dealership is a friend and he personally put in a word.

Is there any kind of break-in period for the XUV? If so what are the speeds and the respective driving behaviour to be maintained on a long trip? And also when is the first service? If its 1000 or 2000 kms then my XUV might just be the fastest to that mark.
Thats good to know. Try not to exceed 2500 RPM in the first 1000 kms. First service is 3 months/5000 kms whichever is earlier.
anandtheleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 13:41   #3581
BHPian

Hey Guys, if anyone looking 2nd hand XUV in bangalore please let me know my price is 14.65L (W8 FWD) Classifieds updated already.
Tushargohil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 16:48   #3582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Hey Guys, if anyone looking 2nd hand XUV in bangalore please let me know my price is 14.65L (W8 FWD) Classifieds updated already.
Any mechanical or technical reason as to why you are selling your XUV?
_raVan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 16:56   #3583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Any mechanical or technical reason as to why you are selling your XUV?
None buddy, i need fund so that i can do cash deal with builder.
Tushargohil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 17:37   #3584
BHPian

I started looking for pre owned XUV offlate and I see the XUV thread going same way.

I was looking in MH. Anyone has ideas about resale?
I would be back on land by 15th next month and want to finish RESEARCH part from ship.

Have also put in similar querry in used car price thread.
sindabad.sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2012, 00:20   #3585
BHPian

Hey guys my XUV will be delivered to me within one week now! but no RM has been assigned to me yet! whats the normal practice like.. RM's are assigned at the time of delivery or before that? I was told by my ex-SA that RM will be assigned at the time of delivery..

also I ave not opted for ant matts from the company because I was thinking of buying the 3D kagu matts.. but are they durable? specially the driver side as that one will be the most abused of all.
magikrider is offline   Reply With Quote