Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2012, 19:10   #3751
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Keeps changing.
Posts: 40
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Hi. Just got my VIN number for the dealer (and should be getting my Silver W8 by this weekend !). I have a small doubt in decoding the month of manufacture from the VIN number. %C6K% would mean a 2012 (C) and Nov (K being 11th alphabet). However, came across some sites and blogs which say that the letter "I" is not used to denote any month and going by that, K could very well be the 10th month (Oct) - which will start worrying me now.
Any insight would be really helpful...Thanks!
rakesh_raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 19:14   #3752
Team-BHP Support
 
Zappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 5,612
Thanked: 1,958 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_raja View Post
Hi. Just got my VIN number for the dealer (and should be getting my Silver W8 by this weekend !). I have a small doubt in decoding the month of manufacture from the VIN number. %C6K% would mean a 2012 (C) and Nov (K being 11th alphabet). However, came across some sites and blogs which say that the letter "I" is not used to denote any month and going by that, K could very well be the 10th month (Oct) - which will start worrying me now.
Any insight would be really helpful...Thanks!
And even if that is true why should it worry you? You are in mid-Nov. Anything manufactured in the end-oct phase may still be arriving at many dealerships. I don't get your point of worry at all!
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 19:30   #3753
BHPian
 
avimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 210
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo

And even if that is true why should it worry you? You are in mid-Nov. Anything manufactured in the end-oct phase may still be arriving at many dealerships. I don't get your point of worry at all!
Yes "k" means Oct. Most likely deliveries in last week of November may get Nov. manufactured cars. This isn't a matter of worry.
avimal is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 20:15   #3754
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Keeps changing.
Posts: 40
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
And even if that is true why should it worry you? You are in mid-Nov. Anything manufactured in the end-oct phase may still be arriving at many dealerships. I don't get your point of worry at all!
The point is that I will be getting my delivery only by the weekend - which is already into the 4th week of November. I agree that it might after all be a non-issue in the long run, but just that, getting into the 3rd and 4th week, I was expecting a Nov manufactured vehicle.
Anyway, I have already stopped worrying and looking forward to getting my own XUV 500
rakesh_raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 21:27   #3755
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai/Medellin
Posts: 1,556
Thanked: 283 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
Not a bad thought waiting for 2013. Why was Duster a disappointment? I hope this won't be considered
but, I think I should answer this. In pictures the Duster looked bigger, in youtube videos nothing looked unconqurable for it. In metal however I found it to be missing the road presence I am used to (my Scorpio), and a noisy engine killed whetever thoughts remained.
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 21:37   #3756
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,387
Thanked: 6,109 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_raja
Hi. Just got my VIN number for the dealer (and should be getting my Silver W8 by this weekend !). I have a small doubt in decoding the month of manufacture from the VIN number. %C6K% would mean a 2012 (C) and Nov (K being 11th alphabet). However, came across some sites and blogs which say that the letter "I" is not used to denote any month and going by that, K could very well be the 10th month (Oct) - which will start worrying me now.
Any insight would be really helpful...Thanks!
Cars usually take 2-3 weeks in transit. Add to it some delays in dispatching it from the factory. You should be happy that its almost fresh out of the oven. :-)
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2012, 09:31   #3757
BHPian
 
Heavy Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 266
Thanked: 273 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Interesting article in the Eco Times. Mentions that M&M is banking on a strategy for growth based on the UV segment led by XUV 500, Rexton and Quanto. This segment for M&M has grown a whopping 61% this year compared to a measly 3% for passenger cars.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/17316735.cms
Heavy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2012, 13:52   #3758
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 40
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

For guys looking to buy XUV500 in Mumbai - please ensure you negotiate your insurance amount well. For W6, the insurance amount that was quoted by the dealer was 45K. However after negotiating, they agreed to give a 25% discount. That is 34K. Straight reduction of 11K.

However I went for online insurance from Bajaj through Berkshire site. They gave a quote of 35K plus there was an additional discount of 17% though Snapdeal coupoun. So I ended up paying only 29K against dealers initial quote of 45K.
tictactoe is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2012, 14:24   #3759
BHPian
 
Heavy Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 266
Thanked: 273 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tictactoe View Post
For guys looking to buy XUV500 in Mumbai - please ensure you negotiate your insurance amount well. For W6, the insurance amount that was quoted by the dealer was 45K. However after negotiating, they agreed to give a 25% discount. That is 34K. Straight reduction of 11K.

However I went for online insurance from Bajaj through Berkshire site. They gave a quote of 35K plus there was an additional discount of 17% though Snapdeal coupoun. So I ended up paying only 29K against dealers initial quote of 45K.
Thanks Tictactoe. I too checked out with my insurance agent and he has quoted Rs32K from Reliance against 48K quoted by NBS Intl. For the Berkshire Insurance, how did you obtain the Snapdeal coupon? Through an earlier transaction?
Heavy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2012, 15:56   #3760
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 40
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
Thanks Tictactoe. I too checked out with my insurance agent and he has quoted Rs32K from Reliance against 48K quoted by NBS Intl. For the Berkshire Insurance, how did you obtain the Snapdeal coupon? Through an earlier transaction?
The customer service lady emailed me the link. It was an ongoing offer. Should on right now too. See the link below. Best is you should talk to the customer care. Also, ensure that you provide the correct ex-showroom price. The price generated / stored in the system is on the higher sider.

https://www.berkshireinsurance.com/m...-and-discounts
tictactoe is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2012, 18:02   #3761
Team-BHP Support
 
Zappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 5,612
Thanked: 1,958 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Do not worry... get a genuine Insurance guy. The quote should any how be close to 28k to 29k with all possible discounts applied. In fact, I got mine for around 22k (21+) after transferring the NCB also on top of that.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2012, 20:00   #3762
BHPian
 
vvb8530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bombay
Posts: 201
Thanked: 284 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Mahindra to launch a new colour for the XUV.

Not sure if this has been put up and discussed before but got this pic from a source at Mahindra's Chakan facility.

I cannot decide whether i like this colour or dislike it.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by vvb8530 : 22nd November 2012 at 20:06. Reason: After thought
vvb8530 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2012, 21:08   #3763
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 236
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Got news that my XUV w8 FWD will be delivered last week of November. The dealer is quoting around 52K for the insurance.

I am trying to get quotes from external providers. Wanted to check the IDV that the w8-fwd is insured for based on real owners.

I got one quote with IDV = basic price + tax. I got another quote for just the basic price.

All of them are cheaper than the dealer quote and are bumper to bumper cover. HDFC is quoting 34K and bajaj allianz is quoting about 45K.

Please provide inputs so that I can decide which way to go.
ash_blore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2012, 22:00   #3764
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 40
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

IDV should be your ex-showroom price.
tictactoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2012, 22:16   #3765
Team-BHP Support
 
Zappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 5,612
Thanked: 1,958 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Mahindra to launch a new colour for the XUV.

Not sure if this has been put up and discussed before but got this pic from a source at Mahindra's Chakan facility.

I cannot decide whether i like this colour or dislike it.
This is a very strange choice for a car of this size in my opinion. Only place it may fit in is in the Air Forces may be since they look out for this color. By the way, very recently M&M added XUV availability for the CSD canteens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tictactoe View Post
IDV should be your ex-showroom price.
Actually it is 10% or so less than the IDV. They directly start off with the depreciation. Anytime in the year if they need to fully settle the car cost thats what they will pay out and not the price of the new car.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra XUV500 vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme vs Renault Duster vs Tata Aria a4anurag SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 116 10th May 2017 15:34
Received a copy of the Coffee Table book on the Mahindra XUV500 from Mahindra Corp. shankar.balan Shifting gears 3 2nd April 2012 16:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks