Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 22nd August 2013, 09:56   #4741
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv View Post
Any idea from which month this change is implemented ? I have booked one last week and hope I will be getting the improved version
I would rather suggest you insist on the improved one. Cancel the booking and do it again if you have to. These are not small changes or niggle fixes that can be glossed over, if you go by the article.

On a related note, it seems the predictions of BHPians have indeed come true. Many had suggested that just wait for an year or so, Mahindra will come up with an XUV version 2.0
avisidhu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 23:54   #4742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Guys, did anyone of you ever had to leave his XUV un-used for at-least 9 days? If so, did you faced any issue when you re-started the engine?
I left my car unused from 8-12 days many times. No issue till now, starts flawlessly every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Sterling.
However the best that I have seen in the NCR is Koncept.
Let me know if you need anything at Sterling, I have a few people there.
Thanks for suggesting. Went to Sterling. Good experience overall. Will share details in my ownership thread soon.
superbhikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 09:32   #4743
BHPian

Does any one knows the on road price of XUV500 after the price cut recently in Bangalore ? I am looking for W6 model. It will be great if someone post the OTR before price cut and after price cut

Regards,
Gopi
shalini_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 15:21   #4744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g View Post
Does any one knows the on road price of XUV500 after the price cut recently in Bangalore ? I am looking for W6 model. It will be great if someone post the OTR before price cut and after price cut

Regards,
Gopi
The Price was 1527000/- (Before) and now its 1497000/-
tirthankard77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2013, 12:32   #4745
BHPian

I am indeed looking out for buying the XUV 5OO. Though the vehicle had certain niggles, one of my friend bought it recently and his review is just great!!! It seems M&M have really worked on with all the anomalies the vehicle was experiencing and has fine tuned it to do better. His ODO's are just touching 2k kms. I was planning of holding on to my passion for XUV 500 till 2013 end and planning of one by Jan 2014.
Any suggestions/advices are highly appreciated.
gopu.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2013, 15:37   #4746
BHPian

I am expecting my XUV to be delivered by this weekend and had some queries. Appreciate it if some of the existing owners could comment on the below

1. I am planning to get the footstep from outside vendor as there is 3000 Rs difference. Any caveats ?
2. What does it mean my "Front Glass Coating" ? Is it worth doing ?
3. Should I opt for "Corrosion maxi care" now itself ?
4. Has anyone done "Full floor PVC Mat" and how was the experience ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopu.g View Post
I am indeed looking out for buying the XUV 5OO. Though the vehicle had certain niggles, one of my friend bought it recently and his review is just great!!! It seems M&M have really worked on with all the anomalies the vehicle was experiencing and has fine tuned it to do better. His ODO's are just touching 2k kms. I was planning of holding on to my passion for XUV 500 till 2013 end and planning of one by Jan 2014.
Any suggestions/advices are highly appreciated.
I was sailing in the same boat and decided to take the plunge finally Will update you my experience once i have the cheetah in hand which is expected by this weekend

Last edited by Vid6639 : 27th August 2013 at 23:29. Reason: merging posts. Please use edit option if posting within 30mins. Thanks!
vinucv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2013, 17:44   #4747
BHPian

Quote:
I am expecting my XUV to be delivered by this weekend and had some queries. Appreciate it if some of the existing owners could comment on the below

1. I am planning to get the footstep from outside vendor as there is 3000 Rs difference. Any caveats ?
3. Should I opt for "Corrosion maxi care" now itself ?
4. Has anyone done "Full floor PVC Mat" and how was the experience ?

Thanks a lot in advance
Can't comment on the side steps. But, I'd be very wary of front glass coating. I presume this means the windshield, which has the rain sensors for the auto wipe feature embedded in it. I can tell you that the auto wipe feature is an extremely useful one and I would'nt like that to be compromised.
I've never done any corrosion care coating. Even without that my Honda City (over 5 years ownership) and other cars have never suffered from any corossion damage despite living 1 km from the sea and open car parking under heavy Mumbai monsoons.
No experience with Full floor PVC mat.
Heavy Horse is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2013, 21:27   #4748
BHPian

Quote:
One more thing that strikes me Vinu, is that how come this coating is being offered by an M&M dealer knowing fully well that the rain sensing sensor is located on the windshield AND if anything goes wrong the complete windshield has to be changed. See the attached pages from the Manual with the relevant text enclosed in black box.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-auto-wipe-1.png  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-auto-wipe-2.jpg  

Heavy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2013, 22:02   #4749
BHPian

It seems our babus are in no mood to give up. Recently XUV500 managed to escape SUV tax by tweaking the stone guard. But now authorities are planning to revise the measurement procedure. Quote from Autocar India, "However, the government has wisened up to how easily Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) has worked around the regulation and is planning to revise the ground clearance measurement procedure. While ground clearance will still be measured from the lowest point on the car, the revised methodology would require the vehicle to be measured unladen. "

Full details are available at source. If the proposal moves ahead, Mahindra can not tweak the vehicle further and the additional burden will be passed to the customer.
MaxTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 13:50   #4750
BHPian

Are the M&M planning of any upgrades on the interiors since the present XUV 5OO quality is not well laid. Its not just the engines and packed performance the crucial selling factors but the interior layouts are also supporting elements.
The reason this question is asked is since I am on the last lap of buying one of these. Now since there is only another 4 months to hit the year 2014, I was planning of holding back till the current year passes. And yes, I would want those upgrades to hit my machine when I buy one.
gopu.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 14:31   #4751
BHPian

My vehicle is going for servicing soon. Anybody gotten the new MMI as part of their standard servicing or do you have to ask for it explicitly?

Additionally, I am yet to see any after market headlight enclosure kits for the XUV. I am quite curious as to why there aren't none. I thought by now there'd be a flood of Q5 themed headlight clusters for the XUV (I would prefer better DRLs for the XUV anyways)!
reevester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 22:49   #4752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopu.g View Post
Are the M&M planning of any upgrades on the interiors since the present XUV 5OO quality is not well laid. Its not just the engines and packed performance the crucial selling factors but the interior layouts are also supporting elements.
The reason this question is asked is since I am on the last lap of buying one of these. Now since there is only another 4 months to hit the year 2014, I was planning of holding back till the current year passes. And yes, I would want those upgrades to hit my machine when I buy one.
Except for the recent so called improvements, there's nothing planned as of now, atleast till 2014. So go ahead and buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester View Post
My vehicle is going for servicing soon. Anybody gotten the new MMI as part of their standard servicing or do you have to ask for it explicitly?

Additionally, I am yet to see any after market headlight enclosure kits for the XUV. I am quite curious as to why there aren't none. I thought by now there'd be a flood of Q5 themed headlight clusters for the XUV (I would prefer better DRLs for the XUV anyways)!
You stole my words

Even i was wondering why there is no aftermarket headlight/taillights available like Cruze, verna etc. Is it because already current customers are fed up with constant electric failures that they dont want to invest on something that does not cover warranty.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2013, 06:09   #4753
Senior - BHPian

Had a short ride in a Colleagues few weeks old XUV, the vehicle felt awesome, the Owner was gushing with pride, he had just completed a trip to Goa and was going on and on about how flawlessly it performed, his previous ride was a Swift, he claims it does Bangalore-Mysore in 60% of the time taken by the Swift and is particularly impressed with the way traffic gives way to the XUV

I was impressed with the view, you can see the edges of the bonnet from the Drivers seat, his S4 seamlessly connected with the vehicle, overall, from the last trip I had in a Mahindra to this trip in another Mahindra, there is a huge generation leap
TheARUN is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 14:34   #4754
BHPian

My Cheetah has been delivered and the experience was really good. Just getting used to its features but overall it looks great. One thing I noticed was a slight noise when changing gears (i am not sure how to explain it) even though the shifting is very smooth. Clutch feels much softer than my Xylo
vinucv is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 17:17   #4755
BHPian

Congratulations Vinucv. Wish you a very smooth companionship of the Cheetah. Now we are looking forward the ownership thread.

Last edited by MaxTorque : 3rd September 2013 at 17:18.
MaxTorque is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote