Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2013, 07:57   #5326
Senior - BHPian
 
J.Ravi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,247
Thanked: 4,151 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
L- 12th month!!!
All the automobile manufacturers avoid the alphabet 'I' while naming their products, perhaps, to avoid confusion with the number 1. So, 'L' in VIN denotes November and 'D', 2013.
J.Ravi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2013, 07:58   #5327
BHPian
 
ViPo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Coorg/Bangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
It isn't November manufactured.
But don't worry, it will turn out better for you.

Because, if you decode the VIN, it will say that it is a December manufactured one.

That 'L' in D6L19995, denotes the number of the month of the year.
L- 12th month!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smahesh View Post
I had thought 'L' in the VIN would indicate a November make too. The VIN of the vehicle allotted to me also starts with D6L. The Find your car's (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)) thread states that L is month code for November.
Guys if I think 'L' represents the month of November. The one in your link is the VIN codes of Maruti and it differs from that of Mahindra. VIN number of my vehicle is D6K1xxx & it is an Oct 2013 manufactured one. I can confirm this since my Vehicle RC has Oct 2013 printed on it as the Mfgd date. I had done the vehicle registration myself and even the documents contained the same information.

The confusion could be because of the missing letter "I" in the list of Month codes for Mahindra vehicles. Someone had shared this info on this thread before.

MONTH Codes are follows

A= JAN
B= FEB
C= MAR
D= APR
E= MAY
F= JUNE
G= JULY
H= AUG
J= SEP
K= OCT
L= NOV
M= DEC*
ViPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2013, 09:14   #5328
BHPian
 
dhanushmenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: KL-2/KL-7/AP-31
Posts: 828
Thanked: 2,216 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by smahesh View Post
I had thought 'L' in the VIN would indicate a November make too. The VIN of the vehicle allotted to me also starts with D6L. The Find your car's (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)) thread states that L is month code for November.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
All the automobile manufacturers avoid the alphabet 'I' while naming their products, perhaps, to avoid confusion with the number 1. So, 'L' in VIN denotes November and 'D', 2013.
Thanks.
And sorry, my bad. I should've thought as much.
Mine is D6K; which percolates to an October manufactured vehicle.
dhanushmenon is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2013, 14:16   #5329
BHPian
 
ViPo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Coorg/Bangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny.ganju View Post

This rear guard is an official Mahindra accessory and was a part of the freebies i got from the dealer. And it doesn't interfere with parking sensors or reverse cam. I wanted minimal accessories but then a friend from the dealership recommended the rear guard.
Congratulations on owning the Cheetah/Hercules vinny.ganju . Just saw your post and you have mentioned the rear guard as a part of the freebies you got from the dealer. What other accessories did they offer you if I can ask?
ViPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2013, 18:04   #5330
Newbie
 
vinny.ganju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 17
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPo View Post
Congratulations on owning the Cheetah/Hercules vinny.ganju . Just saw your post and you have mentioned the rear guard as a part of the freebies you got from the dealer. What other accessories did they offer you if I can ask?

Thanks buddy! i went for the scuff plates, reverse cam and the rear guard. 50% discount offered on accessories.
vinny.ganju is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2013, 16:40   #5331
Senior - BHPian
 
TaureanBull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Indore
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 309 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPo View Post
Thanks me_sid. Please do let me know about your friend's experience with his reverse camera. I got it at a 50% discounted price of 3.5k The quoted price for the reverse camera was 7k.
Is the camera feed given to the infotainment system even for W6?

Can you post any pic of the camera output? Is it the OEM camera?
TaureanBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2013, 16:58   #5332
BHPian
 
ViPo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Coorg/Bangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post

Is the camera feed given to the infotainment system even for W6?

Can you post any pic of the camera output? Is it the OEM camera?
No TaureanBull, the camera cannot be integrated with the infotainment system as confirmed by mahindra. I have a video screen/mirror clamped on the IRVM.
ViPo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2013, 20:59   #5333
Senior - BHPian
 
TaureanBull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Indore
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 309 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPo View Post
No TaureanBull, the camera cannot be integrated with the infotainment system as confirmed by mahindra. I have a video screen/mirror clamped on the IRVM.
The cost of 3.5 K includes the screen/mirror? Is it the official accessory camera or off the shelf from outside market?

Any pics of your setup?

Last edited by TaureanBull : 19th December 2013 at 21:01.
TaureanBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 00:50   #5334
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 26
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by smahesh View Post
Hello All!
...
I then went over to Sireesh Auto again on 14th December and was shown a new list. An Artic Blue W8 was in transit and expected to reach in 5 days. I said I can wait and am in no hurry. So he booked it against my name. I am hoping that the vehicle I will now get is indeed the one allotted.
I got a call from the Experience Executive from Sireesh Auto on Wednesday saying that the Artic Blue vehicle that had been notionally allotted to me had arrived and he would get things ready for registration next week. I then got a call earlier today from the same Experience Executive saying that while moving the vehicle today in the yard the driver rammed it and that the rear fender is damaged. He then said I could go in for another Artic Blue that they have, but from the September 2013 batch. I said I am not interested and am quite willing to cancel the order. He said he will get back to me by Friday. Sireesh Auto has already taken Rs 40,000 for booking about 10 days back. Further the company I work for has released the Purchase Order earlier this week. So I am not sure they are obligated to continue the discounts they have offered on the Proforma Invoice if I don't take deliver of a vehicle this month. Joy is slowly turning to frustration.
smahesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 10:22   #5335
BHPian
 
ViPo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Coorg/Bangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
The cost of 3.5 K includes the screen/mirror? Is it the official accessory camera or off the shelf from outside market?

Any pics of your setup?
The cost of 3.5K is for the whole setup including screen/mirror and the installation. It is an accessory for the W6, listed on their standard list of accessories and is manufactured by Hilife.

Attached the accessories list from Anant cars, Bangalore. Couple of pictures of the setup as well. Sorry for the bad quality of pictures. Clicked them at my office parking lot in a hurry as i was running late due to early morning traffic.
Attached Images
 
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Accessories list.pdf (334.3 KB, 305 views)
ViPo is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 10:53   #5336
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,385
Thanked: 6,085 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by smahesh View Post
I got a call from the Experience Executive from Sireesh Auto on Wednesday saying that the Artic Blue vehicle that had been notionally allotted to me had arrived and he would get things ready for registration next week. I then got a call earlier today from the same Experience Executive saying that while moving the vehicle today in the yard the driver rammed it and that the rear fender is damaged....
Please tell him that you want to see the damaged car. Also please get the VIN and decode it and verify it on the car (if) they show. Usually the dealer will try to hide such things from the customer. I might as well think that he allotted the car to someone else and want to push another car to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smahesh View Post
... Sireesh Auto has already taken Rs 40,000 for booking about 10 days back. Further the company I work for has released the Purchase Order earlier this week. So I am not sure they are obligated to continue the discounts they have offered on the Proforma Invoice if I don't take deliver of a vehicle this month. Joy is slowly turning to frustration.
Get them to document that it was their mistake and they will honor the discounts when they give the next car. In case they are NOT willing to do, tell them you will post this incident on XUV 500 FB page / tweet to Anand Mahindra / Pawan Goenka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPo View Post
....Attached the accessories list from Anant cars, Bangalore. Couple of pictures of the setup as well. Sorry for the bad quality of pictures. Clicked them at my office parking lot in a hurry as i was running late due to early morning traffic.
So I guess the day/night function of the IRVM is no longer functional?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th December 2013 at 11:10.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 14:02   #5337
BHPian
 
ViPo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Coorg/Bangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So I guess the day/night function of the IRVM is no longer functional?
The D/N function is no longer functional swiftnfurious. As a matter of fact, the IRVM is no longer functional. I've mentioned this on post #5311 on this thead. It vibrates a lot while driving making it unusable.

Have read about a solution for this problem somewhere on the forum, i.e using foam padding to absorb vibration. Some DIY activity for the weekend. I hope it works.
ViPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 20:32   #5338
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 26
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Please tell him that you want to see the damaged car. Also please get the VIN and decode it and verify it on the car (if) they show.

Get them to document that it was their mistake and they will honor the discounts when they give the next car. In case they are NOT willing to do, tell them you will post this incident on XUV 500 FB page / tweet to Anand Mahindra / Pawan Goenka.
Thank you for your reply and suggestions. I tried calling the Sireesh Experience Executive and sent him multiple text messages, but have been quite unsuccessful in getting a response. I am now planning on going over to their Hosur Road Showroom and ask for details. I am just wondering if it is too early to post to the FB page or to tweet to the Mahindra Management. Disappointment is slowly creeping in.
smahesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2013, 15:17   #5339
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 995
Thanked: 1,008 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by smahesh View Post
Thank you for your reply and suggestions. I tried calling the Sireesh Experience Executive and sent him multiple text messages, but have been quite unsuccessful in getting a response. I am now planning on going over to their Hosur Road Showroom and ask for details. I am just wondering if it is too early to post to the FB page or to tweet to the Mahindra Management. Disappointment is slowly creeping in.
Hi smahesh,

What is the latest update on your booking? I would suggest you cancel your booking at Sireesh and visit Anant Cars which would be a best bet in terms of pre-sales and after service. Even though I have not personally interacted with the showroom guys, I have friends who had the best experience across all Mahindra showrooms in bangalore.

Also IMO offers will be available as it is across Mahindra dealers.
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2013, 20:35   #5340
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 26
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
What is the latest update on your booking? I would suggest you cancel your booking at Sireesh and visit Anant Cars which would be a best bet in terms of pre-sales and after service.
Thanks for asking fusionbang!

I visited the Showroom on Saturday morning. I was told that the vehicle was on its way in a truck and stuck in Nelamangala. I called today and was told that the vehicle had arrived and the dealership was doing PDI. They expect to raise the commercial invoice and forward it to the company I work for to get the insurance done.
I am afraid that if I cancel the order,
  • I will find it difficult to get the Rs.40,000/- paid as advance
  • Will run out of time to get the offers valid for December, 2013
The company normally takes about 2 days to get the insurance done. So it may not be before Thursday or Friday that the insurance is going to come through. Then another day or so for registration. I am hoping to get the XUV500 by 30th or 31st.
smahesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra XUV500 vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme vs Renault Duster vs Tata Aria a4anurag SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 116 10th May 2017 15:34
Received a copy of the Coffee Table book on the Mahindra XUV500 from Mahindra Corp. shankar.balan Shifting gears 3 2nd April 2012 16:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks