Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 20th October 2011, 16:15   #541
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by goarules View Post
I am one of the large number of folks waiting for the bookings to re-open and its interesting to see White and Black as the most preferred colors being discussed on the forum with Silver being a close third. Having visited the Mahindra showroom a couple of times, I feel Dolphin Grey looks awesome on the XUV ....anyone agree?

Is there any news on the booking front? I have been calling the dealers every single day and they have absolutely no clue yet!
Well in my opinion all colors, be it Purple, Grey or Green, look excellent on the XUV. The only reason I booked white is cause it comes (other than the black) with the beige interiors .

BTW: Just got a call from Mahindra Chennai, according to them my XUV should be delivered by 30th January 2012. No written communication till now.

Last edited by Joyb : 20th October 2011 at 16:36. Reason: updating delivery schdule
Joyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 16:22   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Final Guys.. My New XUV 5OO will look like this...
well done Tushar: You got the best color believe me! Green does look good but one scratch in the crazy Bangalore traffic and you will rue the day you bought it! Silver is relatively scratch proof, and it does look commanding. enjoy!
Infiniti.Rahul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 16:43   #543
Senior - BHPian

Full road test -

Mahindra XUV500 road test | DWS Auto India

Video Review -

Mahindra XUV500 video review and road test | DWS Auto India

Scorpio v/s XUV500 -

Mahndra XUV500 vs Scorpio comparison of price, specifications, offroading ability and space, features | DWS Auto India

7 reasons to buy XUV500 -

7 reasons why the Mahindra XUV 500 will be a tough competitor for premium SUVs | DWS Auto India

XUV500 v/s Fortuner -

http://www.dwsauto.com/can-mahindra-...for-its-money/

Why is the XUV500 VFM?

http://www.dwsauto.com/why-the-mahin...lue-for-money/

Last edited by raj_5004 : 20th October 2011 at 17:00.
raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 17:49   #544
BHPian

Quote:
I am one of the large number of folks waiting for the bookings to re-open and its interesting to see White and Black as the most preferred colors being discussed on the forum with Silver being a close third. Having visited the Mahindra showroom a couple of times, I feel Dolphin Grey looks awesome on the XUV ....anyone agree?

Is there any news on the booking front? I have been calling the dealers every single day and they have absolutely no clue yet!

especially after knowing that they dont have a W8 AWD in Silver

Both Grey and Green has a good appeal in my opinion. Me too waiting for the bookings to re-open.
Jo-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 17:53   #545
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Full road test -

Video Review -

Scorpio v/s XUV500 -

7 reasons to buy XUV500 -

XUV500 v/s Fortuner -

Why is the XUV500 VFM?
To me, the entire write up is more like a paid advertisement for the XUV than an honest review.
MAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 17:58   #546
BHPian

Yea Dolphin Grey looks cool. I booked mine on 3rd W8
rohitbagai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 19:31   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
Hey Nitin, I am delighted that the Mahindra has outperformed on the delivery date... however completely taken aback at the change/confusion in the variant (from AWD to W8 FWD).
Hope you get the correct variant & an earlier delivery!
See i told you, Mahindra is playing a game by telling people weird dates and then surprising them with early delivery.

Reason: It happened to me today. Got a call from Koncept motors. The lady on the phone was so smart, she asked me:

Lady: Sir did you get any delivery dates from Mahindra?
Me: Yes i got a call and link stating that the delivery will happen on 17th Dec.
Lady: OK
Me: But she also said that you might get it early.
Lady: Yes sir, that's right. That is the reason i am calling you today.
Me: Why what happened?
Lady: Sir now you would be getting the delivery on 16th Nov and this is the confirmed date.
Me: WHAT?
Lady: what happen sir, you are getting the car sooner.
Me: Yah i know but i was in the impression that the delivery will happen in December and till that time i can plan for its parking as my house is getting re-constructed rightnow. Is there a way i can give my booking to the next person in que and take the delivery later on?
Lady: No sir, we can't do that as this car is under your name only. Max we can do is hold the car for a weeks time and not more than that.
ME:

So as i said before, Mahindra is playing this game and i am sure most of the people will love it when out of the blue they will get a call saying that car will be delivered sooner than what was told. But in my case, it was a sad story.
So all you guys getting the dates in 2012 etc, don't loose heart cause i am sure you guys will get it sooner so that you enjoy your newyear in new car.
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 20:04   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
See i told you, Mahindra is playing a game by telling people weird dates and then surprising them with early delivery.

Reason: It happened to me today. Got a call from Koncept motors. The lady on the phone was so smart, she asked me:

Lady: Sir did you get any delivery dates from Mahindra?
Me: Yes i got a call and link stating that the delivery will happen on 17th Dec.
Lady: OK
Me: But she also said that you might get it early.
Lady: Yes sir, that's right. That is the reason i am calling you today.
Me: Why what happened?
Lady: Sir now you would be getting the delivery on 16th Nov and this is the confirmed date.
Me: WHAT?
Lady: what happen sir, you are getting the car sooner.
Me: Yah i know but i was in the impression that the delivery will happen in December and till that time i can plan for its parking as my house is getting re-constructed rightnow. Is there a way i can give my booking to the next person in que and take the delivery later on?
Lady: No sir, we can't do that as this car is under your name only. Max we can do is hold the car for a weeks time and not more than that.
ME:

So as i said before, Mahindra is playing this game and i am sure most of the people will love it when out of the blue they will get a call saying that car will be delivered sooner than what was told. But in my case, it was a sad story.
So all you guys getting the dates in 2012 etc, don't loose heart cause i am sure you guys will get it sooner so that you enjoy your newyear in new car.
Nitin bro: when did you book your XUV? Asking because I booked it on 8(h- a day prior to booking closure and I don't want any delivery before New Year- don't have the money :(
Infiniti.Rahul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 20:18   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
Nitin bro: when did you book your XUV? Asking because I booked it on 8(h- a day prior to booking closure and I don't want any delivery before New Year- don't have the money :(
Then bro you might have to cancel the booking cause i am sure they will give the delivery max in December if you booked on 8th. I did it on 1st oct and was told 17 dec but now its 16 Nov confirmed. I thought i was the only person who didn't want early delivery

By the way whats your current delivery date?
Old 20th October 2011, 20:29   #550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Having visited the Mahindra showroom a couple of times, I feel Dolphin Grey looks awesome on the XUV ....anyone agree?
Black & Grey hides the "whiskers" or the strips on the bumpers to a great extent and give a very sedate look without the quirkiness. In other colors, the black plastic grills standout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
I doubt this is a game as such. Guess they have put some good process in place to aid faster delivery. It could be that they have sped up the production numbers of the colors which has the max demand. Or they have increased or plan to increase the capacity than they decided on earlier. This car looks like upsetting the budget of a lot of people who hoped a later delivery because of financial constraints!

Initially they upset people with the long delivery dates and now by committing early delivery than expected dates. Mysterious car to say the least !!

Edit:: I am not teasing you guys, but I myself was in this situation when I booked my Swift & they offered one on transit, same variant but a different color. I declined because of financial constraints, but told them I wasn't interested in that color.

@nitinralli, @Infiniti.Rahul, Why don't you guys call up M&M call centre directly and tell them when do you actually want delivery and state reasons as the parking constraints / want new year delivery ?? It might work if you call them up directly, the SEs or RMs may not be able to do anything on this front. They may be able to manually change the delivery times in the SAP system.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th October 2011 at 20:36.
swiftnfurious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 20:56   #551
Senior - BHPian

Check this out :

Mahindra's new SUV clocks 200 bookings in South Africa - The Economic Times

XUV received 200 bookings in South Africa in a span of 20 days.

Quote:
The vehicle is priced between ZAR 2,39,900 (about Rs 14.79 lakh) and ZAR 2,94,900 (about Rs 18.18 lakh) in South Africa.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 20:57   #552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I doubt this is a game as such. Guess they have put some good process in place to aid faster delivery. It could be that they have sped up the production numbers of the colors which has the max demand. Or they have increased or plan to increase the capacity than they decided on earlier. This car looks like upsetting the budget of a lot of people who hoped a later delivery because of financial constraints!

Initially they upset people with the long delivery dates and now by committing early delivery than expected dates. Mysterious car to say the least !!

Edit:: I am not teasing you guys, but I myself was in this situation when I booked my Swift & they offered one on transit, same variant but a different color. I declined because of financial constraints, but told them I wasn't interested in that color.

@nitinralli, @Infiniti.Rahul, Why don't you guys call up M&M call centre directly and tell them when do you actually want delivery and state reasons as the parking constraints / want new year delivery ?? It might work if you call them up directly, the SEs or RMs may not be able to do anything on this front. They may be able to manually change the delivery times in the SAP system.
I know bro you are not teasing us, its Mahindra who is doing that
Well yes you have a point that we should call mahindra directly and see if anything can be done. As it is their link is not working anymore from few days now and i many people are facing the same issue with the link. So i guess they might be able to change the date. Will do that this weekend and will update the status. Thanks for the advice.
Old 20th October 2011, 22:17   #553
BHPian

Got a tentative delivery date of 5 Jan for white fwd booked on 4 oct.
nipun dhingra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 22:46   #554
BHPian

Talking Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Deposited Rs. 10,000/- on 2nd October and asked the sales person to make sure that I get 2012 model only.

Got the confirmation that my car is booked on 6th October, Moonlight Silver-W6. Deposited remaining 40K yesterday. Today got the confirmation that my car will be delivered on 19th January 2012.
Joy73US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 23:19   #555
BHPian

Guys I like many other Bhpians out here, am also anxiously waiting for the bookings to re-open. so any info on that would be really appreciated.

also one very very important thing is choosing the right colour. because at present I am very confused about the colour which again I am sure must be the case with many Bhpians as well.

So it would be really great if someone can post pictures of all the colours of XUV 500. because we usually don't get to see all the colours at any one showroom. and seeing them all together at one place would be a great thing. so front and side profile pics of all the colours would be of great help to anyone trying to make a decision on the colour. and I am saying this because colours in real life look much different from the ones shown on their website, which is just animation and no where close to the actual shade.

so anyone who can do this... would be great. mods any help here?

P.S. - I presonally am confused between Grey, Green and White. and I think the beige/Brown interiors also look more airy and give you the sense of more spaciousness compared to the Black/Plum interiors. but they are available only on white. again more confusion!

Last edited by magikrider : 20th October 2011 at 23:27.
magikrider is offline   Reply With Quote