Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2014, 10:09   #6076
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Noida
Posts: 100
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Any fast or DIY route? Or that I would have to visit the service centre?

I would not be able to visit at least for one week.
I had the same issue with my Santro's passenger door, which required changing of Actuator by the service center.
Not aware about any DIY to fix it. Perhaps it will be fixed under warranty for you by service center?

Thanks.

Last edited by vaasu : 22nd May 2014 at 10:10.
vaasu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2014, 13:48   #6077
BHPian
 
Heavy Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 267
Thanked: 273 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post

I know some may not like it as is probably a bit overdone, but I was completely drooling over the pictures.

Looks awesome IMO.
Sisu nice one. I am in complete agreement. Just love it. Has about a 1000 litres of testosterone
Heavy Horse is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2014, 21:46   #6078
Senior - BHPian
 
sandeepmohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wellington
Posts: 1,863
Thanked: 1,434 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

I have seen this car on wheeler road extension. Makes a really loud hissing noise when the driver goes all the way down on the throttle. Not sure what that noise is or where its coming from.
sandeepmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2014, 21:55   #6079
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,261
Thanked: 18,672 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I have seen this car on wheeler road extension. Makes a really loud hissing noise when the driver goes all the way down on the throttle. Not sure what that noise is or where its coming from.
Hahahaha. That's called a "Turbo" Whistle. It's actually a real whistle bolted on the exhaust pipe tip. So if you rev the engine, the whistle gets louder.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 16:41   #6080
BHPian
 
gurudutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 350
Thanked: 116 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Hi Folks,

Came across this mad XUV on Facebook!

I know some may not like it as is probably a bit overdone, but I was completely drooling over the pictures.

Looks awesome IMO.

Check it out.

Cheerzzz
Bit overdone is an understatement, looks like this XIV has some additional functionality of a fork lift or something. What is that thing hanging at the back right corner? Wacky i must say.
gurudutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 21:30   #6081
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,660
Thanked: 7,505 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Absolutely preposterous!
An unnecessary overkill of an already overdone exterior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
Sisu nice one. I am in complete agreement. Just love it. Has about a 1000 litres of testosterone
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Bit overdone is an understatement, looks like this XIV has some additional functionality of a fork lift or something. What is that thing hanging at the back right corner? Wacky i must say.
Checkout the interiors as well:
Name:  xuv 10155007_743419165705417_861365775214576887_n.jpg
Views: 2921
Size:  56.6 KB

Name:  xuv 10322687_743419189038748_3270814611698670118_n.jpg
Views: 2759
Size:  45.5 KB

How many screens, can you count?
How about dials?

Source: FB
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 21:50   #6082
BHPian
 
fundagenie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 448
Thanked: 392 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Hi Folks,

Came across this mad XUV on Facebook!

I know some may not like it as is probably a bit overdone, but I was completely drooling over the pictures.

Looks awesome IMO.

Check it out.

Cheerzzz
WOOOOOOOW.... this is one of the best mods I have seen recently. Though a little over done, I am totally loving it. Really rough and tough.... Nothing... just nothing would dare to stand against this beast. Seeing this makes all our rides so tame and well mannered ones...

FundaG
fundagenie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 22:06   #6083
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,660
Thanked: 7,505 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
... Really rough and tough....
FundaG
I don't see any attempt to raise the GC of the vehicle. If at all, the side-steps, the winch, the extra set of lights mounted really low on the bumper would mean the ground clearance would be lesser than the stock vehicle. So I don't see how this vehicle can off-road, which would make all the fork-lift, snorkel, winch etc pretty pointless. Most of the mods are purely cosmetic and not functional.

BUT, to each his own. So I am refraining from passing any judgement about the vehicle or the owner. Finally its his money and taste. He can do whatever he wants with his vehicle.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 22:21   #6084
Senior - BHPian
 
TaureanBull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Indore
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 309 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Checkout the interiors as well:
Attachment 1244560
Wow! Thats an amazing addition to the already loaded car. Enough to confuse too. I am particularly interested in the gear knob. It looks swanky and appears to be a grade higher than the OEM gear knob!
TaureanBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 23:33   #6085
BHPian
 
fundagenie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 448
Thanked: 392 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Wow! Thats an amazing addition to the already loaded car. Enough to confuse too. I am particularly interested in the gear knob. It looks swanky and appears to be a grade higher than the OEM gear knob!

XUV's dash as such as has enough buttons to confuse you at times. What to press, where to press.. And this one would need at least a couple of passengers in addition to the driver to be checking out all the gauges, screens and what not. End of the day driver should have his eyes on the road too, right... Also with the OEM IS screen shifted down in front of the gear shift, I feel it might be a challenge to use it. Again it could be because of the angle of the photo. Anyway both exteriors and interiors appears to be executed with good amout of perfection.... good job...

FundaG
fundagenie is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 00:30   #6086
BHPian
 
djpeesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 597
Thanked: 731 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Checkout the interiors as well:
Attachment 1244560

Attachment 1244561

How many screens, can you count?
How about dials?

Source: FB
Pardon my ignorance but what is the point of all those screens and dials? I have never ever seen a car with so many screens and dials. And I can't quite figure out what each does
djpeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 12:14   #6087
BHPian
 
gurudutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 350
Thanked: 116 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Checkout the interiors as well:

How many screens, can you count?
How about dials?

Source: FB
This guy has been able to successfully play around with the ICE. AFAIK, people suggested its challenging even to install a touch screen system. BTW, if the screen is changed, what happens to the additional data like alerts, AC mode, auto head lamp, auto wiper etc? I guess the aftermarket screen would only display audio/video/gps data.
gurudutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 13:35   #6088
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,660
Thanked: 7,505 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Pardon my ignorance but what is the point of all those screens and dials? I have never ever seen a car with so many screens and dials. And I can't quite figure out what each does
Precisely the point djpeesh! All this overdose of gadgetry is pretty pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
This guy has been able to successfully play around with the ICE. AFAIK, people suggested its challenging even to install a touch screen system. BTW, if the screen is changed, what happens to the additional data like alerts, AC mode, auto head lamp, auto wiper etc? I guess the aftermarket screen would only display audio/video/gps data.
If you look closely, you will find that the stock touchscreen has been moved down in the center console, where you have the flap for USB connection in the stock setup. So all the digital inputs still have a display.

I really dont know what the new additional displays are for. May be for more elaborate UI for the music player or a dedicated screen for navigation.

Last edited by SDP : 28th May 2014 at 13:37.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 19:16   #6089
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,217
Thanked: 539 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I really dont know what the new additional displays are for. May be for more elaborate UI for the music player or a dedicated screen for navigation.
The big screen in front where the original screen was is a pioneer touchscreen for videos and stuff. He even have 2 capacitors added right next to front passenger on the right hand side so he must be having big woofers and stuff for sure.

This car looks like a walking time bomb, any time any short circuit and boom
nitinralli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2014, 08:07   #6090
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 85
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
The big screen in front where the original screen was is a pioneer touchscreen for videos and stuff. He even have 2 capacitors added right next to front passenger on the right hand side so he must be having big woofers and stuff for sure.



This car looks like a walking time bomb, any time any short circuit and boom


Someone infatuated with an aircraft cockpit and lots of money..
spkingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra XUV500 vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme vs Renault Duster vs Tata Aria a4anurag SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 116 10th May 2017 15:34
Received a copy of the Coffee Table book on the Mahindra XUV500 from Mahindra Corp. shankar.balan Shifting gears 3 2nd April 2012 16:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks