Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2014, 18:10   #6271
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 996
Thanked: 1,008 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
I know about this arrangement and this is how it works - You sell your car to U-trust, Anant furnishes a document telling that they took the car and sold it to U-trust and claim the exchange bonus from Mahindra. If Mahindra used car department is convinced, they will release the bonus, but if they find out that it was a direct sale to U-trust (ie; if Anant is not able to produce enough proof) the claim is rejected. My case was a bit different; I sold my car to U-trust and within one day, the car got sold to another person (talk about high demand for a low mileage Santro) and Anant was not able to take the chassis number pencil sketch.
Do you mean to say you were eligible for the exchange bonus even after selling your car at U-Trust?

Since I am planning to exchange my car as well, I would be surely chosing the person who will give me a better price.
fusionbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2014, 18:20   #6272
BHPian
 
A350XWB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BLR/FRA/STR
Posts: 765
Thanked: 476 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Do you mean to say you were eligible for the exchange bonus even after selling your car at U-Trust?
Since I am planning to exchange my car as well, I would be surely chosing the person who will give me a better price.
Yes, you will be able to get the exchange bonus even if you sell your car to U-trust. But make sure that you have the agreement with the Sales Executive. If you need further information regarding this, send me a PM. I am happy to help.
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2014, 18:52   #6273
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 996
Thanked: 1,008 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Yes, you will be able to get the exchange bonus even if you sell your car to U-trust. But make sure that you have the agreement with the Sales Executive. If you need further information regarding this, send me a PM. I am happy to help.
Thank you so much Surely will get in touch with you.

Also I will talk to the sales executive keeping this point in mind. Probably I will compare both the offerings and then discusss with the sales executive and make the decision.
fusionbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2014, 23:47   #6274
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bangalore, guda
Posts: 206
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
My case was a bit different; I sold my car to U-trust and within one day, the car got sold to another person (talk about high demand for a low mileage Santro) and Anant was not able to take the chassis number pencil sketch.
Utrust or for that matter, First choice, always try to buy a vehicle when they have a buyer to keep their finances rolling. I have given 6 cars to Utrust and all times, they had a ready buyer while starting the negotiations with me
Best regards
Bala
balan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2014, 09:25   #6275
BHPian
 
A350XWB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BLR/FRA/STR
Posts: 765
Thanked: 476 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
Utrust or for that matter, First choice, always try to buy a vehicle when they have a buyer to keep their finances rolling.
Or models which they know, will not stay on their floor for long. That is the reason why popular models like Santro, Wagon R etc are hot commodities in used car markets. My friend exchanged his Accent during the same time period and the response was lukewarm.
Anyway, Mahindra dealerships have tie up with many used car dealerships and they are able to get you the exchange bonus in most of the cases. So make sure that you have an agreement with the Sales Executive, before signing the deal.
A350XWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2014, 22:31   #6276
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 996
Thanked: 1,008 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Or models which they know, will not stay on their floor for long. That is the reason why popular models like Santro, Wagon R etc are hot commodities in used car markets. My friend exchanged his Accent during the same time period and the response was lukewarm.
Anyway, Mahindra dealerships have tie up with many used car dealerships and they are able to get you the exchange bonus in most of the cases. So make sure that you have an agreement with the Sales Executive, before signing the deal.
I had been to check out the XUV in Anant Cars, Mysore Road as well as Indian Garage, Palace Cross. I was quoted 2.35l for my 2010 Santro Xing at India Garage and 2l at Anant cars. And when I enquired about the U-trust they said they do not have tie up with them and hence no exchange bonus.

Unfortunately could not test drive in both the showrooms for couple of reasons, first being the test drive was not available at Anant Cars and second being it was raining and traffic was piled up near India Garage.

Here are the quotes given to me for XUV5OO W8:

Anant Cars: 16,70,141 OTR, 56,708/- Discount. After Discount - 16,13,433/-

India Garage: 16,93,490 OTR, 80,057/-Discount . After Discount - 16,13,433/-

The discounts include insurance wave off, corporate bonus of 10K, exchange bonus of 15K.

After 2 hours of long discussion with my friend, I have changed my mind for a W6 model since I will be saving an amount of approx 2.4lacs which is a big amount for me and due to some reasons I am not able to stretch my budget as well. Also I can compromise with a color screen infotainment display, HHC, HDC and ESP and side curtain airbags. So basically I would be losing out the above features which I might not use or encounter a situation to use them. And for alloys I am planning to get it from Mahindra for W6.

I am feeling bad that I will not be able to pick the best or my fav color (Opulent purple), instead will go with either Tuscan Red or Moondust Silver on W6.

Hope I am taking the right decision, and will keep you guys updated.
fusionbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2014, 00:35   #6277
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 28
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Taken delivery of my XUV5OO W6 Moondust silver from India Garage Chennai last week. Overall delivery experience was very nice. As it was an auspicious day we had a get together at my native and had to rush back to chennai by late evening 8 PM to take delivery from dealer at night 10. There were 15 XUV deliveries that day and three happened along with ours at ten.
Looking forward for a great ownership experience. Thanks to everyone here and a special thanks to Ravi sir for his encouraging words.
Sree_hari82 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2014, 07:55   #6278
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bangalore, guda
Posts: 206
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Here are the quotes given to me for XUV5OO W8:

Anant Cars: 16,70,141 OTR, 56,708/- Discount. After Discount - 16,13,433/-

India Garage: 16,93,490 OTR, 80,057/-Discount . After Discount - 16,13,433/-

The discounts include insurance wave off, corporate bonus of 10K, exchange bonus of 15K.
How come the same vehicle is costing more at India Garbage? They always add up some accessory and then show they are giving more discount than others. Bring in Sireesh also into the negotiations and see how it goes. If you go for a 7 year loan term, your EMIs will come down and you can maybe plan for the W8. Of all the things, ESP is one thing you can use in sharp curves and good speeds.
Best regards
Bala
balan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2014, 11:16   #6279
BHPian
 
Twiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cochin-Bangalore
Posts: 299
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Also I can compromise with a color screen infotainment display, HHC, HDC and ESP and side curtain airbags.
Since ESP was one among in my wish list for the upgrade car; I am going for W8 over W6, purely for ESP. Otherwise I would have opted the W6 for its fabric seat.
Twiny is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2014, 11:25   #6280
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 996
Thanked: 1,008 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
How come the same vehicle is costing more at India Garbage? They always add up some accessory and then show they are giving more discount than others. Bring in Sireesh also into the negotiations and see how it goes. If you go for a 7 year loan term, your EMIs will come down and you can maybe plan for the W8. Of all the things, ESP is one thing you can use in sharp curves and good speeds.
Best regards
Bala
Yes I will be visiting Sireesh auto as well for more negotiation.

India Garage pricing is more because the insurance quoted is 55057 whereas Anant cars is quoting 31708 for insurance. So end of the day they are waving of the insurance amount and the final price is coming up to the same.

But I think the advantage at India Garage is, if I opt for an insurance on my own they will give the 55057 discount and I can buy the insurance outside at an amount of 31708 and I will be saving additional 23349.

Let me see how it goes at Sireesh as well.
fusionbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 23:01   #6281
BHPian
 
rahul_kej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Siliguri
Posts: 208
Thanked: 229 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree_hari82 View Post
Taken delivery of my XUV5OO W6 Moondust silver from India Garage Chennai last week. Overall delivery experience was very nice. As it was an auspicious day we had a get together at my native and had to rush back to chennai by late evening 8 PM to take delivery from dealer at night 10. There were 15 XUV deliveries that day and three happened along with ours at ten.
Looking forward for a great ownership experience. Thanks to everyone here and a special thanks to Ravi sir for his encouraging words.
Congratulations on being a proud owner of XUV. Good to hear that you had nice experience of delivery.

Could you post some pictures of interiors along with monochrome display working,the fabric seats etc. as there are hardly any interior pictures available of W6 even after lot of online search.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2014, 00:23   #6282
BHPian
 
ToyotaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Meerut
Posts: 336
Thanked: 166 Times
Default

My cousin wants to buy a car with high GC as he is fed up if his 2010 Honda city scraping even medium sized speed breakers. He is looking at the XUV and finds the fully loaded W8 quite appealing.
I believe the newer models are niggle free and W8 should be a safe choice compared to the early examples.
A question to fellow members. Do you feel its worth paying 1L premium for AWD in the XUV? Thanks in advance.
ToyotaFan is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2014, 14:48   #6283
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 144
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
My cousin wants to buy a car with high GC as he is fed up if his 2010 Honda city scraping even medium sized speed breakers. He is looking at the XUV and finds the fully loaded W8 quite appealing.
I believe the newer models are niggle free and W8 should be a safe choice compared to the early examples.
A question to fellow members. Do you feel its worth paying 1L premium for AWD in the XUV? Thanks in advance.
If your cousin was driving a Honda City till now, i think he does not need an AWD model. W8 model without AWD will meet his requirement of driving a vehicle with high ground clearance.
nik hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2014, 19:40   #6284
BHPian
 
rahul_kej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Siliguri
Posts: 208
Thanked: 229 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Finally test drove a XUV 5OO w8 at Khokan Motors Siliguri. It was an approximately 2 year old model and had been driven for 22000 kms. It was very badly maintained in terms of cleanliness. Seems the beige interiors were not cleaned since long. The chrome from driver side door handles had come off in patches.

Clutch was very smooth, gear was pretty easy to engage, pick up was impressive, steering was well balanced and weighted.

But just one thing the feel good factor was not there. Not able to figure out the reason exactly though.

I showed interest in W6 with alloy wheels for which they asked 38000 extra for the set of 5 and they keep the fitted rim and wheel caps. On inquiring about reverse camera fitment on W6, the service personnel refused instantly. Total discount offered is Rs.25000.

In a big dilemma if I should wait for S Cross or for a facleift XUV 5OO or any other new mini-SUV launches from other manufacturers.
rahul_kej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2014, 20:49   #6285
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 94
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
In a big dilemma if I should wait for S Cross or for a facleift XUV 5OO or any other new mini-SUV launches from other manufacturers.
Is the facelift of XUV 500 expected? This is news to me. Can you please share the source of this information?
kk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra XUV500 vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme vs Renault Duster vs Tata Aria a4anurag SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 116 10th May 2017 15:34
Received a copy of the Coffee Table book on the Mahindra XUV500 from Mahindra Corp. shankar.balan Shifting gears 3 2nd April 2012 16:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks