Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2011, 18:11   #616
BHPian
 
rohitbagai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 401
Thanked: 226 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
Rohit: who is this 'cleverest of all' dealer who has got this printed on his booking receipt itself to ensure he mints money on insurance? Is it Koncept or Sree Durga?
Its Sri Durga indeed. At the time of booking they refused to do the booking if I did not agree to their two terms. One was to get insurance from them and the other was to get it registered via them. I specifically asked them that I wanted to get it registered on my own and they said...."Sir ... fir tow booking nahi ho payegee"
rohitbagai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2011, 18:17   #617
BHPian
 
Jo-G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 70
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Its Sri Durga indeed. At the time of booking they refused to do the booking if I did not agree to their two terms. One was to get insurance from them and the other was to get it registered via them. I specifically asked them that I wanted to get it registered on my own and they said...."Sir ... fir tow booking nahi ho payegee"
Isn't that atrocious? I think you should surely bring this to the attention of M&M. They seem to be taking advantage of the situation and arm twisting the customers.
Jo-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2011, 19:08   #618
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,248
Thanked: 5,382 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Its Sri Durga indeed. At the time of booking they refused to do the booking if I did not agree to their two terms. One was to get insurance from them and the other was to get it registered via them. I specifically asked them that I wanted to get it registered on my own and they said...."Sir ... fir tow booking nahi ho payegee"
This is crap. Please do bring this to M&M's notice. No dealers can resort to such tactics. In case the team doesn't positively respond, Anand Mahindra has a twitter account & you could post the problem there.

Also let them know the "disclaimer" printed on the booking invoice.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2011, 19:51   #619
BHPian
 
Tushargohil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 245
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Hey Guys,

Your view on this, Two back to back White XUV 500 but unlink in nature. one looks off white and one pure white in picture.

Is this because of Showroom white bulbs effect? or i am dealing here with my glass number... or something like color blindness
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img-20111002-00148.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-143515.jpg  

Tushargohil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2011, 19:53   #620
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NOIDA/Gurgaon
Posts: 82
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
This is crap. Please do bring this to M&M's notice. No dealers can resort to such tactics. In case the team doesn't positively respond, Anand Mahindra has a twitter account & you could post the problem there.

Also let them know the "disclaimer" printed on the booking invoice.
This is indeed criminal on his part to resort to such antics. Maybe the place he operates from - Moti Nagar- has given him some advantage as most people visiting the showroom could be ones with lotsa moolah to spend and in business- guess thats how the gentry of that area is like- so these people dont care before spending 15-20 K extra and its us, the slightly better educated, with whom they try such antics as well.

I suggest lets plot revenge- Call M and M and let them know of this flimsy stuff- in the end, even if you dont save much money- the dealer will get straight in the spirit of honesty.

Anna hazare says NO to Corruption- what is this if not corruption in the private sector?

On a different note, can someone detail the On the Road pricing for W6 and W8 in Delhi? Just wanna see how mucvh is the insurance and registration costing by the way, so as to warrant a discussion on how much can one save if one gets it done from outside.

I remember someone having written a note on the On the road pricing in Delhi- I tried searching but couldnt find it. If someone can re do the calculations and give some comparison between how much can one save getting things done from outside, nothing like it!

Last edited by Zappo : 24th October 2011 at 14:50. Reason: Please do not make back to back posts. make use of the Multi-Quote and Edit buttons.
Infiniti.Rahul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2011, 20:10   #621
BHPian
 
Pankaj_Ahlawat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 140
Thanked: 74 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
On a different note, can someone detail the On the Road pricing for W6 and W8 in Delhi? Just wanna see how mucvh is the insurance and registration costing by the way, so as to warrant a discussion on how much can one save if one gets it done from outside.

I remember someone having written a note on the On the road pricing in Delhi- I tried searching but couldnt find it. If someone can re do the calculations and give some comparison between how much can one save getting things done from outside, nothing like it!
sent you in pm. Insurance doesn`t work out cheaper then 42k for 0 dep
Pankaj_Ahlawat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2011, 21:25   #622
BHPian
 
dockap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 842
Thanked: 364 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Hey Guys,

Your view on this, Two back to back White XUV 500 but unlink in nature. one looks off white and one pure white in picture.

Is this because of Showroom white bulbs effect? or i am dealing here with my glass number... or something like color blindness

Nope your vision is normal. yesterday i had been for a test drive and there were 2 white xuv's. one was inside the showroom and looked pure white like the one in the 1st picture you posted and the second xuv which was parked outside in the bright sunlight looked off white like the one in your second picture
dockap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2011, 22:13   #623
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,841
Thanked: 117 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
...yesterday i had been for a test drive...
Dockap: What is the current status of you booking? Got an update from M&M?
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2011, 23:09   #624
BHPian
 
rohitbagai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 401
Thanked: 226 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
This is crap. Please do bring this to M&M's notice. No dealers can resort to such tactics. In case the team doesn't positively respond, Anand Mahindra has a twitter account & you could post the problem there.

Also let them know the "disclaimer" printed on the booking invoice.
Sure will do. Waiting for them to call me for delivery date confirmation. As per their excel spreadsheet its 1st Jan 12. .. They could screwup my booking for sure.. Mahindra cust. care is also very inconsistant. I called them up on 10th and they told me they have my booking, called again on 19th they said they dont and will get back to me within a week time. I booked on 3rd and the order got punched on 4th Oct as per my first call.
rohitbagai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 01:43   #625
BHPian
 
magikrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MH-01
Posts: 441
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Hey Guys,

Your view on this, Two back to back White XUV 500 but unlink in nature. one looks off white and one pure white in picture.

Is this because of Showroom white bulbs effect? or i am dealing here with my glass number... or something like color blindness
even I felt that the white colour seems like off-white and that was my major concern as I always wanted a pure shiny white.
magikrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 07:19   #626
BHPian
 
Ad1tya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 49
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Great review.

Does anybody have any idea if there is an Automatic version planned?
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 08:24   #627
BHPian
 
Tushargohil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 245
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
even I felt that the white colour seems like off-white and that was my major concern as I always wanted a pure shiny white.
Same here mate..till last week i was looking for white or Perl white (metallic) but not off white....

PS:- I am getting now Silver W8 FWD.
Tushargohil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 08:27   #628
BHPian
 
Tushargohil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 245
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Nope your vision is normal. yesterday i had been for a test drive and there were 2 white xuv's. one was inside the showroom and looked pure white like the one in the 1st picture you posted and the second xuv which was parked outside in the bright sunlight looked off white like the one in your second picture
Thanks for your view on this Dockap.... Appreciate it...
Tushargohil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 08:47   #629
BHPian
 
PRADEEP KUMAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 372
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
ACI Road test is out
Some highlights:
0-100 kmph is 12.34, which is better then T Fort.
Ride has soft edge but feels unsettled
Handling is much better then Scorpio but still 'work in progress' .
Too much engine noise (+ diesel drone+turbo whistle+induction noise) in the cabin which gets annoying
FE- 10.2 kmpl in city and 14.3kmpl on highway.

According to them 4X4 version will come in few months and they hope the issue with handling and interior quality will be sorted out. I thought 4X4 was already launched.
Any links to this please.different opinion is interesting and neccessary i feel else M&m will hike its price no end!!!

cheers


cheers
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 09:11   #630
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 49
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
ACI Road test is out.

Hi Guna, I am unable to fine the review you are talking about. The only 'review' I see is the 'first drive report' that is present at this URL:

Mahindra XUV500 review, test drive - Review - Autocar India

That report has been available since Sep 29. I haven't seen a new report from AutoCar India. Did you by any change mistake this for a new review? Please clarify.
timetraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra XUV500 vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme vs Renault Duster vs Tata Aria a4anurag SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 113 20th December 2016 16:13
Received a copy of the Coffee Table book on the Mahindra XUV500 from Mahindra Corp. shankar.balan Shifting gears 3 2nd April 2012 16:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks