Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 29th July 2014, 21:14   #6286
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk28 View Post
Is the facelift of XUV 500 expected? This is news to me. Can you please share the source of this information?
This link throws some light on it.

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/mahind...elift-in-2015/
rahul_kej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 03:18   #6287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
This is great news!! If I were you, I would definitely wait until the new face-lifted model is launched.
kk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 11:16   #6288

Today I wanted to give my XUV for 1st free service, i had driven only 1800kms in 3 months. As per my understanding it should have been given after 3 months or 5000 kms whichever is earlier

I gave it to Shrish Auto Marathahalli, the service advisor says that no need to change engine oil etc, since you have done only 1800 kms. He was saying earlier this was the service interval rule but now its only based on kms driven without any time limit. Has anyone given his new XUV for service lately and knows of this change ?

Thanks,
Rahul.
tanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 11:29   #6289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree_hari82 View Post
Taken delivery of my XUV5OO W6 Moondust silver from India Garage Chennai last week. Overall delivery experience was very nice. As it was an auspicious day we had a get together at my native and had to rush back to chennai by late evening 8 PM to take delivery from dealer at night 10. There were 15 XUV deliveries that day and three happened along with ours at ten.
Looking forward for a great ownership experience. Thanks to everyone here and a special thanks to Ravi sir for his encouraging words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Congratulations on being a proud owner of XUV. Good to hear that you had nice experience of delivery.

Could you post some pictures of interiors along with monochrome display working,the fabric seats etc. as there are hardly any interior pictures available of W6 even after lot of online search.
Congratulations on the XUV and good to know about the dealer experience

And yes as Rahul mentioned, it is difficult to find a detailed review of W6, it would be great if you can post some pics of the infotainment along with the fabric seats. Did you get a reverse camera installed? If yes, is it synced with the infotainment system or a separate mirror is given as part of the IRVM.
fusionbang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 11:51   #6290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanny View Post
Today I wanted to give my XUV for 1st free service, i had driven only 1800kms in 3 months. As per my understanding it should have been given after 3 months or 5000 kms whichever is earlier

I gave it to Shrish Auto Marathahalli, the service advisor says that no need to change engine oil etc, since you have done only 1800 kms. He was saying earlier this was the service interval rule but now its only based on kms driven without any time limit. Has anyone given his new XUV for service lately and knows of this change ?

Thanks,
Rahul.
Yesterday I had a word with service engineer. He told me the same thing that the service interval is kms based and has no time limit.
Old 30th July 2014, 12:56   #6291
BHPian

Guys I need your valuable inputs on couple of things which are still running in my mind and confusing a lot. I would need help in the decision making process based on below points:

1. W6 or W8? I do not want to burden myself with 2 lacs additional, as I am planning for Loan. I think I can live without ESP (as I do not like to push the car in curves or do some thrilling maneuvers, you can say I am a sedate driver), HHC & HDC, Alloys, Tyretronics.

2. There is a rumor saying face-lift of XUV is on the cards by March 2015, any idea what would be the changes? should I wait for it?

I am planning for this year considering the excise duty might go up in 2015 and some personal financial commitments as well.

[MODS]: Please merge this post in my previous post if required, since I dint get an edit option while posting this. Thanks

Last edited by fusionbang : 30th July 2014 at 12:57. Reason: Note for mods
fusionbang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 13:06   #6292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Guys I need your valuable inputs on couple of things which are still running in my mind and confusing a lot. I would need help in the decision making process based on below points:

1. W6 or W8? I do not want to burden myself with 2 lacs additional, as I am planning for Loan. I think I can live without ESP (as I do not like to push the car in curves or do some thrilling maneuvers, you can say I am a sedate driver), HHC & HDC, Alloys, Tyretronics.

2. There is a rumor saying face-lift of XUV is on the cards by March 2015, any idea what would be the changes? should I wait for it?

I am planning for this year considering the excise duty might go up in 2015 and some personal financial commitments as well.

[MODS]: Please merge this post in my previous post if required, since I dint get an edit option while posting this. Thanks
1. I got the W8 and I havent faced any problem with the electronics so far. If you are interested in after market modifications like Dvd video headunit , good speakers with amp, roots megasonic horn, hella 4000s etc., go for W6 or W4. If you go for W8, further modifications are not advised except reverse cam.

2. The existing XUV is good looking, not sure how much modifications will they make. May be just few cosmetic changes to keep the buyers interested.
undead is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 15:10   #6293
BHPian

This is regarding Rain/Door Visors on XUV. By looking at the curve of the Side Windows, I am doubtful if the Door Visor will keep the Rain out. Please give your feedback on this aspect.
Twiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 16:37   #6294
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
This is regarding Rain/Door Visors on XUV. By looking at the curve of the Side Windows, I am doubtful if the Door Visor will keep the Rain out. Please give your feedback on this aspect.
For me the door visors has been a boon during rains. Sure it will not keep the rain out with windows down, but it will allow the windows to be rolled down leaving an inch or two gap. This will allow ventilation to keep away the moisture/mist on the windscreen, without the use of AC.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 18:43   #6295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
I am taking delivery of my W8 next week, there are 2 accessories I have asked for
1. Reverse camera
2. Rain Visors
Both these are based on talking to lots of XUV owners. Rain visors are helpful as per most of the users.

Only thing I am confused is foot mats, I would like to go for 3-D mats of good quality, I understand that Mahindra does not offer that as standard fitment. Folks using those can provide feedback.

Also, good place to buy 3-D mats for XUV in Chandigarh/Shimla ?
rajesh.sml is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 23:23   #6296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I think I can live without ESP (as I do not like to push the car in curves or do some thrilling maneuvers, you can say I am a sedate driver), HHC & HDC, Alloys, Tyretronics.
ESP may come to use in any sudden unexpected maneuvers too and not just for taking corners, anyways don't want to confuse your selection process any further.
HDC, HHC and Tyretronics I guess are not must have's and I don't think you will miss them. However if you plan to buy W6 and put money for cosmetic items, I would suggest you go for W8 instead.

Quote:
It depends on your urgency. You can wait till next year and check out facelift or other launches expected by then (S-Cross), or take a plunge now and enjoy the new drive for those additional months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.sml View Post
1. Reverse camera
Only thing I am confused is foot mats, I would like to go for 3-D mats of good quality, I understand that Mahindra does not offer that as standard fitment.
I felt Mahindra mats were of inferior quality, try checking out the same before purchasing. I am using M&M mats as a secondary mat on top of my 3D mats. The mats fit perfectly and looks good too.

Regarding mats, you can check out modifycar . I have ordered few products from them and delivery was prompt.
mpksuhas is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2014, 14:58   #6297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanny View Post

Thanks,
Rahul.
I don't think this is a new rule. When I bought my XUV in June 2013 from Anant Cars Bannerghatta Road, the RM specifically told me that there is no time limit for the services and it is based purely on the kms driven. My first service (5000 kms) was around six months from date of purchase and the second (10000 kms) was 11 months from date of purchase. The third (and final, 20000 kms) is still pending and I have driven only about 12000 kms so far.

If there ever was a rule like this for XUV, maybe one of the earlier owners can comment. Anyway, it won't affect you, so rest easy.
Stryker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2014, 15:44   #6298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
I don't think this is a new rule. When I bought my XUV in June 2013 from Anant Cars Bannerghatta Road, the RM specifically told me that there is no time limit for the services and it is based purely on the kms driven. My first service (5000 kms) was around six months from date of purchase and the second (10000 kms) was 11 months from date of purchase. The third (and final, 20000 kms) is still pending and I have driven only about 12000 kms so far.

If there ever was a rule like this for XUV, maybe one of the earlier owners can comment. Anyway, it won't affect you, so rest easy.
In my opinion it is a very useful policy especially for people whose usage is much less. They will not be forced to service their vehicle just because a particular time frame has lapsed even though the vehicle has hardly run.
nik hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2014, 16:30   #6299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post

Hi, which model you have and of which month and year. Could you share if you faced any kind of problem in your 12000km run or it was totally niggle free.

It would be really helpful if you could just brief about it.
Old 31st July 2014, 17:49   #6300
Senior - BHPian

XUV crosses 1 Lakh sales mark in three years, making it the fastest SUV to reach this mark for SUV's above 10 Lakh
nitinralli is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote