Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2014, 10:12   #6436
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 113
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Press "Route " and select " Delete route " to stop the navigation and display the map only.
Thanks... This solution will work. Will try it
gpriyesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 10:26   #6437
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 59
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Congrats Rajiv. I picked up a dash cam on ebay for 1600.
Hi djpeesh, please can you share the link (Details) of the one you purchased.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 1st September 2014 at 12:47. Reason: quote fixed
tirthankard77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 11:19   #6438
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Thanks gpriyesh

Can you share the details of the Rs 1600 dash camera
RajivNarvekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 12:09   #6439
Senior - BHPian
 
fusionbang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 1,009
Thanked: 1,035 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Hello Friends,

Finally took the delivery of my XUV 5OO on 29th of August on auspicious day of Ganesh Chaturthi. Its a W6 silver colour model.
Congratulations Rahul on the acquisition. Silver looks best on this beast, especially with the Super speed rims. Even I am looking at the same color and same model very soon. Waiting for your ownership thread with lot of pictures

Happy munching miles ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
I got the delivery of my Silver beast W8 yesterday.
Congratulations gpriyesh. Enjoy your ride and drive safe

Last edited by fusionbang : 1st September 2014 at 12:11.
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 15:55   #6440
BHPian
 
djpeesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 596
Thanked: 730 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirthankard77 View Post
Hi djpeesh, please can you share the link (Details) of the one you purchased.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajivNarvekar View Post
Thanks gpriyesh

Can you share the details of the Rs 1600 dash camera
The listing on the product I got has expired (I picked it up in June end) but this is similar for Rs2,493. http://www.ebay.in/itm/2-4-inch-1080...6506f89&_uhb=1

I have an eBay 7 percent off coupon, which can reduce the price if anyone wants it.

Here are some bad pictures of what it looks like:
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20140901_081618.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20140901_081637.jpg

Last edited by djpeesh : 1st September 2014 at 16:19.
djpeesh is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 20:22   #6441
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 113
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
It is supposed to switch on when you select it in the infotainment system.
Get it checked at the service center.

I use it when I have a full load in the back and cant see a thing with IRVM. It helps in such situations.
Falconion - did you fit your reverse cam as an accessory or did it come fitted from factory.

The post I did earlier citing these minor issues on delivery reached my dealer through Mahindra and their sales head called me today. He was telling me that both options work for reverse cam only in factory fitted models. If you fit it as an accessory it works only through one of the options (either through reverse gear or through infotainment screen) is this true?
gpriyesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 21:36   #6442
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 141
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
Falconion - did you fit your reverse cam as an accessory or did it come fitted from factory.

The post I did earlier citing these minor issues on delivery reached my dealer through Mahindra and their sales head called me today. He was telling me that both options work for reverse cam only in factory fitted models. If you fit it as an accessory it works only through one of the options (either through reverse gear or through infotainment screen) is this true?
The sales head has no clue. He is just making stuff up.

There are no factory fitted models (except the XUV500 Sportz). All reverse cameras are attached as accessories at the dealership.

There are many other bhpians here who have both options working.

P.S. The method through infotainment system was shown to me by the guy who fitted the camera for me at the dealership.

Here is a link to how it looks.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2677848 (Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review)

Last edited by falconion : 1st September 2014 at 21:50.
falconion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 12:03   #6443
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 178
Thanked: 97 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

What were the designers thinking before they put together such a nice looking vehicle at a great price and did not think of a decent boot space with all the seats fixed up? This could be a deal breaker for many, but then, seeing the enthusiasm and the sales, looks like the boot doesn't really matter.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 15:44   #6444
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,065
Thanked: 1,994 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
What were the designers thinking before they put together such a nice looking vehicle at a great price and did not think of a decent boot space with all the seats fixed up? This could be a deal breaker for many, but then, seeing the enthusiasm and the sales, looks like the boot doesn't really matter.
With all 7 passengers and seats up in place, none of the UVs offer any luggage space, except the Aria. Yes, it may be a tad more or less in competition, but all 7 seater UVs have negligible boot space with all seats up.

These cars are more like -

* 5 seaters with lots of boot space for long trips
* 7 seaters with no boot space for short city runs with extended family or friends
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 21:51   #6445
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 113
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
What were the designers thinking before they put together such a nice looking vehicle at a great price and did not think of a decent boot space with all the seats fixed up? This could be a deal breaker for many, but then, seeing the enthusiasm and the sales, looks like the boot doesn't really matter.
Gearbox - in my opinion you are getting a dual benefit by this design. A boot which can also be used for seating. A benefit which you cannot think of in a sedan. Also Mahindra has given you additional leg space in middle row by compromising the space behind your last row. How many times you will travel with full 7 passengers on board?
gpriyesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 22:20   #6446
BHPian
 
rahul_kej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Siliguri
Posts: 209
Thanked: 230 Times
Default

Hey friends just a simple query. Can we make a call by voice command feature on steering wheel when our phone is connected through bluetooth, just like voice dialling by taking names.
rahul_kej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 04:08   #6447
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 113
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Hey friends just a simple query. Can we make a call by voice command feature on steering wheel when our phone is connected through bluetooth, just like voice dialling by taking names.
Rahul - I do not think we can do that. There are only some basic commands which are listed in the manual that we can use through voice command feature. I also tried this on the first day of getting my xuv
gpriyesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 10:36   #6448
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 266
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Hi,

When I switch on the AC "auto" mode it automatically sets the "fresh air" mode.

What is the ideal method for using the AC? How does the economy mode work and what is the "compromise" in cooling with that?

I am generally very happy with the beast in the city and highway, but recently found my right leg paining after a 8 hour drive. The difference in this long trip compared to previous ones was the route - Bangalore-Mysore highway. Lot of slowing down and hard acceleration due to speed breakers and traffic meant lot of work for the right leg. Can the accelerator pedal be made little softer?

Also had this issue of the fuel lid opening by itself a few times. The rattling from the dash has increased especially with hard acceleration. I am at 8000 km now.

Cheers

Vindy

Last edited by VindyWheels : 3rd September 2014 at 10:37.
VindyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 12:24   #6449
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 164 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
The sales head has no clue. He is just making stuff up.

There are no factory fitted models (except the XUV500 Sportz). All reverse cameras are attached as accessories at the dealership.

There are many other bhpians here who have both options working.

P.S. The method through infotainment system was shown to me by the guy who fitted the camera for me at the dealership.

Here is a link to how it looks.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2677848 (Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review)
Guys. I am in the mahindra service centre SKS salem. Came to check the reverse cam . They say , cam wont work in infotainment menu if reverse gear not engaged. It will work only in reverse gear .
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 12:43   #6450
BHPian
 
rahul_kej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Siliguri
Posts: 209
Thanked: 230 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Hi,

When I switch on the AC "auto" mode it automatically sets the "fresh air" mode.

What is the ideal method for using the AC? How does the economy mode work and what is the "compromise" in cooling with that?

I am generally very happy with the beast in the city and highway, but recently found my right leg paining after a 8 hour drive. The difference in this long trip compared to previous ones was the route - Bangalore-Mysore highway. Lot of slowing down and hard acceleration due to speed breakers and traffic meant lot of work for the right leg. Can the accelerator pedal be made little softer?

Also had this issue of the fuel lid opening by itself a few times. The rattling from the dash has increased especially with hard acceleration. I am at 8000 km now.

Cheers

Vindy
Hi,

The ac changing to fresh air mode is normal. You have to select recirculation mode manually. You will notice that whenever you switch off the ac it changes to fresh air mode automatically.

Economy mode will switch off the ac compressor much before the actual set temperature is attained.

If you have upgraded to XUV from a hatch or sedan it can take some time for your body to adjust to a new posture, just my personal view. I would advice you to use cruise control whenever possible and relax your right leg.

For dashboard rattle and fuel lid opening issue speak to your RM it will get sorted out.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra XUV500 vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme vs Renault Duster vs Tata Aria a4anurag SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 116 10th May 2017 15:34
Received a copy of the Coffee Table book on the Mahindra XUV500 from Mahindra Corp. shankar.balan Shifting gears 3 2nd April 2012 16:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks