Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2014, 19:36   #6571
BHPian
 
rahul_kej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Siliguri
Posts: 207
Thanked: 229 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
How do I connect an iPod to the infotainment system. I connected mine to the USB. It is charging the iPod but not recognizing it as a music source
Use aux cable and connect it to 3.5mm port near the USB input
rahul_kej is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2014, 20:24   #6572
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 112
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Use aux cable and connect it to 3.5mm port near the USB input
It works that way but then the music source is Aux and not iPod. How will the system recognize it as iPod so that you can use the steering controls to control it.
gpriyesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2014, 20:53   #6573
BHPian
 
Vasuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Venice of East
Posts: 312
Thanked: 185 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Use aux cable and connect it to 3.5mm port near the USB input
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
It works that way but then the music source is Aux and not iPod. How will the system recognize it as iPod so that you can use the steering controls to control it.

No need to connect Ipod to AUX. I used to connect my Ipod Classic to USB port and it used to recognize the device and was able to play/browse music.
Vasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2014, 21:42   #6574
BHPian
 
rahul_kej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Siliguri
Posts: 207
Thanked: 229 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
It works that way but then the music source is Aux and not iPod. How will the system recognize it as iPod so that you can use the steering controls to control it.
Copy music in your ipod as you do in normal pen drive or hard disk. Then it will recognise the songs via usb. I doubt if it will recognise songs which are transferred in ipod using itunes as that's a differen format.
rahul_kej is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2014, 12:02   #6575
BHPian
 
reevester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 93
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Copy music in your ipod as you do in normal pen drive or hard disk. Then it will recognise the songs via usb. I doubt if it will recognise songs which are transferred in ipod using itunes as that's a differen format.
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
No need to connect Ipod to AUX. I used to connect my Ipod Classic to USB port and it used to recognize the device and was able to play/browse music.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
It works that way but then the music source is Aux and not iPod. How will the system recognize it as iPod so that you can use the steering controls to control it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Use aux cable and connect it to 3.5mm port near the USB input
@rahul_kej - This won't work.

@gpriyesh - It seems your iPods filesystem is corrupted and thats why the XUV is not recognizing it when connected by USB. I use mine perfectly fine and it works amazingly well. I suggest you reset your iPod using iTunes and copy over your music again. If that doesn't work, try another cable.
reevester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2014, 21:17   #6576
BHPian
 
fiery enzyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TN 01
Posts: 412
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Yup. Restore your iPod.
fiery enzyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2014, 06:37   #6577
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 112
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester View Post
Correct.







@rahul_kej - This won't work.

@gpriyesh - It seems your iPods filesystem is corrupted and thats why the XUV is not recognizing it when connected by USB. I use mine perfectly fine and it works amazingly well. I suggest you reset your iPod using iTunes and copy over your music again. If that doesn't work, try another cable.






Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
Yup. Restore your iPod.
Thanks. I am using an iPod video. Will restore that and try again.
gpriyesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2014, 15:18   #6578
BHPian
 
Twiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cochin-Bangalore
Posts: 299
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Could any XUV(AWD) owners can comment on their slush drive experience and snaps or video clips if any.. similar to one described on the Duster-AWD thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3550704 (Renault Duster AWD launched at Rs. 11.89 lakh (pg. 15))

Last edited by Twiny : 7th October 2014 at 15:20.
Twiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2014, 18:05   #6579
BHPian
 
rahul_kej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Siliguri
Posts: 207
Thanked: 229 Times
Default

Has any one used philips xtreme vision or osram nightbreaker plus for XUVs low beam. Is it better than the stock osram. Your views are highly welcome.
rahul_kej is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2014, 18:21   #6580
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 164 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Has any one used philips xtreme vision or osram nightbreaker plus for XUVs low beam. Is it better than the stock osram. Your views are highly welcome.
I wouldnt recommend changing the OE bulbs to these above models because, their life span is shorter than the normal bulbs. IT IS a real pain to change those headlight bulbs. So, often you would be required to visit the service centre for that. Also , they dont offer a drastic improvement in vision. If you feel that the low beams are not bright enough, shift to Philips HIDs . If you are having problems with high beams, buy a pair of Hella 3003 .
undead is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2014, 20:56   #6581
BHPian
 
Ketan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 821
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
If you feel that the low beams are not bright enough, shift to Philips HIDs.
Hi, Do you know where can I get Philips HIDs from? I'm looking for 4200K (or 4300K) Philips HID bulbs. I already have Philips ballasts with me.
THanks.
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2014, 21:58   #6582
BHPian
 
kARTIK IYER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NaviMumbai
Posts: 161
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Guys,

I am also keen to change my low beam lights. I have read earlier that HID makes considerable difference. Please guide me on which is good quality HID and what does entire kit consists of. Any further information on costs would really help.
kARTIK IYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2014, 22:33   #6583
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 993
Thanked: 1,002 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Hi, Do you know where can I get Philips HIDs from? I'm looking for 4200K (or 4300K) Philips HID bulbs. I already have Philips ballasts with me.
THanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
Guys,

I am also keen to change my low beam lights. I have read earlier that HID makes considerable difference. Please guide me on which is good quality HID and what does entire kit consists of. Any further information on costs would really help.
I think this link should help you guys. And SDP would be the right guy for your queries on the lights.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2014, 22:38   #6584
BHPian
 
Ketan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 821
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I think this link should help you guys. And SDP would be the right guy for your queries on the lights.
Thank you,

If I remember it correct, SDP got it via the group purchase for Morimoto that happened earlier, I'm trying to see if I get just the HID bulbs for Philips from India, I can make use of my ballasts, else I will go with the complete HID kit, either Osram, which is available in India or Morimoto that may need to be ordered from US.
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2014, 22:43   #6585
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 993
Thanked: 1,002 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Thank you,

If I remember it correct, SDP got it via the group purchase for Morimoto that happened earlier, I'm trying to see if I get just the HID bulbs for Philips from India, I can make use of my ballasts, else I will go with the complete HID kit, either Osram, which is available in India or Morimoto that may need to be ordered from US.
Did you get a chance to check in JC Road?? Probably I might go this weekend, will check there and let you know if the Philips HID bulbs are available.
fusionbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra XUV500 vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme vs Renault Duster vs Tata Aria a4anurag SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 113 20th December 2016 16:13
Received a copy of the Coffee Table book on the Mahindra XUV500 from Mahindra Corp. shankar.balan Shifting gears 3 2nd April 2012 16:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks