Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2014, 12:39   #6841
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,664
Thanked: 3,206 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
Any good leads/advice can help me.
If removing and fitting is one of your primary concerns you can check the M&M accessory inflatable ones available as accessory for new Scorpio.

As per sales guy those are compatible with XUV's too. However I was not much happy with strapping the same along the door, was concerned it may foul with door channel rubber beading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
I am also looking to fit extra Horns.
Any specific reason you were planning of changing the horn ? Asking since I felt XUV company fitted horns were sufficient.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2014, 14:01   #6842
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,700
Thanked: 8,906 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
What was the make/model of the Horn they are putting extra? Which was the dealer?
I am also looking to fit extra Horns.
You may find this post useful: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3057065
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2014, 21:06   #6843
BHPian
 
Twiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cochin-Bangalore
Posts: 299
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Any specific reason you were planning of changing the horn ? Asking since I felt XUV company fitted horns were sufficient.
Yes Suhas, stock Horns are good; but at times in Highways need a long press to get proper attention/alert. Basically I like horns which gives good sound on a single tap of the Horn pad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Thanks anshuman.. that looks like perfect fit.
Twiny is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 11:52   #6844
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,568
Thanked: 304 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
Shock absorber costs around 8k each. Warranty on shock absorbers is valid up to 1,00,000 km even if it happens to be in the 5th year of ownership while under warranty.
Other coverage:- MASTER SCHEDULE OF PARTS COVERED
It all looks good on paper, speaking out of experience with M&M A.S.S., to illustrate, they tried to pass on the blame for the broken ABS harness to rat bite and had the gall to try proving it to me when it was very clear that the cabling had degraded and broken. Only good shouting and a call to the Mahindra Regional Service Manager ensured that the same was replaced under warranty.

There are multiple instances like this which I had and other M&M owners have and can be found in the niggles thread of both Scorpio & XUV5OO
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 15:55   #6845
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 11
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Hi All,

Going to be a proud owner of the XUV 500 W6 very soon (Thursday, Dec 11 as per current schedule ). Looking forward to driving a big car. Its going to be a very different experience for me coming off the Polo. But I hear the road visibility is quite good so I am expecting it to be a good transition.

I am looking for a good roof carrier as we may end up using the rear seats for kids. The stock M&M carrier seems quite expensive at ~Rs 10k. Any suggestions on this front? Will post some updates once I have my hands on the car
saneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 16:39   #6846
BHPian
 
PMK-MoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: KA51/AP07
Posts: 125
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saneguy View Post
Hi All,

Going to be a proud owner of the XUV 500 W6 very soon (Thursday, Dec 11 as per current schedule ). Looking forward to driving a big car. Its going to be a very different experience for me coming off the Polo. But I hear the road visibility is quite good so I am expecting it to be a good transition.

I am looking for a good roof carrier as we may end up using the rear seats for kids. The stock M&M carrier seems quite expensive at ~Rs 10k. Any suggestions on this front? Will post some updates once I have my hands on the car
Advanced Congratulations...
I am using a carrier from standard accessory list of M&M. i think it costs around 9500/- one year ago. it can support upto 60Kgs weight. It can be detachable also but may need two persons support.
Not sure about outside carriers- how much weight they can support.
PMK-MoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 16:53   #6847
BHPian
 
Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 237
Thanked: 643 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saneguy View Post
But I hear the road visibility is quite good so I am expecting it to be a good transition.
Whoa, you hear road visibility is good? Didn't you take a test drive and see for yourself?

Seriously, yeah, road visibility is quite good. I know many drivers who prefer the bonnet to be seen while driving (I'm 50:50 on that). In the XUV you can just manage to see it if you are tall enough, but if you are under 6' tall and not sitting straight up, it would be difficult.
Stryker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 17:54   #6848
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 11
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Whoa, you hear road visibility is good? Didn't you take a test drive and see for yourself?

Seriously, yeah, road visibility is quite good. I know many drivers who prefer the bonnet to be seen while driving (I'm 50:50 on that). In the XUV you can just manage to see it if you are tall enough, but if you are under 6' tall and not sitting straight up, it would be difficult.
I have taken a test drive. In fact 3 times! But to be honest at the time it all looks good. My reaction at the time was that the road visibility is good. But then that was a test drive and now it will be a complete transition. So some anxiety along with excitement

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Advanced Congratulations...
I am using a carrier from standard accessory list of M&M. i think it costs around 9500/- one year ago. it can support upto 60Kgs weight. It can be detachable also but may need two persons support.
Not sure about outside carriers- how much weight they can support.
Thank u!!

Hmmm if nothing else I will get the M&M carrier. But I definitely want to explore outside before finalizing. But thanks. Its a good input. Weight carrying capacity is more important to me than removal of the carrier. I am ok if the carrier stays afixed all the time.
saneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 18:05   #6849
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 68
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
In the XUV you can just manage to see it if you are tall enough, but if you are under 6' tall and not sitting straight up, it would be difficult.
I am 5.3, yet i am able to see the bonnet

All you need to do is raise the seat and as pointed out, keep the seat upright (I prefer it that way)
vaibhavdalal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 11:52   #6850
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 59
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
I am planning to get rear view sensor and camera done for my W4 - looking for a good accessory shop preferably in and around Whitfield Any suggestions.
Not sure you have already done it, I got mine done at Mahindra accessories, just to ensure there are no warranty issues later.
tirthankard77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 12:33   #6851
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 39
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

All,

Couple of queries for new XUV owners specially from Maharashtra.

1) The Registration Smart Card ( instead of RC Booklet) for a new vehicle, how long does it take to be made?

Is it 45 days / 90 days from date of registration. Is there a way to follow up on this with RTO?

2) During this time period of 45 / 90 days, if I plan to take my vehicle to other state, without RC Book is there any issue I may face at the border?.

I am planning a road trip to Bangalore from Navi Mumbai and hence asking this?


Looking for inputs on these.

Regards
balpreetsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 18:31   #6852
BHPian
 
pgupta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 165
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirthankard77 View Post
Not sure you have already done it, I got mine done at Mahindra accessories, just to ensure there are no warranty issues later.

Could you please let me know where did you get it done and what was the cost ? I am still looking for a place where they do a good job without cutting wires etc.
pgupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2014, 08:42   #6853
BHPian
 
ptaneja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Pole,Mars
Posts: 543
Thanked: 274 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saneguy View Post
I have taken a test drive. In fact 3 times! But to be honest at the time it all looks good. My reaction at the time was that the road visibility is good. But then that was a test drive and now it will be a complete transition. So some anxiety along with excitement

Thank u!!

Hmmm if nothing else I will get the M&M carrier. But I definitely want to explore outside before finalizing. But thanks. Its a good input. Weight carrying capacity is more important to me than removal of the carrier. I am ok if the carrier stays afixed all the time.
Woow!! 10K for carrier ?! I got mine for 1500rs from local car accessories shop - pretty decent, half metal, and surrounded by aluminium to prevent rust, and I am able to pack along 5 bags full with stuff. I pay 50rs to local tyre walah for getting it fitted,and 50rs again after the trip is over.

Also, since you have just booked XUV W6, did you happen to take a test drive of new scorpio as well ? with the same price, you would have got S10 top version ... i am yet to take a test drive of both vehicles.
ptaneja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2014, 12:43   #6854
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 59
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Could you please let me know where did you get it done and what was the cost ? I am still looking for a place where they do a good job without cutting wires etc.
Hi Pgupta,

I did mine is India Garage accessories Shop in India Garage St Marks Road, I fitted the camera and the screen in the Dash board total cost was round 6400/-
Now I do all my service or work in sireesh at singasandra
tirthankard77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2014, 17:10   #6855
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 11
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Woow!! 10K for carrier ?! I got mine for 1500rs from local car accessories shop - pretty decent, half metal, and surrounded by aluminium to prevent rust, and I am able to pack along 5 bags full with stuff. I pay 50rs to local tyre walah for getting it fitted,and 50rs again after the trip is over.

Also, since you have just booked XUV W6, did you happen to take a test drive of new scorpio as well ? with the same price, you would have got S10 top version ... i am yet to take a test drive of both vehicles.
Wow thats quite cheap! I will look around locally to see what suits. I did not take the Scorpio tesst drive. Somehow the family did not really like the looks as compared to the SUV.
saneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra XUV500 vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme vs Renault Duster vs Tata Aria a4anurag SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 116 10th May 2017 15:34
Received a copy of the Coffee Table book on the Mahindra XUV500 from Mahindra Corp. shankar.balan Shifting gears 3 2nd April 2012 16:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks