Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2015, 08:17   #7261
Senior - BHPian
 
fusionbang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 1,011
Thanked: 1,035 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Folks, finally all formalities done and will be going to PDI today around 11 AM. Will be taking delivery tomorrow and I might have a sleepless night today

Can anybody share the detailed PDI asap, if you have any apart from the team bhp PDI checklist.
fusionbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 12:06   #7262
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 5,015
Thanked: 24,577 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Team,

Received a quote for the XUV 500 W4 @ Rs. 13.02 lakhs all-inclusive, and the dealer is offering a flat 31,000/- cash discount, bringing the final quote to 12.71 lakhs.

Upon more deliberations, he has agreed for a further 10,000/- corporate discount and 50% reduction on accessories, if I choose any. So effectively, I would be paying 12.61 + accessories @ 50%.

Good enough deal, or can I squeeze some more out of this?

Breakup:

Ex-showroom Price - 11,43,264/-
Registration Charges - 85,029/-
Comprehensive Insurance - 45,732/-
5th Year Warranty Package - 21,348/-
Handling & Logistics Charges - 6,742/-
-------------------------------------
TOTAL - 13,02,115/-
-------------------------------------
Assured Cash Benefit - 31,128/-
Corporate Discount - 10,000/-
-------------------------------------
FINAL TOTAL - 12,60,987/-
-------------------------------------
RavenAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 13:05   #7263
Senior - BHPian
 
k_ajay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,154
Thanked: 446 Times
Post Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Few days back my friend was boasting about a feature in his Duster AWD, a feature in which the rear wiper would work automatically on engaging the reverse gear with front wiper on.

Yesterday while driving my XUV for first time in rain I found out even XUV is equipped with same feature.
Tell you friend that this feature was available since 2008 on a 7.9 lakhs Skoda Fabia Elegance.

[no boasting].
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 14:01   #7264
Senior - BHPian
 
fusionbang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 1,011
Thanked: 1,035 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Guys did a PDI today and I would like thank Team-BHP from my bottom of my heart which has helped me to choose the right proper vehicle. During PDI, the car first alloted to me had damaged bumpers during Transit and I rejected it. Then another car was allotted and when I was almost completing the PDI, noticed that the rear right door was repainted and some work was done on the door panel, also this was a March 2015 manufactured vehicle. Thanks to the guy from Nandi U -Trust who had showed me this when he had evaluated my Santro.

Finally, I was able to finalize on a car with some numerology and will be getting delivery tomorrow.

Thanks once again Team-BHP And thanks to the sales rep Mr. Vinay from Anant Cars, Mysore Road who obliged for all my conditions and allotted me as per my expectation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Team,

Received a quote for the XUV 500 W4 @ Rs. 13.02 lakhs all-inclusive, and the dealer is offering a flat 31,000/- cash discount, bringing the final quote to 12.71 lakhs.

Upon more deliberations, he has agreed for a further 10,000/- corporate discount and 50% reduction on accessories, if I choose any. So effectively, I would be paying 12.61 + accessories @ 50%.

Good enough deal, or can I squeeze some more out of this?

Breakup:

Ex-showroom Price - 11,43,264/-
Registration Charges - 85,029/-
Comprehensive Insurance - 45,732/-
5th Year Warranty Package - 21,348/-
Handling & Logistics Charges - 6,742/-
-------------------------------------
TOTAL - 13,02,115/-
-------------------------------------
Assured Cash Benefit - 31,128/-
Corporate Discount - 10,000/-
-------------------------------------
FINAL TOTAL - 12,60,987/-
-------------------------------------
Congratulations RavenAvi But here in Bangalore the ex showroom price was quoted as 11.34 lac, how come for you it is 11.43 lac? By the way which city are you from?

Also I think the insurance is on a higher side, because for me he is given insurance free and giving bumper to bumper insurance. And you could have bargained for accessories from his end like side steps, rain visors and if possible a camera.

I was able to squeeze side steps, rear camera, rain visors and door beading for my W8. Hope this helps.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd May 2015 at 14:33. Reason: Excess smiley removed. Only 2 permitted per post.
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 14:59   #7265
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 5,015
Thanked: 24,577 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Congratulations RavenAvi But here in Bangalore the ex showroom price was quoted as 11.34 lac, how come for you it is 11.43 lac? By the way which city are you from?

Also I think the insurance is on a higher side, because for me he is given insurance free and giving bumper to bumper insurance. And you could have bargained for accessories from his end like side steps, rain visors and if possible a camera.

I was able to squeeze side steps, rear camera, rain visors and door beading for my W8. Hope this helps.
First of all, congratulations to you too my friend.

I am in Chhattisgarh, and the official site shows the same pricing. Maybe transportation costs to Karnataka (from Maharashtra) is lesser than CG, that's why we have our ex-showroom prices on the higher side. Or it could be VAT rates.

I received this quotation (via email) and discount offers on my first phone call to the dealership (Ralas Motors in Raipur, CG). Maybe when I visit them personally and pursue a bit more then I can squeeze out a better deal. I am also keen on a few free accessories myself as well.

There are 2 W4s available with them right now - one is Grey and the other is Silver. VINs decoded have shown April 2015 as the manufacturing date.

I am looking out for illuminated scuff plates and a reverse camera + sensors set. Let me see what else I can bring out from bargaining with them. I need the SUV by month-end or early next month so there is still scope for bargaining left.

Will keep updating. I am also eagerly waiting to see the pics of your Cheetah!
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 15:11   #7266
Senior - BHPian
 
fusionbang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 1,011
Thanked: 1,035 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
First of all, congratulations to you too my friend.

I am in Chhattisgarh, and the official site shows the same pricing. Maybe transportation costs to Karnataka (from Maharashtra) is lesser than CG, that's why we have our ex-showroom prices on the higher side. Or it could be VAT rates.

I received this quotation (via email) and discount offers on my first phone call to the dealership (Ralas Motors in Raipur, CG). Maybe when I visit them personally and pursue a bit more then I can squeeze out a better deal. I am also keen on a few free accessories myself as well.

There are 2 W4s available with them right now - one is Grey and the other is Silver. VINs decoded have shown April 2015 as the manufacturing date.

I am looking out for illuminated scuff plates and a reverse camera + sensors set. Let me see what else I can bring out from bargaining with them. I need the SUV by month-end or early next month so there is still scope for bargaining left.

Will keep updating. I am also eagerly waiting to see the pics of your Cheetah!
Thanks buddy Will definitely post the pictures as soon as I take delivery and it will be coming till I own the car.

Yes you have some more time to do some negotiations. But I would suggest you to do it before this weekend, as the facelift launch is planned for 25th May, there might be chances that the demand might increase for the current version as some might not like the new design as it happened with me. So it is better to talk to the sales guy in person and take all negotiations in writing. Good luck

Last edited by ampere : 21st May 2015 at 10:51. Reason: Typo corrected
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 16:00   #7267
BHPian
 
vivek_pinkoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 194
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo View Post
Booked W6 and taking delivery on Sunday if every thing goes smooth.
Any suggestion for PDI from experience members?
On Road 13.43 L plus 10 K value of accessories.
Now completed 1500 in one month. Uploaded couple of images. Enjoying my ride and now planning to go long trip to Uttarakhand (Almora, Bhimtal, Jim Corbette)
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_3616.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_3614.jpg  


Last edited by vivek_pinkoo : 19th May 2015 at 16:02.
vivek_pinkoo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 16:22   #7268
BHPian
 
inder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: nagpur
Posts: 280
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Vivek congrats ! I too have the same side footsteps as yours. Waited for almost a month to get them from Delhi, as I stay in Nagpur. Just wanted to ask you, how much did you pay for the roof carrier and which company/model is it ?
inder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 16:24   #7269
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai/Medellin
Posts: 1,562
Thanked: 292 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo View Post
Now completed 1500 in one month. Uploaded couple of images. Enjoying my ride and now planning to go long trip to Uttarakhand (Almora, Bhimtal, Jim Corbette)
The side steps look great.

Enjoy the trip but plan it quick since the rains will be starting soon and Corbett will inaccessible, also the roads to Almora are prone to landslides during rains.
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 16:36   #7270
BHPian
 
vivek_pinkoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 194
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Vivek congrats ! I too have the same side footsteps as yours. Waited for almost a month to get them from Delhi, as I stay in Nagpur. Just wanted to ask you, how much did you pay for the roof carrier and which company/model is it ?
I got it fitted from the dealer only and it costed aprox 10K (As far as I remember)


Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
The side steps look great.
Enjoy the trip but plan it quick since the rains will be starting soon and Corbett will inaccessible, also the roads to Almora are prone to landslides during rains.
I am going next week from 24th to 29th.

Last edited by ampere : 20th May 2015 at 13:52.
vivek_pinkoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 17:11   #7271
Senior - BHPian
 
fusionbang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 1,011
Thanked: 1,035 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo View Post
Now completed 1500 in one month. Uploaded couple of images. Enjoying my ride and now planning to go long trip to Uttarakhand (Almora, Bhimtal, Jim Corbette)
Congratulations Vivek Even I am getting my car delivered tomorrow and probably I will get the same side steps.

One more question, the alloys look different, are they super speed rims from Mahindra?

Last edited by fusionbang : 19th May 2015 at 17:12.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 17:35   #7272
BHPian
 
vivek_pinkoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 194
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Congratulations Vivek Even I am getting my car delivered tomorrow and probably I will get the same side steps.

One more question, the alloys look different, are they super speed rims from Mahindra?
Thanks.

Alloys are from Dealer and having Mahindra logo. They had one design only. They showed me same designed (bellow image) with black inner but fitted this all silver.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_3613.jpg  


Last edited by vivek_pinkoo : 19th May 2015 at 17:38.
vivek_pinkoo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 17:40   #7273
BHPian
 
supertinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 763
Thanked: 387 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo View Post
Now completed 1500 in one month. Uploaded couple of images. Enjoying my ride and now planning to go long trip to Uttarakhand (Almora, Bhimtal, Jim Corbette)
Congrats Vivek. The speed alloys without the black color look pretty good. The side step design is also very good. Its very uncommon. Normally everyone has the round pipe type which even I have. Recently one of my colleague who got a Xclusive edition got this flat type side step.
supertinu is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 19:50   #7274
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai/Medellin
Posts: 1,562
Thanked: 292 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo View Post
I am going next week from 24th to 29th.
Enjoy and drive safe...and be sure to visit Naukuchiatal if you have the time, it is pretty close to Bhimtal.

I being from Nainital just thought would share some pointers
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 23:17   #7275
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 156
Thanked: 87 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo View Post
Now completed 1500 in one month. Uploaded couple of images.
That Side step looks smart. Also saw it a few days back on an XUV on road.
TheIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra XUV500 vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme vs Renault Duster vs Tata Aria a4anurag SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 116 10th May 2017 15:34
Received a copy of the Coffee Table book on the Mahindra XUV500 from Mahindra Corp. shankar.balan Shifting gears 3 2nd April 2012 16:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks