Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2015, 17:44   #7471
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,610
Thanked: 7,112 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
Fellow XUV owners,

Just wanted to inform you all that I have received the update to my maps....


Mine is a pre facelift XUV and the earlier version of my maps was 8.1 and last week I got an update done at the MASS and the new version is now 9.0.

Attaching a picture of the SW version for reference.
...
Thanks for the update. What are the new changes in the version 9 that you have noticed (besides the missing house/building numbes)?
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2015, 17:57   #7472
adu
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 91
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Thanks for the update. What are the new changes in the version 9 that you have noticed (besides the missing house/building numbes)?

SDP, can't really notice much of a difference compared to the earlier version. Was there an option of an auto day/night screen display option in version 8.1? If not, then it is available now.

The menu remains the same, however I do feel the GPS connecting much faster than it did before. I believe the number of cities, roads and POI's has increased in this newer version.
adu is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2015, 18:44   #7473
Senior - BHPian
 
J.Ravi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,219
Thanked: 4,056 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
Was there an option of an auto day/night screen display option in version 8.1? If not, then it is available now.
Mine is version 8.0 that has the auto day/night map display option.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2015, 18:50   #7474
adu
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 91
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Mine is version 8.0 that has the auto day/night map display option.

Thanks for confirming Ravi. Then I guess the difference is very minimal with just new roads, cities and POI being added. In this case the house numbers not being supported actually makes it a downgrade than an upgrade :-).
adu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2015, 06:13   #7475
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Bangaluru
Posts: 70
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
Fellow XUV owners,

Just wanted to inform you all that I have received the update to my maps. ...

After using it for about a week now, what I have realized is that the house/ building numbers that were reflecting on the 8.1 version is not supported on the new version. I checked with my RM and he confirmed the same and mentioned that there maybe a new software update that might be released but he does not know when.
Hi! Thanks for the info. My W8 AWD will go for the second service in 2 weeks time and I am wondering whether to upgrade (or rather 'downgrade') the map version.

Is there any online resource available on how to find the locations on the GPS - like using road names, house numbers etc? I have been using only the latitude+longitude method and that works very well, and brings me to the exact spot. But that is a bother because I have to first find out the coordinates using google maps. While this is perfect for remote locations, I need to learn a better method for the urban areas.

Thanks so much for your help!
arao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2015, 00:33   #7476
BHPian
 
Tushargohil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 245
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

MapmyIndia Launches map version 9.1; offers enhanced coverage and ease-of-use

http://www.mapmyindia.com/navigator/maps/coverage

http://www.mapmyindia.com/blog/mapmy...d-ease-of-use/
Tushargohil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2015, 12:51   #7477
adu
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 91
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Hi! Thanks for the info. My W8 AWD will go for the second service in 2 weeks time and I am wondering whether to upgrade (or rather 'downgrade') the map version.

Is there any online resource available on how to find the locations on the GPS - like using road names, house numbers etc? I have been using only the latitude+longitude method and that works very well, and brings me to the exact spot. But that is a bother because I have to first find out the coordinates using google maps. While this is perfect for remote locations, I need to learn a better method for the urban areas.

Thanks so much for your help!
The version 8.1 Maps does have option to input road names, locality, city, etc. when you click on the Route button. However, regarding an online resource, sorry my friend, I have no clue.

Also, what my RM mentioned when I went for the upgrade is that the software that was sent across in the pen drive is specifically tagged to my license of the MMI maps and hence cannot be installed in any other vehicles. It was also the reason they had an issue with the display unit and replaced it. So, you may want to check with your RM if they have the updates readily available, else Nippon will have to specifically configure it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
MapmyIndia Launches map version 9.1; offers enhanced coverage and ease-of-use

http://www.mapmyindia.com/navigator/maps/coverage

http://www.mapmyindia.com/blog/mapmy...d-ease-of-use/
Mahindra and Nippon will probably take another year to roll out this update from 9.0 to 9.1 given how long they took to do it from 8.1 to 9.0. Maybe a good thing for all XUV owners on Team-BHP to push for this collectively.
adu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2015, 14:38   #7478
BHPian
 
dionysus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 56
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

....and one day we realized we needed a new car, I would have settled for something smaller (read sportier) but wife insisted we need an SUV to my utter delight. Ten days have gone by and I present the HULK car, the XUV W10 non AWD. GSP motors did a tremendous job at getting the car delivered as per as our wishes.
Attached Images
    
dionysus is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2015, 15:58   #7479
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Bangaluru
Posts: 70
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
Fellow XUV owners,

Just wanted to inform you all that I have received the update to my maps. I had written to Mahindra Customer Care checking on when the update would be available given that it has been over a year since MMI released the new version.

Mine is a pre facelift XUV and the earlier version of my maps was 8.1 and last week I got an update done at the MASS and the new version is now 9.0. Attaching a picture of the SW version for reference.
Who is your MASS, Adu? I got an email from India garage, Bengaluru that the latest version is 8.1 only.

Thanks!
arao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2015, 19:26   #7480
BHPian
 
mannubhai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 409
Thanked: 285 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

The lock button of my car key is broken. How do I fix it ?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20150720_190157.jpg  

mannubhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2015, 21:18   #7481
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,561
Thanked: 3,039 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
The lock button of my car key is broken. How do I fix it ?
Not a fix as such, but you can try this.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015, 12:29   #7482
adu
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 91
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Who is your MASS, Adu? I got an email from India garage, Bengaluru that the latest version is 8.1 only.

Thanks!
The new version seems to be a 'dud in the making'. I do not even have the basic features (like house/ building numbers) that were available in version 8.1. I have taken this matter up with Mahindra Customer Care and they are yet to respond.

I have a feeling this was the earlier version itself reloaded and now is causing problems. The GPS is having trouble connecting and even after 5 minutes, it is still searching and trying to connect to the satellite!

Hence, don't bother with any upgrades. I will provide updates as and when I hear something from Mahindra.
adu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015, 12:53   #7483
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai/Medellin
Posts: 1,556
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dionysus View Post
....and one day we realized we needed a new car, I would have settled for something smaller (read sportier) but wife insisted we need an SUV to my utter delight. Ten days have gone by and I present the HULK car, the XUV W10 non AWD. GSP motors did a tremendous job at getting the car delivered as per as our wishes.
Greay buy enjoy the miles... BTW the list pic shows an award winning emotion...
m_upreti is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015, 13:06   #7484
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 993
Thanked: 1,002 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
The new version seems to be a 'dud in the making'. I do not even have the basic features (like house/ building numbers) that were available in version 8.1. I have taken this matter up with Mahindra Customer Care and they are yet to respond.
If you read the list of features available from the first link shared by Tushar, it says the house/builiding number is available in premium map. So I am sensing Mahindra has provided us with the basic version of maps and hence the new update is not giving that option.

Can you confirm with Mahindra if they are offering Premium maps to XUV or the basic one?
fusionbang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015, 13:37   #7485
adu
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 91
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

I will do that fusionbang. Do follow up with me in a couple go weeks in the event I forget to update you all.
adu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra XUV500 vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme vs Renault Duster vs Tata Aria a4anurag SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 113 20th December 2016 16:13
Received a copy of the Coffee Table book on the Mahindra XUV500 from Mahindra Corp. shankar.balan Shifting gears 3 2nd April 2012 16:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks