Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2011, 14:27   #1051
BHPian
 
anandtheleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 348
Thanked: 176 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy

Only when using the DIPPER it will switch off, Normally both remain switched on, Also in the AUTO-MODE high beam wont work only dipper will
I can confirm that, just now checked it while showing the vehicle to my brother.
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2011, 17:28   #1052
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,660
Thanked: 7,517 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Saw the XUV at night for the first time 2 days back. The LEDs looked nice, but not as noticeable as I had expected.

Visited the showroom again today (as it was on the way) and asked the SA to show me the LEDs when they are On. The TD car was parked outside in broad daylight and I really struggled to find out if the LEDs are on or off.

Wish they were brighter.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2011, 17:43   #1053
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,253
Thanked: 622 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Saw the XUV at night for the first time 2 days back. The LEDs looked nice, but not as noticeable as I had expected.

Visited the showroom again today (as it was on the way) and asked the SA to show me the LEDs when they are On. The TD car was parked outside in broad daylight and I really struggled to find out if the LEDs are on or off.

Wish they were brighter.
Ya that's right. They are not at all bright like Audi's merc etc. Yesterday me and my wife were driving down in the afternoon when i thought lets put the LED's on and showoff a little, however when i put them on, i could not see them at the back of other cars. So i pulled over and asked my wife to check if they are on or not. Initially she couldn't see any LED's, whereas i kept on trying all option on the stick. Thought LED's have gone kaput, but then suddenly wife shouted from outside "its on now".
So all in all, they are not that bright and more for late evening or night lights. So instead of naming them DRL (Daytime Running Lights) i think we should name it ENRL (Evening Night Running Lights)
nitinralli is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2011, 17:57   #1054
BHPian
 
zteg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore/Bangalore
Posts: 323
Thanked: 76 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
So all in all, they are not that bright and more for late evening or night lights. So instead of naming them DRL (Daytime Running Lights) i think we should name it ENRL (Evening Night Running Lights)
They are not DRLs. It is mentioned in the first page of this thread (Search for DRL).
zteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2011, 18:10   #1055
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,660
Thanked: 7,517 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
They are not DRLs. It is mentioned in the first page of this thread (Search for DRL).
zteg, we understand that and have read the review. The interesting thing is quite a few Mahindra SAs keep on referring to those as DRLs.

My point is that if Mahindra decided to add LEDs to the headlight cluster, why not go the whole hog and give a proper DRL unit? Or is it just too expensive?
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2011, 18:26   #1056
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 2,022 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
My point is that if Mahindra decided to add LEDs to the headlight cluster, why not go the whole hog and give a proper DRL unit? Or is it just too expensive?
Mahindra has never said that those are DRLs. It just referred that way by ill informed media people & sales people.

Mahindra had clearly written those are LED parking lights.

As to why Mahindra did not give DRLs, I am glad that they dint! It looks El cheapo & more like the kind the taxi wallas put for 50 Rs.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2011, 19:08   #1057
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,253
Thanked: 622 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
They are not DRLs. It is mentioned in the first page of this thread (Search for DRL).
I know, its the mahindra sales guys and other ill informed people who says they are DRL's.
nitinralli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2011, 21:08   #1058
BHPian
 
noidaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Noida
Posts: 994
Thanked: 260 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
zteg, we understand that and have read the review. The interesting thing is quite a few Mahindra SAs keep on referring to those as DRLs.

My point is that if Mahindra decided to add LEDs to the headlight cluster, why not go the whole hog and give a proper DRL unit? Or is it just too expensive?
I think they will be DRL's in the export model as its will be mandatory outside and same model of the XUV will be exported. In india they are only Parking LED lamps
noidaboy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2011, 22:18   #1059
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,253
Thanked: 622 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

I am having one issue related to Ipod connectivity with XUV's USB. I cant seem to locate my Podcast folder that i have in my Ipod. Does anyone who uses podcast and owns XUV noticed this and know what i need to do to see it?
nitinralli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 10:08   #1060
BHPian
 
GunMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 115
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Guys,

I have an issue in the head light throw. In the attached pic, do you see a dark spot resembling a triangle, on the RHS ?

Unable to identify the reason for that dark spot. It could be a LED running light part, obstructing the throw or may be there is an issue in the light.. Cant figure out. Showed the RM, but since it was day time, couldnt figure out much. HE wants to check the car and revert .

Is any one facing this issue ?
Hi Manoj,
Couldn't conclude from the photo if there's a small wall in front of your XUV, and, if the well-lit road, cars and the street lights are behind such wall. Looking at the horizontal black line halfway above the photo, I am assuming it is and your XUV lights are cast against that wall.

If so, then relax. It is consistent with the international standards applicable for a left-hand traffic country like ours. Please check the attached light alignment guide to get a better understanding. (Note, the light pattern shown there is for right-hand traffic).

http://www.coolbulbs.com/HID-VISUAL-...-PROCEDURE.pdf (Copyright/s of the document belong to the respective owner/s)

If my above assumption (wall in front of XUV) is not correct, then please take it to the Mahindra A.S.S. The pattern shouldn't be so strongly visible if cast on a normal paved road in front of the vehicle.

Cheers!
GunMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 16:18   #1061
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,568
Thanked: 304 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Ya that's right. They are not at all bright like Audi's merc etc. Yesterday me and my wife were driving down in the afternoon when i thought lets put the LED's on and showoff a little, however when i put them on, i could not see them at the back of other cars. So i pulled over and asked my wife to check if they are on or not. Initially she couldn't see any LED's, whereas i kept on trying all option on the stick. Thought LED's have gone kaput, but then suddenly wife shouted from outside "its on now".
So all in all, they are not that bright and more for late evening or night lights. So instead of naming them DRL (Daytime Running Lights) i think we should name it ENRL (Evening Night Running Lights)
I purchased a LED strip (Rs. 150 / ft) and got it installed in my Scorpio, for 300 Rs. It is quiet bright and visible prominently during the day also.

Last edited by m_upreti : 28th November 2011 at 16:19.
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 16:24   #1062
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 2,022 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
I purchased a LED strip (Rs. 150 / ft) and got it installed in my Scorpio, for 300 Rs. It is quiet bright and visible prominently during the day also.
can we have some pics please?
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 20:40   #1063
BHPian
 
zteg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore/Bangalore
Posts: 323
Thanked: 76 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Posted on XUV500 facebook page. Owners please comment.

"Ok, I got delivery about 10 days ago.
All I did is 200 KMs in this car so far.

These are my first/worst experiences

1. There is this nagging noise from the central console (The so called infotainment system. I don't seem to get this noise from my friends' XUVs. Guess some QC issue with Mahindra or the OEM?

2. Increase the volume above 50%. Both the front door speakers start "jarring" Did someone say JBL speakers?

3. I go over any speed bump in Bangalore. The hill descent malfunction light comes up automatically."Super sensitive" I guess.

4. You exceed 90KMs.The tire pressure warning comes up automatically. I call up the service center About to talk about tire. Even before I explained, the guy asks ."At what speed do you get this problem?". THEY KNOW.

All initial reviews had some questions around the "quality" of the electronics. Here I am. Living proof.

CAR OF THE YEAR? LET'S SEE"

Last edited by zteg : 28th November 2011 at 20:42.
zteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 21:42   #1064
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,660
Thanked: 7,517 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Posted on XUV500 facebook page. Owners please comment.

"Ok, I got delivery about 10 days ago.
All I did is 200 KMs in this car so far.

These are my first/worst experiences

1. There is this nagging noise from the central console (The so called infotainment system. I don't seem to get this noise from my friends' XUVs. Guess some QC issue with Mahindra or the OEM?

2. Increase the volume above 50%. Both the front door speakers start "jarring" Did someone say JBL speakers?

3. I go over any speed bump in Bangalore. The hill descent malfunction light comes up automatically."Super sensitive" I guess.

4. You exceed 90KMs.The tire pressure warning comes up automatically. I call up the service center About to talk about tire. Even before I explained, the guy asks ."At what speed do you get this problem?". THEY KNOW.

All initial reviews had some questions around the "quality" of the electronics. Here I am. Living proof.

CAR OF THE YEAR? LET'S SEE"
The jarring noise has been reported by at least couple of XUV owner BHPians. TPMS has been an issue from Scorpio days. Other problems are new.

I still believe, XUV has a good chance to be the "Car of the Year". I mean, come on, even the potato inspired Xylo has been the car of the year

Last edited by SDP : 28th November 2011 at 21:46.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 00:18   #1065
BHPian
 
f@lcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 40
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Posted on XUV500 facebook page. Owners please comment.

"Ok, I got delivery about 10 days ago.
All I did is 200 KMs in this car so far.

These are my first/worst experiences

1. There is this nagging noise from the central console (The so called infotainment system. I don't seem to get this noise from my friends' XUVs. Guess some QC issue with Mahindra or the OEM?

2. Increase the volume above 50%. Both the front door speakers start "jarring" Did someone say JBL speakers?

3. I go over any speed bump in Bangalore. The hill descent malfunction light comes up automatically."Super sensitive" I guess.

4. You exceed 90KMs.The tire pressure warning comes up automatically. I call up the service center About to talk about tire. Even before I explained, the guy asks ."At what speed do you get this problem?". THEY KNOW.

All initial reviews had some questions around the "quality" of the electronics. Here I am. Living proof.

CAR OF THE YEAR? LET'S SEE"


The speakers and HU are of Nippon brand. Even i am facing the jarring problem with my car(check my old posts for details).There is no solution for jarring sound as of now.I don't have any other problems apart from this.

Report the problems to RM it will get solved i think it needs a software update.

Thanks
f@lcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra XUV500 vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme vs Renault Duster vs Tata Aria a4anurag SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 116 10th May 2017 15:34
Received a copy of the Coffee Table book on the Mahindra XUV500 from Mahindra Corp. shankar.balan Shifting gears 3 2nd April 2012 16:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks