Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

So is it 600 cr or 850 cr?
Old 19th October 2011, 21:06   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Wow that factory is really very impressive. Hope they can do something to increase production and reduce the waiting period. Also, wondering why the AWD is not available in Red and Silver. Is there a technical reason to it or just that M&M decided they will not give all variants in all colors.

With few XUVs on the road now, we hope to get some initial ownership feedback and i am sure its going to be quite positive since our own TBHP review has given it .

I had the opportunity to get a closer look at it and I was really surprised by the workmanship and paint quality. Truly worth appreciating.
Old 19th October 2011, 21:14   #498

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
dear all,
I have just been communicated from the dealership that my XUV will be available for delivery by 25th Oct.
The issue : while I had booked the W8 AWD , they have processed my booking for the W8 FWD !!! Now I am communicated that even my booking receipt says FWD and not AWD.
On asking them to clear this mis-understanding, I was categorically told that if I choose not to pay up by 25th Oct, my booking would be cancelled and transfered to the next person in queue :-(
Further, I can't even change this booking to AWD as the company has stopped taking any orders ...
I have time till tomm to confirm the status now.
Guys, since this is my very first SUV and I have always wanted to conquer Leh/Ladhak in this, would I face any issues in achieving this dream with the FWD version?
I am not a hardcore off-roader, however always harboured the dream of owning an SUV which could be potent enough of over coming an off road situation that may come up on account of a Leh travel and/or other such places.
Pls pls advice me with your views on whether there will be a major set back by going for the FWD version ?
Eagerly await your advice
Many thanks in advance
Sid
Oh man! after a huge mail chain with Mahindra asking them why delivery would take so long for my XUV, they finally told me to change my booking of the white W8 AWD to FWD, even though i had booked a W8 FWD in moondust silver!

After telling them to check again, they haven't got back. Now i'm hoping this hasn't happened to me too

Sid, where did you get your booking done from?
Old 19th October 2011, 21:24   #499
Senior - BHPian

I dont know if you guys noticed, few of the people who got the delivery (i.e.Sid) were promised a late date (i.e.11 dec for Sid). I dont remember but their's another Bhpian too who got the delivery but he is not that active on this thread any more (maybe he is really enjoying his new love). Is Mahindra trying to play safe and telling people all kind of weird delivery dates like March 12 but then providing the vehicle earlier.
Old 19th October 2011, 21:30   #500
BHPian

@Mannubhai & other enviable XUV owners!

What's your take on that "fridge" like door handle? Is it more natural and easy to use?

Or, often you open and then wonder where that chilled bottle is??
Old 19th October 2011, 21:40   #501

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I dont know if you guys noticed, few of the people who got the delivery (i.e.Sid) were promised a late date (i.e.11 dec for Sid). I dont remember but their's another Bhpian too who got the delivery but he is not that active on this thread any more (maybe he is really enjoying his new love). Is Mahindra trying to play safe and telling people all kind of weird delivery dates like March 12 but then providing the vehicle earlier.
I like the way you think

! i'm hoping for a miracle like that too, maybe stated deliveries in march actually mean December in Mahindra lingo
Old 19th October 2011, 22:37   #502
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for a wonderful review.
This Mahindra seals the coffin of the Aria and many more in the competition.. sedans and suv's up and down the range alike.

This is exactly what the Indian customer should get for his buck.
Hope all the competitors learn, Indians, american, European and Japs included.
Old 19th October 2011, 22:48   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_sage View Post

Sid, where did you get your booking done from?
I got my booking done through Sterling Motor Co, Gurgaon.
Just checked my booking receipts :
Remarks : BEING AMT. REC. AGAINST BOOKING FOR XUV 500 W8 7STR F.BLACK

It actually doesnt mention AWD at all

Can all other members who have booked from Sterling Motor Co, gurgaon confirm if their booking receipts mention AWD specifically?

Not sure what I can do now!
Old 19th October 2011, 22:51   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I dont know if you guys noticed, few of the people who got the delivery (i.e.Sid) were promised a late date (i.e.11 dec for Sid). .
Hey Nitin, I am delighted that the Mahindra has outperformed on the delivery date... however completely taken aback at the change/confusion in the variant (from AWD to W8 FWD).
Hope you get the correct variant & an earlier delivery!
Old 19th October 2011, 22:56   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just checked my booking receipts :
Remarks : BEING AMT. REC. AGAINST BOOKING FOR XUV 500 W8 7STR F.BLACK

It actually doesnt mention AWD at all

Can all other members who have booked from Sterling Motor Co, gurgaon confirm if their booking receipts mention AWD specifically?

Not sure what I can do now!
Its extremely unfortunate that you may not be able to get the AWD XUV due to this mis-understanding. But regarding your earlier post I feel there is no need to worry about your planned leh trip. Unless you are into serious and proper off-roading then there is not much use of the AWD.
However if you are too keen to get the AWD try and escalate this with the dealership and the Mahindra top bosses too. And in case nothing happens still cancel your booking and book one again later. Who knows by that time you might have an another interesting option in the Merlin.
Old 19th October 2011, 22:58   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
What does that challan say ? If it says AWD, then you can even sue the dealer.

Let us know what is the entry on the Challan.
The Challan rather the booking amount receipt does not mention AWD
But I specifically recollect re-confirming the AWD model with the XUV advisor at sterling motor co. In all my subsequent conversations (through the month to check on the issue around the booking date - 30th Sept Vs 4th Oct) with them I always mentioned that I had booked an AWD.

anyways, will go & chat up with the dealership again tomm.
thx
Old 19th October 2011, 23:02   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Nitin, I am delighted that the Mahindra has outperformed on the delivery date... however completely taken aback at the change/confusion in the variant (from AWD to W8 FWD).
Hope you get the correct variant & an earlier delivery!
Well i guess Mahindra will not be able to do that cause my receipt says clearly its W6. But i hope that they do not provide me delivery before December as i have parking issue rightnow as my house is getting re-constructed.

So what have you thought about the delivery? Since now you know that your receipt was for W8 and not AWD, so you cant really blame them. i would still say that go ahead and take it as you would really not miss AWD. To top it all, the money you save by doing this, can be used to upgrade ICE
Old 19th October 2011, 23:05   #508

Quote:
Me too, and I think they've really made a mess of things. I checked my receipt, luckily mine does say W8 FWD Moondust silver.
I think you should get intouch with the senior management in Mahindra and tell them your issue. However the fact that your receipt does not say which model does kind of complicate things. I guess the Mods can throw more light on it.
Old 19th October 2011, 23:45   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia
The Challan rather the booking amount receipt does not mention AWD
But I specifically recollect re-confirming the AWD model with the XUV advisor at sterling motor co. In all my subsequent conversations (through the month to check on the issue around the booking date - 30th Sept Vs 4th Oct) with them I always mentioned that I had booked an AWD.

anyways, will go & chat up with the dealership again tomm.
thx
Sid,
It's unfortunate there's no mention of AWD in the receipt. Certainly try your luck with the dealership and also with M&M if it warrants.

However, keep cool and ponder over this. You have two choices.
1. Go ahead with W8 FWD and, while enjoying it, you can keep wondering how the AWD might tackle those odd conditions which you never faced (or, stare AWD owners with envy)!

2. Cancel your booking and keep wondering how XUV would fare against your current ride - either during each ride or even in between. (i.e., stare all XUV owners with envy)!!

Option 1 is any day better in my humble opinion.
Old 20th October 2011, 00:00   #510
BHPian

Mahindra is Known for notorious price hikes of their models. Case in example is Xylo since 2009 there has been 15% price increase as of October 2011 for same BSIII version with No value additions.

In year 2010 theGovt rolled back of economic stimulus resulting in excise duty increase of 4% IIRC still the price hike is steep for a product like Xylo .

(Xylo2009 Launch Prices to current 2011 ex-showroom Delhi)

2009 Launch Price E2: Rs 6,24,500/- Current 2011 Price D2 RS.720200
With down graded m2di engine price hike is nearly 1L for base model

Xylo E4 2009 Launch price: Rs 6,69,000/- 2011 price E4 Rs.783200
Price increase 1.15L since 2009

Xylo E6 2009 Launch price: rs 7,32,000/- 2011 Price E6 Rs.837800
Price increase of 1.05L since 2009

Xylo E8 2009 Launch price: Rs 7,69,500/- 2011 Price E8 Rs. 887700
Price increase of 1.18L since 2009

Will Mahindra increase XUV 5oo prices in similar Xyloprice hike pattern or even more steeper?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks