Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2014, 09:43   #1501
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 865
Thanked: 231 Times
Default

Autocar India has stated, Rapid is on a discount of at least 1 L (even on MY 14) since the facelift is on its way. Maybe that is the reason why different variants like Ultima are released to clear inventory. Also found out that there are hardly any MY 13 cars available and the discount on those is as much as 1.5L or even more depending on your negotiating skills.
zulfi hansi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2014, 10:52   #1502
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6
Thanked: 2 Times
Smile Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Hi folks,
I own a Ventojoints at the wheel kms done). Recently after my Ahmedabad trip, I started hearing some minor noise from front suspension - it comes when I am going over a bump or similar. Also hearing it when I turn the wheel at when stationary. I showed it to the VW workshop, they have asked me to come back and keep the car for a day.

Considering both the cars are almost identical, has anyone experienced this or read/heard about this? A bit concerned as the suspension clearly is out of warranty context. Would definitely like to hear feedback from this forum if available.
Sounds like your car has a problem with worn out ball joints, get a firm grip on the wheel and attempt to sort of swing the tyre from side to side and check for noticeable play. Good luck and all the best with sorting out your problem
Countache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2014, 23:10   #1503
BHPian
 
motorworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 514
Thanked: 185 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipto_ray View Post
Respected Team BHP-ians.



My first post to this Forum, and I am truly excited! I have been an ardent follower of T-BHP, and I must say that the amount of knowledge and insights I have gained herein is truly unparalleled.



Have been planning on a new car for a while now, and loved the Skoda Rapid given the recent additions to its feature list! My question looking at the news and information - would it make sense to hold back for new Euro Spec Skoda Rapid if it is coming by year end? I hear that it will be a completely new Rapid. What is the likelihood of the current one becoming a discontinued model with the launch of the new one? If I go for it, will there be any issues with the current model in terms of service / parts over the next 3-5 years?



Any advice or guidance will be much appreciated ...

Hey welcome to team bhp!
With regard to the Rapid, like many people have mentioned here, there is just going to be a minor facelift. I don't think it's going to be much in terms of changes. I have had the rapid for 2 years now and it's a great car if you enjoy driving. The engine is amazing and will thrill you with its torquey nature. I wouldn't say the same about the city, which may be a safer bet, but will surely not provide the overall feel if the Rapid especially high speed stability. If you like driving then pick up a current Rapid at a good discount and you won't regret.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2014, 15:25   #1504
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 68
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Is any faced issued with middle AC blowers in rapid? In my car both middle AC blowers seems to be blocked. Gave the car to ASS. As per them Skoda will provide some kind of software to update. If software won't work then they will replace some part. I am not sure on the part he mentioned.
kalpurja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2014, 20:59   #1505
BHPian
 
manas27587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 141
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

I have broken vents and the orignal ones cost abt 4.5k
manas27587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2014, 21:11   #1506
BHPian
 
500ContyCruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KA25
Posts: 504
Thanked: 320 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
I have broken vents and the orignal ones cost abt 4.5k
AC vents?

Which side?

I replaced right side AC vent in my car and bill came about ₹900+.

For the middle ones it costs around ₹1,800+ Tax.
500ContyCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2014, 21:22   #1507
BHPian
 
manas27587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 141
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
AC vents?



Which side?



I replaced right side AC vent in my car and bill came about ₹900+.



For the middle ones it costs around ₹1,800+ Tax.

I have both middle and 1 driver side broken
manas27587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2014, 23:10   #1508
BHPian
 
500ContyCruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KA25
Posts: 504
Thanked: 320 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
I have both middle and 1 driver side broken
Appears to be expensive! It should have been below 4K including Tax.

Is the new kind with Chrome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurja View Post
Is any faced issued with middle AC blowers in rapid? In my car both middle AC blowers seems to be blocked. Gave the car to ASS. As per them Skoda will provide some kind of software to update. If software won't work then they will replace some part. I am not sure on the part he mentioned.
I doubt it would because of outdated software. Ask them to clean AC vents and check.
500ContyCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2014, 23:15   #1509
BHPian
 
manas27587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 141
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Nope. Without chrome. Including tax.
manas27587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2014, 00:46   #1510
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 4
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Hey welcome to team bhp!
With regard to the Rapid, like many people have mentioned here, there is just going to be a minor facelift. I don't think it's going to be much in terms of changes. I have had the rapid for 2 years now and it's a great car if you enjoy driving. The engine is amazing and will thrill you with its torquey nature. I wouldn't say the same about the city, which may be a safer bet, but will surely not provide the overall feel if the Rapid especially high speed stability. If you like driving then pick up a current Rapid at a good discount and you won't regret.
Thanks much for the warm welcome ! I drove this car and was blown away. What a machine ..... and what a significant difference from the Vento. Was wondering about the Ultima - foils/stickers aside, would they give something significantly different, or would that be something I can get fitted on a regular one? Curious to know what our fellow T-BHPians feel.
sudipto_ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2014, 09:05   #1511
BHPian
 
narsi_6989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: TN 13/KA 53
Posts: 215
Thanked: 142 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipto_ray View Post
Thanks much for the warm welcome ! I drove this car and was blown away. What a machine ..... and what a significant difference from the Vento. Was wondering about the Ultima - foils/stickers aside, would they give something significantly different, or would that be something I can get fitted on a regular one? Curious to know what our fellow T-BHPians feel.
It is a beautiful machine indeed. I booked one yesterday and I went for the normal elegance variant as I did not want the side foils and stickers of the Ultima. Also with Ultima what they have done is that they have increased the ex-showroom price and it crossed 10 lakh in Chennai which means I pay extra tax and everything extra. I clearly did not want to go for the hidden costs hence avoided it.

The bad part is that I was not offered anything considerable for the Elegance variant. They are offering free insurance and another 10k benefit for Ultima and this comes to 11.70 lakh OTR in chennai.

They offered extended warranty and another 5k discount for me in Elegance. The OTR is 11.26 lakh in my case. They also offered interest rate of 8.10% for 5 years.

I would advice you to bargain hard.

Another negative for me was that there is only one dealer in Chennai.
narsi_6989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2014, 17:34   #1512
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: bangalore
Posts: 29
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

I finally bought a Skoda Rapid Elegance AT which was delivered to me during the final week of February 2014. Although I had booked an Ambition VIN13 in December, I cancelled it for the sake of Automatic Climate Control (ACC) since I believed it would be a very good add-on for the car.

My initial experience with the car has been a mixed one. Although I'm extremely satisfied with the driving experience, stability at high speeds & NVH levels (clocked 185kmph) without changing the Audio; I'm a bit disappointed with the fuel efficiency.

I use ACC with 22 degrees at any point and the milage so far has been 7 km/l inspite of driving with soft feet; releasing the accelerator at 2000 rpm to facilitate gear shift although I'm a nervous driver constantly braking. I guess the low milage has something to do with the later.

Any inputs on driving style for improving FE with AT cars would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Peter
dspeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2014, 19:38   #1513
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,964
Thanked: 6,433 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspeter View Post

My initial experience with the car has been a mixed one. Although I'm extremely satisfied with the driving experience, stability at high speeds & NVH levels (clocked 185kmph) without changing the Audio; I'm a bit disappointed with the fuel efficiency.

I use ACC with 22 degrees at any point and the milage so far has been 7 km/l inspite of driving with soft feet; releasing the accelerator at 2000 rpm to facilitate gear shift although I'm a nervous driver constantly braking. I guess the low milage has something to do with the later.

Any inputs on driving style for improving FE with AT cars would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Peter
Firstly congrats on the purchase. The rapid AT is a great value for money sedan IMO.

On the mileage, few questions first. How many km on the odo? What are the traffic conditions? What speeds do you drive at? My vento tsi started off at 7 kmpl in heavy traffic conditions for the initial 300km. Now it is around 10-11 in heavy traffic.
Constant braking will impact mileage since it means the gear box is constantly shifting up and down. So any benefit you gained by driving with a soft foot is lost. The sweet spot for the best mileage is steady driving 60-80 kmph.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2014, 20:56   #1514
BHPian
 
Pferdestarke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vijayawada
Posts: 378
Thanked: 440 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspeter View Post
Although I'm extremely satisfied with the driving experience, stability at high speeds & NVH levels (clocked 185kmph) without changing the Audio; I'm a bit disappointed with the fuel efficiency.
Congrats on your Rapid and welcome to the 'Club Rapid'. I suggest you to be easy on your ride at least till you touch 1500 kms mark and follow this thread (ARTICLE: How to Run-In your new car). Regarding FE, you need not worry about it so early as the figures shall improve down the time with the engine opening up. Wish you happy mile crunching.
Pferdestarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2014, 10:37   #1515
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: bangalore
Posts: 29
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

[quote=Rajeevraj;3396593]

On the mileage, few questions first. How many km on the odo?

Peter - 400KM at the moment. First full tank was refueled at 370km.

What are the traffic conditions? What speeds do you drive at?

Peter - Medium to Heavy traffic. Usually within city limits I do not exceed 50km. I'm a fairly new driver, still driving with learning license ;-) Top speed was clocked by a close relative.

My vento tsi started off at 7 kmpl in heavy traffic conditions for the initial 300km. Now it is around 10-11 in heavy traffic.

Peter - Thats quite encouraging and looking forward to those stats on my ODO :-)
dspeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Rapid (MPI Elegance MT): Test-drives & Initial Ownership Report smydtt Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 32 29th September 2016 19:09
Skoda Laura vRS : Test Drive & Review Rehaan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 177 1st January 2014 23:40
A red hot rapid install in a red hot (Skoda) Rapid Samridh In-Car Entertainment 28 18th August 2013 00:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks