Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2014, 10:36   #1561
BHPian
 
500ContyCruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KA25
Posts: 501
Thanked: 319 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Yesterday evening visited Skoda service center (Vinayak Skoda, Oklipuram, Bangalore) for general checkup.

Here is the list of all 16 check points

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140507_17_04_13_pro.jpg

They have major Summer Checkup drive running on 25th May (Sunday). Along with above check points, they will invite their OEM vendors (Good Year tyres, battery and other vendors).

This should be a good opportunity to all Skoda owners.

Yesterday they updated my car with latest software. Engine noise has reduced drastically (as such there was no problem earlier).
Now the car sounds like Petrol car
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2014, 10:44   #1562
BHPian
 
Pferdestarke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vijayawada
Posts: 378
Thanked: 440 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Yesterday they updated my car with latest software. Engine noise has reduced drastically (as such there was no problem earlier). Now the car sounds like Petrol car
Commendable initiative by Skoda India. Seems like they are finally trying to hit the spot. Good to hear that the engine noise has reduced with firmware update. Looking forward to my appointment in the next week. BTW have you availed the lounge seating and welcome drink? Thanks for the check-list mate!
Pferdestarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2014, 11:34   #1563
BHPian
 
500ContyCruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KA25
Posts: 501
Thanked: 319 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Commendable initiative by Skoda India. Seems like they are finally trying to hit the spot. Good to hear that the engine noise has reduced with firmware update. Looking forward to my appointment in the next week. BTW have you availed the lounge seating and welcome drink? Thanks for the check-list mate!
Yes.. Indeed they appear to have waken up.

I had conversation with Service Manager and was explaining him on general public notion of Skoda A.S.S and they are working on certain aspect. However Skoda still has long way to go for creating good impression on its valuable customers.

Na.. They do not have the lounge as mentioned in your post. Guess its available only in Vijayawada.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 01:27   #1564
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 58
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Since your requirement is a petrol car and hassle free ownership nothing beats Honda City.

But if you decide to explore what true cars are and what pleasure a German sedan give then there is no better option than VW Vento 1.2 TSi.


Test drive a Vento 1.2 TSi and City 1.5 CVT back to back on highway & street roads and decide what works best for you.
Today I drove a Rapid Diesel and petrol and that was after driving a City petrol yesterday.

Firstly, I am currently driving a six year old Tata Indica DLS, so any, and I mean any, car would seem great to me.

The City was a pleasure to drive but Holy Cow....I was simply blown away by the Rapid. The driving quality is way superior to the City and I loved every minute of it. Honestly.

Now comes the question of taking the decision..well, I would still go for the City since ASS is an issue and the mileage is better

I have lost my heart to the Rapid, but the head says ..go for the City.

So Honda City, here I come...
nda992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 15:35   #1565
Senior - BHPian
 
el lobo 6061's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,454
Thanked: 932 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nda992 View Post
Today I drove a Rapid Diesel and petrol and that was after driving a City petrol yesterday.

-SNIP-

I have lost my heart to the Rapid, but the head says ..go for the City.

So Honda City, here I come...
I can very much relate to your experience. I too had upgraded from Indica DLS'03. My heart was pretty much set on Honda City.

A test drive of Vento TDi had me spellbound with that monstrous torque of 250 NM. Both Honda City & Vento TDi HL were priced for 9.13 Ex-Showroom during Dec 2010.

As far as ASS is concerned, I have a friend who is also a bhpian santoshr in Pune who owns a Skoda Rapid TDi and has a good experience with ASS. You could connect with him and get a better understanding.

Today after driving German car I dont like either Japs or Koreans. Even dad used to prefer Honda City, but now he despises it. Even my other car is Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Remapped, which is another fun to drive car.

Have another look at Rapid and I'm sure you would go with your heart. You live only once.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2014, 11:02   #1566
Newbie
 
tpsantu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 18
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Got my Summer Camp Service Check-up done yesterday at TAFE ACCESS, Hosur Road. Was shown the same checklist shared by 500ContyCruiser. Overall vehicle feels slick and smooth. AC System cleaning has improved cooling in the cabin - difference was evident. Overall satisfied with the initiative.

Initially they told it ll take 4 hrs - but they seem to have taken the whole day. I gave my vehicle at 10:30 and got a call at 05:30 only that the vehicle was ready.
tpsantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2014, 11:44   #1567
BHPian
 
500ContyCruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KA25
Posts: 501
Thanked: 319 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpsantu View Post
Got my Summer Camp Service Check-up done yesterday at TAFE ACCESS, Hosur Road. Was shown the same checklist shared by 500ContyCruiser. Overall vehicle feels slick and smooth. AC System cleaning has improved cooling in the cabin - difference was evident. Overall satisfied with the initiative.

Initially they told it ll take 4 hrs - but they seem to have taken the whole day. I gave my vehicle at 10:30 and got a call at 05:30 only that the vehicle was ready.
Strange. For me they finished it in 30-40 minutes.

Hope they have really checked everything in my car.

Anyways I am planning to visit Vinayak Skoda, Oklipuram center on 25th again. As they have some major drive on that day.
500ContyCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2014, 14:38   #1568
BHPian
 
KevinP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 101
Thanked: 57 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Should be visiting TAFE for the 16 point checkup this weekend. The lady on the phone said that its walk in and they have a separate team set up for this and no booking is required. Time frame for the check up - 2 hours!

I intend to wait and watch them while they carry out the work so best i be prepared! I have a sticky left rear window switch i intend to ask them to inspect (lady said they will look into any concerns i have but will be charged?) yet another 2 more months till my first service is due!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpsantu View Post
Initially they told it ll take 4 hrs - but they seem to have taken the whole day. I gave my vehicle at 10:30 and got a call at 05:30 only that the vehicle was ready.
tpsantu were there a number of cars before you? probably reason why they took so long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Strange. For me they finished it in 30-40 minutes..
500ContyCruiser would you be able to share how many cars were before you when you had your check up done?
KevinP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2014, 15:36   #1569
BHPian
 
narsi_6989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: TN 13/KA 53
Posts: 215
Thanked: 142 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Friends,

My car is not even 2 months old. Has run 3300kms on date. Will this 16 point check be necessary for my ride? I had an appointment last week but could not make it to the service center due to personal commitments. I have read people mention their ride being smoother after an update in this check up. Will this be necessary for my new car? Other than that I don't have any concerns out of the points mentioned in the checklist.
narsi_6989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2014, 16:01   #1570
BHPian
 
KevinP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 101
Thanked: 57 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
Friends,

My car is not even 2 months old. Has run 3300kms on date. Will this 16 point check be necessary for my ride? I had an appointment last week but could not make it to the service center due to personal commitments. I have read people mention their ride being smoother after an update in this check up. Will this be necessary for my new car? Other than that I don't have any concerns out of the points mentioned in the checklist.
Going by previous threads, is that they have had the software updated. Assuming yours is a MY14 i think it should be up to date, however not sure when this update was released. I will query when the update was released and get back to you when i go in for my check up.
KevinP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2014, 21:10   #1571
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 36
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

I had been for the summer camp checkup at Vinayak Skoda, KR Puram this Sunday. The checkup was completed in about 45 mins and there is noticeable difference in AC cooling time.
spradheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2014, 21:51   #1572
BHPian
 
500ContyCruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KA25
Posts: 501
Thanked: 319 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
500ContyCruiser would you be able to share how many cars were before you when you had your check up done?
I had gone there for different reason. Recently had replaced Gear Cable and had gone for checkup.

Before returning they also did Summer Checkup. So, there were no vehicles for competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
Going by previous threads, is that they have had the software updated. Assuming yours is a MY14 i think it should be up to date, however not sure when this update was released. I will query when the update was released and get back to you when i go in for my check up.
I did try to get more details on when the update is released and what all does it take care of. However could not get much details on it.

All they mentioned is, this update is very recent. Probably even MY14 owners can cross-check.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2014, 10:31   #1573
BHPian
 
KevinP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 101
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

At TAFE Hosur service centre the guy comes late firstly then says the don't do the vas update during the camp! Frustarati! Raised some hell with the manager and they said they will get it done but it's not part of the camp!? Advised the camp guy go ahead and update vas for customers who request it specifically.

Note to all going for the camp - request the vas update

Still waiting to find out the release date of the update
KevinP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2014, 11:59   #1574
BHPian
 
KevinP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 101
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Update from the service manager is that the vas update is an ems update that lessens the noise levels and was released Dec 13
KevinP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2014, 14:37   #1575
BHPian
 
KevinP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 101
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Got back from the service camp. Took about 2 hours, skipped the free wash cause that would have taken another 4 hours! There were 23 cars in que for a wash.

Throttle feels more responsive, engine quieter and a smoother ride.

I recommend going to get the vas update soon as you can.
KevinP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Rapid (MPI Elegance MT): Test-drives & Initial Ownership Report smydtt Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 32 29th September 2016 19:09
Skoda Laura vRS : Test Drive & Review Rehaan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 177 1st January 2014 23:40
A red hot rapid install in a red hot (Skoda) Rapid Samridh In-Car Entertainment 28 18th August 2013 00:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks