Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 15th August 2014, 10:53   #1741

Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Everything looks good on paper. Unless experts test-drive the new car and certify it, I need to wait.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 11:52   #1742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
The new Rapid 1.5 TDI will have a VGT Turbocharger. So ideally it should have less turbo lag and more power at higher speeds, lighter engine and more fuel efficient. Also the Torque remains the same at 250NM & 103- 104BHP

Question is, Should I wait for the new Rapid or pick the current one

Performance & Handling is the one & only criteria for selecting one of this version. Which one do you guys suggest?

The current one also has a variable geometry turbocharger.

And has some lag, not much.

The new 1.5 is a smaller bore 1.6.
That implies no major structural changes or weight saving.

I would prefer the 1.6 as that's the motor in use internationally and has been reliable. The 1.5 is India specific.

The handling of the rapid is safe and not grin inducing.
Diesel_convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 13:39   #1743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
He mentioned that the face-lifted Yeti is due next, and that has not arrived yet. So the new Rapid is not expected soon, in his opinion.

I booked Rapid Elegance TDI in red color and is eagerly awaiting the car to be allocated. . I didn't want an "updated" 1.5L engine, and was getting good feedback from known owners of the current version.
They told me the same thing about the YETI facelift.
Congrats on your booking, How much does it cost these days, did you get any offer? Do you think the finance package they offer is a good deal.

The rapids diesel engine provides the least mileage in its class, is it true?
How much does it average inside city and on the highway?

I don't want to wait too long to buy the car, but I don't want to feel a fool with a newer model release immediately after I buy, even if its just the black edition or some sweet finance discount deal.
Visaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 15:40   #1744
BHPian

Sorry, my query is off- topic to what is being discussed; but I would appreciate any feedback from MPI petrol owners to share the FE they are getting. After reviewing many posts it seems the FE is just about 12. Could someone share any latest long term ownership report wrt any persistent problems with the car?
IMeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2014, 09:57   #1745
BHPian

Post Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Congrats on your booking, How much does it cost these days, did you get any offer? Do you think the finance package they offer is a good deal.

Thank You. Total on-road price for me came to 11.24L out of which I'm taking 5L as loan from Skoda Finance @ 7% interest. I did not find any other financing options anywhere near that rate, in my searches.

Regarding mileage, I do not have an answer to that, but I'll post the figures as soon as I get the car run enough kilometers. My city driving would be within Bangalore, so I'm expecting it to be on the lower side. I have planned a 1200 KM journey planned over the second week of August too.
Horizon81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 07:19   #1746
BHPian

Quote:
The rapids diesel engine provides the least mileage in its class, is it true? How much does it average inside city and on the highway?
Being a proud owner of Rapid TDI, I'd like to answer this query. On highways with speeds between 80 and 120 I'm getting 20-21 KMPL and inside city it dips down to 14-16 KMPL.
Pferdestarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 07:47   #1747
BHPian

Quote:
T

I would tend to agree. But this is also because of the more powerful engine.
I got a mileage of 17-20 on Highways. But in the city, it has dropped to 12-13, largely because of bumper to bumper driving conditions.

My overall average since purchase with 15% highway and 85% city driving is about 15kmpl.
hrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 08:21   #1748
BHPian

I have driven my Rapid for 12000km now, have been consistently getting a mileage of 16-17 in city(bumper to bumper very few stretch), on highways I drive between 100-120kmph and FE has been steady between 20-21kmpl.
deehunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 08:44   #1749
BHPian

Quote:
I am back here after a year hunting for other cars. Passing through Ford Ecosport, Honda city, Nissan Terrano, Skoda rapid still ranks high on my radar. For its value for money, the European build, the classy look, the powerful engine, the drive comfort, and mainly immediate availability but for the parts, cost, service time and minimal features.
Anyone has info about when the black version is about to be released and what about the new look rapid.
Oh i thought the black rapid is already released. Spotted a black rapid about 10 days back. Was looking cool.
Vahanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2014, 22:19   #1750
BHPian

Do the newer Rapids come with 15" stock rims ( not alloys) for the active and ambition variants? I ask this because mine is a 2012 Rapid and when I was enquiring for a wheel cap the store guy kept asking me if I wanted the big or the small one, whereas I always thought it should be only one size since the stock was always 14" for the active and ambition variants. And is this the same case with the vento?
motorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2014, 23:34   #1751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Do the newer Rapids come with 15" stock rims ( not alloys) for the active and ambition variants?
I'll be visiting TAFE Hosur Road tomorrow to receive delivery of my Rapid. I'll try to get an answer for your question. I did see an 'active' variant with steel rims today at the showroom. Didn't really bother to check the size, though. Where did you inquire about the rims?
Horizon81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2014, 13:08   #1752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
I'll be visiting TAFE Hosur Road tomorrow to receive delivery of my Rapid.
Horizon, I am unable to PM you. I am seriously considering a Rapid from TAFE. If you dont mind, can you please let us know what deal you we able to obtain & the same of the Sales guy ?
venkyhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2014, 13:55   #1753

hi All..

Just completing year with my Rapid, time for the insurance Renewal. Please suggest, if its better to continue with ICICI Lombard or go for anything else??
Bharathi AXA sent me a Quote for 21K for Bumper to Bumper after discount and No Claim bonus. Dont know yet how much would ICICI Lombard would charge.
Any suggestions??

thank You
jeetg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2014, 13:57   #1754

Thank you Kevin, My first service fixed this...
jeetg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2014, 15:21   #1755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Horizon, I am unable to PM you. I am seriously considering a Rapid from TAFE. If you dont mind, can you please let us know what deal you we able to obtain & the same of the Sales guy ?
I do not want to put wrong information here, as I don't have all the info off the top of my head. If this can wait till the weekend is over, I will give you the details after going through all the paper work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Do the newer Rapids come with 15" stock rims ( not alloys) for the active and ambition variants?
Per the SA I checked with, its always been R14 for the stock rims of active variant.
Horizon81 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote