Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2014, 23:09   #1756
BHPian
 
500ContyCruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KA25
Posts: 501
Thanked: 319 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

My car wiper blade or front windshield glass has some problem. During heavy rain, wipers do not clean properly and also make quite a bit of noise.

Showed it to Skoda and they are suggesting to change glass. Replaced wiper blades and it did not help.

Videos:

Normal:


Slow Motion:
500ContyCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2014, 14:05   #1757
BHPian
 
lakshman1067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 50
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpsantu View Post
Just finished 15K service yesterday.

Service Center – TAFE ACCESS, Hosur Road, Bangalore
Cost of Service – Rs. 78XX - including Charged Wheel Balancing and Free of Cost TEFLON coating.

Commendable Job by the service center. Everything was perfect – indeed felt like they treated my car like a baby. Suspension, drive, braking – all feel appropriate.

Come August month end I would complete 1 year with this car – a very memorable year with several trips and not once did it throw up any major issues. Wanted to upgrade ICE on the occasion of 1st year anniversary. I happened to talk with the SA about changing the ICE. They didn’t have any units and they aren’t authorized to do fitting for externally procured sets. Guess I ll have to stick with Stock ICE for some more time – don’t want to meddle with Warranty.

Have you checked with Blaupunkt philadelphia 835 and Kenwood DNX535BT. When I was enquiring with Vinayak Skoda, Sadashiva nagar in bangalore they were ready to install it(Blaupunkt) along with a relay for the steering wheel mounted controls.

I have seen Rapid with blaupunkt and they are just plug and play, no wire cutting is done.Also i checked with Blaupunkt bangalore manager and he confirmed the same about it and offered to fit it with the help of his team.I do not remember his name by try contacting hin using this number in case you need any information - 9740484848.

oh another thing, they cost a bomb. Around 40k+. But they fit in perfectly.
lakshman1067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 14:16   #1758
Senior - BHPian
 
VeluM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,195
Thanked: 555 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
My car wiper blade or front windshield glass has some problem. During heavy rain, wipers do not clean properly and also make quite a bit of noise.

Showed it to Skoda and they are suggesting to change glass. Replaced wiper blades and it did not help.
If you get your car serviced at Vinayak Skoda, I've seen that they put polish (wax-based) on the windscreen after service during the wash. That can cause this juddering/jumping of the wiper.

If you haven't already done so, please have the glass cleaned of the wax, and then see if the issue with the wiper persists. Wipers may also need to be cleaned of wax accumulated from wiping.
VeluM is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 00:06   #1759
BHPian
 
magikrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MH-01
Posts: 441
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Hello,

I took a test drive of the VW Vento few days back and came back really impressed with the Diesel engine. it has a stunning diesel engine. the sales guy said that the torque is in abundant and you won't feel the lag in any gear coz of the VGT.

now I have read everywhere that the Rapid is an improved version of the vento. be it suspension settings, NVH levels or the in gear acceleration and power delivery. so does the Rapid also comes with the VGT like the vento? and hows the gear shifts in diesel compared to vento, which had pretty sleek shifts. also how does the Rapid compare to the vento in ride and handling, power and pick up, in gear acceleration, Turbo lag, and NVH levels. the vento diesel though very entertaining, was a bit noisy inside the cabin. also I think the rapid get projector headlamps unlike vento and has a better deal too at present.

so I think the rapid elegance might make more sense compared to the vento if the above discussed points are better or at least as good as the vento. also what is this "Black Edition" Rapid? is it some special edition of the current 1.6 TDI Rapid like the Vento Konekt? if yes, when is it expected?

The current 1.6TDI engine might be a better option compared to the 1.5TDI which will be launched in the facelifted version.

so people who have driven and experienced both these cars, please give your inputs and feedback. thanks.

Last edited by magikrider : 27th August 2014 at 00:10.
magikrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 08:55   #1760
BHPian
 
deehunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 676
Thanked: 348 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Skoda rapid clearly wins when it comes to throttle response in second and third gears and stability around sharp curves, otherwise not much difference.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 11:48   #1761
BHPian
 
Horizon81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 173
Thanked: 247 Times
Post Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Hello,

I took a test drive of the VW Vento few days back and came back really impressed with the Diesel engine. it has a stunning diesel engine. the sales guy said that the torque is in abundant and you won't feel the lag in any gear coz of the VGT.

now I have read everywhere that the Rapid is an improved version of the vento. be it suspension settings, NVH levels or the in gear acceleration and power delivery. so does the Rapid also comes with the VGT like the vento? and hows the gear shifts in diesel compared to vento, which had pretty sleek shifts. also how does the Rapid compare to the vento in ride and handling, power and pick up, in gear acceleration, Turbo lag, and NVH levels. the vento diesel though very entertaining, was a bit noisy inside the cabin. also I think the rapid get projector headlamps unlike vento and has a better deal too at present.

so I think the rapid elegance might make more sense compared to the vento if the above discussed points are better or at least as good as the vento. also what is this "Black Edition" Rapid? is it some special edition of the current 1.6 TDI Rapid like the Vento Konekt? if yes, when is it expected?

The current 1.6TDI engine might be a better option compared to the 1.5TDI which will be launched in the facelifted version.

so people who have driven and experienced both these cars, please give your inputs and feedback. thanks.
Mine is Rapid Elegance, one week old. We have a Vento(2011) in the family too, belonging to my brother in law. From my experience, you can notice the turbo kicking in, when you drive the Vento, but not so much in the Rapid. In the Vento, you may take this as a good or a bad thing depending on whether you like the kick or see it as turbo lag. The Rapid felt more linear when it comes to power delivery (in the TD vehicle. I'm doing running in for mine, so haven't pushed it hard yet). This gives a feeling of lack of power, but I was pleasantly surprised at the speed I was doing with a lesser feel of the turbo. I haven't seen any mention of VGT on the 1.6 TDI in either the website or in the manual.

Projector headlamps are a major plus. The beam is super sharp and bright. Setting at the correct level will not blind vehicles coming towards you.

No information on the black edition. It may be a small facelift with smoked headlamps and black rims, potentially dual tone black dash board from the Vento (not 100% on this).

Finally, take a TD on the Rapid. The best judge is you, yourself, regardless of whatever anyone says to you on the internet. All the best !
Horizon81 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 12:07   #1762
BHPian
 
500ContyCruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KA25
Posts: 501
Thanked: 319 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
If you get your car serviced at Vinayak Skoda, I've seen that they put polish (wax-based) on the windscreen after service during the wash. That can cause this juddering/jumping of the wiper.

If you haven't already done so, please have the glass cleaned of the wax, and then see if the issue with the wiper persists. Wipers may also need to be cleaned of wax accumulated from wiping.
I have been noticing this problem for quite some time. I usually get my car washed outside and with my presence. Initially I thought the same it could be due to wax or oil (while on road), recently I washed the lemon water, cleaned with paper and the problem still persists.

I will once check with connector spring.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 09:12   #1763
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Delhi
Posts: 40
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

We got home a Candy White Skoda Rapid MPI MT this Sunday. Hoping to post a hassle free uneventful initial ownership report in a month's time!
IMeMyself is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 22:10   #1764
BHPian
 
devil_in_flesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 89
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMeMyself View Post
We got home a Candy White Skoda Rapid MPI MT this Sunday. Hoping to post a hassle free uneventful initial ownership report in a month's time!
Congrats. hoping to get mine in the same colour in a weeks time. We can both write comparative ownership reviews. Mines a White MPI MT Elegance. Which variant have you gotten?
devil_in_flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 10:17   #1765
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Delhi
Posts: 40
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_in_flesh View Post
Congrats. hoping to get mine in the same colour in a weeks time. We can both write comparative ownership reviews. Mines a White MPI MT Elegance. Which variant have you gotten?
Thanks & congrats to you too. We got the Ambition Plus variant. Was Candy White your first choice?
IMeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 11:12   #1766
BHPian
 
hrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 837
Thanked: 255 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
I have been noticing this problem for quite some time. I usually get my car washed outside and with my presence. Initially I thought the same it could be due to wax or oil (while on road), recently I washed the lemon water, cleaned with paper and the problem still persists.

I will once check with connector spring.
I have a similar issue after I moved to Hella Dynaedge wipers. Excessive noise at times and streak marks. Planning to do a thorough wash of the windshield and see if it helps, else will revert to the Original Skoda wipers.

I think in your case, it is to do with the wiper blades. Since you have already cleaned the glass surface. Try to avoid changing the front glass, since the year of manufacture is mentioned on the glass, you may have to convince a keen potential buyer that it has not been replaced in an accident.

Anther option is to take it to windshield experts. They usually have a solution for windshields which have minor scratches.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 10:19   #1767
BHPian
 
devil_in_flesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 89
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMeMyself View Post
Thanks & congrats to you too. We got the Ambition Plus variant. Was Candy White your first choice?
No, White wasn't my first choice. I had initially liked the Cappuccino Beige, but long term maintenance as also a longer waiting period for the Beige made me choose the white. I am buying the car from Dehradun, what is the manufacturing month and year of your car? Have you checked it using the Teambhp Help Articles? Mines May 2014, from the chassis number of the vehicle provided by the dealer.
devil_in_flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 11:43   #1768
BHPian
 
Horizon81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 173
Thanked: 247 Times
Post Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_in_flesh View Post
No, White wasn't my first choice. I had initially liked the Cappuccino Beige, but long term maintenance as also a longer waiting period for the Beige made me choose the white. I am buying the car from Dehradun, what is the manufacturing month and year of your car? Have you checked it using the Teambhp Help Articles? Mines May 2014, from the chassis number of the vehicle provided by the dealer.
I bought my TDI Elegance from TAFE Hosur Road, Bangalore in Aug. Manufacturing month and year for mine is June 2014, from the VIN. The colour I chose might have played a role in getting a recently manufactured car - Flash Red. A 4-month gap is still acceptable IMO.
Horizon81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 11:49   #1769
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Delhi
Posts: 40
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Same here. First choice was C. Beige and the dealer had promised a July 2014 vehicle. Then the SA did a whole lot of slacking and we had to settle for a C. White May 2014 manufactured vehicle. I verified the manufacturing month & year as per the helpful post here at TBHP on decoding VIN; didn't know if it can be checked from the chassis number .

The allocation process is very random here with people having booked later than us getting their vehicles before us despite requesting for a speedy delivery by 17 Aug!

Am just hoping that eventually we got a car worth not complaining about and hope a 4 month old car is acceptable. Have got conflicting reports wrt maintenance of a white car so I guess will have to learn from experience firsthand.


Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_in_flesh View Post
No, White wasn't my first choice. I had initially liked the Cappuccino Beige, but long term maintenance as also a longer waiting period for the Beige made me choose the white. I am buying the car from Dehradun, what is the manufacturing month and year of your car? Have you checked it using the Teambhp Help Articles? Mines May 2014, from the chassis number of the vehicle provided by the dealer.
IMeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 22:19   #1770
BHPian
 
devil_in_flesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 89
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMeMyself View Post
I verified the manufacturing month & year as per the helpful post here at TBHP on decoding VIN; didn't know if it can be checked from the chassis number .


Am just hoping that eventually we got a car worth not complaining about and hope a 4 month old car is acceptable. Have got conflicting reports wrt maintenance of a white car so I guess will have to learn from experience firsthand.
I too am hoping that a 4 month old car is acceptable. Can anyone share their views/experience on this?

White though apparently doesn't fade over time as much as other colours do (so I have been told, never owned a white vehicle myself). But recently I closely inspected a 2 year old C.beige Rapid owned by a friend, and the colour did seem a little faded. Again, it all depends on how the owner maintains his car. But then again I am buying the Rapid for every other reason than colour which kind of is immaterial to me.

What is your opinion about the alleged space killer floor hump? And how has your buying experience. My experience buying the car till now has been just about OK! But the dealer has offered a lot of freebies, especially since I am financing it through Skoda Finance.
devil_in_flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Rapid (MPI Elegance MT): Test-drives & Initial Ownership Report smydtt Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 32 29th September 2016 19:09
Skoda Laura vRS : Test Drive & Review Rehaan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 177 1st January 2014 23:40
A red hot rapid install in a red hot (Skoda) Rapid Samridh In-Car Entertainment 28 18th August 2013 00:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:27.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks