Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2014, 14:02   #1876
BHPian
 
manas27587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 141
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshr View Post
This sounds most likely of rat bit cables. Possible that a couple of your wires maybe hanging, a quick inspection can confirm this. Off course could be something more serious as well.

Turns out it was a loose pipe!
manas27587 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2014, 14:38   #1877
BHPian
 
Hemant_Joshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 219
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

manas27587 - That's nice to know, nothing major.
Could you get what is the probable reason for same from the Service engineer/adviser? Was it a case of rat bite??

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
Turns out it was a loose pipe!
Hemant_Joshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2014, 14:43   #1878
BHPian
 
manas27587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 141
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
manas27587 - That's nice to know, nothing major.

Could you get what is the probable reason for same from the Service engineer/adviser? Was it a case of rat bite??

I found out the loose pipe on my own.
As it was a Sunday,
Out of curiosity opened the bonnet and was looking inside when I found the loose pipe.
Was more suspecting because of the briskoda forum.
manas27587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2014, 16:36   #1879
BHPian
 
deehunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 676
Thanked: 348 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

My relative had a similar issue 2 months ago, TAFE told him that vehicle has to be towed to ASS. I checked the vehicle, it was the disconnected intercooler hose, fixed it and issue solved. I am sharing the photo here for any future reference.
Attached Images
 
deehunk is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2014, 09:48   #1880
BHPian
 
Turbo car's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 128
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Guys..
Did a TD on new Rapid Elegance 1.5 with black pack.
The car felt impressive and the ride quality was good.
I really dont know how it compares with the outgoing 1.6 in terms of engine output and ride quality.
Can any one provide a comparative observation of both these models ?
Turbo car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2014, 17:54   #1881
BHPian
 
hillsnrains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 266
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Hi fellow Rapid owners/followers,

I just made into the forum and want to say hello on this very thread, which i follow religiously. I own the first batch Rapid (bought on 6th december 2011) from Vinayak cars, Sadashivnagar.

I am planning a detailed ownership thread very soon, mean while a high level summary of my ride status.

Model: Rapid Elegance 1.6 TDI MT (49,350 on ODO)

Modifications done till date:
1. Pioneer (AVH 2490 BT) head unit and FOCAL speakers with Rockford amplifier
2. Autocop reverse parking sensors
3. EVO Vision reverse parking camera integrated with HU
4. 90/100 W head lights with relay
5. Art leather seat covers and leather steering grip

Modifications 1-4 are done at EVO, Ulsoor, Bangalore and seat covers are done Karlsson, Indiranagar.

Issues with car till date(only one)
1. Engine mount was replaced free of cost during the first year of ownership

Till date i enjoyed the car to the full extent, I sincearly hope my dream run will continue
hillsnrains is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2014, 08:37   #1882
BHPian
 
hillsnrains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 266
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Hello Experts,

I need your help in identifying the root cause for the below mentioned problem.

Problem: When I try re-starting my car at signal, It won't start in the first try. I need to crank again. Second time it will start for sure. This happened for 2 days (overall 5-6 times).

Current Status:This issue gone away by itself. For the last one week it never happened again. There is a 2000KM long drive planned in next two weeks, so I do not want to struck in the middle of road with family, hence posting this query. Everyday for the past one week I am stopping the car at signals and trying to reproduce the problem, but not successful.

I didn't plan a visit to service centre because I am not able to reproduce the problem

Here are my observations (may help to understand little background)
1. This happened in the evening around 5-6 PM (not due to cold start)
2. Second cranking does not take any extra time to start (I think battery is ok)
3. Any problem with fuel like adultered fuel or water in fuel (I go to the same pump for refuelling)
4. Short of fuel supply to the engine for the self sustained combustion? ( Second cracking was required only at signal, not at the starting point always, read home&office)
5. Vehicle is serviced ~7 months/8500KMS ago and all the fluids like engine oil, brake fluid are ok.
6. There are no indicators/red lights on dashboard

I want to make sure engine won't stop during my long drive.
Thanks in advance!
hillsnrains is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2014, 13:50   #1883
Newbie
 
tpsantu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 18
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Hello Experts,

I need your help in identifying the root cause for the below mentioned problem.

Problem: When I try re-starting my car at signal, It won't start in the first try. I need to crank again. Second time it will start for sure. This happened for 2 days (overall 5-6 times).

Current Status:This issue gone away by itself. For the last one week it never happened again. There is a 2000KM long drive planned in next two weeks, so I do not want to struck in the middle of road with family, hence posting this query. Everyday for the past one week I am stopping the car at signals and trying to reproduce the problem, but not successful.

I didn't plan a visit to service centre because I am not able to reproduce the problem

Here are my observations (may help to understand little background)
1. This happened in the evening around 5-6 PM (not due to cold start)
2. Second cranking does not take any extra time to start (I think battery is ok)
3. Any problem with fuel like adultered fuel or water in fuel (I go to the same pump for refuelling)
4. Short of fuel supply to the engine for the self sustained combustion? ( Second cracking was required only at signal, not at the starting point always, read home&office)
5. Vehicle is serviced ~7 months/8500KMS ago and all the fluids like engine oil, brake fluid are ok.
6. There are no indicators/red lights on dashboard

I want to make sure engine won't stop during my long drive.
Thanks in advance!
What is your Key position when you switch off the engine at the signal? you bring it to the lowest possible position or keep it in IGNITION mode? Usually if you car stops while running and you want to start it - you have to completely turn the key to that lowest possible position and then get into ignition mode and start - or else it wont start. Is this you issue ?
tpsantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2014, 14:37   #1884
BHPian
 
hillsnrains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 266
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpsantu View Post
What is your Key position when you switch off the engine at the signal? you bring it to the lowest possible position or keep it in IGNITION mode? Usually if you car stops while running and you want to start it - you have to completely turn the key to that lowest possible position and then get into ignition mode and start - or else it wont start. Is this you issue ?
No mate.
Issue with my car is different. When I turn the key starter motor will start rotating the flywheel and engine will have few power stokes going and then stalls/stops. I mean engine is not able to continue in idling in the first cranking (hence stops). In second cranking it works normally.
I hope I put it right this time
hillsnrains is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2014, 17:08   #1885
BHPian
 
achopraa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dilli
Posts: 291
Thanked: 104 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
I own the first batch Rapid (bought on 6th december 2011) from Vinayak cars, Sadashivnagar.

Model: Rapid Elegance 1.6 TDI MT (49,350 on ODO)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
2. Second cranking does not take any extra time to start (I think battery is ok)
6. There are no indicators/red lights on dashboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
No mate.
Issue with my car is different. When I turn the key starter motor will start rotating the flywheel and engine will have few power stokes going and then stalls/stops. I mean engine is not able to continue in idling in the first cranking (hence stops). In second cranking it works normally.
I hope I put it right this time
Welcome to the Forum.
To me it seems a case of dying battery. Its almost 3 years and some EOM batteries have just about that much lifespan.
You can get the same checked at Skoda Service Center or at a nearby Battery Guy.
Also, check for any deposits around the Battery Terminals which may cause the juice to not flow correctly.
achopraa is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 08:00   #1886
BHPian
 
hillsnrains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 266
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Thanks for your response!
Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
Welcome to the Forum.
To me it seems a case of dying battery. Its almost 3 years and some EOM batteries have just about that much lifespan.
You can get the same checked at Skoda Service Center or at a nearby Battery Guy.
I will check the battery health soon and should update. By the what to look out for, when battery being checked? I do not want to go to Skoda workshop for this alone, so planning to go to a battery guy. hence the above question.

Quote:
Also, check for any deposits around the Battery Terminals which may cause the juice to not flow correctly.
Battery terminals are clean (only dry dust is there, now I cleaned that as well)
hillsnrains is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2014, 19:33   #1887
Newbie
 
onedotsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 22
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Thanks for your response!

I will check the battery health soon and should update. By the what to look out for, when battery being checked? I do not want to go to Skoda workshop for this alone, so planning to go to a battery guy. hence the above question.


Battery terminals are clean (only dry dust is there, now I cleaned that as well)
Hi i recently had a similar issue. Mine is a 2012 July model. The car didnt start once and the problem appeared to go away. 2 months later it happened again and this time, it never started. I had the vehicle towed to Vinayak cars and they identified the problem as a faulty Diesel Pump(seems mine was not the first vehicle with the issue). They did not have the part in stock, so they kept the vehicle for 2 weeks(owing to the diwali vacs in between). The pump was replaced under warranty.
If you're planning a long drive, i suggest you get the pump checked once.
On checking the battery, the manual tells you how to check for it(there is a circular window at the top of the battery), you should look for a change in colour(exact colour is mentioned in the manual, i cant recall )
onedotsix is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2014, 07:49   #1888
BHPian
 
hillsnrains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 266
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedotsix View Post
Hi i recently had a similar issue. Mine is a 2012 July model. The car didnt start once and the problem appeared to go away. 2 months later it happened again and this time, it never started. I had the vehicle towed to Vinayak cars and they identified the problem as a faulty Diesel Pump(seems mine was not the first vehicle with the issue). They did not have the part in stock, so they kept the vehicle for 2 weeks(owing to the diwali vacs in between). The pump was replaced under warranty.
If you're planning a long drive, i suggest you get the pump checked once.
On checking the battery, the manual tells you how to check for it(there is a circular window at the top of the battery), you should look for a change in colour(exact colour is mentioned in the manual, i cant recall )
Thanks for your timely inputs!
Thank god i have returned from my trip without stopping in the middle of the road. Yesterday morning start took really long time(cold start). Today iam visiting vinayak cars...lets see what comes out of it
hillsnrains is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2014, 12:45   #1889
BHPian
 
hillsnrains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 266
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Update on my car's starting problem
Vinayak ASS person tells that battery gone kaput and needs replacement. He is suggesting to go for AMRON or EXIDE. As per him life of the battery is 2.5 years. I told him to hold on and not to change the battery. I will go to service centre Today and personally see the error message regarding the battery.

Any body replaced their OEM battery in their Rapid's? Any inputs/pointers will be appreciated.
hillsnrains is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2014, 08:49   #1890
BHPian
 
hillsnrains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 266
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

I have got my car back Yesterday. Conclusion from service engineer is replace battery (current ODO is 51,200 Kms)

VCDS error message: Battery recharge & Test, I have personally saw this message.

I have decided to change the battery outside the dealership as Skoda OEM battery cost is 7k+ and comes only with 2 yr warranty. Now questions
1. What is the battery rating I should go for? (Vento Thread says it's 60Ah for TDI) Skoda Owner's manual does not tell the rating
2. I am thinking of AMARON brand. Any better alternatives?
3. Anybody purchased online like www.batterybhai.com? These folks are recommending 66Ah, 74Ah also for Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI.

Planning to finish this task over this weekend. Any inputs are appreciated.
hillsnrains is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Rapid (MPI Elegance MT): Test-drives & Initial Ownership Report smydtt Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 32 29th September 2016 19:09
Skoda Laura vRS : Test Drive & Review Rehaan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 177 1st January 2014 23:40
A red hot rapid install in a red hot (Skoda) Rapid Samridh In-Car Entertainment 28 18th August 2013 00:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks