Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 28th November 2016, 11:11   #2566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
This is a battery issue, nothing to worry. The battery have a life of around 45K-48K kilometers if driven daily or a period of 4 years if driven occasionally.
I am guessing that too. However, the correct voltage reading has me in two minds. I am yet to check the battery voltage without starting the car to see if the battery is holding the charge.
torque18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 11:03   #2567
BHPian

Got the battery replaced with a new Amaron. Had checked the voltage through VCDS with the engine turned off and it was at 12.3.

Hopefully, the problem should be gone.
Old 1st December 2016, 07:54   #2568
BHPian

I have a 2012 Rapid Ambition variant and since the car never came with alloys at the beginning, I opted for alloys 6 months ago. I chose to go for "momos" and 205/55/15 Continental tyres. Whenever I visit the service centre I have had people from there tell me that Rapid specifically doesn't support external alloys and this leads to steering rack or pinion failures. Now my car already had a steering rack failure before I switched to alloys and it was replaced under warranty. Post warranty expiry is when I switched to alloys and these wider tyres.

Any experiences or thoughts on this? I'm sort of puzzled to know why an external alloy won't work and only an OEM will. And if one matches the PCD and goes for a reliable brand like "momos" I think there shouldn't be an issue.
motorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2016, 09:28   #2569
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

It has been almost a year since I logged into T-BHP and lot has changed since in my car. I own a 2014 Rapid and I have always got it serviced it in Chennai eventhough I moved to Bangalore. But now I am in a situation where I cannot come to Chennai and get it serviced. Can my friends in Bangalore help me point towards the best and reliable Skoda service center in Bangalore? I need to get my Brake Pads and Disks changed. I live in KR Puram.

When driving in yesterday's rain, something got trapped in between Pad and Disk. This caused a lot of damage to the Disk .
narsi_6989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2016, 09:45   #2570
BHPian

Vinayak Skoda in TC Palya is the nearest service center for you, they are better than TAFE.

Last edited by deehunk : 3rd December 2016 at 09:46.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2016, 18:07   #2571
BHPian

Smile Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
It has been almost a year since I logged into T-BHP and lot has changed since in my car. I own a 2014 Rapid and I have always got it serviced it in Chennai eventhough I moved to Bangalore. But now I am in a situation where I cannot come to Chennai and get it serviced. Can my friends in Bangalore help me point towards the best and reliable Skoda service center in Bangalore? I need to get my Brake Pads and Disks changed. I live in KR Puram.

When driving in yesterday's rain, something got trapped in between Pad and Disk. This caused a lot of damage to the Disk .
I'd recommend TAFE Access, Hosur Road. It's very far from your place, but they do quite a decent job and have ample of space inside whereas Vinayak Skoda is very cramped and barely has place to move around, last time they got my bumper scratched possibly while parking in their tight parking space but denied the same and on top of that they told me to take my vehicle back as soon as they call as they don't have any space to park my car for longer, which is the most lamest thing I've heard in recent times. I stay around the same area and I've been to both Vinayak Skoda @ KR Puram and TAFE Access @ Hosur Road. Even our 3rd service is due within a week, will try to get it to TAFE Hosur. Would go for Vinayak KR Puram only in worst case.

~Cheers
Funny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 20:30   #2572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Got the battery replaced with a new Amaron. Had checked the voltage through VCDS with the engine turned off and it was at 12.3.

Hopefully, the problem should be gone.
Did you get the battery checked at the battery shop? I'm also observing similar symptoms but the reading obtained at the battery shop was normal.
Turbohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 20:38   #2573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Did you get the battery checked at the battery shop? I'm also observing similar symptoms but the reading obtained at the battery shop was normal.
I did not get it checked at the shop. But the readings through VCDS showed that the battery was weak and in any case the battery had completed its life. With the arrival of winters I was apprehending that it would give up any fine day leaving me stranded so I got it replaced.

I haven't started the car since the day I got the battery changed. Will update if the issue stands resolved with the battery change.