Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2013, 10:11   #1111
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 310
Thanked: 271 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphique View Post
Skoda launches Rapid Leisure

Skoda has launched a limited edition of the Rapid called the Rapid Leisure.
Seems to be a typo here. Rapid comes with a five speed manual gearbox not a six speed one.

Last edited by GTO : 10th July 2013 at 17:40. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
84.monsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2013, 10:52   #1112
BHPian
 
vyasachetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 94
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Guys,
My cousin has been offered a VIN 12 Red diesel ambition rapid with a discount of 1, 30, 000 /- .

Is it worth buying a 2012 model when attractive discounts are given? Can we bargain more?

Any problems that might arise as the car will be parked for a long time?

Will it affect resale value when sold after 4-5 yrslook forward to your suggestions.
Thanks
Chetan
vyasachetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2013, 11:59   #1113
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 170
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
As far as I know, there is no 0% EMI. Will ask the sales guy tomorrow.
Are you taking a loan from VW finance themselves or from outside? If VW, would you mind sharing details?

Thanks.
nma83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2013, 12:49   #1114
BHPian
 
shivasuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 742
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Are you taking a loan from VW finance themselves or from outside? If VW, would you mind sharing details?

Thanks.
Hi,
I just spoke to Vinayak Skoda today. The GM sales did offer me a 8% interest for 3 years for about 6L. I will be going with SBH (10.2% interest and no processing fees). The following is the deal I got for the elegance plus TDi.

11.4L (includes EW + Skoda Drive Assure + 4D premium mats + mudflaps + Parking sensors with rear camera and monitor + External paint protection).

I am thinking of getting the Green Hiwe indash DVD player. They are quoting 48K but siad they could buy back the skoda player for 5K + the rear view camera is not needed now and so another 3K discount. So effectively it works out to be about 40K. Has anyone heard about this player?

Thanks
shivasuma is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2013, 14:17   #1115
Senior - BHPian
 
Mi10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,000
Thanked: 1,414 Times
Default Re: Skoda launches Rapid Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphique View Post
Skoda launches Rapid Leisure

Skoda has launched a limited edition of the Rapid called the Rapid Leisure.

Available on both the petrol and the diesel engine-powered versions with the six-speed manual gearbox and the automatic transmission (petrol), the Rapid Leisure comes with a portable screen that has navigation system and also doubles up as a display for the reversing camera. Additional equipment, as part of the Leisure package, includes rear parking sensors, 15-inch alloys, door sills and leatherette seat covers. This limited edition also comes with special badging.

Skoda has priced the Rapid Leisure at RS 9.06 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Source: Autocar
This seems more VFM than the Prestige Edition (which i ended up buying).
I think the Alloys and Seat Covers make it a pretty good package. Prestige had useless Floor Mats, Wind visors

Anyhow, my Rapid in its current avatar:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...sec-100-a.html
Mi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2013, 15:22   #1116
BHPian
 
vyasachetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 94
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Hi,

I need your advice to make this decision:

Retain Honda Accord 3.0 V6 (2005 model 86,000kms driven) or Buy a New Rapid Elegance TDI and fit a tuning box
Duration before next change: 4 Yrs : Kms per Yr: 12,000 (75% City & 25% Highway) :-

Honda Accord: (No Cost assumed as I own it)
Mileage: 7 Kms/Lt (8-9 on highway & 6-7 in city) Spend on Fuel over 4 yrs: 5.5 Lakhs
Service, Repair & Insurance costs over 4 years: (Assuming 60,000 per year & 12,000 per year insurance) 3 Lakhs
Resale Value (Assumed): 1,50,000/-
Net Effect: 7,00,000 /-

Skoda Rapid: (Cost 11, 50,000/-)
Mileage: 14 Kms/Lt (17 on highway & 12 in city) Spend on Fuel over 4 yrs: 2.5 Lakhs
Service, Repair & Insurance costs over 4 years: (Assuming 15,000 per year & 25,000 per year insurance) 1.5 Lakhs
Resale Value (Assumed): 5, 00,000/-(Will be set off towards balance loan amount)
Net Effect: 10,50,000 /-

Thus, Retaining Accord even with the mileage and maintenance is saving me 3.5 Lakhs, So really confused on what to do, I have a daily running of 25 kms in the city to office and back and a highway trip 4 times a year.

Please suggest if the above calculation is right? Have I missed anything? What will be the best way forward?
vyasachetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2013, 15:31   #1117
Distinguished - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 7,593
Thanked: 4,509 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyasachetan View Post
Hi,

I need your advice to make this decision:

Retain Honda Accord 3.0 V6 (2005 model 86,000kms driven) or Buy a New Rapid Elegance TDI and fit a tuning box
Duration before next change: 4 Yrs : Kms per Yr: 12,000 (75% City & 25% Highway) :-

Honda Accord: (No Cost assumed as I own it)
Thus, Retaining Accord even with the mileage and maintenance is saving me 3.5 Lakhs, So really confused on what to do, I have a daily running of 25 kms in the city to office and back and a highway trip 4 times a year.
Look at the class difference between your accord and the rapid. To me it makes sense to hang on to the accord. As per your calculation it also saves you money, which you can put to use for say, a nice holiday!
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2013, 15:44   #1118
BHPian
 
vyasachetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 94
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

Look at the class difference between your accord and the rapid. To me it makes sense to hang on to the accord. As per your calculation it also saves you money, which you can put to use for say, a nice holiday!
Sir is my calculation ok in terms of the costs? Or do I need to add anything and will there be any reliability issues that I will have to face?
vyasachetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2013, 15:46   #1119
Distinguished - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 7,593
Thanked: 4,509 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyasachetan View Post

Sir is my calculation ok in terms of the costs? Or do I need to add anything and will there be any reliability issues that I will have to face?
Your calculation is logical as per my understanding. You have budgeted a good amount for servicing and running costs. You have still saved around 3 lacs in hanging on to the Accord. Honda's last a long time and are pretty reliable overall. The Accord is of a far higher class than the Rapid. Hence I think holding the Accord is the right decision.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2013, 14:16   #1120
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 229
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyasachetan View Post
Guys,
My cousin has been offered a VIN 12 Red diesel ambition rapid with a discount of 1, 30, 000 /- .

Is it worth buying a 2012 model when attractive discounts are given? Can we bargain more?


Thanks
Chetan
One of my friend also wants to make the same decision , can you share what you found out about buying a 2012 model.
mazda4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2013, 17:25   #1121
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 816
Thanked: 121 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Something that I noticed right now. There is a car fair going on in my locality and they had a Skoda Rapid for display. It was a brand new Rapid with the NEW LOGO ON THE STEERING WHEEL. So I can assume its recently manufactured. The car did not have the German thud sound. I mean when I closed the driver side door it closed just like my i20, well may be a bit better.
Have they done away with this "feature" or what?


Another thing is the Ambient Leisure is super VFM. It is coming to 10.40 OTR without discounts and has everything including alloys, reverse camera, navigation, sill plate. It does miss out on the driver side airbag though which is a necessity for me. Sigh!! If only we got everything.
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 09:08   #1122
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 71
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Does the Leisure variant have ACC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Another thing is the Ambient Leisure is super VFM. It is coming to 10.40 OTR without discounts and has everything including alloys, reverse camera, navigation, sill plate. It does miss out on the driver side airbag though which is a necessity for me. Sigh!! If only we got everything.
morphique is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 09:37   #1123
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 816
Thanked: 121 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphique View Post
Does the Leisure variant have ACC?
No it doesn't come with ACC.
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 13:59   #1124
BHPian
 
motorworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 514
Thanked: 185 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Something that I noticed right now. There is a car fair going on in my locality and they had a Skoda Rapid for display. It was a brand new Rapid with the NEW LOGO ON THE STEERING WHEEL. So I can assume its recently manufactured. The car did not have the German thud sound. I mean when I closed the driver side door it closed just like my i20, well may be a bit better.
Have they done away with this "feature" or what?
I dont think the "german thud sound" is a feature. It is an inherent nature of European cars which generally are better built and have slightly heavier sheet metal compounds and better insulation etc. Skoda wouldnt have altered anything of such paramount importance since everything should be coming from the VW assembly line. If you notice, all glasses have the VW logo rather than skoda. So if there is change in quality, then it would apply to the Polo and Vento as well.
Such things cannot be measured and are very subjective.
motorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 14:26   #1125
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 816
Thanked: 121 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post

I dont think the "german thud sound" is a feature. It is an inherent nature of European cars which generally are better built and have slightly heavier sheet metal compounds and better insulation etc. Skoda wouldnt have altered anything of such paramount importance since everything should be coming from the VW assembly line. If you notice, all glasses have the VW logo rather than skoda. So if there is change in quality, then it would apply to the Polo and Vento as well.
Such things cannot be measured and are very subjective.
I know its not a feature hence I used inverted comas. :-) hopefully nothing is changed . It's just that the sound did not feel right . :-)
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Rapid (MPI Elegance MT): Test-drives & Initial Ownership Report smydtt Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 32 29th September 2016 19:09
Skoda Laura vRS : Test Drive & Review Rehaan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 177 1st January 2014 23:40
A red hot rapid install in a red hot (Skoda) Rapid Samridh In-Car Entertainment 28 18th August 2013 00:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks