Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2014, 13:51   #1366
BHPian
 
achopraa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dilli
Posts: 291
Thanked: 104 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspeter View Post
The dealer is offering me 40K cash discount on the 2014 model but 2013 manufactured car with 5 yr extended warranty. I tried negotiating another 40K worth of accessories like 4D mats, AVN with parking camera and navigation inbuilt, but he's not agreeing.
I am assuming you are looking for the Ambition+ model.
Is it a Petrol Variant or Diesel?
Also, there were 3 types of Cars manufactured in 2013
a) Rapid
b) Rapid with new Logos & new steering (Manufactured after March-13)
c) MY2014
Which one is yours?
Quote:
What should I do with the 5th Non-alloy spare wheel? Should I negotiate with the Skoda dealer or will I have to procure this from some local dealer? I wonder whether the non-OE wheel will match the others?
If you will be buying the new alloys + tyres similar to 15 inchers provided by Skoda, then no need to do anything. Its a spare wheel and should be used only in case of emergency (Skoda recommeds 4 way tyre rotation and not 5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
2013 manufactured cars can get you a decent ish discount. They were offering a lac off on these but they may have run out of stock.
This is what I got 2 months back - My Rapid Deal (Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review)

I would assume you would get better deal.
Are you availing the Buy Now, Pay in 2015 scheme as (which IMHO is very-not-so-customer-friendly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspeter View Post
They do have an in-built unit called the Green Hiwe. It is also approved by Skoda and is specifically made for Skoda. But the thing is you have to get it from the dealer (they charge you more).
Yes and they are quoting 26k for it. What is the bargain price?

Cheers[/quote]
I think 26K is a good price you are being quoted.
achopraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2014, 19:03   #1367
BHPian
 
Pferdestarke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vijayawada
Posts: 378
Thanked: 440 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Guys, what is the ideal tyre pressure for Rapid loaded with 4 persons. The company recommended pressure for fully loaded car is 36 (front) and 39 (rear) seems overkill to me. Is 33 (front) and 36 (rear) fine for a highway trip?
Pferdestarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2014, 19:50   #1368
BHPian
 
achopraa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dilli
Posts: 291
Thanked: 104 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Guys, what is the ideal tyre pressure for Rapid loaded with 4 persons. The company recommended pressure for fully loaded car is 36 (front) and 39 (rear) seems overkill to me. Is 33 (front) and 36 (rear) fine for a highway trip?
Ideal Pressure is what is recommended but people usually have their own variations depending how comfortable their ride is.
If the Highways are smooth (NH-1/NH-8) 32 Front, 33/34-Rear should be fine.
33/36 will give you a lot of bumpy rides.
achopraa is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2014, 12:26   #1369
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 39
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Just heard from a service manager of a Skoda dealer in Mumbai that the fuel pump for Rapid has un-limited shelf life and need not be replaced in regular service if there is no visible & external damage to the fuel pump.

Have anyone heard of this or experienced the same?
Avid trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2014, 13:49   #1370
BHPian
 
achopraa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dilli
Posts: 291
Thanked: 104 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid trekker View Post
Just heard from a service manager of a Skoda dealer in Mumbai that the fuel pump for Rapid has un-limited shelf life and need not be replaced in regular service if there is no visible & external damage to the fuel pump.

Have anyone heard of this or experienced the same?
You meant Fuel Pump or Fuel Filter?
Fuel Pumps are NOT replaced in regular service.
achopraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2014, 15:35   #1371
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 39
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

@achopraa: Apologies. It should be fuel filter and not fuel pump.
Avid trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2014, 21:08   #1372
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: bangalore
Posts: 29
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
I am assuming you are looking for the Ambition+ model.
Is it a Petrol Variant or Diesel?
Also, there were 3 types of Cars manufactured in 2013
a) Rapid
b) Rapid with new Logos & new steering (Manufactured after March-13)
c) MY2014
Which one is yours?

Peter - I've opted for MY2014 VIN2013 Ambition Plus A/T. The car will be procured on Company lease, so I cannot avail further discounts on insurance.

If you will be buying the new alloys + tyres similar to 15 inchers provided by Skoda, then no need to do anything. Its a spare wheel and should be used only in case of emergency (Skoda recommeds 4 way tyre rotation and not 5)


Peter - I'm considering 2 options here and need some advice.

Option # 1 - Obtain 15 alloy wheels from market rather than dealer; assume the alloys from dealer will cost more comparatively. Will this be an violation of the insurance T&C?

Option # 2 - Obtain alloy wheels from Skoda dealer as I assume the original OEM alloys with SKODA logo will be of superior quality and look good on the car. Any suggestions?

This is what I got 2 months back - My Rapid Deal (Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review)

I would assume you would get better deal.
Are you availing the Buy Now, Pay in 2015 scheme as (which IMHO is very-not-so-customer-friendly)


Peter - My damn luck. I'm only being offered 40K cash discounts. Period. Not a single accessory or a penny more apart from the crappy standard accessories.

Yes and they are quoting 26k for it. What is the bargain price?

Cheers
I think 26K is a good price you are being quoted.[/quote]

Peter - I doubt 26K is for Green Hiwe system. Another dealer quoted me 55K for Green Hiwe however I've been advised Crasak (66K) as installing Green Hiwe AVN may disable the Blue Tooth/Audio controls on the steering wheel. Is this true?
dspeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2014, 23:54   #1373
BHPian
 
achopraa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dilli
Posts: 291
Thanked: 104 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid trekker View Post
Just heard from a service manager of a Skoda dealer in Mumbai that the fuel pump for Rapid has un-limited shelf life and need not be replaced in regular service if there is no visible & external damage to the fuel pump.

Have anyone heard of this or experienced the same?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid trekker View Post
@achopraa: Apologies. It should be fuel filter and not fuel pump.
Checked in on the Service Cost Calculator on Skoda's website and all the Services mentions the replacement of "Fuel Filter".
Not sure why the dealer would say so. Show him the page on Skoda's site and ask him.
achopraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 21:43   #1374
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 32
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

I took a long TD of Rapid today. I loved the driveability of the car and thoroughly enjoyed the drive.

But, I've already booked Honda City 2014 Diesel SV variant (Middle variant). Thought, I haven't been able to get a proper TD of the car yet, what ever little distance I drove, I didn't get the feeling that it would be a Driver's car. I drive Vista Quadrajet and I feel it is a more fun-to-drive car than Honda City.

After looking at the feature list and price of the 2014 Rapid, I couldn't help but feel that Honda is a bit over priced. It's mid variant (SV) costs almost as much as Top end version of Rapid. Though, I must admit even that packs in almost equal amount of features (well almost).
Unfortunately, Tafe Access says it has sold all its MY14 cars (manufactured in 2013). So, none of the mouthwatering discounts mentioned in the earlier posts.

I have not been able to make up my mind regarding which one go to far now. I drive close to 40 Kms everyday (in Bangalore city). I want a car which is fun to drive, fuel efficient and not very expensive to maintain.

1. What is your opinion on this matter?
2. Has any of you driven new Honda? What do you feel the regarding the cabin space when compared to Rapid?
aniyahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 22:35   #1375
BHPian
 
achopraa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dilli
Posts: 291
Thanked: 104 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyahr View Post
I took a long TD of Rapid today. I loved the driveability of the car and thoroughly enjoyed the drive.

But, I've already booked Honda City 2014 Diesel SV variant (Middle variant). Thought, I haven't been able to get a proper TD of the car yet, what ever little distance I drove, I didn't get the feeling that it would be a Driver's car.
Firstly, Congratulations of your booking!!!
What you need is a good Test Drive of ANHC. Once that is done, sit back and compare with how you felt driving Rapid.

Quote:
Unfortunately, Tafe Access says it has sold all its MY14 cars (manufactured in 2013). So, none of the mouthwatering discounts mentioned in the earlier posts.
To be honest, if I was not getting a mouth watering deal, I would have been inclined for ANHC.
Reasons -
a) Latest kid in the block
b) Honda's assurance

Having said that I am also wary about the newest batch of car as the ownership threads are still missing.

Quote:
I have not been able to make up my mind regarding which one go to far now. I drive close to 40 Kms everyday (in Bangalore city). I want a car which is fun to drive, fuel efficient and not very expensive to maintain.
Follow your heart. Its easy to make up with heart than with mind.
achopraa is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 22:45   #1376
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 32
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Thanks a lot for the advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
Having said that I am also wary about the newest batch of car as the ownership threads are still missing.
I completely agree with you on this one.
aniyahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2014, 13:55   #1377
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: bangalore
Posts: 29
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

I tried booking a RED Skoda Rapid this week, however the dealer told me Skoda has stopped production of RED colour Rapid. Me and wifey are so in love with the Red colour, its unfortunate Skoda has stopped producing these.

How true is this info? The website still continues to showcase 5 colours on the Rapid including Red.

Cheers
dspeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2014, 14:50   #1378
Distinguished - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 7,593
Thanked: 4,509 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspeter View Post
I tried booking a RED Skoda Rapid this week, however the dealer told me Skoda has stopped production of RED colour Rapid. Me and wifey are so in love with the Red colour, its unfortunate Skoda has stopped producing these. How true is this info? The website still continues to showcase 5 colours on the Rapid including Red. Cheers

Which dealer are you talking to? Try and connect with Hemanth at Vinayak and mention my reference if you wish to. Ask him to help you by sourcing a Red Rapid if thats the colour that you really want!
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2014, 15:53   #1379
BHPian
 
hrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 837
Thanked: 255 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyahr View Post
I took a long TD of Rapid today.

I have not been able to make up my mind regarding which one go to far now. I drive close to 40 Kms everyday (in Bangalore city). I want a car which is fun to drive, fuel efficient and not very expensive to maintain.

Has any of you driven new Honda? What do you feel the regarding the cabin space when compared to Rapid?
If you want a car which is fun to drive (Rapid) , fuel efficient (City) and not very expensive to maintain (City).
There, the Honda City ticks 2 of your 3 points.

If we consider the outgoing Honda city, cabin space in the New City will also be more ample than the Rapid. The tall floor hump in the Rapid may make it uncomfortable for the third passenger.

My suggestion would be:
Better driving pleasure and build. Go for Rapid
Better after sales, resale and space go for City

Last edited by hrman : 14th January 2014 at 15:54.
hrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2014, 17:08   #1380
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 71
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Today I took the delivery of my MY14 C Biege Rapid Elegance TDI. Amazing Drivability and stability. I dont think any other car in this segment except Vento matches this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspeter View Post
I tried booking a RED Skoda Rapid this week, however the dealer told me Skoda has stopped production of RED colour Rapid. Me and wifey are so in love with the Red colour, its unfortunate Skoda has stopped producing these.

How true is this info? The website still continues to showcase 5 colours on the Rapid including Red.

Cheers
The website is still showing the old model of Rapid, though the features mentioned are of new MY14 model. On Mumbai Roads I have noticed a Cherry Red MY14 Rapid. This is similar to what comes in Honda City and not the normal Flash Red. Flash Red cars are only available with the dealers who have them in stock. I confirmed with my dealer as well no Red colour now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyahr View Post
I took a long TD of Rapid today. I loved the driveability of the car and thoroughly enjoyed the drive.

But, I've already booked Honda City 2014 Diesel SV variant (Middle variant). Thought, I haven't been able to get a proper TD of the car yet, what ever little distance I drove, I didn't get the feeling that it would be a Driver's car. I drive Vista Quadrajet and I feel it is a more fun-to-drive car than Honda City.
I have driven both and finally I closed on the Rapid. Looks and features perspective City is better but driveablity, stability and safety Rapid scores better. I would recommend Rapid in case you are going for a diesel and City for a petrol. Rapid has a success story not sure how City Diesel would perform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
If you want a car which is fun to drive (Rapid) , fuel efficient (City) and not very expensive to maintain (City).
There, the Honda City ticks 2 of your 3 points.

If we consider the outgoing Honda city, cabin space in the New City will also be more ample than the Rapid. The tall floor hump in the Rapid may make it uncomfortable for the third passenger.

My suggestion would be:
Better driving pleasure and build. Go for Rapid
Better after sales, resale and space go for City
Maintenance Costs would be same for both as Honda demands for a service early as compared to a Rapid which is once a year or 15k kms. Giving the car for a service again and again seems hassle to me.

Both the cars are good but on driving pleasure and safety fronts Rapid scores much more. Tried 150 kmph on my car (Not recommended) and trust me you dont feel the speed inside the cabin.
caabhishek is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Rapid (MPI Elegance MT): Test-drives & Initial Ownership Report smydtt Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 32 29th September 2016 19:09
Skoda Laura vRS : Test Drive & Review Rehaan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 177 1st January 2014 23:40
A red hot rapid install in a red hot (Skoda) Rapid Samridh In-Car Entertainment 28 18th August 2013 00:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks