Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 23rd January 2014, 02:45   #1411
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Skoda to launch the facelifted 2014 Rapid by year end

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperRetard View Post

After the Octavia and the Superb, the Rapid will be the next car to get a transformation along the lines of Skoda’s global design language.
Honestly, IMO Skoda must first "LIFT UP THEIR CUSTOMER FOCUS" more than trying to Lift (face lift) anything else !!

With the horror stories of Skoda ownership all over TBHP and increasing, Facelifts will hold no value in India, if Skoda does not start valuing its existing customers.
Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2014, 07:48   #1412
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by selvagp View Post
I agree but not entirely.
We knew Octavia was coming, when Laura was selling. We knew Superb face lift is coming when Superb is still on sale. The reduced sales of current model could be tackled by tweaking production of the current model and be compensated by the sale of new model.
In case of the Octavia and the Superb, both are international models and hence not easy to hide the imminent arrivals. Rapid being a India-specific model, and if there are good amount of stock to clear, its best for the manufacturer to deny the facelift rumours.
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2014, 08:00   #1413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Rapid being a India-specific model
Škoda Rapid (based on the MissionL ) is a global project. Rapid has different variants for different markets. Car has european, indian and chinese variants which are technically different.

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd January 2014 at 08:01.
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2014, 08:18   #1414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Škoda Rapid (based on the MissionL ) is a global project. Rapid has different variants for different markets. Car has european, indian and chinese variants which are technically different.
Cheers!
Well, thanks! I do know about the European Rapid, and the China spin-off of that model. In my understanding, other than the name there is no linkage between the Vento based Indian Rapid and the European one (which is a bigger car as well).

From what I read around, the Indian Rapid facelift will have a similar face to the European Rapid and will get aligned to Skoda’s new family look.
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2014, 12:41   #1415

My first post and questions.

Which diesel Sedan to buy? Have almost finalized on the Rapid but also want to know if I should wait for the facelifted Rapid, if at all there is one coming out. I am a vendor for Skoda and the VW group and so far there is no concrete information about the new facelifted Rapid. Therefore a little confused but looking at the image, I am hopeful as the car looks better than the current design.
Steviesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2014, 00:58   #1416
BHPian

Skoda Rapid Sport

Checkout this really cool version of the Rapid Sport in Red. I would give a tooth for those alloys in Chrome and Red.... and the Spoiler makes me go wooowwww. Its so slick.. just enhances the look at the rear.

Enjoy
dspeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2014, 23:55   #1417
BHPian

Recently the Rapid that I happened to see had steering mounted controls, a new black three spoke steering with chrome inserts, and chrome garnishes on the AC vents (even on the rear passenger's one). It also has the full Skoda insignia, the new logo, and an all capital letters Rapid badging.

It looked thus, when I saw it in Payyanur, Kerala:
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-dsc06811.jpg

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-dsc06812.jpg

It was looking much pretty better.

Vipin.
Vipin Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2014, 10:34   #1418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Recently the Rapid that I happened to see had steering mounted controls, a new black three spoke steering with chrome inserts, and chrome garnishes on the AC vents (even on the rear passenger's one). It also has the full Skoda insignia, the new logo, and an all capital letters Rapid badging.

It looked thus, when I saw it in Payyanur, Kerala:

It was looking much pretty better.

Vipin.
I suppose the steering & the badge update happened about 6 months back. As fas as the chrome inserts are concerned they were always a part of the Rapid on the Ambition plus & Elegance variants.
satyamkaushik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2014, 11:39   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
I suppose the steering & the badge update happened about 6 months back. As fas as the chrome inserts are concerned they were always a part of the Rapid on the Ambition plus & Elegance variants.
I second you on the badging part,the badging has been changed to monochrome on matte black about a couple of years ago. But the new logo appeared in India with the launch of octavia and subsequently in the whole range.

And regarding the steering wheel,I assume what @Vipin Kumar meant was this new three spoke steering wheel with stylish chrome inserts, upgraded in the MY14 Rapid models, not the four spoke one with a single strip of chrome.

This is a snapshot of my MY14 Rapid elegance.
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-steering.jpg

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 26th January 2014 at 11:43. Reason: typos
Pferdestarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2014, 11:49   #1420
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this MY14 model yesterday here in Bangalore. Felt that with the facelift it looks even better than before. Really liked the back with the all caps rapid logo
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2014, 12:09   #1421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post

I second you on the badging part,the badging has been changed to monochrome on matte black about a couple of years ago. But the new logo appeared in India with the launch of octavia and subsequently in the whole range.

And regarding the steering wheel,I assume what @Vipin Kumar meant was this new three spoke steering wheel with stylish chrome inserts, upgraded in the MY14 Rapid models, not the four spoke one with a single strip of chrome.

This is a snapshot of my MY14 Rapid elegance.
The new 3 spoke steering and the new chrome on black badging were both introduced in the later part of 2013 it self on the Rapid as well as the Fabia. That is what i had seen when i got my car serviced around October.
The Crome inserts on the AC vents, the gear box, the steering etc were always a part of the Rapid from the very first lot on the Elegance Variant and later on the Ambition Plus Variant.
satyamkaushik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2014, 16:19   #1422
BHPian

Guys, I am glad to inform you that I took the delivery of my MY14 Skoda Rapid elegance on 28th of December. Took a while for me to make my first ownership thread on the forum.
Here is the link to my ownership thread.

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 26th January 2014 at 16:22.
Pferdestarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 13:39   #1423
Senior - BHPian

Prices on the second post of this thread are 7.95, 8.29 , 9.19 lacs for the diesel variants at launch time.

Prices now on the skoda website are 8.46, 9.27, 9.42 and 9.82 lacs - all ex showroom Delhi.

That's a fairly steep increase since launch. The mid variant Ambition that used to cost around 10L OTR Bangalore at launch now costs 11L.

Was the price hike due to rupee devaluation, or when the new MY14 variant was launched with additional features, or on both occasions ?

Last edited by sdp1975 : 27th January 2014 at 13:50.
sdp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 13:57   #1424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Prices on the second post of this thread are 7.95, 8.29 , 9.19 lacs for the diesel variants at launch time.

Prices now on the skoda website are 8.46, 9.27, 9.42 and 9.82 lacs - all ex showroom Delhi.

That's a fairly steep increase since launch. The mid variant Ambition that used to cost around 10L OTR Bangalore at launch now costs 11L.

Was the price hike due to rupee devaluation, or when the new MY14 variant was launched with additional features, or on both occasions ?
There have been multiple hikes since launch. The most recent 2 hikes that I know of is in May 2013 (where price was increased around20-30K) and then one with MY14 where a marginal increase was done.

But if you have noticed, a lot of features have been added since inception and the car is still a VFM German car IMHO.
achopraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 14:16   #1425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
There have been multiple hikes since launch. The most recent 2 hikes that I know of is in May 2013 (where price was increased around20-30K) and then one with MY14 where a marginal increase was done.

But if you have noticed, a lot of features have been added since inception and the car is still a VFM German car IMHO.
A few days of delay cost me approx Rs.39000/-, since the car prices went up by 40k post the 2012 budget. There was an increase in the Excise duty.

Agree on the features part .
hrman is offline   Reply With Quote