Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 10th February 2012, 17:37   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Fiesta (Automatic) : Test Drive & Review

Seems like Ford India has finally put up the car on its website link as below..

Ford India Private Limited - The New Ford Fiesta

Now, the interesting part, they are actually showing the fuel efficiency for diesel as well. I was under the impression the auto was going to be only for the petrol please check the link below

Ford India Private Limited - The New Ford Fiesta (Shows both Petrol and Diesel fuel efficiency)

Now keeping my fingers crossed
downsouth is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 18:26   #77
BHPian

Its confirmed automatic is only in petrol. Please click on individual buttons on the website it shows mileage only for petrol ( automatic ).
Fortuner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 19:12   #78
BHPian

Rush / Rehaan: The review, the notable points are just outstanding. To me, the biggest takeaway from each of your review has been the amount of learning that comes as a bonus !! And I think, the sealed for life is one heck of a belief in one's design and manufacturing abilities and capabilities. Rated 5 star as deserved.

Last edited by GTO : 12th February 2012 at 13:50. Reason: Thanks. Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting an entire long message inconveniences our mobile users
aaren is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 21:13   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Seems like Ford India has finally put up the car on its website link as below..

Ford India Private Limited - The New Ford Fiesta
The graphical representation of the Fiesta AT's merits is very good Simple and straightforward way of showing the merits of the car vs the competition.

Question: I didn't understand the 'Creep function'. Aren't all auto-tranny cars like that?

Last edited by noopster : 25th February 2012 at 11:26.
kiku007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 21:23   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Question: I didn't understand the 'Creep function'. Aren't all auto-tranny cars like that?
From what i understand from the graphical representation on the fiesta website, one just has to use the brake to stop and release the brake to continue all this without using the accelerator !! Never heard of this before!! or is it a standard feature on all Auto cars?? Was this mentioned in the team bhp official review?

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 10th February 2012 at 21:26.
rambo1o1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2012, 01:13   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
From what i understand from the graphical representation on the fiesta website, one just has to use the brake to stop and release the brake to continue all this without using the accelerator !! Never heard of this before!! or is it a standard feature on all Auto cars?? Was this mentioned in the team bhp official review?
Yes. while sloted in D mode all A/T cars move at say 5kmph speed without pressing accelerator. This is good to move the car slowly in bumper to bumper city traffic by just releasing the brake alone.

No need to press accelerator if moving on flat roads. On slope/hill roads one will observe less creep effect though!
harimakesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 18:59   #82
Senior - BHPian

Launch is on Feb. 28 in New Delhi.

Ford India to launch the all new Fiesta Powershift Automatic sedan on the 28th of February, 2012! | IndianCarsBikes.in

Ford Fiesta AT [Powershift] launches on February 28

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th February 2012 at 11:30. Reason: links added
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 11:50   #83
Senior - BHPian

ACI reports : Ford Fiesta Auto launched, priced at Rs 8.99 lakh (ex-Delhi)

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/291...-launched.aspx

Last edited by Guna : 28th February 2012 at 12:06.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 12:09   #84
BHPian

ICB reports: Two Auto variants. Style (low end variant) Rs. 8.99L and Titanium (top end) variant Rs.9.70L both prices ex-Delhi. Link here: Ford India launches the all new 2012 Fiesta dual clutch automatic sedan at a price of INR 8.99 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi | IndianCarsBikes.in

The top end model has been Titanium+ and not Titanium. So don't know which variant actually gets the auto box.

Earlier price of Petrol Titanium variant ex-delhi was Rs.9.18L and that of Titanium was Rs.9.43L. Also, ford was giving price discounts of atleast Rs.75K on all pertrol variants and Rs.40K on all diesel variants.

Ford sould have taken this opportunity to revise the prices downwards! for all models. Hope this is done. Their India website doesn't seem to have been updated with the prices yet.

"On cars" is reporting a contradicting report. It says only top of the line Titanium+ gets the auto box. Link here. Ford Fiesta 1.5 Ti-VCT Automatic launched for Rs 8.99 lakh | Latest Autos & Car News | OnCars.in

Something's fishy. If the top of the line variant is going to be sold @ 8.99 L then Fiesta turns out to be a good VFM proposition. I doubt the accuracy of the second link.

Last edited by naut : 28th February 2012 at 12:26. Reason: Update to the post. Adding some more information.
naut is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 12:42   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.kedlaya View Post
ICB reports: Two Auto variants. Style (low end variant) Rs. 8.99L and Titanium (top end) variant Rs.9.70L both prices ex-Delhi. Link here: Ford India launches the all new 2012 Fiesta dual clutch automatic sedan at a price of INR 8.99 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi | IndianCarsBikes.in

The top end model has been Titanium+ and not Titanium. So don't know which variant actually gets the auto box.

Earlier price of Petrol Titanium variant ex-delhi was Rs.9.18L and that of Titanium was Rs.9.43L. Also, ford was giving price discounts of atleast Rs.75K on all pertrol variants and Rs.40K on all diesel variants.

Ford sould have taken this opportunity to revise the prices downwards! for all models. Hope this is done. Their India website doesn't seem to have been updated with the prices yet.

"On cars" is reporting a contradicting report. It says only top of the line Titanium+ gets the auto box. Link here. Ford Fiesta 1.5 Ti-VCT Automatic launched for Rs 8.99 lakh | Latest Autos & Car News | OnCars.in

Something's fishy. If the top of the line variant is going to be sold @ 8.99 L then Fiesta turns out to be a good VFM proposition. I doubt the accuracy of the second link.
The top of the line titanium cost 9.70L ex-showroom Delhi. I do not think they offer it on Titanium +. Its still a bit expensive IMO.

Last edited by carfreak77 : 28th February 2012 at 12:48.
carfreak77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 12:48   #86
Senior - BHPian

8.99L is a nominal increase over the manual counterpart, especially considering that the AT in question is a 6-speed Powershift with better performance and fuel efficiency! Whats more? the gear-box is sealed for life too. I would buy it over the Vento and the City. But the Verna's Diesel+AT is just too hard to resist
aravind.anand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 12:59   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
The top of the line titanium cost 9.70L ex-showroom Delhi. I do not think they offer it on Titanium +. Its still a bit expensive IMO.
I think its quite well priced in comparison to the competition - say the Honda City. I think the City V AT exclusive cost 10+ lakhs ex.showroom.

Edit: I think the AT option is on the Style and Titanium+ variants.

Last edited by vb-san : 28th February 2012 at 13:02.
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 13:35   #88
BHPian

The ford India website now lists both AT variants. The new ones are "Style AT" & "Titanium+ AT". Ford India Private Limited - cars/new-fiesta/models

Now, what happens to the Rs.75K discounts that was there on all petrol models for so long?
Do those offers continue? Will it be applicable for AT models also? I hope they do.

EDIT: Looks like Style and Style AT are not same as far as the spec goes.

There are no airbags in the Style AT variant. However, Auto A/C has been added.

Last edited by naut : 28th February 2012 at 14:01. Reason: Updated More Information.
naut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 14:50   #89
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

Here's a comparo of the Fiesta AT vis a vis competition:

Ford Fiesta (Automatic) : Test Drive & Review-fiesta-price-features-comparison.png
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 15:45   #90
Senior - BHPian

Funny incident that happened 5 minutes ago,

A friend called Ahmedabad Ford dealer on the number from their website, a lady answers, he asks has the Ford Fiesta AT come?
She says hold on,

After a minute she comes back, sir there is no AT in Fiesta.

We just hung up the call, no grudges against anyone but if Ford wants to sell they really need to train the staff a lot more, this seems like a wonderful product and the pricing is also amazing,

Regards,
S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote