Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 11th March 2013, 09:38   #376
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutts View Post

I booked the White CX variant - the first time I ever finalized a vehicle purchase in an hour. The on-road price was worked down to 1.7 lk after some discounts and an exchange on an old Kinetic Honda. I did not opt for the special edition package not any extra goodies since I was focused on VFM. They have promised to give free floor mats, mud flaps and body colored bumpers, door handles and OVRM.

To wrap it up, I feel that its been a quick VFM deal on a peppy city car rather than having nightmares over a 2nd hand purchase for maybe 30-40K less.
Congratulations on your booking. I am sure you'll enjoy your ride like many other happy Nano owners.

BTW, are you availing the 'credit card offer', by any chance?

Last edited by safari_lover : 11th March 2013 at 09:40.
safari_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 09:55   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
BTW, are you availing the 'credit card offer', by any chance?
I preferred to do a full payment and do a clean transaction with no hassles of finance in between. I am of the opinion that a finance option is always profitable for the financier however interesting it looks like.

I forgot to mention that the confidence of the sales guy was literally flushed down when he saw the "T-BHP" sticker on my Polo
kutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 11:23   #378
BHPian

Got a Pearl White Nano LX Special Edition for my wife last week.
Had confirmed from my friends in TML R&D that there are no major changes (read openable hatch, 3 cyl engine, Power Steering). So went ahead and bought a December 2012 manufactured vehicle. Paid full cash.

No complaints so far. Blew a pretty packet yesterday at 3M Car Care in HSR Layout on Paint Protection Film and Underbody coating.

Till now, everything works fine (too early, I know).

Amount paid for the car in Bangalore:
Ex-showroom: 211405/-
LTT Road Tax: 30506/-
Value care : 3100/- (covers all expenses till 20000 km / 3 years)

Insurance : 6800/- (including 20,000/- worth accessories of Special Edition), bought from Iffco Tokio.
Dealer quoted 7400/- without covering accessories.

Freebies:
(1) Basic accessories - mud flaps, floor mats, Ganesha idol, perfume
(2) Remote lock
(3) Door rub rails
(4) Car cover

Paid accessories:
(1) 12V charging socket - 500/-

Filled up the tank to the brim for 958/- and felt really happy about it!

Ownership thread coming up soon, although wifey drives it most of the time.

Pending from dealer: Alloy wheels (they did not have in stock!).

Last edited by Viju : 11th March 2013 at 11:27. Reason: Adding info.
Viju is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 02:50   #379
Senior - BHPian

Hey Tata fans, when you guys bad mouth about Mahindra, look who is financing Nano cars, Mahindra Finance It is all business, nothing personal.
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-nano.jpg
teamveevee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 07:05   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Got a Pearl White Nano LX Special Edition for my wife last week.
Had confirmed from my friends in TML R&D that there are no major changes (read openable hatch, 3 cyl engine, Power Steering). So went ahead and bought a December 2012 manufactured vehicle. Paid full cash.
Hey congrats for your new ride.
Didn't they offer you any discount other than the freebies you have mentioned like car cover etc? My friend is looking to buy a entry level hatch and contemplating between the Nano and Eon.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 08:04   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Hey Tata fans, when you guys bad mouth about Mahindra, look who is financing Nano cars, Mahindra Finance It is all business, nothing personal.
I doubt if Tata fans are bad-mouthing Mahindra. Especially the Nano owners are definitely not doing that.

We are too busy with our Nanos to even notice other cars!
honeybee is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 10:42   #382
BHPian

Smile Re: Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hey congrats for your new ride.
Didn't they offer you any discount other than the freebies you have mentioned like car cover etc? My friend is looking to buy a entry level hatch and contemplating between the Nano and Eon.
Hello drmohitg

No, they plainly refused to offer any cash discount. Dealer was in tears (of course, sales guys are good actors) saying the margin on Nano is only 6500/-. Even the freebies came up only after I made them wait for 2 - 3 days before putting down the advance. Initially, it was just the basic accessories (mats, flaps and perfume) they had offered.

Just for your information, the accessories I managed to get, would have otherwise cost me something as follows:
(1) Car cover - 850/-
(2) Door rub rails - 1100/-
(3) Remote locking - 3300/-

I kind of consoled myself having extracted 5K worth of accessories and saving another 1000/- by taking the insurance myself.

For a quick feedback after having had the car for a week, she seems to be serving her purpose well. Suddenly, the wife and in-laws are independently going around in crazy Bangalore traffic. They were not so comfortable taking out my Ritz. 250 km, and no complaints as yet. Touchwood!

I love driving the car around, save for the ride quality.
Viju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 11:30   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutts View Post
I was looking for a 2nd hand Nano or M800 for wifey.
I booked the White CX variant - the first time I ever finalized a vehicle purchase in an hour. The on-road price was worked down to 1.7 lk after some discounts and an exchange on an old Kinetic Honda.
To wrap it up, I feel that its been a quick VFM deal on a peppy city car rather than having nightmares over a 2nd hand purchase for maybe 30-40K less.
How much discount you got? Here in Chennai,They are offering 20000rs cash discount and 5k corporate discount.
So total 25000rs discount only.
OTR for Nano CX is around 2.25L so after discount it still costs 2L.
How did you manage to get it for 1.7L?
Congrats on your purchase.
rock18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 21:17   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
OTR for Nano CX is around 2.25L so after discount it still costs 2L.
How did you manage to get it for 1.7L?
OTR without discount here is 2.07L since the taxes are lower. As I mentioned below I exchanged an old Kinetic to get an additional 10K off and then arm twisted the dealer to round off to 1.7L thanks to the pity sales figure this month
Old 21st March 2013, 10:18   #385
BHPian

Hi all, I got a super offer for Tata Nano CX from MohanDas Motors, Peroorkada, Trivandrum.

Cash discount ==> 20,000
Exchange Bonus==> 15,000
Corp. Discount==> 3,000
Car Price ==> 25,000
========================
Total ==> 63,000

Color ==> Papaya Orange. The only thing i disagree was the price for front / back bumper and mirror painted for 6.2K .

They offer accessories also. Will post the details in my next posts.
shiju.dba is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2013, 19:46   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiju.dba View Post
Hi all, I got a super offer for Tata Nano CX
Total ==> 63,000
Color ==> Papaya Orange. The only thing i disagree was the price for front / back bumper and mirror painted for 6.2K .
That seems to be a super offer. So what is the OTR price after all and did you buy the Nano at the end?

Also to all, is this offer a standard one across the country or a really good discount. Any one with a better offer than this?
girishglg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2013, 09:54   #387
Senior - BHPian

I am at KHT Motors in Whitefield to fix my Palio. There is a board here that says that Nano's wheelcaps are available for 295 Rs for a set of 4, whereas the MRP is 1180. The offer is valid only for today.
rohanjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2013, 21:08   #388

I am a regular to tbhp & to the Hyderabad tbhp meets but never wrote a post. Gained immensely from this site in understanding everything about cars & in my decisions to own a Hyunday i10 & now a Nano.
I have been passionately following every post related to Tatanano on the forums & have been planning to buy it as a second car. The dream is now true. Got a Nano CX 2012 special addition last week . I will randomly jot down my feedback so pardon for not going in a sequence.
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-wp_000255.jpg
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-wp_000224.jpg
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-wp_000233.jpg

1) I have a Hyundai i10 since 2010 but somehow Nano was always in my mind. This is primarily for my wife who currently uses an Honda Activa & drives to work along with my kid (she is a teacher). The nonexistent roads in our area coupled with horrible traffic always gives me jitters when I see them on 2 wheeler carrying all the luggage. In December I short closed my loan on i10 & my journey for Nano began. Got my new Nano ,CX 2012 special edition papya orange last week.
2) Thanks to GTO, Silverado, honeybee, Madtiger, svsantosh, kmmohanan whose posts have helped me in understanding about Nano.
3) I did a test drive at Tejaswi Motors, Moosapet, Hyderabad in Jan & felt it matches with all that was told on the web. Took a quote from them.
4) Basically chose nano for safety it offers in comparison to a 2 wheeler, small foot print which is very essential to wade through the Hyderabad traffic by wifey who is new to car driving & the cost. The cost of car is relatively cheap so it wouldn’t pinch me even if some dents/ scratches happens when wife takes it out.
5) Costing:
Ex show room price- 189096
Life Tax (14% as 2nd vehicle)- 26723
Insurance- 6730
Permanent registration charges- 3000
Total- Rs 225549
Exchanged my 1 year old Honda Shine , Dec 2011, Alloys, self start, Black colour & run only 1950 km
Exchange price Rs 52000 (Cost of vehicle 44500 + 2 wheeler exchange bonus 7500)

Took Bank loan from syndicate Bank for Rs 170000 as I was getting 52000 as 2 wheeler exchange. Bank has tie up with my company so has the facility to preclose the loan. Opted for salary deduction of 11000 permonth (17months loan) Interest is around 10.3% so for 17 months I will be paying approx 18000 more as interest
Bank charges:
Processing fee nil as special offer for March month- 0
DD charges: 1000
Stamp paper charges : 1160

6) Freebies received
Mud flaps
Matting
Bodycover
Teflon coating (at first service)
7) 2012 special edition freebies
Alloy wheels
Blaupunkt music system
Glove boxes
Graphics (CX model doesn’t have but got it done by negotiation)

8) Accessories fixed (from the dealer)
Auto cop central locking system: Rs 4000
Nipon parking sensors: 2000
Steering cover 250
Rub rails: 1000

9) Dealer experience has been good (not excellent like Hyundai). They made couple of goof ups in the quote. I was initially told there is corporate discount of Rs 4000 & exchange cost of 2 wheeler as Rs 53000. Having enough experience about Tata dealers I sent the sales exec a mail with excel sheet of the costing & asked them to confirm back by mail. Then suddenly came to know that corporate discount is not there for special edition & also 2 wheeler exchange cost is less by 1000.
10) Got irritated & approached Concord motors whom I earlier spoke to compare costs. They also replied back with almost similar costing. They were ready to offer 15000 less for nano without special edition. Finally decided on Tejaswi as they are nearer to my home.
11) After couple of visits to Bank got the DD for 170000 & sent a scan copy by mail to Tejaswi motors to keep the vehicle ready for a PDI. Dealer gave me a second shocker when I went to see the vehicle. Checked the VIN number MAT612227CKE44848 & deciphered it to be May 2012 make. Spoke to the branch mgr that I will not take the vehicle that is 11 months old. Did a thorough check & ascertained that it was not used as a test drive vehicle (only LX is used to show customers). Checked with the dealer records & found they received vehicle in Dec. Did not fight with the dealer as I was a Tata employee (not Tata motors) & has a special corner for Tata’s. Haggled a bit & finally got free Teflon coating to be done during first service.
12) I am not in favour of too much negotiation for Nano as the dealer margin is around Rs 6500. Out of this they give 3 lts petrol & transport charges to the dealer is on their own. So effectively around 4500 is left for them. But they do make some money in the billing which I will share later.

Now its 1 week & 300km in nano. Will post if I am really happy by buying a nano in next post. To give a hint I love this cute vehicle.
SRMurthy is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2013, 14:22   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiju.dba View Post
Hi all, I got a super offer for Tata Nano CX from MohanDas Motors, Peroorkada, Trivandrum.

The only thing i disagree was the price for front / back bumper and mirror painted for 6.2K .

Shiju, you can surely get them to do body colored bumpers, ovrm and door handle for free. Else you can get in touch with Kulathunkal motors for a deal. Get the dealers fight it out. I will PM you my contact at Kulathunkal.
Old 3rd April 2013, 10:49   #390
Senior - BHPian

My boss is taking delivery of a Papaya Orange Special Edition today. He owns a Cedia for about 4 years now but due to the low FE and increasing fuel prices, it was sparely used and that too for reasonably long commutes only. He did lot of reserach to replace his 2 wheeler ride in city and chosen Nano due to the below reasons.
  1. Low cost of ownership
  2. Easy ingress/egress
  3. Small footprint making it very easy to find parking space in a busy city like Bangalore
jacs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote