Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 3rd April 2013, 19:05   #391
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review

In my heart, I have had a great respect for the cutie ever since it was launched. Yes the packaging is brilliant but what most people overlook is the personal effect that it has. You see, a person buying a more expensive car maybe doesn't have the emotional attachment to his car that such an affordable one has. Think about it - whichever car you may be owning now, however expensive or luxurious it may be, you have a special spot in your heart reserved for your first car. And that is what this car provides, a medium to step into the four wheeler segment.

Hope that the car soon overcomes the problems due to which it hogged the limelight when it was launched and achieves its true potential.
Batfreak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2013, 10:43   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfreak View Post
In my heart, I have had a great respect for the cutie ever since it was launched. Yes the packaging is brilliant but what most people overlook is the personal effect that it has. You see, a person buying a more expensive car maybe doesn't have the emotional attachment to his car that such an affordable one has. Think about it - whichever car you may be owning now, however expensive or luxurious it may be, you have a special spot in your heart reserved for your first car. And that is what this car provides, a medium to step into the four wheeler segment.

Hope that the car soon overcomes the problems due to which it hogged the limelight when it was launched and achieves its true potential.
You write amazingly well for a 15-year old! Which school are you in?
I stay at Faridabad too!
directinjection is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2013, 00:12   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I believe it has already overcome those 'problems' you mention. After the brief spate of the burning Nanos, I think Tata's measures have been very effective in preventing a recurrence.

So it's now achieving its true potential.
honeybee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2013, 09:29   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
I believe it has already overcome those 'problems' you mention. After the brief spate of the burning Nanos, I think Tata's measures have been very effective in preventing a recurrence.

So it's now achieving its true potential.
Yeah, I was trying to go for the mental backlogs that those incidents had created in the minds of people. I would not agree that the car is still achieving its true potential. The biggest competitor, Alto sold a humongous 27,000 units in March and was the largest selling car. But the Nano managed just a measly 1,500 units and couldn't even figure in the top 20. Let the figures talk for themselves. With the brilliant packaging this car has, I believe it can manage much more.
Batfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2013, 13:57   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, I was trying to go for the mental backlogs that those incidents had created in the minds of people. I would not agree that the car is still achieving its true potential. The biggest competitor, Alto sold a humongous 27,000 units in March and was the largest selling car. But the Nano managed just a measly 1,500 units and couldn't even figure in the top 20. Let the figures talk for themselves. With the brilliant packaging this car has, I believe it can manage much more.
The diesel version should do the trick. But then........
directinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2013, 20:37   #396
BHPian

Quote:
I would not agree that the car is still achieving its true potential. The biggest competitor, Alto sold a humongous 27,000 units in March and was the largest selling car. But the Nano managed just a measly 1,500 units and couldn't even figure in the top 20. Let the figures talk for themselves. With the brilliant packaging this car has, I believe it can manage much more.
I agree. Whenever I see Alto 800s on the road, I feel sorry for the owners for missing out on this fantastic value for money. My wife and I test-drove all the A class cars - Alto 800, K-10, Eon and Spark multiple times over 2 months before getting convinced that Nano is the car to go for. And now at 2500 km have never felt even once that we made a bad decision.
rknair is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 08:46   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would not agree that the car is still achieving its true potential. The biggest competitor, Alto sold a humongous 27,000 units in March and was the largest selling car. But the Nano managed just a measly 1,500 units and couldn't even figure in the top 20. Let the figures talk for themselves. With the brilliant packaging this car has, I believe it can manage much more.
Sales figures involve much more than just a great product. If we are talking about the product itself, I think the ownership reviews should be sufficient to know the satisfaction levels of the Nano owners.

And again, there are no other cars in direct competition which have an engine as small as the Nano, so there's really no apple to apple comparison there.
honeybee is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 12:02   #398
BHPian

Hey Guys! I was always looking forward from a very long time to get the cluster lighting changed to something different from the old amber yellow combination. So now here it is a fully changed cluster lighting which has really came up very good and to my expectation levels....

Below are the pics of old cluster how it looked, and then the new one...
Name:  tatanano201204.jpg
Views: 1539
Size:  37.8 KB

Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-11052013733.jpg
sujay bhandare is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 13:10   #399
Senior - BHPian

Nice.
I too like white backlight more than any other and that's why I just love the dials in Laura. I want to change the backlight in my Tucson to white, note sure if it is possible.

Can you share details on how you did it on Nano?

Thanks
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 15:40   #400
BHPian

The instrument panel looks really nice! I must point out though, when you are driving long distances at night, a very bright instrument panel causes a lot of eye fatigue.
I've seen many cars abroad with dimmers for the dashboard lighting, don't know if any of our cars in India have this feature.
john doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 16:30   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Nice.
II want to change the backlight in my Tucson to white, note sure if it is possible.

Thanks
Actually it is quite possible to do this changeover, but it is too tiresome and complicated job. I actually dismantled the whole cluster and replaced all the LEDs with the white ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
The instrument panel looks really nice! I must point out though, when you are driving long distances at night, a very bright instrument panel causes a lot of eye fatigue.
I've seen many cars abroad with dimmers for the dashboard lighting, don't know if any of our cars in India have this feature.
Yeah actually your point is correct. Too bright clusters cause a fatigue when on long drives. I am not sure about my cluster whether it will be a problem when on long drives. But right now for my every day driving it seems good on eyes. This is much brighter than the original one, but not sure what it will be like during long drives.
sujay bhandare is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 16:32   #402

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
My 2004 Baleno Vxi has the dash board light dimmer that you are referring to.
Madhu_Bengaluru is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2013, 13:11   #403
BHPian

My mum discovered that a very hot component (to the touch) existed below the dashboard on the right side of the codrivers footwell.pic attached.We had just got the vehicle back from a accident repair session,so we were apprehensive.I rechecked this on my friends Nano.turns out,when the AC is on, this component heats up quickly.I think its the engine coolant circulating for the heater.Would anyone check on their Nano,and let me know?

Name:  ForumRunner_20130515_130454.png
Views: 1477
Size:  263.0 KB
nijelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2013, 16:56   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
I think its the engine coolant circulating for the heater.Would anyone check on their Nano,and let me know?
Yep. You are correct its the engine coolant heater grill. Its construction is similar to radiator.
sujay bhandare is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2013, 18:03   #405
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

In all Maruti cars the power steering motor and ac blower motor also gets very hot .
It is also under dashboard with direct access by hand.

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 15th May 2013 at 18:05.
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   Reply With Quote