Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 7th February 2012, 16:19   #271
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & Automatic) : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
What I mentioned is the general trend. If the stock audio gets spoiled, most people talk to the service center and when they find the price to be unreasonably high, they refer themselves to the car-audio shops from where they may purchase pioneer, kenwood etc at a lower cost.
Oh This is news to me. So was the previous HU not upto the bullet-proof reliability

Just for an FYI could someone let me know the price of the replacement Orignal HU for TFORT ?
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2012, 17:42   #272
BHPian

I have been trying to get a test drive of the AT version in Bangalore without any success. According to dealers, whatever is being shipped from the factory is being picked up by customers (even demo/TD vehicles).

Did anyone here get a chance to TD the AT? If yes, pls share your experience.
BlackRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2012, 19:14   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Oh This is news to me. So was the previous HU not upto the bullet-proof reliability

Just for an FYI could someone let me know the price of the replacement Orignal HU for TFORT ?

The original HU for the legacy fortuner is 27K!
nitinbose is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2012, 20:08   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose

The original HU for the legacy fortuner is 27K!
It sells for 5k locally.
kedarwalke is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2012, 14:46   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
Saw the facelifted fortuner today. Didn't stun me. Looked like a bling bling job for the gold chain and diamond rings crowd.

The shiny new nose with slashes and straight lines where there were curves looks only like a cheap attempt to be create flash at the expense of sober restraint and good taste.

its a fail as far as I am concerned.
Bang on... exactly my views, so much for the chrome, it makes it look cheap.

But Toyota has nothing to worry, it will still sell, despite the cost and unflattering decore.
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2012, 20:58   #276
BHPian

My Vehicle has finally arrived and im all set to take delivery of my white monster new Fortuner in a few days, It looks gorgeous in "real World" and trust me the pics don't do any justice. Butch brute looks is gone and now looks more of a controlled aggressor, more elegant indeed. I personal feel for the price difference they have done a good job , the interiors look good, the touch screen system functions great and to top it all ,VSC a life saving feature is added (P.S The Fortuner V1 which i test drove, the same car , got totaled by some morons who took it high speed swinging test run). Toyota have confirmed they have adjusted brake pressure and the braking they say is surely improved. More details in my ownership review.

Thanks GTO & T-Bhp, if not for you i would have bought the old model. I had already booked the old model. That evening after booking I read the official review(The first to review this car was T-Bhp )
I got the booking changed to the new model ASAP.

Some Pics,
Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & Automatic) : Test Drive & Review-2.jpg

Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & Automatic) : Test Drive & Review-3.jpg

Will pen down the ownership review soon.
redrage is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2012, 23:18   #277
BHPian

Congrats red rage , wish you many miles of safe drive
Fortuner71 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2012, 12:08   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
My Vehicle has finally arrived and im all set to take delivery of my white monster new Fortuner in a few days, It looks gorgeous in "real World" and trust me the pics don't do any justice.

Congrats Redrage. you'd probably be the first one in TBHP to pick the new model. I had a look at a white 4WD in Ravindu, and as you rightly said, pics don't do justice. The new looks seems to be growing on me and I like it very much. Also like the body colour ORVM.

BTW which dealership did you book in? and what was the waiting period? Were you able to TD the new model?
BlackRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 16:39   #279
BHPian

Hi guys, i have taken delivery of my white fortuner auto yesterday. I got a bit lucky because it was my birthday also and what a gi.ft to have on ones birthday
bajwasingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 17:11   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajwasingh View Post
Hi guys, i have taken delivery of my white fortuner auto yesterday. I got a bit lucky because it was my birthday also and what a gi.ft to have on ones birthday

What a Gift..congratulations
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 17:17   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajwasingh View Post
Congrats Bajwasingh and a belated happy birthday . wish you many miles of safe and happy ownership .
Time to start a thread of your own with some pictures of the white beast.
Fortuner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 20:07   #282
BHPian

Quote:
My Vehicle has finally arrived and im all set to take delivery of my white monster new Fortuner in a few days, It looks gorgeous in "real World" and trust me the pics don't do any justice. Butch brute looks is gone and now looks more of a controlled aggressor, more elegant indeed. I personal feel for the price difference they have done a good job , the interiors look good, the touch screen system functions great and to top it all ,VSC a life saving feature is added (P.S The Fortuner V1 which i test drove, the same car , got totaled by some morons who took it high speed swinging test run). Toyota have confirmed they have adjusted brake pressure and the braking they say is surely improved. More details in my ownership review.

Thanks GTO & T-Bhp, if not for you i would have bought the old model. I had already booked the old model. That evening after booking I read the official review(The first to review this car was T-Bhp )
I got the booking changed to the new model ASAP.

Some Pics,
Attachment 884718

Attachment 884719

Will pen down the ownership review soon.
I was in a dilemma prior to today and this was cleared only today when we saw the new Mica Grey shade side by side with the Mica Silver. We more or less decided to book the Mica Grey sometime next week. Somehow, I missed this post of yours and now when I saw the new Fortuner in white in the pictures posted by you, I am again confused. The new grill and subtle changes make the vehicle so much more elegant and majestic in white. However, I am kind of superstitious and skeptical of getting another white vehicle considering the fact that the current fleet of vehicles I own are all white and they are constantly getting their share of scratches and nicks sometimes, just after coming out of the workshop which irks me no less. I will make up my mind in the next few days and see how it goes. Thanks for the pictures though.
SumitB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 16:58   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post

BTW which dealership did you book in? and what was the waiting period? Were you able to TD the new model?
Picked it up from Nandi, was one of the first to book and i got it in 43 days. I had only done the TD for the old model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I was in a dilemma prior to today and this was cleared only today when we saw the new Mica Grey shade side by side with the Mica Silver. We more or less decided to book the Mica Grey sometime next week. Somehow, I missed this post of yours and now when I saw the new Fortuner in white in the pictures posted by you, I am again confused. The new grill and subtle changes make the vehicle so much more elegant and majestic in white. However, I am kind of superstitious and skeptical of getting another white vehicle considering the fact that the current fleet of vehicles I own are all white and they are constantly getting their share of scratches and nicks sometimes, just after coming out of the workshop which irks me no less. I will make up my mind in the next few days and see how it goes. Thanks for the pictures though.
The white indeed looks elegant and a few of them looking at it from the front asked whether it was an import. They grey too looks pretty good in flesh but somehow at home they were pretty insistent that they wanted to go for a white T-Fort. I got complete 3M detailing done and as far as dust goes nothing settles on the vehicle. (Did a day trip of 750+ kms to Chennai & back) and still the vehicle looked sparkling.

More pictures taken from the SLR coming up.

Last edited by redrage : 24th February 2012 at 17:03.
redrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2012, 18:41   #284
BHPian

Hi,
I have booked an automatic fortuner in silver today.I'm looking for an owners review of the autobox performance on the highway.I know it is a 4 speed box & hope its not too dated to use.My other cars are automatics as well a 4 speed I20 & the E60 530d.
Should get delivery in about 4 to 5 months.
Sandeepm777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 10:23   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Picked it up from Nandi, was one of the first to book and i got it in 43 days. I had only done the TD for the old model.

The white indeed looks elegant and a few of them looking at it from the front asked whether it was an import. They grey too looks pretty good in flesh but somehow at home they were pretty insistent that they wanted to go for a white T-Fort. I got complete 3M detailing done and as far as dust goes nothing settles on the vehicle. (Did a day trip of 750+ kms to Chennai & back) and still the vehicle looked sparkling.

More pictures taken from the SLR coming up.
Congratulations! Hope to run across you someday in the jungles. Or maybe we can plan a trip together :-)
nilanjanray is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote