Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 25th May 2014, 08:46   #631
KMT
BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & Automatic) : Test Drive & Review

AJo, SB, Nayak and Fiend
Thank you for your tips.
Settled for a 2013 5sp AT.
Depending on driving style I got 13-14.5kmpl on the MID on the Bangalore- Coorg Highway.
AT made the drive a breeze.
KMT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2014, 09:50   #632
BHPian

Autocar has revealed in an exclusive report that Toyota is finally launching the 4x4 Automatic version of the Fortuner this year. This is great news as we can finally have the convenience of an automatic with the capability of a four wheel drive. A base 2.5 litre engine powered 4x2 model is also being launched, for about a lakh less than the current base version.
ashnd is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2014, 00:15   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnd View Post
Autocar has revealed in an exclusive report that Toyota is finally launching the 4x4 Automatic version of the Fortuner this year. This is great news as we can finally have the convenience of an automatic with the capability of a four wheel drive.
Any updates on this news ? As expected the dealership says it has no knowledge of such a development.
manujkansal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2014, 06:41   #634
AJo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
AJo, SB, Nayak and Fiend
Thank you for your tips.
Settled for a 2013 5sp AT.
Depending on driving style I got 13-14.5kmpl on the MID on the Bangalore- Coorg Highway.
AT made the drive a breeze.
Fantastic FE figures! You said "2013 5Sp-AT"?
If you don't mind me asking - Is this a new vehicle or a pre-owned? Can you share the price? (I am asking since I was in the market for a pre-owned one for sometime, but finally bought a new one in March'14 since did not see any rationally priced 5 speed ones in the used market). Have a friend who is still interested in a 5-speed AT used one so price figures would help him.
Thanks,
AJ
AJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2014, 10:18   #635
KMT
BHPian

I will pm you then details.
There FE is as per MID. I gave not yet filled the tank to cross check.
KMT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2014, 11:33   #636

A very mature, evolved and reliabel SUV, which is a treat to drive. Its not meant for amateur rookies who drive zig zak, but for seasoned cruisors. It has fantastic engine which delivers fantastic torque and the suspension is ideal for off-roading and highway cruise. It does tend to understeer due to the sheer tyre size 265/65 R17. The gear ratios are tuned to perfection and its so impeccably done that you do not feel to upshift or downshift in hilly driving when cruising between 40 to 60 KMPH. The maintenance is cheaper than a 10 Lakh sedan. All three row seats are designed like luxury couches and have good under thigh support. It has no competition in its segment and has tempted buyers of Prado which is 65 lakh +. Its by far the best value for money travel machine in India.
rps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2014, 14:40   #637
BNR

This is a Thank You post.

Had it not been for...

1. The ability of Gunderian to make it seem like we can all be as diligent as him and the effort to maintain one's vehicle is mere child’s play
2. Nilanjanray’s passion to drive and shoot (solo drives, awesome photography)
3. Dkaile ownership thread
4. Manuuj’s ownership, travelogues and his first-hand experience with other premium SUVs alongside
5. Amolpol's awesome comparison with the Safari (it's almost like a text-book) and his travelogues with his little daughter and the eventual beginning of munching miles with his Fortuner
6. Contribution of newbie owners like - getsurya, bibin, kaizakistan. Each and everyone - can't thank you enough for sharing! (forgive me if I forget any names, chalk it up to the onset of old age!)
7. Last and not the least in any way is the Team BHP review

...I wouldn’t have dreamt, dreamt and dreamt some more about the Fortuner.

These various threads make us believe that the journey, although uniquely our own, will be just as inspiring and dreamlike; and that the Fortuner is an integral, intrinsic part of those memories.

For now, I can’t wait for the delivery day and I can’t believe that it is actually happening.

I am buying the 4x2AT from Madhuban Toyota Khar, Mumbai. And the delivery date is just around the corner!

Oh yes, this ones already got an identity. He's called -
MR. BLISS!
BNR is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2014, 07:31   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNR View Post
This is a Thank You post.

For now, I can’t wait for the delivery day and I can’t believe that it is actually happening.

I am buying the 4x2AT from Madhuban Toyota Khar, Mumbai. And the delivery date is just around the corner!

MR. BLISS!
Congratulations on your purchase. Waiting for pictures and a detailed account of the experience with Mr Bliss

PS: I am in the same position. Eagerly waiting for my 4x2AT Fortuner The wait is just a killer.
manujkansal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2014, 16:43   #639
BHPian

Hi All

I wanted to check if there is a fortune facelift expected in the next 1-2 months? If not, do we know when the next facelift is expected?

Thanks
Kartik
hajaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2014, 11:13   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajaar View Post
Hi All

I wanted to check if there is a fortune facelift expected in the next 1-2 months? If not, do we know when the next facelift is expected?

Thanks
Kartik
Hi Kartik,

No Facelift is expected in next 1-2 months. However all New Fortuner would come up sometime next year.
The New Fortuner would be high in Luxury & features but may lack the robust look, which is driving its fans today.

So you have to choose between looks or Luxury. I know the wait would be killing.
Wanderers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 15:39   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
MR. BLISS!
Hello BNR,

Many congratulations for deciding upon the wonderful car and also for selecting an awesome name! Be 'BLISS'ed!!
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2014, 10:50   #642
BHPian

What are the 4 forward options meant for in the auto fortoner, I read L is for keeping the vehicle engaged in First Gear, not sure on the other options. Does it have something similar to Sports Mode like in BM..
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2014, 11:28   #643
BHPian

Update on new variants of Fortuner.

Dear Fortuner lovers,
Refer link below.

We now have 2.5L 142 BHP 4X2 version as entry variant and 4X4 3.0L Automatic at top of the line.
So its going to be delight for 4X4 Automatic lovers.
But I doubt if 2.5L would generate much interest as price difference of 1 lakh may not account for the loss of 38 BHP.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...on-390670.aspx
Wanderers is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2014, 15:28   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Update on new variants of Fortuner.
But I doubt if 2.5L would generate much interest as price difference of 1 lakh may not account for the loss of 38 BHP.
You are right 1 lakh of difference will not mean much on the cost the at which the current Fortuner is, and if Toyota wants to target a totally new customer set who would like to upgrade to from the likes of Scorpio, XUV, Yeti etc. they will have to have a decent price gap between the 3.0 & 2.5 even if it means trimming a few bells and whistles (which are already sparse in the Fortuner) from the 2.5.

Last edited by m_upreti : 7th October 2014 at 15:30.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 19:23   #645
BHPian

Is it possible to get the dealer to show you when the vehicle arrived, so as to avoid taking one with an older manufacturing date?
kkdelhi is offline   Reply With Quote