Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2013, 10:45   #76
Distinguished - BHPian
 
volkman10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 10,062
Thanked: 15,602 Times
Default Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Details of the special edition published!

Special Edition would add a few features to the spacious mid size sedan. The added features come in the form of a rear parking camera (which we have always thought was necessary given the Sunny’s extended length), a new touch screen multimedia system and a rear spoiler with a chrome garnished trunk lid.
The touch screen multimedia system from Kenwood would now support DVD & USB, apart from including satellite navigation and Bluetooth phone pairing for audio streaming and telephony. The Dolby dts logo can be seen on the system as well
The car sported leather/leatherette beige seats as well. It was also found that the dashboard of the car was all black and this suggested that the special edition would be for the base XE model only.

Nissan have just recently updated their website and the pricing for the Sunny Special Edition ex showrrom Delhi:
  • Nissan Sunny XV Special Edition Petrol : INR 8,60,054/
  • Nissan Sunny XV Special Edition Diesel : INR 9,68,931/-
http://indianautosblog.com/2013/02/n...#ixzz2KBfb9nlx
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 19:29   #77
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 69
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Details of the special edition published!

Special Edition would add a few features to the spacious mid size sedan. The added features come in the form of a rear parking camera (which we have always thought was necessary given the Sunny’s extended length), a new touch screen multimedia system and a rear spoiler with a chrome garnished trunk lid.
The touch screen multimedia system from Kenwood would now support DVD & USB, apart from including satellite navigation and Bluetooth phone pairing for audio streaming and telephony. The Dolby dts logo can be seen on the system as well
The car sported leather/leatherette beige seats as well. It was also found that the dashboard of the car was all black and this suggested that the special edition would be for the base XE model only.

Nissan have just recently updated their website and the pricing for the Sunny Special Edition ex showrrom Delhi:
  • Nissan Sunny XV Special Edition Petrol : INR 8,60,054/
  • Nissan Sunny XV Special Edition Diesel : INR 9,68,931/-
http://indianautosblog.com/2013/02/n...#ixzz2KBfb9nlx
Any updated pictures of this new Sunny?
Interiror and Exterior....
vineet1712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2013, 00:03   #78
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,449
Thanked: 6,438 Times
Default Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review

I went for a TD 2 days back & the SA didn't mention anything about the special edition.

I drove the car and man, what a fantastic package it is!! SUPERB driveablity, comfort, space - everything is nice. I am usually put off by the greige interior, I didn't even notice that once I started driving. But the plastics just do NOT feel cheap. That's one good thing about it.

The only let down was the rear blower - just could NOT keep the rear chilled on an afternoon! It was blowing hot air all the way. I know it doesn't have a compressor & it's just blower, but still!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 15th February 2013 at 00:04.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 19:20   #79
BHPian
 
Achyuth Vaibhav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vellore(TN,Ind)
Posts: 374
Thanked: 207 Times
Default Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I went for a TD 2 days back & the SA didn't mention anything about the special edition.

I drove the car and man, what a fantastic package it is!! SUPERB driveablity, comfort, space - everything is nice. I am usually put off by the greige interior, I didn't even notice that once I started driving. But the plastics just do NOT feel cheap. That's one good thing about it.

The only let down was the rear blower - just could NOT keep the rear chilled on an afternoon! It was blowing hot air all the way. I know it doesn't have a compressor & it's just blower, but still!

The rear fan does not have a compressor.It's just a mere blower.It sucks the air from the central vents and throws them at the rear passenger.

The Special has a 50k difference between the regular XV.So a Renault Scala RxZ at cheaper $$$.The SE has a kenwood Hu,Leather steering(It's alredy available in the regular XV),Leather seat covers that are different from the Scala ,Rear spoiler with chrome garnish and reverse camera and sensors.
Achyuth Vaibhav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2013, 00:19   #80
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,480
Thanked: 3,625 Times
Default Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review

How important is it to stick to the 6 month/10k km service interval? Its kind of a headache to send the car for service every 6 months at a time where almost every other manufacturer specifies a 12months/10k km interval. My car runs around 6-7k kms in 6 months and hence the query. Ofcourse there would be warranty issues I am guessing. This would also increase the TCO. Also do they consider each of these services as a major one since the km requirement specified is 10k kms. For comparison in case of Innova the requirement is 6months/5k kms in which they conduct a major service every 10k kms where the oil etc is changed, whereas at the 5k km interval service its only the washing, general check up and top up of fluids that is performed which keeps the overall TCO in check.
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2013, 00:23   #81
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Patiala
Posts: 7
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review

The Speedometer in XV and XL are different . Is it possible to fit the speedometer of Xv in XL model and moreover XL model comes without fog lights. Is it possible to fit the lights in XL. The dealer said that the XL model has not wiring provision for fog lamps.Please tell what to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
The Nissan Sunny Diesel has been launched in India at a price of 7.98 - 8.78 Lakh (ex-Delhi).

What you'll like:

• Spectacular rear leg room and comfortable rear bench
• Excellent city driveability, great low end torque and the promise of diesel economy
• Mature and compliant ride matched by predictable handling
• Convenience & comfort features such as true keyless-entry & start, rear fan vents, folding mirrors etc.
• Interior quality & cabin fit / finish
• Safety kit is consistent on both variants (ABS, EBD, Brake Assist & 2 Airbags)

What you won't:

• Brakes feel slow to react and aren't confidence-inspiring
• Noticeable road-noise once you get up to highway speeds
• Vague gearbox isn't always keen to slot into gear
• No base (XE) variant offered on the diesel
• Rear head-room & under-thigh support are in short supply
• Nissan's dealer network is still fairly limited, most cities have just one dealer.

NOTE: Click any picture to open a larger high-res version in a new window.
camaee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2013, 16:02   #82
BHPian
 
Safety is Param's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Cosmopolitan
Posts: 298
Thanked: 189 Times
Default Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaee View Post
Please tell what to do
Have you considered buying the XV variant instead?

It's better to have all parts factory fitted instead of getting them altered at the dealer level.

Also, apart from the meters and fog lights, I believe you also have the Start / Stop button (keyless entry) in the top end variant, not to mention the difference in interiors as well (like the chrome door opening handles, etc.)

Even the tires you get on the top end variant are alloys, minus the spare.

At the end of the day, the features will nullify the difference between the XL and XV variants.

I checked all variants before zeroing down on the XV variant, hence, my comments above.

Thanks!
Safety is Param is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2013, 20:11   #83
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,480
Thanked: 3,625 Times
Default Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review

My father just took the Sunny to Chandigarh and called me up telling that the heater is not working. The weird thing is that the AC is working fine as in the cooling part of it is fine but the heater function is not working apparently. Aren't the two related? Also I believe there is no separate button to start the heater right other than to just increase the temperature on the AC display to lets say 32 degrees. It goes maximum to 32 degrees.
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2013, 20:52   #84
BHPian
 
EFF-EIGHT-BEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Patiala
Posts: 181
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Aren't the two related? Also I believe there is no separate button to start the heater right other than to just increase the temperature on the AC display to lets say 32 degrees. It goes maximum to 32 degrees.
No sir they work from a separate system, the heater actually takes heat from the engine's coolant. I think the actuator which controls the heat valve is not working or it could be a simple linkage broken from knob to actuator. Also check the fuse too.
EFF-EIGHT-BEE is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2013, 21:08   #85
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 10
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Is a new version of Sunny on the cards soon? Our family is considering a new diesel car at ~ 10L, I noticed that if we could stretch our budget a little, we could get the Sunny top variant. Seems like a better car to get than our current candidate of Honda Amaze diesel top variant. Does anyone know what the OTR price for the Special Edition in Chennai?
sarav87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2013, 21:15   #86
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,480
Thanked: 3,625 Times
Default Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
No sir they work from a separate system, the heater actually takes heat from the engine's coolant. I think the actuator which controls the heat valve is not working or it could be a simple linkage broken from knob to actuator. Also check the fuse too.
But the mechanism to switch on the heater function is just this only right? That is to simply set the desired temperature to lets say 30 degrees. The problem is its been ages since I used the heater function and hence just assuming that there is a small chance that dad might be making some mistake in switching on the heater and hence the fault.

For instance in my Altis after 32 degrees it has H1 and H2 which are heater modes.
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2013, 21:34   #87
BHPian
 
EFF-EIGHT-BEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Patiala
Posts: 181
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
My father just took the Sunny to Chandigarh and called me up telling that the heater is not working. The weird thing is that the AC is working fine as in the cooling part of it is fine but the heater function is not working apparently. Aren't the two related? Also I believe there is no separate button to start the heater right other than to just increase the temperature on the AC display to lets say 32 degrees. It goes maximum to 32 degrees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
But the mechanism to switch on the heater function is just this only right? That is to simply set the desired temperature to lets say 30 degrees. The problem is its been ages since I used the heater function and hence just assuming that there is a small chance that dad might be making some mistake in switching on the heater and hence the fault.

For instance in my Altis after 32 degrees it has H1 and H2 which are heater modes.
In auto climate control system the heating works only if the temperature set is above the ambient/outside temperature, might be your dad is not setting above it. Since you mentioned that heater was used long ago then the actuator might be jammed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
In auto climate control system the heating works only if the temperature set is above the ambient/outside temperature, might be your dad is not setting above it. Since you mentioned that heater was used long ago then the actuator might be jammed.
Edit- also a basic question, did your dad used the heater immediately after a cold start? If yes then the heater usually works to its proper efficiency only after the car has run some 6-7 kms!
[/quote]

Last edited by Eddy : 7th December 2013 at 22:24. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread. Thanks.
EFF-EIGHT-BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2013, 21:49   #88
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,480
Thanked: 3,625 Times
Default Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
Edit- also a basic question, did your dad used the heater immediately after a cold start? If yes then the heater usually works to its proper efficiency only after the car has run some 6-7 kms!
[/quote]

Nope he used it well after the engine reached its ambient running temperature. And the temperature he set was 30 but according to me the system was still throwing cold air. So I guess there is some fault with the mechanism and will get it checked at the ASS once the car is back in Delhi.
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2013, 13:27   #89
BHPian
 
Safety is Param's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Cosmopolitan
Posts: 298
Thanked: 189 Times
Default Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
But the mechanism to switch on the heater function is just this only right? That is to simply set the desired temperature to lets say 30 degrees...For instance in my Altis after 32 degrees it has H1 and H2 which are heater modes.
Yes, this is the correct way to initiate the Heating function. I saw your post and immediately thought of trying it, however, since the car was cold, I couldn't achieve the desired heating in the 1 min that I tried. I will give it one more shot when the car has actually run 7 to 8 kms in the evening.

The temperature can be set to a max of 32 degrees. No H1 / H2 in the SUNNY.

At 32 degrees, Auto Mode works only for the A/C vents in the foot well. If you try to change the Mode, the A/C switches over to Manual. Tried this twice. At 25 degrees, which is what I set the A/C to normally, the Auto Mode works for both, the foot well as well as the remaining vents (nothing great, but just something fyi)

On a separate note, after my recent trip to Bandipur and back, I am getting a fan sound whenever I switch ON the blower with / without the A/C. Nothing from under the bonnet, but just from inside the cabin.

The sound it makes is something that a cinema reel spindle makes, once the reel on it has unwound completely. Remember those endless movies where we have come across this scene? Although I have zipped it and uploaded here, I am not sure if folks would be able to have a look at it. It was recorded using my mobile.

fan noise.zip

This is so irritating me since a week now. Service Centre is min 20 kms from my place, and I am not sure when will I be able to squeeze in some time to visit them.

Any pointers?

Last edited by Safety is Param : 8th December 2013 at 13:32.
Safety is Param is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2013, 16:20   #90
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,480
Thanked: 3,625 Times
Default Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post

The sound it makes is something that a cinema reel spindle makes, once the reel on it has unwound completely. Remember those endless movies where we have come across this scene? Although I have zipped it and uploaded here, I am not sure if folks would be able to have a look at it. It was recorded using my mobile.

Any pointers?
I had a somewhat similar but little louder than this noise from the AC blower in my Altis. The reason was due to a Rat that had gone in and chewed the AC filter from few places. The chewed foam parts interfered with the AC fan and resulted in a similar voice. The mechanic cleared all these parts in two minutes and it all went back to normal. The AC filter was still salvageable and so was spared the cost to replace it.
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 334 19th October 2017 09:34
Sunny days are here again...Nissan Sunny Diesel XL AbhiJ Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 98 11th May 2017 12:06
Nissan Sunny : Test Drive & Review mobike008 Official New Car Reviews 281 16th November 2016 11:34
Nissan Sunny vs VW Vento TDI EDIT: Its a Sunny Diesel XLD drmohitg Sedans 125 28th June 2012 21:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:14.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks