Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2012, 22:44   #211
BHPian
 
mayank10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 73
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Maruti Dzire : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
I beg to differ here.

Maruti's Made In India models' spare parts cost peanuts compared to Toyotas.

More important is the fact that there are authorised spare parts stockists for Maruti ; gives one an option of buying genuine parts and getting the job done at any preferred workshop.

Toyota? great only in overseas markets where genuine parts are available off the shelf ; not the case in India.
Probably you are talking about a scenario that prevailed 5 years back.
Please check ownership threads of swift owners and you will get to know Maruti Suzuki's service and spares are no more dirt cheap (Or peanuts).

Maruti may still be the cheapest, however, the difference between the price is not a deal breaker anymore.
Just to give you an example, Swift's second service is costing owners 3500- 5000, whereas Etios/ Liva first service is absolutely free and second service is approx 1000-1500. (As observed in ownership reviews).

P.S. My Liva first service cost me Rs. 19. Second is still 6 months away, will update.
mayank10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 09:00   #212
Senior - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,003
Thanked: 2,930 Times
Default Re: Maruti Dzire : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank10 View Post
Swift's second service is costing owners 3500- 5000, whereas Etios/ Liva first service is absolutely free and second service is approx 1000-1500. (As observed in ownership reviews).
For my the Dzire ZDI(previous version) it cost me Rs. 140 for the second service(6 months back). Strange to hear that it is costing 3500- 5000 for Swift.
Third Servicing cost me Rs. 1778
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 11:41   #213
BHPian
 
ankurvirmani19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 249
Thanked: 76 Times
Default Re: Maruti Dzire : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
For my the Dzire ZDI(previous version) it cost me Rs. 140 for the second service(6 months back). Strange to hear that it is costing 3500- 5000 for Swift.
Third Servicing cost me Rs. 1778
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank10 View Post
Maruti may still be the cheapest, however, the difference between the price is not a deal breaker anymore.
Just to give you an example, Swift's second service is costing owners 3500- 5000, whereas Etios/ Liva first service is absolutely free and second service is approx 1000-1500. (As observed in ownership reviews).
I just got second service done for my New Swift Zdi on 28th, I didn't pay a single penny for that.

Mayank just for my information, can you tell me at how much kms was the service done for Swift? Because if the second service as stated by you has been done at 10000 kms, then it would probably cost around 3000 as all the oils/ filters are changed. But generally the 2nd service as stated by MSIL has to be done at 5000 kms which costs for free.
Also, it would be great if you can share the service invoice.
ankurvirmani19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 16:56   #214
Senior - BHPian
 
romeomidhun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,409
Thanked: 1,428 Times
Default Re: Maruti Dzire : Test Drive & Review

Seems that DZire is a huge hit for Maruti. Feb 2012 sales is around 15K units! It may include the demo and display vehicles, but still, seems like a better seller than old DZire.
romeomidhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 16:20   #215
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 3,536
Thanked: 5,401 Times
Default Re: Maruti Dzire : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank10 View Post
Maruti may still be the cheapest, however, the difference between the price is not a deal breaker anymore.
Just to give you an example, Swift's second service is costing owners 3500- 5000, whereas Etios/ Liva first service is absolutely free and second service is approx 1000-1500. (As observed in ownership reviews).

P.S. My Liva first service cost me Rs. 19. Second is still 6 months away, will update.
Where did you get that figure for the Swift? Is that the cost for a oil change (synthetic) for the new Diesels?

For the first 2 services with mineral oil & filter change, it wouldn't cross INR1200 for the Diesel.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 16:26   #216
Senior - BHPian
 
Latheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore/Kannur
Posts: 2,727
Thanked: 1,752 Times
Default Re: Maruti Dzire : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Seems that DZire is a huge hit for Maruti. Feb 2012 sales is around 15K units! It may include the demo and display vehicles, but still, seems like a better seller than old DZire.
Dont think so, never seen a single new Swift on bangalore road yet. But I observed one thing, number of Dezir taxis are increasing like anything.

If Maruti can produce enough old Dezir to meet taxi customers and new one for private buyers; Maintaining 10-15K sales a month will not be a tough task!
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2012, 00:24   #217
Senior - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,003
Thanked: 2,930 Times
Default Re: Maruti Dzire : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Dont think so, never seen a single new Swift on bangalore road yet. But I observed one thing, number of Dezir taxis are increasing like anything.

If Maruti can produce enough old Dezir to meet taxi customers and new one for private buyers; Maintaining 10-15K sales a month will not be a tough task!
I have spotted around 10 new Dzire's in bangalore till date. But we will no the real demand only after 5 or 6 months. Right now there will be backlog of Old Dzire booking converted to the new Dzire as well.
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2012, 01:52   #218
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,247
Thanked: 5,379 Times
Default Re: Maruti Dzire : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Seems that DZire is a huge hit for Maruti. Feb 2012 sales is around 15K units! It may include the demo and display vehicles, but still, seems like a better seller than old DZire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
...Maintaining 10-15K sales a month will not be a tough task!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
...Right now there will be backlog of Old Dzire booking converted to the new Dzire as well.
Its NOT that Dzire suddenly became a bigger hit! It was a BIG hit from the day it was launched and continues to be so even after 5-6 years. The better delivery numbers is due to the increased capacity. Remember, the Manesar plant is used ONLY for Swift & Dzire now and they have shifted the rest of the cars' production to some other plant! Previously they were having production constraints due to which around 20,000 total units were manufactured and now it's become 35,000 units! Probably the additional engine numbers from Fiat is also helping it.

But I guess in another 1 year, the waiting periods will come down drastically!
swiftnfurious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2012, 20:55   #219
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 86
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Maruti Dzire : Test Drive & Review

The waiting period for even a petrol dzire (for specific colors such as the newly included Pacific Blue and glistening grey) is 1.5 months...
I have booked the pacific blue. Only the white and silver colors are available in 1-2 weeks period.
MadhuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 09:42   #220
BHPian
 
cruiser_1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 311
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Maruti Dzire : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhuG View Post
The waiting period for even a petrol dzire (for specific colors such as the newly included Pacific Blue and glistening grey) is 1.5 months...
I have booked the pacific blue. Only the white and silver colors are available in 1-2 weeks period.
Did you check with all the other Maruti dealers in Chennai? I was able to get a Pacific blue diesel in 21 days of booking. You should get a petrol much earlier than 2 months.
cruiser_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 10:09   #221
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 137
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Maruti Dzire : Test Drive & Review

Got delivery of my White Dzire ZDI yesterday. Fun to drive! Today's morning office drive returned around 20.5 KMPL and the feeling of having a tankful of fuel for Rs.1800 odd was awesome.

Will write a detailed review over a period.

@GTO, amazing review. Never felt that I was driving a new car, the review actually gives a feeling that one has already driven the car.

Last edited by Adi_k : 5th March 2012 at 10:12.
Adi_k is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 10:46   #222
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 86
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Maruti Dzire : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
Did you check with all the other Maruti dealers in Chennai? I was able to get a Pacific blue diesel in 21 days of booking. You should get a petrol much earlier than 2 months.
Congrats on your new car cruiser_1982.
I booked on 13 Feb. I have checked in ABT, Khivraj and Popular. None of them are able to.
I am trying to get it ASAP

Last edited by MadhuG : 5th March 2012 at 10:50.
MadhuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 11:02   #223
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 86
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Maruti Dzire : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi_k View Post
Got delivery of my White Dzire ZDI yesterday. Fun to drive! Today's morning office drive returned around 20.5 KMPL and the feeling of having a tankful of fuel for Rs.1800 odd was awesome.

Will write a detailed review over a period.

@GTO, amazing review. Never felt that I was driving a new car, the review actually gives a feeling that one has already driven the car.
Congrats Adi_k on your new machine. I am sure you would enjoy driving the Dzire. Its always a great feeling to see 20+ FE fig. on your dashboard...
Hope we will get to read your buying experience and initial impressions soon.
MadhuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 17:03   #224
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 71
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Maruti Dzire : Test Drive & Review

I had booked a White VXI which was promised to be deilvered on 9th March, but now the dealer is saying the allocation is cancelled by Maruti and the car would be leaving the Factory by 7th or 8th and I can get the delivery only by 19th or 20th March. I have the Order number given by the dealership, is it possible to check online on Maruti's site or somewhere the status of this order?

Had a chat with the Sales Manager of Vidarbha Region and he is also saying that there was some problem in allocation by Maruti. Please le tme know if this can be checked somewhere.
caabhishek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 19:30   #225
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: |
Posts: 566
Thanked: 195 Times
Default Re: Maruti Dzire : Test Drive & Review

A friend of mine has Booked D'zire top end with all the bells and whistles thrown in . He casually mentioned the same to me and knowing him fully, i casually asked him if he has taken a TD or not , to which he replied in negative. Banged him left and right and send him for a TD . needless to say , he came back disappointed and with his booking cancellation receipt in hand .

cajoled him a bit for the reason and per se , he did ;t felt safe in the car above 80 . off course i made him read through this detailed T - BHP review as well. All in All thanks to T- BHP and GTO for a Nice detailed review.
.sushilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DZire gets fulfilled : 2013 Silky Silver Maruti DZire Vxi dZired Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 50 14th July 2014 11:39
Let's Dzire again, but this time ZDi. My Maruti Dzire. EDIT: Totalled rockporiom Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 86 18th November 2013 16:26
Suspension upgrade for Dzire (Maruti Swift Dzire) Murugan Modifications & Accessories 15 12th September 2010 12:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks