Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2013, 19:40   #211
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 13,994
Thanked: 17,743 Times
Default Re: Audi Q3 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Surely this would have had an annual bullet payment?
Nope no bullet payment scheme. It's a 7 year loan. 6 lakhs down payment, 37K emi. This is supposedly for on-road price bangalore.

If you calculate it comes to 31 lakhs (37 X 84) and 6 lakhs so a total of 37 lakhs.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2013, 19:47   #212
Distinguished - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 7,869
Thanked: 4,931 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Nope no bullet payment scheme. It's a 7 year loan. 6 lakhs down payment, 37K emi. This is supposedly for on-road price bangalore.

If you calculate it comes to 31 lakhs (37 X 84) and 6 lakhs so a total of 37 lakhs.
Would this be then, for the top spec quattro variant?
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2013, 19:57   #213
BHPian
 
.Albatross.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NCR
Posts: 117
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Audi Q3 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post
I had received a mailer from them for the first 100 customers, 6 lacs dp and 37k emi for 84 months. On road cost.
I found a little ambiguity in the installment amounts being quoted here and the ones which i would find in the newspaper/online advertisements.

Rs 33,657 for 84 months after a down-payment of 6 lakhs is the latest that I noticed on IAB . It aint a difference small enough to be overlooked .

Is the difference because of varying registration amounts ?
.Albatross. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2013, 20:57   #214
BHPian
 
Karan1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Thane
Posts: 157
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Albatross. View Post

I found a little ambiguity in the installment amounts being quoted here and the ones which i would find in the newspaper/online advertisements.

Rs 33,657 for 84 months after a down-payment of 6 lakhs is the latest that I noticed on IAB . It aint a difference small enough to be overlooked .

Is the difference because of varying registration amounts ?
My bad it's 33657 for 84 months. No bullet mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

Would this be then, for the top spec quattro variant?
I doubt unless they are giving a discount as I had heard the top end costs 43 - 44 on road.

Last edited by ajmat : 16th June 2013 at 22:20.
Karan1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2013, 23:25   #215
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Baroda
Posts: 140
Thanked: 63 Times
Default Re: Audi Q3 : Official Review

^^^
I recently I called for the scheme details and test drove the car too. I can confirm that there is a bullet payment of RS. 2 lacs on the 12th month of all the 7 yrs. so to the calculation you add about 14 lacs.

The advertisement very conveniently doesn't mention this.

Last edited by abs182 : 16th June 2013 at 23:28.
abs182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 14:59   #216
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,077
Thanked: 2,262 Times
Default Re: Audi Q3 : Official Review

^^^ That would be misleading the customer and also not make financial sense. That just doesn't make for sound logic. Yes they would have *Terms and conditions apply mentioned somewhere but am sure no one will be happy to hear this and may be put off by the vehicle even more. How did it impact you when you learnt about this fine print detail.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 15:18   #217
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Baroda
Posts: 140
Thanked: 63 Times
Default Re: Audi Q3 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
^^^ That would be misleading the customer and also not make financial sense. That just doesn't make for sound logic. Yes they would have *Terms and conditions apply mentioned somewhere but am sure no one will be happy to hear this and may be put off by the vehicle even more. How did it impact you when you learnt about this fine print detail.
To be honest with you I wasn't surprised. I knew they would have some caveat it it as the math wasn't adding up. When I saw the details about the bullet payment every 12th month the math added up immediately. Plus the tenure is 84 months a first from Audi so was expecting some surprise.

Below please find the details as mailed to me by their Sales guy.

Ex-showroom : 31,47,067
Individual RTO + Handling Charges : 3,69,590
Insurance : 1,16,596
Audi Sure Platinum : 59000
VMC : 68515
RTO Charges : 5000
On Road : 37,65,767

Finance scheme

Down Pay : 600000
Loan : 3165767
EMI – 84 Months : 37,278
Bullet Every 12th Month : 2,00,000
Rate of interest : 10.37%
Advance EMI : Zero
Tenure : 84 Months

On Every 12th Month, Total EMI = EMI plus Bullet (37,278 + 200000)

Last edited by bblost : 17th June 2013 at 15:23. Reason: Fixed formatting issues.
abs182 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2013, 15:28   #218
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 381
Thanked: 334 Times
Default Re: Audi Q3 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Nope no bullet payment scheme. It's a 7 year loan. 6 lakhs down payment, 37K emi. This is supposedly for on-road price bangalore.

If you calculate it comes to 31 lakhs (37 X 84) and 6 lakhs so a total of 37 lakhs.
I asked the SE at Audi Hyderabad and he mentioned there IS a bullet payment. The difference is a 0% interest vs. around 11% interest. Any clarity will be greatly appreciated.

I heard Audi does give a 0% interest loan in Mumbai (competition???), not so if its true. I wish they had done so in other geographies as well. It would have seriously boosted sales, and even if one arm of the organization (Audi Finance) lost out on interest, the parent would have recouped a lot more from higher sales, and dealers , of course, would have been the happiest with increased turnover from service and accessories.

Last edited by Contrapunto : 18th June 2013 at 15:33. Reason: More info.
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2013, 21:59   #219
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 226
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post



Down Pay : 600000
Loan : 3165767
EMI – 84 Months : 37,278
Bullet Every 12th Month : 2,00,000
Rate of interest : 10.37%
Advance EMI : Zero
Tenure : 84 Months

On Every 12th Month, Total EMI = EMI plus Bullet (37,278 + 200000)
Guys, Suppose I am taking loan from a nationalised bank,where the rate of interest is 12 to 13% . For a car costing 36 lakh, I take loan for 30 lakh, calculating with the rate of interest, I would be paying between Rs 50k emi. And there would be no annual 2L too. So there is not much difference. Or Am I missing something.
Rameshdude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 01:43   #220
BHPian
 
Karan1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Thane
Posts: 157
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post

Guys, Suppose I am taking loan from a nationalised bank,where the rate of interest is 12 to 13% . For a car costing 36 lakh, I take loan for 30 lakh, calculating with the rate of interest, I would be paying between Rs 50k emi. And there would be no annual 2L too. So there is not much difference. Or Am I missing something.
If your interest rate is 11.25% for 28.5 lacs and tenure is 5 years the emi is 65000. So 12 -13 % on 30 lacs will be a lot more per month
Karan1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 06:36   #221
BHPian
 
shivasuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 749
Thanked: 268 Times
Default Re: Audi Q3 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post
If your interest rate is 11.25% for 28.5 lacs and tenure is 5 years the emi is 65000. So 12 -13 % on 30 lacs will be a lot more per month
At the current rate of interest of 10.45% with SBI, the EMI is Rs.50,504 per month for a 7 year loan for a principal amount of 30L. I don't see how the Audi scheme is beneficial. Its just misleading.
shivasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 07:50   #222
Distinguished - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 7,869
Thanked: 4,931 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post

At the current rate of interest of 10.45% with SBI, the EMI is Rs.50,504 per month for a 7 year loan for a principal amount of 30L. I don't see how the Audi scheme is beneficial. Its just misleading.
Much as I love these cars, I find them horrendously over priced in India. These finance schemes which look drool worthy and tempt one so sorely, are no more than gimmicks.

Only the Skoda Yeti somehow managed to stay in the ballpark of its International pricing here in India and hence, it was a worthwhile buy.

Every other one of these foreign derived vehicles is just totally ridiculously overpriced and I find that highly irritating indeed.

It is only when the foreign manufacturers cease to be affected by the evil duties, that their vehicles will be worth buying. This protection of the domestic car industry is something like the 'reservation policy' for backward classes, that is applicable for education in India! The domestic manufacturers are just making hay while the sun shines! By ow they ought to be giving the Indian consumer far far more than they are - for example every single car should come with essential safety kit, driver aids and whatnot, thus narrowing the gap between what the foreign cars offer and what Indian cars offer. But NO, our greedy manufacturers will never do that because it means eating into their fat cat profits, fat cat paycheques and other such...lamentable situation wouldn't you say?
shankar.balan is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 15:41   #223
PPS
Senior - BHPian
 
PPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,869
Thanked: 1,686 Times
Default Re: Audi Q3 : Official Review

Here is what Hormazd Sorabjee tweeted a while back:

'Scoop! Audi to launch Q3 Sport this August. Rs 25 lakh SUV Audi's weapon against A-class, 1-series'.

'Q3 with DSG and Quattro to continue. Q3 Sport with 6-speed manual and FWD to be over Rs 4 lakh cheaper on-road'.
PPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 00:17   #224
BHPian
 
Karan1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Thane
Posts: 157
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Here is what Hormazd Sorabjee tweeted a while back:

'Scoop! Audi to launch Q3 Sport this August. Rs 25 lakh SUV Audi's weapon against A-class, 1-series'.

'Q3 with DSG and Quattro to continue. Q3 Sport with 6-speed manual and FWD to be over Rs 4 lakh cheaper on-road'.
Surprising to know they wanna launch a manual car in that segment in india!
Karan1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2013, 18:41   #225
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 887
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Re: Audi Q3 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
At the current rate of interest of 10.45% with SBI, the EMI is Rs.50,504 per month for a 7 year loan for a principal amount of 30L. I don't see how the Audi scheme is beneficial. Its just misleading.
Considering this calculation you will end up paying about 45-50 K more to Audi every year. I have a hunch that Audi must be giving some discount in this scheme also, may be in the form of AMC or even reduction in the amount of bullet payment. I am sure any serious buyer will not stop at this scheme.
zulfi hansi is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Audi A3 : Official Review moralfibre Official New Car Reviews 211 27th March 2017 20:15
2014 Audi Q3 Dynamic : Official Review mobike008 Official New Car Reviews 37 20th August 2016 18:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks