Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 5th August 2015, 21:24   #346
BHPian

Default re: Wrong(Fake?) Rear View Mirror installed by Audi Bengaluru

I personally know the Audi Bangalore service manager. I can check with him if needed.Please PM me the details.
mjumrani is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 00:40   #347
BHPian

It's highly unlikely that the mirror is fake. The Laura, superb, older a6, a4 and the q3 have identical side view mirrors. The right side is a normal non convex mirror and the left side is convex. It is a possibility that you didn't notice this earlier.

I have been looking for a convex right side mirror for my Laura for a while now. In case Audi does have a right side convex mirror, I know where I am heading over the weekend.

Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 09:56   #348
BHPian

Default Re: Wrong(Fake?) Rear View Mirror installed by Audi Bengaluru

My B-I-L's Laura driver side mirror was damaged over a couple of years ago. When he went to the Skoda service centre to have it replaced, they replaced it with a plain mirror.
When he drove back, he realised that the mirror was plain, and not convex.
He went back to the showroom and they were insisting that the mirror was plain even when the car was bought and the driver side mirror is never convex. (Since it is anti- reflection or some c*ap like that).
After escalating the matter to the higher ups at Skoda, they finally replaced it with a convex mirror, similar to the time he bought the car.

I suggest you escalate the same to the higher ups in Audi. They should oblige. I don’t think what they have installed now is duplicate.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 15:37   #349
BHPian

Default Re: Audi Q3 : Official Review

Thanks everyone. It's good to know that this is not a case of fake spares. However, I am sure that we had a convex mirror on the car when we bought it. That's the reason that we noticed the distinct difference in view of the LHS and RHS mirror after the replacement.

We've talked to Audi service center. They are ready to change the mirror to a convex one.
anshumandun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 14:33   #350
BHPian

Hello
I own a 2012 Audi Q3
I wanted to know if it is possible to retrofit the reverse camera and the MMI navigation available in the current Facelift version in my car.

Thanks
saravcshah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 17:01   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravcshah View Post
Hello
I own a 2012 Audi Q3
I wanted to know if it is possible to retrofit the reverse camera and the MMI navigation available in the current Facelift version in my car.

Thanks
Hello Saravcshah, since you have owned the Audi Q3 for quite sometime. Could you please give some feedback regarding your ownership experience. Has it been a trouble free ownership??

Thanks.
Strella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 22:51   #352
BHPian

Hello Strella.

I've mainly been using the Q3 for highway driving.
Have crossed over 34000 till now.

The built quality is impeccable. No cabin rattle yet.
The car feels grounded even at 160km/hr.

The suspension is a bit stiff which makes going over potholes a messy affair (this might be because I've got a CBU unit from Spain and they didn't tweak the suspensions for Indian roads)

The aftersales and service station are a delightful bunch over here in Vadodara.

The biggest flaw IMHO is the steering. It is too over-assisted and doesn't feel heavy at all even on highways. I don't dare to lift my hands off the steering wheel.

Lastly, I had some issues regarding the tyre pressure in one of my wheels. It always used to be under-inflated.
The service guya took care of it in a jiffy.

Overall, it's a great car but with small driving flaws.
saravcshah is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 20:13   #353
BHPian

Hello everyone.

My Audi Q3 just came back from service.

They gave me this multi - purpose additive for diesel fuel.

What's the use of it ?
Did they give me this to reduce emissions or something ?
How do I use it ?

Please advise

Thanking you
Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Audi Q3 : Official Review-1443710508396.jpg  

saravcshah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 16:10   #354
BHPian

Default Re: Wrong(Fake?) Rear View Mirror installed by Audi Bengaluru

Update on the faulty mirror issue I faced during replacement of the broken right ORVM.

After complaining to the service manager at Audi Bangalore service center, he agreed to change the mirror free of cost. The car was nearing service so I did not visit the service center specially for the mirror change. The car went for service after a month and the mirror was changed FOC. When the car was dropped off, I noticed that it was still not a convex mirror and had poor rear visibility compared to the stock left side ORVM. I again complained to Audi and told that I was still not satisfied. What the Audi people did next was a very good gesture. They sent their technician with all the different types of mirrors they had to our home in Yelahanka (around 40 kms from service center). Unfortunately, there was not even one mirror that was convex or close to the stock mirror that was earlier on the car. I just settled for the best possible from the lot. I'm just getting used to the mirror now but the gesture from Audi shows that they care for the customers and more importantly I am sure now that it was not a case of fake parts.
anshumandun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2016, 09:58   #355

Hey Guys,

Wanted to know if the Q3 is a decent buy considering the onset of the new X1 coming up soon. Almost finalized on the Q3,will be putting down the booking amount in a couple of days.
mohanKV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2016, 11:01   #356
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanKV View Post
Hey Guys,

Wanted to know if the Q3 is a decent buy considering the onset of the new X1 coming up soon. Almost finalized on the Q3,will be putting down the booking amount in a couple of days.
The x1 is a great package and has received rave reviews. It would be prudent to check it out before deciding.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2016, 11:45   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanKV View Post
Hey Guys,

As a Q3 owner of 4 years, DO NOT buy it.

I've got company fitted Pirellis which blew out at 25k kms.

Faulty Air Pressure Gauge which the service guys refuse to admit.

Horrible service experience here in Baroda.

Driver door rattles that still haven't been resolved after multiple visits to the workshop.
saravcshah is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2016, 22:22   #358
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

Driver door rattles that still haven't been resolved after multiple visits to the workshop.
Could it be a faulty car? I have sat and driven BHPian AZ911's q3 and its a year and half old with roughly 20k kms on the odo and none of those problems every came up.
kisharchit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2016, 08:50   #359

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The x1 is a great package and has received rave reviews. It would be prudent to check it out before deciding.
Quote:

Thanks for the feedback guys, decided to wait it out for the X1 which as per the dealer in Bangalore will be on display in the later part of March and deliveries start by May.
mohanKV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2016, 00:10   #360
KMT
BHPian

Hi there is not much information about the TSFI petrol Q3 on Indian websites apart from the launch reviews.

Could you recommend if it is safe to buy a well maintained used one, my concerns are service and spares availability.

Also did the petrol have any issues? Why was it discontinued?

Thank You
KMT is offline   Reply With Quote