Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2013, 07:16   #1486
Senior - BHPian
 
rajshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,750
Thanked: 560 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abes View Post

Thanks. But what I meant was whether any refresh or facelift coming up.
Don't you think Maruti will not just sit there and try to add some cosmetic features on ertiga during auto expo?

Here is my wishlist
1. Split last row seat
2. Driver arm rest
3. Climate control
4. Touch multimedia player with sat nav
5. Floor carpet in darker shade
6. Cruise control
Apart from that the car feels just perfect in all aspects

Maruti might give chrome treatment like export versions in the exteriors

Other than that i don't expect any major changes to a car which is like globally just less than two year old.

You can ask yourself this

Do you feel ertiga lacks something in its current avatar? Is it must have for you? And what makes you think Martin will add that feature next year?
rajshenoy is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 10:31   #1487
BHPian
 
DragonRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pune/Bokaro
Posts: 41
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

I did a 4 days Delhi-Shimla/Chail trip in a friend's Ertiga a couple of months back (15th Aug weekend), and it performed extremely well, no issues/concerns/discomforts whatsoever. We were 5 adults and 2 kids and I was pleasantly surprised at the last row comfort, that this car provides. We had to do some adjustment (pull the middle row forward a bit), so that both the mid and the last row had equal leg-space. We packed our stuff in adequately sized duffel bags and the Ertiga was able to swallow all the luggage inspite of the 3rd row being used.

The ride was excellent, although we did feel a bit of body roll while descending the hills, and this was primarily because we weren't driving too slow (trying to keep the rpm in the turbo band).

My overall impression : Its a no brainer for someone looking to have only one all rounder vehicle in his/her garage. Although the turbo lag can be a bit of a discomfort in the city runs, but it's not that bad.
DragonRider is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 14:54   #1488
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 74
Thanked: 60 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by csanand View Post
I finally took delivery of my Maruti Ertiga ZDi with alloys, in granite grey color.
Congrats ...

It is a great car to drive. An a nice time to buy too. Loved it during the test drives before buying Ritz in December. Wanted to buy Ertiga VDI but pocket constraints.

My brother-in-law owns a Tata Safari for the last 12000kms and loved the test drive of Ertiga. He drove, his driver drove and I drove by turns.

We punched in 7 persons (my B-I-L = 145kgs, his driver = 75kgs, my father = 60kgs, B-i-L's wife = 50kgs, my wife = 60kgs, me = 55kgs and the Sales guy of MS = 30-40kgs, total = 485kgs) during the test drive and the car went butter smooth while climbing up a flyover on EM Byepass, with AC on (though it was winter, we wanted to torture the vehicle a bit).

Regards,
Saurav
sauravdc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 16:00   #1489
BHPian
 
Abes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Salalah
Posts: 204
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post

Don't you think Maruti will not just sit there and try to add some cosmetic features on ertiga during auto expo?

Here is my wishlist
1. Split last row seat
2. Driver arm rest
3. Climate control
4. Touch multimedia player with sat nav
5. Floor carpet in darker shade
6. Cruise control
Apart from that the car feels just perfect in all aspects

Its like this: I buy a car, months later a facelift happens & I feel so stupid. Just to avoid that scenario.

Apart from what you listed, my wish list:
7. Tinted glass
8. Variable valve timing on both sides (petrol engine)
9. 205/60/r15 tyres
10. Foldable tray behind the front seats, like in xylo
11. AT variant
Abes is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 21:24   #1490
Senior - BHPian
 
rajshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,750
Thanked: 560 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abes View Post

Its like this: I buy a car, months later a facelift happens & I feel so stupid. Just to avoid that scenario.

Apart from what you listed, my wish list:
7. Tinted glass
8. Variable valve timing on both sides (petrol engine)
9. 205/60/r15 tyres
10. Foldable tray behind the front seats, like in xylo
11. AT variant
Both ertiga engines already have vvt.
Tinted glass and tyres you can always add.
AT should be possible easily because suzuki exports ertiga abroad
Foldable tray looks tough because it doesn't have so much space

Looks like apart from AT everything else is easy
rajshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2013, 01:48   #1491
BHPian
 
Abes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Salalah
Posts: 204
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Both ertiga engines already have vvt.
Tinted glass and tyres you can always add.
AT should be possible easily because suzuki exports ertiga abroad
Foldable tray looks tough because it doesn't have so much space

Looks like apart from AT everything else is easy
The review said, the petrol engine has Variable Valve Timing only on the intake side. (the diesel engine has Variable Geometry Turbo)
Yea, the tyres could be added; but the tinted glass is legal only if it is provided by the manufacturer.
Good to have the tray too.
Having been driving only AT cars for more than a decade, I would love to have the AT!
& pushing the power up from 94 to 110 Bhp would be the icing on the cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The K14, Maruti’s new 1.4L petrol engine, makes its debut in the Ertiga. This 1,373cc engine is rated at 94 BHP (@ 6,000 rpm) and 130 Nm of torque (@ 4,000 rpm). The 1.4L has variable valve timing on the intake side only. On the go, it feels like a bigger version of the Swift’s 1.2L K series engine (which it is).
Abes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2013, 10:58   #1492
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 135
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abes View Post
but the tinted glass is legal only if it is provided by the manufacturer.
I checked out the ertiga, yesterday at a showroom. Completely impressed with the comfort it provides and the utility of the car on the whole. Meanwhile, the customer executive mentioned that all the maruti cars come with green tint now except the omni. Not sure if this is the case, but thought to share with you as its one in your wishlist
Balaji31582 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2013, 11:34   #1493
BHPian
 
Abes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Salalah
Posts: 204
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
Meanwhile, the customer executive mentioned that all the maruti cars come with green tint now except the omni. Not sure if this is the case, but thought to share with you as its one in your wishlist
Thanks for this great news. Now, hope that the other items listed in the wish list get implemented.
Abes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 15:00   #1494
BHPian
 
ganesc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madurai
Posts: 236
Thanked: 124 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post

Here is my wishlist
1. Split last row seat
2. Driver arm rest
3. Climate control
4. Touch multimedia player with sat nav
5. Floor carpet in darker shade
6. Cruise control
Apart from that the car feels just perfect in all aspects

Maruti might give chrome treatment like export versions in the exteriors
+1
And re-visit the interior colors as a whole. Though the current color helps airiness, its difficult to maintain.

Automatic variant will be really useful in India and if brought there is definitely a market for this. Before I bought my ZDI, had mailed MS asking if there is a scope of bringing in Automatic variant anytime soon but as expected, they did not give a clear info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abes View Post
Its like this: I buy a car, months later a facelift happens & I feel so stupid. Just to avoid that scenario.
Its natural for many to think like this but trust me, there is not going to be a perfect car to suite your every need. You have to see if it suites your most important needs better than something else.

By the time you wait and take your perfect version of Ertiga, Hyundai, Honda and some more would have come up with their versions of MUV and you will start feeling bad again especially Hyundai is known to bring in a lot of gizmos.

Ertiga is a pretty decent vehicle that does most things right. But personally I feel Diesel variants pricing is on the higher side and not worth the penny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abes View Post
Thanks for this great news. Now, hope that the other items listed in the wish list get implemented.
Ertiga sales have almost halved and so, MS might quicken their plans for a limited edition again. Feliz was a joke.

Img courtesy: Our own Monthly sales analysis thread: september-2013-indian-car-sales-figures-analysis (September 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis)
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-2.jpg  

Attached Images
  
ganesc is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2013, 00:12   #1495
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Hi, I am planning to buy Ertiga soon, possibly before Diwali. However I am now confused between Ertiga Diesel or CNG as my monthly running will be low (around 1000KM, City to highway 50:50). Consicering my usafge CNG fits my requirement.The problem is
1. I am not able to get any proper reviews about the CNG variant nor any user reviews.
2. CNG VXi doesnt comes with ABS (Please correct me if I am wrong)
3. I would like to opt for the Air bag version.
I would appreciate the help from fellow BHPians
AkiAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2013, 04:07   #1496
BHPian
 
kailashnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 798
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Guys - One question.

Today I completed the first service of my Ertiga. I wanted to change the engine oil and informed the SA about it. I was shocked to know from the SA that it will be 3600 + taxes for the engine oil change. On further questioning, he said that we will fill in the synthetic oil in the car and hence the price. But I did not want the synthetic oil as I plan to follow an oil change regime of 5k kms. Hence I asked him for mineral oil and was further shocked on the words of the SA. "Ertiga has a very advanced engine in diesel and hence even maruti does not fill in Mineral Oil in the engine when it comes from factory. Hence we have to use the Synthetic Oil only." Now I know that this was incorrect and hence decided against Oil change. Went to another service centre as luckily I have 2 ASC in my area. Again the same verdict, only synthetic.

Can some one kindly confirm whether this is correct and only synthetic oil is used in Ertiga and also when you get the car from factory it is filled with Synthetic Oil and not mineral oil.

I know for sure that FIAT engine does not need fully synthetic oil, as punto that I owned used semi synthetic and vista uses the mineral oil instead. Please confirm.
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2013, 06:29   #1497
BHPian
 
denver85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 195
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Can some one kindly confirm whether this is correct and only synthetic oil is used in Ertiga and also when you get the car from factory it is filled with Synthetic Oil and not mineral oil.

I know for sure that FIAT engine does not need fully synthetic oil, as punto that I owned used semi synthetic and vista uses the mineral oil instead. Please confirm.
No this is not correct. The same thing happened to me for my first oil change(@10K) which was done at Bangalore. SA never asked about the oil type and I noticed this after seeing the invoice. Asked about the SA about this and he said some advantages of synthetic oil as usual. For the next oil change(@20K) which was done at my hometown(Kerala), the SA clearly asked me the oil type before changing and I opted foe mineral oil. In the third oil chang(@30K), the SA was the same in the Bangalore showroom and before taking for service he clearly asked me the oil type and I opted for mineral one.
By the way, I did not see much difference in the running and performance with mineral and synthetic oil. No objection to anyone, this is purely on my personal experience.
denver85 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2013, 06:54   #1498
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 2,860
Thanked: 3,322 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiAlmighty View Post
Hi, I am planning to buy Ertiga soon, possibly before Diwali. However I am now confused between Ertiga Diesel or CNG as my monthly running will be low (around 1000KM, City to highway 50:50). Consicering my usafge CNG fits my requirement.The problem is
1. I am not able to get any proper reviews about the CNG variant nor any user reviews.
2. CNG VXi doesnt comes with ABS (Please correct me if I am wrong)
3. I would like to opt for the Air bag version.
I would appreciate the help from fellow BHPians
I would always prefer the company fitted CNG kit, just for peace of mind. However as you have rightly mentioned, the VXi CNG does not come with ABS & in my opinion one should not skip on this "must have" active safety device. If ABS & Airbags are a must, then I would suggest go for the ZXi variant & when you are out of the standard company warranty get an aftermarket CNG kit fitted to your car. This way you can enjoy the best of both worlds. However for the initial period you will have to live with the high running costs of petrol.
AutoIndian is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2013, 08:53   #1499
BHPian
 
mohandas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 263
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

The SA is taking you for a ride. That's bunch of lies just to extract some money out of your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Guys - One question.

Today I completed the first service of my Ertiga. I wanted to change the engine oil and informed the SA about it. I was shocked to know from the SA that it will be 3600 + taxes for the engine oil change. On further questioning, he said that we will fill in the synthetic oil in the car and hence the price. But I did not want the synthetic oil as I plan to follow an oil change regime of 5k kms. Hence I asked him for mineral oil and was further shocked on the words of the SA. "Ertiga has a very advanced engine in diesel and hence even maruti does not fill in Mineral Oil in the engine when it comes from factory. Hence we have to use the Synthetic Oil only." Now I know that this was incorrect and hence decided against Oil change. Went to another service centre as luckily I have 2 ASC in my area. Again the same verdict, only synthetic.

Can some one kindly confirm whether this is correct and only synthetic oil is used in Ertiga and also when you get the car from factory it is filled with Synthetic Oil and not mineral oil.

I know for sure that FIAT engine does not need fully synthetic oil, as punto that I owned used semi synthetic and vista uses the mineral oil instead. Please confirm.
mohandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2013, 15:22   #1500
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 43
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Having used the Ertiga for more than a week & also taking it on a 500 km trip, I would like to add to the wish list that some of the members have posted (some of these are already mentioned in the official review):
  1. Apart from split last row seats, will be nice to have the last row seats go back & forth like the middle (or front) row. This will offer flexibility to increase boot space without folding the seat. Dont know if this is feasible though
  2. Better design of the steering wheel to extend the horn pad towards the sides
  3. On my diesel Ertiga, gearing is not very smooth & is notchy - concur with the official review. Especially happens from 3rd to 4th or vice versa gears. Do others face this issue as well & will this get better over time or does it need fixing during my 1st service? I do press the clutch fully while changing gears.
  4. Storage/ cup holder next to the hand brake would be useful
  5. As someone mentioned, a more powerful engine would be icing on the cake. Maybe bring out 2 versions of the Ertiga similar to the Duster
  6. Bluetooth capability for the music system
All the above are quite minor for me, except the gear change issue.
csanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Review: My Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi a4anurag Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 38 29th November 2015 18:13
For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi M35 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 21 9th January 2015 06:48
FAB makes way for LUV - Maruti Ertiga VDi Review rohin4110 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 14 2nd June 2014 20:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:13.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks