Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2014, 11:41   #1681
BHPian
 
Prodigy07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 249
Thanked: 121 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Good news, BTW, what was the problem and how was it solved?

Can you check for vibrations from seat belts mounting points it it could be hitting the plastic body panels. Floor mats vibrating to emanate such sounds, I think is not possible.

Anurag.
MSM folks checked and tighted up the roof liners for the rear A/C vent problem. The rear seat belts are fixed to the holders and they don't rattle. I am not sure if the MGA art leather seat covers and the complete vinyl floor mats are the culprits. I have raised a detailed feedback on these issues in Maruti Feedback portal. Keeping my fingers crossed to get an update from them.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2014, 15:19   #1682
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,378
Thanked: 9,845 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
MSM folks checked and tighted up the roof liners for the rear A/C vent problem. The rear seat belts are fixed to the holders and they don't rattle. I am not sure if the MGA art leather seat covers and the complete vinyl floor mats are the culprits. I have raised a detailed feedback on these issues in Maruti Feedback portal. Keeping my fingers crossed to get an update from them.
That is a good effort from MSM to solve the rear A/C vents problem but i am still not able to understand how can the carpets vibrate to get a sound that is audible unless something like metal or plastic is loose. Lets see what MSM has to say for this.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2014, 20:28   #1683
BHPian
 
sarcastichouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Manmad
Posts: 34
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

To be frank, I love 'that' lag as there is that boost waiting on the other side to make me grin eat to ear.

Anurag.
Same thoughts , whenever I pilot any turbo'd car.

Coming to my petrol Ertiga, the thing is the engine had started to feel responsive and eager about a month back, I even reckoned that it may have had opened up due to accumulating miles on the odo. But when I drove her recently, she felt just like the way before- not much eager to accelerate hard. Maybe its just in my mind, maybe there's something else
sarcastichouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2014, 21:57   #1684
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,378
Thanked: 9,845 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastichouse View Post
Same thoughts , whenever I pilot any turbo'd car.

Coming to my petrol Ertiga, the thing is the engine had started to feel responsive and eager about a month back, I even reckoned that it may have had opened up due to accumulating miles on the odo. But when I drove her recently, she felt just like the way before- not much eager to accelerate hard. Maybe its just in my mind, maybe there's something else
How many kms have you clocked on the car?

When was the last service done and in that were the air filter, spark plugs, oil etc changed?

The sluggish feel could be related to fuel also.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2014, 09:36   #1685
BHPian
 
sarcastichouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Manmad
Posts: 34
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
How many kms have you clocked on the car?

When was the last service done and in that were the air filter, spark plugs, oil etc changed?

The sluggish feel could be related to fuel also.

Anurag.
The odo reads only about 14,000 km as of now. Yes, she's being driven very, very scantily. Last service was done about 3-4 months back
sarcastichouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2014, 12:38   #1686
BHPian
 
Prodigy07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 249
Thanked: 121 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
but i am still not able to understand how can the carpets vibrate to get a sound that is audible unless something like metal or plastic is loose. Lets see what MSM has to say for this.

Anurag.
The rattling sound from the seats are heard even at standstill. When you a crank the engine, you can hear the rattling noise from the rear seats. The seats just shake! I just can't believe how this can happen in a 2 months old car.

Added to this issue, I encountered one more issue with respect to the sale date in my first service bill. It was mentioned 'Oct 2013'. I was shocked. I purchased the 2013 manufactured in Feb-2014. But how can the sale date in the service copy be 'Oct 2013'? So, I have raised both these issues as a complaint at the Maruti Customer care portal.

My dealer called me up and says this vehicle was invoiced to someone last Oct 2013. But the customer didn't take delivery. And, the internal database data wasn't updated to my recent sale date. I am still not convinced. They have asked me to visit their dealership this weekend and get both these issues sorted out!
Prodigy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2014, 13:14   #1687
Senior - BHPian
 
fiat_tarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune / Mysore
Posts: 1,073
Thanked: 518 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

The Ertiga back home with my parents recently went in for the 10k service. There was this noise that was heard when going down steep inclines like an apartment basement parking ramp and Dad asked for this to be checked at this service.

On investigation, it seems the rear torsion beam had a crack and was changed under warranty. The torsion beam I believe is the rear axle (H shaped member) - correct ? The cost of the part was ~13k.

The car was bought in June 2013. This sounds like a major concern, considering the crack could have grown and eventually broken which is a safety risk. I hope this was a one off incident and there aren't other Ertiga's with similar issues.

On another note - Maruti had ready stock of the part. I'm sure this isn't a regular spare part and this shows the edge Maruti has over the rest.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 15th April 2014 at 13:18.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2014, 15:47   #1688
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,378
Thanked: 9,845 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
The rattling sound from the seats are heard even at standstill. When you a crank the engine, you can hear the rattling noise from the rear seats. The seats just shake! I just can't believe how this can happen in a 2 months old car.

My dealer called me up and says this vehicle was invoiced to someone last Oct 2013. But the customer didn't take delivery.
Are the seats firmly bolstered is what i am getting a doubt now. If vibrations are felt at idle too is surprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
On investigation, it seems the rear torsion beam had a crack and was changed under warranty. The torsion beam I believe is the rear axle (H shaped member) - correct ? The cost of the part was ~13k.

On another note - Maruti had ready stock of the part. I'm sure this isn't a regular spare part and this shows the edge Maruti has over the rest.
Do you have any picture of the cracked torsion beam?

It can either be a manufacturing defect or it would got a hit by a stone or some such thing. Good that MASS replaced it under warranty and all is well now.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2014, 09:38   #1689
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL 01
Posts: 4,334
Thanked: 2,047 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
The Ertiga back home with my parents recently went in for the 10k service. There was this noise that was heard when going down steep inclines like an apartment basement parking ramp and Dad asked for this to be checked at this service.

On investigation, it seems the rear torsion beam had a crack and was changed under warranty. The torsion beam I believe is the rear axle (H shaped member) - correct ? The cost of the part was ~13k.

The car was bought in June 2013. This sounds like a major concern, considering the crack could have grown and eventually broken which is a safety risk. I hope this was a one off incident and there aren't other Ertiga's with similar issues.

On another note - Maruti had ready stock of the part. I'm sure this isn't a regular spare part and this shows the edge Maruti has over the rest.
This sounds eerily familiar. Our i10's rear torsion beam broke in 2011 and was replaced by Hyundai under warranty.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...m-cracked.html (2009 Hyundai i10 Rear Suspension Collapsed!! Torsion Beam Cracked!)
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2014, 10:04   #1690
Senior - BHPian
 
fiat_tarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune / Mysore
Posts: 1,073
Thanked: 518 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Do you have any picture of the cracked torsion beam?

It can either be a manufacturing defect or it would got a hit by a stone or some such thing. Good that MASS replaced it under warranty and all is well now.

Anurag.
Sorry dad didn't click any pics. The scary part is what if we had not reported the noise. They never would have checked and this wouldn't have been found until it probably failed

My dad's always listening for sounds in the car and hates rattles and hence was able to hear this.

The dealer said it was definitely a manufacturing defect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
This sounds eerily familiar. Our i10's rear torsion beam broke in 2011 and was replaced by Hyundai under warranty.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...m-cracked.html (2009 Hyundai i10 Rear Suspension Collapsed!! Torsion Beam Cracked!)
This is exactly what I meant by safety risk. Glad it happened to you at low speeds and it was a controllable situation.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 16th April 2014 at 10:05.
fiat_tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 11:24   #1691
BHPian
 
Prodigy07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 249
Thanked: 121 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Ertiga Owners - Apart from the recent Fuel filler neck recall, what other recalls were issued by MSIL in the last one year?
Prodigy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 23:54   #1692
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,378
Thanked: 9,845 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Ertiga Owners - Apart from the recent Fuel filler neck recall, what other recalls were issued by MSIL in the last one year?
I don't think so there was any other recall for the Ertiga before this fuel filler neck replacement.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 12:55   #1693
BHPian
 
Prodigy07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 249
Thanked: 121 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Added to this issue, I encountered one more issue with respect to the sale date in my first service bill. It was mentioned 'Oct 2013'. I was shocked. I purchased the 2013 manufactured in Feb-2014. But how can the sale date in the service copy be 'Oct 2013'? So, I have raised both these issues as a complaint at the Maruti Customer care portal.

My dealer called me up and says this vehicle was invoiced to someone last Oct 2013. But the customer didn't take delivery. And, the internal database data wasn't updated to my recent sale date. I am still not convinced. They have asked me to visit their dealership this weekend and get both these issues sorted out!
Quick Update - This issue is still not resolved. So, I have escalated this issue at the Maruti Customer care portal.
Prodigy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 15:07   #1694
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,378
Thanked: 9,845 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post

Quick Update - This issue is still not resolved. So, I have escalated this issue at the Maruti Customer care portal.
What are they telling and why is the delay from their side?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 12:26   #1695
BHPian
 
Prodigy07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 249
Thanked: 121 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What are they telling and why is the delay from their side?

Anurag.
Looks like they are unable to update the sale date in their database :(

Meanwhile on the seat rattling issue, the MGA art leather seat covers is the culprit. As the rear seats are movable, when both the seats are kept at the same position. The seat covers tend to rub against each other and tend to cause 'keech keech' sound.
Prodigy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Review: My Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi a4anurag Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 38 29th November 2015 18:13
For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi M35 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 21 9th January 2015 06:48
FAB makes way for LUV - Maruti Ertiga VDi Review rohin4110 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 14 2nd June 2014 20:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks