Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2014, 13:20   #2011
BHPian
 
latentpotential's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: IIMA
Posts: 485
Thanked: 320 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay4060 View Post
Hi
can you please give more details on RAT deterrent treatment being done to your car. I have tried many solutions including the Ultrasonic Sensors but nothing worked for me.
Its basically a spray of some sort that they apply on the wires and such areas which can be of interest to the RAT in question. This spray is supposed to cause some irritation to the RATs breathing causing it to theoretically look for more comfortable environments for itself and family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congratulations for getting the ZXi.

I agree with Parag on staying away from these bumper guard. Rear spoiler you can get at MGA same would be be selling at the MGA shop.

The ZXi steering wheel from Swift can be retro-fit I guess.



+1

Anurag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
Thanks Parag, very valid point. I didn't think about it. So dropping this idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
Another Ertiga joins the club! We got delivery of Zxi yesterday. Looking for suggestions on few accessories. I took the prices from Kalyani motors,but are quite high i think.

Overall booking and delivery experience is just average. I had high hopes on Kalyani motors, but turned out to be just average. They couldn't get it done on the day they promised.

Any suggestions for rear bumber guard (hiker type), reverse parking sensor, rear spoiler. Anything else that can be a value add, please suggest.

Wishlist: If I could change the steering to a black one, it would be great. Is there any possibility of this?
If you have a Zxi with Airbags, any sort of aftermarket bumper or crash guards are a Big NO. Only thing acceptable would be fiber skirting, but thats only a cosmetic add on anyway.

Last edited by latentpotential : 1st September 2014 at 13:24. Reason: Word
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 14:09   #2012
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 34
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Thanks; just give me your feedback on this spray may be after a month or so. Since rats follow their own smell and mostly have fixed path; this solution may be effective.

But spray smell / its property to cause irritation should be strong enough to last long. Will wait for your feedback and its effectiveness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Its basically a spray of some sort that they apply on the wires and such areas which can be of interest to the RAT in question. This spray is supposed to cause some irritation to the RATs breathing causing it to theoretically look for more comfortable environments for itself and family.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th September 2014 at 12:17. Reason: Fixing quote
ajay4060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 14:41   #2013
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 34
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

I am getting weird smell coming from my car A/C. I think itís because of mildew growth inside A/C chamber. I tried sprays available on Ebay but it didnít work for very long.
I tried Switching off the a/c 5 minutes before switching off the car ignition; it worked for a few months but now this smell again started troubling me. So far Changed 3 filters.
My A/C drain isnít clogged; I tried switching on the heater for a few minutes but it seems nothing is working.
Any of the Ertiga owners facing similar problem? And a possible effective solution.
ajay4060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 15:46   #2014
BHPian
 
Seran Manian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 468
Thanked: 260 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay4060 View Post
I am getting weird smell coming from my car A/C. I think itís because of mildew growth inside A/C chamber. I tried sprays available on Ebay but it didnít work for very long.
I tried Switching off the a/c 5 minutes before switching off the car ignition; it worked for a few months but now this smell again started troubling me. So far Changed 3 filters.
My A/C drain isnít clogged; I tried switching on the heater for a few minutes but it seems nothing is working.
Any of the Ertiga owners facing similar problem? And a possible effective solution.
There is a thread with lots of DIY solutions. Link given below:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-fan-hvac.html (Foul Smell from Blower / Fan / HVAC)
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 16:16   #2015
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 34
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Thanks; I am following this thread; last one to post was me. I am still trying various methods suggested in this forum; but not getting a long lasting solution.
Since I own a Ertiga; I wanted to have an opinion of Ertiga owners if they have faced or facing similar problem.
Anyway my 20K servicing is due; hope A/C cleaning will give some good results.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
There is a thread with lots of DIY solutions. Link given below:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-fan-hvac.html (Foul Smell from Blower / Fan / HVAC)
ajay4060 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 16:41   #2016
BHPian
 
arunu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Muscat, Oman
Posts: 128
Thanked: 138 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarB View Post
Ok here are the pics you requested. I have captured how it looks on the HU screen and how it looks from outside just to give you an idea of the distance and the lighting conditions

These are night time shots, taken approx at 8 or 8:30 PM
The view on HU
Attachment 1278652

and these are taken today morning, approx at 9 AM
The view on HU
Attachment 1278650
Its a good idea to configure the camera in such a way that the tip of the rear bumper is also visible to give the exact distance available.

I drive a Mazda cx9 whose rear bumper protrudes a little further from where the camera is mounted and hence i could not make out the distance from the camera even though there is audio beep alert also. Hence the above observation.
arunu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 19:07   #2017
BHPian
 
KedarB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 48
Thanked: 72 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunu View Post
Its a good idea to configure the camera in such a way that the tip of the rear bumper is also visible to give the exact distance available.

I drive a Mazda cx9 whose rear bumper protrudes a little further from where the camera is mounted and hence i could not make out the distance from the camera even though there is audio beep alert also. Hence the above observation.
Thanks for your suggestion arunu. I think the rear view camera on your car came factory fitted, and in my experience, these are mostly fitted above the number plates, somewhere on the rear hatch, please correct me if I am wrong. In my case, this is an aftermarket fitment, and the camera is actually fitted on the rear bumper (by drilling a hole in the center of the bumper).
KedarB is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 19:31   #2018
BHPian
 
Rajain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 447
Thanked: 865 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

A solution that has worked well with me all these years as far as keeping the car fresh is concerned is keeping a 'odonil' under a seat. After a few days the foul AC smell also no longer comes.

This is a cheap and effective solution - works when seats have rotten food particles, AC foul smell, spilt cold drinks, a pet in the car or cigarette smoke smell. After a long journey of several hours and a few people in the car - there is bound to be some smell. Consider giving 'odonil' solution a check out. Its worked for me for several years.

Cheers
Rajain
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 20:34   #2019
BHPian
 
latentpotential's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: IIMA
Posts: 485
Thanked: 320 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay4060 View Post
Thanks; I am following this thread; last one to post was me. I am still trying various methods suggested in this forum; but not getting a long lasting solution.
Since I own a Ertiga; I wanted to have an opinion of Ertiga owners if they have faced or facing similar problem.
Anyway my 20K servicing is due; hope A/C cleaning will give some good results.
Have you got the AC filter added? It could help perhaps.
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 20:38   #2020
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 113
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Wow such an expensive boring service!

Can I know what all was done for the bill to reach 10K?

Dad's Ertiga completed 10K service and the bill came upto Rs 4177 IIRC.

Anurag.
My Ertiga's 10K service bill came to 2246 only. I wonder why the disparity?
srimath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 20:40   #2021
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,378
Thanked: 9,845 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post

My Ertiga's 10K service bill came to 2246 only. I wonder why the disparity?
What engine oil was used? Can you post the bill please?!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 22:17   #2022
BHPian
 
arunu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Muscat, Oman
Posts: 128
Thanked: 138 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarB View Post
Thanks for your suggestion arunu. I think the rear view camera on your car came factory fitted, and in my experience, these are mostly fitted above the number plates, somewhere on the rear hatch, please correct me if I am wrong. In my case, this is an aftermarket fitment, and the camera is actually fitted on the rear bumper (by drilling a hole in the center of the bumper).
Thanks for the correction. Yes my car came with factory fitted multimedia system and as pointed by you its fitted below the hatch release handle and hence bumper is visible.

Is there a possibility to fit the aftermarket cameras above the number plate sils.??
arunu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 19:22   #2023
BHPian
 
KedarB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 48
Thanked: 72 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunu View Post
Thanks for the correction. Yes my car came with factory fitted multimedia system and as pointed by you its fitted below the hatch release handle and hence bumper is visible.

Is there a possibility to fit the aftermarket cameras above the number plate sils.??
I did inquire about this, I also wanted it over there but the fitter said it's not possible. Later I thought its for the best. When this was fitted in the bumper, they drilled a hole in it. Above the number plate sill, drilling a hole in the metal would be a very bad idea for an after market fitting.
KedarB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 09:56   #2024
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 34
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

I think I found the Problem. I always keep my a/c in Re circulation Mode. This also leads to mildew growth. Now for last 2 days I have started keeping my car A/C in Fresh Air Mode most of the time. This seems to be working as of now.
Odonil is very strong. And for A/C Smell it will not be effective; it can be a good solution for cabin smell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
A solution that has worked well with me all these years as far as keeping the car fresh is concerned is keeping a 'odonil' under a seat. After a few days the foul AC smell also no longer comes.

This is a cheap and effective solution - works when seats have rotten food particles, AC foul smell, spilt cold drinks, a pet in the car or cigarette smoke smell. After a long journey of several hours and a few people in the car - there is bound to be some smell. Consider giving 'odonil' solution a check out. Its worked for me for several years.

Cheers
Rajain
ajay4060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 10:01   #2025
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 7,417
Thanked: 9,308 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay4060 View Post
I think I found the Problem. I always keep my a/c in Re circulation Mode. This also leads to mildew growth. Now for last 2 days I have started keeping my car A/C in Fresh Air Mode most of the time. This seems to be working as of now.
Odonil is very strong. And for A/C Smell it will not be effective; it can be a good solution for cabin smell.
One solution that has worked effectively for me, is to switch off the a/c sometime before reaching the destination for the night. Switching off the car (when parking for long time, eg: overnight) with the ducts still cold allows condensation and fungus formation.

Similarly, you could use the heater mode once in a while as well.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Review: My Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi a4anurag Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 38 29th November 2015 18:13
For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi M35 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 21 9th January 2015 06:48
FAB makes way for LUV - Maruti Ertiga VDi Review rohin4110 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 14 2nd June 2014 20:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:33.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks