Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 10th August 2017, 12:38   #3136
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Hello All

My 2014 Ertiga Zxi goes for 40k service soon. How much would it cost me for this ? Also my gear knob is scratched and overall looks shabby. I would like to change that along with the service. Any thoughts on price and availability .Also please recommend a good service center in Medavakkam area ( Chennai). I have used Vishnu cars for the 30k service and they are so-so . A little lazy and ignorant.

The Gear Knob of the Ertiga does get easily scratched. My ZXI (2014) had a scratched Gear Knob in one year and I got it replaced under warranty in 2016 from Pasco Gurgaon. It though only costs 300-350 rs. The service cost for 40,000 service would be in the tune of 6,000-8,000 in case your Brake pads are not changed.
Shwet is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 14:13   #3137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwet View Post
I remember a member Probably Parag had mentioned about getting a metal engine guard fitted on the ertiga. I think it's a great initiative and one must get it. The Ertiga needs an engine guard as even stray stones can sometimes hit some uncovered parts of the engine.

If I remember correctly that sump guard was fitted in Bangalore, I am yet to come across any such job being done in Gurgaon or Delhi NCR, if it is available , I would definitely get it done.
I installed a sump guard on my Ertiga. It was made out of 3mm steel sheet used for truck body building and weighs around 7.5kg, and can be removed by removing 6 bolts. Ventilation to oil sump was a major concern for me, so I left few gaps at the rear side of the plate and on the other side of the sump. There is approximately 1 inch gap between bottom of sump and the guard.

Havent finished the work yet, I thought of using it for few days and observe the engine/oil temperature levels and accordingly will make few more holes if needed along with basic black painting.

Here are some pics. Will upload better pics when I get the car on top of a lift next time.

Before state
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-03.jpg

After state
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-02.jpg

Sump guard construction
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-01.jpg
arjithin is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2017, 08:47   #3138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
I installed a sump guard on my Ertiga. It was made out of 3mm steel sheet used for truck body building and weighs around 7.5kg, and can be removed by removing 6 bolts. Ventilation to oil sump was a major concern for me, so I left few gaps at the rear side of the plate and on the other side of the sump. There is approximately 1 inch gap between bottom of sump and the guard.

Havent finished the work yet, I thought of using it for few days and observe the engine/oil temperature levels and accordingly will make few more holes if needed along with basic black painting.

Here are some pics. Will upload better pics when I get the car on top of a lift next time.
@arjithin, can you share the dimensions of the sheet?
mobix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2017, 08:53   #3139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobix View Post
@arjithin, can you share the dimensions of the sheet?
The final dimensions are not taken, but we started with a 3x2 sheet and after marking the holes to bolt on to chassis, rest was cut out.

I will post the final measurements in 2 weeks time.
arjithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2017, 15:51   #3140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post

Before state
Attachment 1666181

After state
Attachment 1666183

Sump guard construction
Attachment 1666182
Wonderful @Arjithin, Where did you get this job done? Was this done at a local mechanic or at a place known to you? I think it's a good investment and definitely makes the car safer. How i wish Maruti at least gave this as an MGA option.
Shwet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2017, 15:53   #3141
BHPian

Also I just wanted to ask the members here? Normally at what RPM does your car touch 100 KMPH in the Petrol ertiga. Mine has always hit 100 at 3000 RPM or so. Has been like this right from the start.
Shwet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2017, 16:14   #3142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwet View Post
Wonderful @Arjithin, Where did you get this job done? Was this done at a local mechanic or at a place known to you? I think it's a good investment and definitely makes the car safer. How i wish Maruti at least gave this as an MGA option.
Got this done at a local bosch FNG. It can be done anywhere, as its a straight forward job. We used the existing holes in vehicle frame to load the sheet.

Costed Rs 3800; this could have been lower with a bit more planning from the mechanic's side; but thats ok.
arjithin is offline   Reply With Quote