Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 10th November 2017, 16:33   #3196
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Folks, how is the performance of ertiga vxi AT powered by the K14B engine interms of fuel efficiency, low end driveability, mid range?

Also has Maruti improved the fit and finish? Having owned a Ritz in 2012, that car was plaqued with trim rattling.
I do not have AT but a vxi MT. I bought it last November and the performance is nothing other than excellent. I am able to get ~19KMPL on highways with 2 people on board and moderate luggage (light foot driving ~80KMPH) which dropped to ~16.5KMPL with all 7 people and ample of luggage. In both cases the AC was always on. The drives were well above 1000KMs. City drive is 13-14KMPL with AC, nice and light steering wheel.
AT might be a bit less in mileage as per the definition, but the quality of drive, suspension and pickup are excellent. The current Odo shows 12.8K over 1 year.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 10th November 2017 at 16:39.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 12:18   #3197
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

I do not have an AT but have been driving a ZXI for close to three years from now on. The performance of the vehicle has been very good. You need to understand the rev bands if you want to extract performance from the K14 series of engines. Mid range is not really for an enthusiast but at the same time this is a very rev happy petrol and will easily cruise at high speeds on the highway . The reason why i say that the mid range is not exactly for an enthusiast is due to the fact that you don't really experience a torque rush as in the MJD and other diesels.

Low end driveability is excellent as most of the torque is available at low end and though the gearing is a bit short it helps in keeping the vehicle sprightly in traffic. Regarding fuel efficiency mine is the K14 which is rated at 94 bhp and 16.02 kmpl (ARAI) . I easily get an avg of 15 (mixed use). The K14B is slightly more fuel efficient . Also the petrol block is a highly refined unit and there is literally no engine drone till 3000rpm and even after that it's very pleasing.

Regarding the interiors, I have not had any rattling whatsoever from the dashboard and other compenents in my 47000+ kms of ownership. The only concern sometimes are the seat rattles, unfortunately MASS doesn't seem to have a solution to that. The Ertiga is a heavy car(by Maruti standards), so its not really flimsy and at 1160 kg Kerb weight (Petrol) its decently if not well built like an S Cross.

All in all i think its a Value for Money proposition and offers something which many cars at a higher price bracket fail to offer.

Last edited by Shwet : 13th November 2017 at 12:19.
Shwet is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote