Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2012, 13:58   #421
BHPian
 
gkrishn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 584
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

The clutch was pretty light in linea. actually, the moment I placed my leg on clutch pedal, it kind of sink-ed in with out any effort. Had to get used to it.

Also, since it is a seden, the seating was lower, and clutch depress angle for my knee was much better.

Steering, I guess it was not EPS, also felt better.
gkrishn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 16:08   #422
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 352
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Thanks. How is the turbo lag comparison? Did you feel any surge in the power after 2000 RPM? I have felt it mildly in the Ertiga in whatever little driving on open roads that I could manage.


Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
The clutch was pretty light in linea. actually, the moment I placed my leg on clutch pedal, it kind of sink-ed in with out any effort. Had to get used to it.

Also, since it is a seden, the seating was lower, and clutch depress angle for my knee was much better.

Steering, I guess it was not EPS, also felt better.
I hope it will not go OT if I bring up the matter of clutch depress. You seem to suggest that the lower the seat height the better for clutch depress. Does the lower seat make one feel the clutch being lighter?
mohan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 16:41   #423
BHPian
 
kochicar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 36
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Ertiga Price Hike.

I am a person who booked Ertiga ZDI on the first day of launch.

Today Sales executive called up and said about the price difference. Iam confused if i should pay 22K for alloy wheel or save 5.5K by loosing it. Does it make sense to buy Alloys from open market? Friends please help.
kochicar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 16:47   #424
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,544
Thanked: 2,536 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochicar View Post
Ertiga Price Hike.

I am a person who booked Ertiga ZDI on the first day of launch.

Today Sales executive called up and said about the price difference. Iam confused if i should pay 22K for alloy wheel or save 5.5K by loosing it. Does it make sense to buy Alloys from open market? Friends please help.
If you are looking to spice your car, you should consider getting after market alloys. You will get branded alloys in the 18k-25k range. Also, have heard that OEM alloys are heavy. One more thing, replacing OEM alloys in the future will be expensive (not the complete set but 1-2 alloys). I had a similar experience when I used a Fiesta few years back.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 11th July 2012 at 16:49. Reason: More information
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 17:01   #425
BHPian
 
gkrishn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 584
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
I hope it will not go OT if I bring up the matter of clutch depress. You seem to suggest that the lower the seat height the better for clutch depress. Does the lower seat make one feel the clutch being lighter?
No, the clutch in itself was lighter. depress angle, because you sit low, made the whole operation more convenient.
gkrishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 17:28   #426
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,763
Thanked: 365 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

A white VDi has been delivered a couple of days back in our colony. I must say that Ertiga looks really good in white - compared to the pale blue that is seen commonly (and also in the advt. on TV).
The paint job and the fit-finish from outside are very good and comparable to other 8-10 lac cars.
However, I am curious to know what are those people going to do who have been informed about the 9 month waiting period. Are they going to wait this long?
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 11:45   #427
BHPian
 
gkrishn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 584
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

roof carriers.
Name:  roof.jpg
Views: 11329
Size:  89.1 KB
does any thing like this, available in india? that mesh wire, that bag holding the luggage. and those low profile roof rails.
any thing like this?
This is a pic of my friend's vw sharan, in taiwan.
gkrishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 14:29   #428
BHPian
 
nurni76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gurgaon/BLR
Posts: 844
Thanked: 305 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochicar View Post
Ertiga Price Hike.

I am a person who booked Ertiga ZDI on the first day of launch.

Today Sales executive called up and said about the price difference. Iam confused if i should pay 22K for alloy wheel or save 5.5K by loosing it. Does it make sense to buy Alloys from open market? Friends please help.
I suggest you go for the ZDi minus alloys. You can get good alloys of you choice for 20-25k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
A white VDi has been delivered a couple of days back in our colony. I must say that Ertiga looks really good in white - compared to the pale blue that is seen commonly (and also in the advt. on TV).
The paint job and the fit-finish from outside are very good and comparable to other 8-10 lac cars.
However, I am curious to know what are those people going to do who have been informed about the 9 month waiting period. Are they going to wait this long?
Granite Grey looks best on Ertiga followed by Dusky brown, Silver, White, Red, Beige and Serene blue IMHO. I am ruing the fact that I did not opt for Granite Grey
nurni76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 07:45   #429
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Such a details review of Ertiga.. thanks Vid6639.
Really very very detailed report about vehicle.
You deserve 5 star...
hawk14277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 11:20   #430
BHPian
 
swiftdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: EDI/CDG/MAA/SIN
Posts: 748
Thanked: 762 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Anyone know who's the head of design at Suzuki? Especially I would like to know the chief exterior designer of the Ertiga.
swiftdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 11:34   #431
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 352
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Anyone know who's the head of design at Suzuki? Especially I would like to know the chief exterior designer of the Ertiga.
I dont know the answer to your question but curious about the question itself. Have you found some issues in the exterior design?
mohan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 19:34   #432
BHPian
 
swiftdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: EDI/CDG/MAA/SIN
Posts: 748
Thanked: 762 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41

I dont know the answer to your question but curious about the question itself. Have you found some issues in the exterior design?
My reason for asking was in appreciation of its design. Every time I look at an Ertiga it just makes me go wow! Simple yet catchy, a design characteristic that's tough to achieve.
swiftdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 20:18   #433
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Delhi,Allahabad
Posts: 276
Thanked: 200 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochicar View Post
Ertiga Price Hike.

I am a person who booked Ertiga ZDI on the first day of launch.

Today Sales executive called up and said about the price difference. Iam confused if i should pay 22K for alloy wheel or save 5.5K by loosing it. Does it make sense to buy Alloys from open market? Friends please help.
OEM alloys are anyday better than an after market one .. I suggest you stick to the OEM alloys ... in my opinion, steel rims with stylish wheel caps don't look that bad either !
lifebuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 21:11   #434
Distinguished - BHPian
 
supremeBaleno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Weekdays@Chennai, Weekends@Kerala
Posts: 5,093
Thanked: 1,421 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel
My reason for asking was in appreciation of its design. Every time I look at an Ertiga it just makes me go wow! Simple yet catchy, a design characteristic that's tough to achieve.
Indeed a good job done by the design folks. Hats off to them and we forgive the Estilo/Ritz/A-Star and other such nightmares from them.

BTW I drove through a small town in Kerala called Tiruvalla last Saturday and spotted around 8 Ertigas in 1 hour - all of them in white or silver. Which is more than the number of Ertigas spotted by me in Chennai since it was launched. Mallus are partial to diesel and I guess the combination of carrying 7 in a small package with great FE and the national engine, seems to tick all the boxes.

I used to think light-blue looks best but after all these spottings, Silver leads in looks currently.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 23:58   #435
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 352
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
My reason for asking was in appreciation of its design. Every time I look at an Ertiga it just makes me go wow! Simple yet catchy, a design characteristic that's tough to achieve.
You are right that the Ertiga is catchy.

However, I sometimes wonder why they could not stretch the rear overhang a little more to give us some more boot space. Another 10-15cm would have taken the length to around 4365-4415mm which is still not too large, most sedans are in that range (lengthwise).
mohan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Review: My Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi a4anurag Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 38 29th November 2015 18:13
For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi M35 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 21 9th January 2015 06:48
FAB makes way for LUV - Maruti Ertiga VDi Review rohin4110 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 14 2nd June 2014 20:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks