Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2012, 15:50   #451
BHPian
 
gkrishn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 584
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaksudhir View Post
Do you feel a Structural judder... Increased floor vibration especially after crossing 120 KMPH?

My ertiga has a very pronounced and shaky judder and the floor vibertes more than is normal once the car crosses 120 KMPH.
I have not crossed 120.
my wife and our daughter were on 3rd row. it was quite bumpy. so crossed 100 only few times.
gkrishn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 16:03   #452
BHPian
 
nurni76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gurgaon/BLR
Posts: 845
Thanked: 305 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaksudhir View Post
Do you feel a Structural judder... Increased floor vibration especially after crossing 120 KMPH?

My ertiga has a very pronounced and shaky judder and the floor vibertes more than is normal once the car crosses 120 KMPH.
Sudhir, when you say after 120KMPH what speed do you mean, is it 140Kmph or around 125kmph? If latter than I have done that once and did not feel any judder.

Please check your tyre pressure, that could possibly be one reason. Also maybe check the wheel balancing. I am assuming these could be some possible reasons and not anything to do with the engine mount.
nurni76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 16:11   #453
BHPian
 
nayaksudhir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Noida
Posts: 57
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76

Sudhir, when you say after 120KMPH what speed do you mean, is it 140Kmph or around 125kmph? If latter than I have done that once and did not feel any judder.

Please check your tyre pressure, that could possibly be one reason. Also maybe check the wheel balancing. I am assuming these could be some possible reasons and not anything to do with the engine mount.
I mean just after 120, even at around 115 KMPH. Have never been able to touch 140 because of the vibration, it gets pronounced around 125.

I have checked the tyre pressure, wheel balancing, alignment... In fact I drove out on the expressway just after my service last Saturday. It just doesn't seem to be getting any better.


Mod Note: Post edited. Please do not encourage overspeeding on public roads in your posts. Team-BHP supports safe driving practices and is completely opposed to any form of street racing or dangerous driving.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 23rd July 2012 at 21:49. Reason: Please avoid use of excessive dots when posting. Thanks.
nayaksudhir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 16:18   #454
BHPian
 
swiftdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: EDI/CDG/MAA/SIN
Posts: 748
Thanked: 762 Times
Default

I've driven my Ertiga at a constant 120 and occasional 130 but haven't experienced any judder like you mention. The vehicle is rock solid and all I hear is wind noise.

Also on my drive to Ooty I never had to rev beyond 1000 rpm to go up an incline from a standstill. Perhaps its to do with your driving style or your apprehension that the vehicle may stall. Had 4 people and luggage on board.

Last edited by noopster : 23rd July 2012 at 16:29. Reason: Quoted post edited.
swiftdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 18:01   #455
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 161
Thanked: 71 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Did not experience any judder / vibration, have driven at constant 120kmph with short bursts to 130 on practically deserted roads during coupleo of early morning starts.

Annoying part is the wind noise- gets a little too much for comfort beyond 110-120kmph. Vehicle is steady, and tracks a straight line without any drama.

Last edited by xotiq : 23rd July 2012 at 18:07.
xotiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 20:55   #456
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 32
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Looked at Innova last week and wasn't impressed with the 3rd row seating. All else is OK for me. Still couldn't get Ertiga for a test drive. Looks like the deliveries of Ertiga/Swift/DZire are indefinitely postponed. So, I have to go with Innova then. How does the last row of Ertiga compare with that of Innova?
nistala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 21:00   #457
Senior - BHPian
 
parsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,453
Thanked: 873 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Any knowledge about issues with ZDi deliveries, especially in Mumbai? A friend had booked in intial days and there is still doubt on when and whether it will be delivered. Has been asked to shift to VDi for guaranteed and early delivery.
parsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 22:09   #458
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,348
Thanked: 960 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

^^ Yes, the delivery period of Ertiga has gone for a toss.
There's no fresh supply to market, only the available stock and in transit quantity would be available for sale. So, it all depends on the dealers.

Last edited by kpzen : 24th July 2012 at 22:11.
kpzen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 08:06   #459
BHPian
 
nurni76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gurgaon/BLR
Posts: 845
Thanked: 305 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
^^ Yes, the delivery period of Ertiga has gone for a toss.
There's no fresh supply to market, only the available stock and in transit quantity would be available for sale. So, it all depends on the dealers.
If you are hinting at the recent problem at Manesar as the reason, then probably not because Ertiga is manufactured in gurgaon plant. However, there could be further delay if you are going for the top end, you will still have to wait. waiting period in GGN for Zdi is 30-32 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nistala View Post
Looked at Innova last week and wasn't impressed with the 3rd row seating. All else is OK for me. Still couldn't get Ertiga for a test drive. Looks like the deliveries of Ertiga/Swift/DZire are indefinitely postponed. So, I have to go with Innova then. How does the last row of Ertiga compare with that of Innova?
IMHO, 3rd row of Ertiga is comfortable for 2 adults of normal build. I would say it is probably better than Innova in this regard

Delivery of Ertiga will not be affected since it is manufactured in GGN plan and not Manesar.
nurni76 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 09:55   #460
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,348
Thanked: 960 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
If you are hinting at the recent problem at Manesar as the reason, then probably not because Ertiga is manufactured in gurgaon plant. However, there could be further delay if you are going for the top end, you will still have to wait. waiting period in GGN for Zdi is 30-32 weeks.

.
Yes, you are right. I mixed it up with Dzire/ swift.

Thanks.
kpzen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 11:18   #461
Senior - BHPian
 
parsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,453
Thanked: 873 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
If you are hinting at the recent problem at Manesar as the reason, then probably not because Ertiga is manufactured in gurgaon plant. However, there could be further delay if you are going for the top end, you will still have to wait. waiting period in GGN for Zdi is 30-32 weeks.

Delivery of Ertiga will not be affected since it is manufactured in GGN plan and not Manesar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Yes, you are right. I mixed it up with Dzire/ swift.

Thanks.
Right. The delivery is not affected due to Manesar issue because production is in Gurgaon. But I think it is getting affected purely for the top end due to scarcity of parts like Alloys etc. This may be the reason ZDi is being offered in non-Alloys version too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
IMHO, 3rd row of Ertiga is comfortable for 2 adults of normal build. I would say it is probably better than Innova in this regard
It is damn good if that is the case and should be good rival to Innova.
parsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 12:28   #462
BHPian
 
swiftdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: EDI/CDG/MAA/SIN
Posts: 748
Thanked: 762 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nistala
Looked at Innova last week and wasn't impressed with the 3rd row seating. All else is OK for me. Still couldn't get Ertiga for a test drive. Looks like the deliveries of Ertiga/Swift/DZire are indefinitely postponed. So, I have to go with Innova then. How does the last row of Ertiga compare with that of Innova?
Surprisingly the last row of Ertiga is comfortable than the Innova. Personally travelled to check it in my cousins Innova. Although Toyota claims the last row to be a 3 seater its comfortable only for 2. Ertiga's last row is a 2 seater but the angle that you sit in is much better than an Innova. What the Ertiga doesn't give is the split seat like the Innova.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 14:06   #463
BHPian
 
gkrishn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 584
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

The 1000km service was done at the comfort of home.
they came with a mobile service center, cleaned up the car nicely. checked few things under the bonnet and left.
gkrishn is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 20:01   #464
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 352
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

I went on trip towards Coimbatore and back to Bangalore with 4 adults and 2 kids and lot of luggage including a roof rack. Drove around speeds of 90-100 and FE (according to display) was 18.4 (I had reset the average FE indicator before starting this trip, so its pure highway FE) Both ACs were on 100% of the travel.

AC performance was good IMO. The vehicle performance was also good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Went to yercaud over the weekend. 4 adults and 2 kids. and 2 days of luggage. few observation...

1. my wife wont go back to that 3rd row. except for kids/young people that place is no good for adults. too much of vertical movement. even on bangalore-salem stretch. couple of bad patches didn't help the matter either.
Probably rear tire pressure was too high. Have you checked what it is? My wife had complained the same thing when she sat in the 3rd row (a week ago) while going over some humps. At that time I found the rear tire pressure was 33psi and reduced it to 30. During the above mentioned trip, things seemed better, at least on the Bangalore-Salem highway. I noticed that the recommended tire pressure is only 29 for the rear tires when number of occupants is 1-4.

Quote:
2. engine is comfortable at 80-120kmph on highway.
Fully agree. Though, I didnot take it beyond 110 at any time.

Quote:
5. on the ghat section, when car comes to complete halt on upward slope, to restart, need to slip the clutch generously. had to take the rpm to 1800, before releasing the clutch.

One main issue....
at around krishnagiri/darmapuri stretch, the engine exhibited a little weird behaviour. was cruising around 100-110. and then suddenly there was some kind of skipping(of power) from engine. was able to clearly feel the loose of power momentarily. It lasted for few secs each time. showed up only when cruising. under heavy acc, didn't see this.

after few mins it disappeared. only to never show up again.

the previous day, i also noticed the rpm dipping below idle(is it 800?) when the car was stuck in heavy traffic. not sure if these are related.
I have not faced any of these problems i.e., momentary loss of power or struggling to start on an incline. Although I have not gone on any ghat section, I have climbed a few steep slopes near my place in Banashankari 3rd stage and I found that I did not have to slip the clutch really. Also during my trip, when crossing some speed brakers, I could get the vehicle to move on in 2nd gear even when RPM had fallen below 1000 (this is with the 6 occupants and AC On). Could it be some poor quality fuel from one of those places where you filled the tank?

One thing I felt is the pickup seems less when the fuel in the tank is at or below the reserve level (when the low fuel warning comes on). I have felt this twice when driving in the city. During my trip the fuel level was always above the quarter mark.

Another point I noted is that the gear shifts have become much smoother now (the car has done 1200+ km), except for reverse gear which sometimes does not slot immediately I have to retry.

Last edited by mohan41 : 25th July 2012 at 20:07.
mohan41 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 06:50   #465
BHPian
 
gkrishn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 584
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
I went on trip towards Coimbatore and back to Bangalore
you are from cbe? good to know.


Quote:
Probably rear tire pressure was too high. Have you checked what it is? My wife had complained the same thing when she sat in the 3rd row (a week ago) while going over some humps. At that time I found the rear tire pressure was 33psi and reduced it to 30. During the above mentioned trip, things seemed better, at least on the Bangalore-Salem highway. I noticed that the recommended tire pressure is only 29 for the rear tires when number of occupants is 1-4.
the rear pressure was at 32. i will try some lower settings.

Quote:
I have not faced any of these problems i.e., momentary loss of power or struggling to start on an incline. Although I have not gone on any ghat section, I have climbed a few steep slopes near my place in Banashankari 3rd stage and I found that I did not have to slip the clutch really. Also during my trip, when crossing some speed brakers, I could get the vehicle to move on in 2nd gear even when RPM had fallen below 1000 (this is with the 6 occupants and AC On). Could it be some poor quality fuel from one of those places where you filled the tank?
I never had issue within bangalore either. this yercaud has narrow ghat roads. and on couple of occasion, had to deal with rash on coming cabs. so ended up halting on, slopes. and getting the car moving from stand still on the slope become a pain. I now feel, that i shouldn't have taken to ghat section so early.

Quote:
One thing I felt is the pickup seems less when the fuel in the tank is at or below the reserve level (when the low fuel warning comes on). I have felt this twice when driving in the city. During my trip the fuel level was always above the quarter mark.
nope. the fuel never reached, even quarter mark. in a zeal to track the FE, has been filling it up, as soon as it reached 50% mark.

Quote:
Another point I noted is that the gear shifts have become much smoother now (the car has done 1200+ km), except for reverse gear which sometimes does not slot immediately I have to retry.
coming for corsa, ertiga's gear shift is just too good. some time, i manage to miss while sifting in to reverse. but not a big deal.

Last edited by gkrishn : 26th July 2012 at 06:53.
gkrishn is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Review: My Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi a4anurag Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 38 29th November 2015 18:13
For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi M35 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 21 9th January 2015 06:48
FAB makes way for LUV - Maruti Ertiga VDi Review rohin4110 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 14 2nd June 2014 20:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks