Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2012, 20:08   #496
BHPian
 
McTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Most probably the dealer has by-passed you and given deliveries to other customers! The VDi was and still is (with some dealers) readily available off the shelf. Of course it's the pushy customers that get prioritized at MSIL.
Oops.. I messed up the variant. What I had booked is the ZDI on 17 April 2012. And by the way, I received an undated letter by courier from the dealer on Thursday (2 Aug) mentioning that "due to the overwhelming response for Ertiga ZDI", they would be able to deliver the vehicle only by Feb-2013. That is a good 10+ months.

Cancelling the booking will set me back by 1K. Any idea if I would get an option to transfer the booking/allotment to someone else? Or is it like the XUV where you were to register the vehicle in the same name of booking?
McTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 10:55   #497
BHPian
 
nurni76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gurgaon/BLR
Posts: 845
Thanked: 305 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Does Ertiga come with a pollen filter (also called AC filter sometimes. This is a air filter for the air that is circulated into cabin from outside when in fresh air mode). Does it have provision to add one? I looked at the manual but did not find mention of one. I wanted to know how to change it or clean it if there is one (I hope so). SX4 and Swift Dzire both have this AFAIK.
Why do you operate the AC in fresh air mode? I always operate in Recirculation mode. However, in SX4 a Pollen filter would be required since it has an ACC and the mode shifts automatically to fresh air mode while in operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
Cancelling the booking will set me back by 1K. Any idea if I would get an option to transfer the booking/allotment to someone else? Or is it like the XUV where you were to register the vehicle in the same name of booking?
What about the option of Zdi minus alloys? Is that also having a huge waiting period. In my case the dealer said on cancellation I would be only penalised Rs 250 (had paid an advance of Rs 20K).

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
I was under the impression that MJD is not manufactured by MSIL, those are FIAT engines, and FIAT India delivers it to MSIL. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Maruti has the license to manufacture MJD engines (DDis). In addition they have also struck a contract to buy the engines from the Fiat Plant.
nurni76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 11:03   #498
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 352
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Why do you operate the AC in fresh air mode? I always operate in Recirculation mode. However, in SX4 a Pollen filter would be required since it has an ACC and the mode shifts automatically to fresh air mode while in operation.
I believe it is healthier to occasionally get some fresh air into cabin, especially when I am having more passengers and air can get stale faster. I agree I have to do it manually because there is no ACC. In my previous car (Getz) I had fitted pollen filter and plan to do the same now.

Have you seen SX4's pollen filter? I believe it is behind the glove box in SX4 similar to Ertiga. I would like to know if the same filter is compatible with the slot in Ertiga.
mohan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 11:06   #499
BHPian
 
nurni76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gurgaon/BLR
Posts: 845
Thanked: 305 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
I believe it is healthier to occasionally get some fresh air into cabin, especially when I am having more passengers and air can get stale faster. I agree I have to do it manually because there is no ACC. In my previous car (Getz) I had fitted pollen filter and plan to do the same now.

Have you seen SX4's pollen filter? I believe it is behind the glove box in SX4 similar to Ertiga. I would like to know if the same filter is compatible with the slot in Ertiga.
No I haven't seen the filter in my SX4. Will try and check the same. Do let me know once you get the Pollen filter added to your Ertiga. I guess the Swift or Dzire top end Filters should work fine for Ertiga. You could check with MASS on this.
nurni76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 15:44   #500
BHPian
 
nurni76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gurgaon/BLR
Posts: 845
Thanked: 305 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
Since MSIL may not get Manesar plant productive for some time, may be MLSI has decided to increase the production of Swift to other plants @ the cost of Ertiga Ritz etc.. I am not sure, but he may have a point there.
Saw this article on the link below. Contrary to above, they are using the capacity of the diesel engine plant to bring down the waiting for Ertiga. If this is true, it should help all those who are waiting for their Diesel Ertigas by bringing down the waiting time.

Manesar Lockout Effect: Maruti Suzuki mulls increase in Ertiga production at Gurgaon | IndianCarsBikes.in
nurni76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 20:18   #501
BHPian
 
McTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
What about the option of Zdi minus alloys? Is that also having a huge waiting period. In my case the dealer said on cancellation I would be only penalised Rs 250 (had paid an advance of Rs 20K).
Well, I have not been offered the option of ZDI minus alloys by the dealer. The options from the letter I received is posted below.

I am beginning to think that the "booking" eye wash(?) is totally up to the dealer. For the ZDI, here in Bangalore, I was asked to pay a booking amount of 10K with a cancellation charge of 1K (this is in writing). There is no reply from dealer to the question if they are willing to forgo the cancellation charges as they are not able to deliver per their commitment. Posing the question to MSL yielded a quick reply that "this has to be sorted out with the dealer"
Attached Images
 
McTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 19:54   #502
BHPian
 
swiftdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: EDI/CDG/MAA/SIN
Posts: 748
Thanked: 762 Times
Default

Have crossed the 7000 kms mark on my Ertiga and I find the engine has really opened up. No rattles so far and my cousin who drives a Merc C Class was impressed with its build quality. I skipped the 5000 kms inspection service as I found it pointless. Did the inspection myself. Managed to cruise at 130 and the vehicle behaved really well. The surge from 80 to 130 is absolutely cracking! Was surprised as 2 other cars (Innova and Figo) couldn't keep up. My mom travelled in the last row for nearly 200 kms and felt absolutely comfortable. Ingres and egress needed some getting used to as is the case with 7 seaters. With mixed city and highway usage I'm getting 18 to 20 kmpl. Checking the air pressure in the spare is quite a challenge in itself. I wish there was some motorised drop/lift system for the spare tyre. Overall, extremely satisfied with the car!
swiftdiesel is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 20:31   #503
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 352
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Have crossed the 7000 kms mark on my Ertiga and I find the engine has really opened up. No rattles so far
Good to know there are no rattles after 7000km. In my case, I have covered 1800km so far. Sometimes I hear one of the rear seats (dont know which one) making some noise when I go over potholes, except that no other rattles.

Quote:
I skipped the 5000 kms inspection service as I found it pointless. Did the inspection myself. Managed to cruise at 130 and the vehicle behaved really well. The surge from 80 to 130 is absolutely cracking! Was surprised as 2 other cars (Innova and Figo) couldn't keep up. My mom travelled in the last row for nearly 200 kms and felt absolutely comfortable. Ingres and egress needed some getting used to as is the case with 7 seaters. With mixed city and highway usage I'm getting 18 to 20 kmpl. Checking the air pressure in the spare is quite a challenge in itself. I wish there was some motorised drop/lift system for the spare tyre. Overall, extremely satisfied with the car!
I am getting around 15kmpl in complete city drive and almost 19 in long drives.
mohan41 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 23:02   #504
BHPian
 
aerohit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: India
Posts: 798
Thanked: 461 Times
Default Re: Pollen filter/AC filter in Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
I found the location of the AC filter from this video:Next I need to find out if there is one available which fits the slot. If any SX4/swift/dzire owners have accessed their AC filter, can you please tell if the one in their car looks similar to this.
Yes the entire unit is identical to swift, u can buy filters, scroll down
Bosch - Filters
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 10:43   #505
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 352
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

I find something odd about the clutch behavior in my Vdi. Some days the clutch feels light. Some days it feels a bit stiff and I get pain in the calf muscle (my daily office commute is one hour each way in bad traffic). When the clutch feels light, the gear shift feels a bit notchy, just a little bit not much but noticeble. When clutch feels stiff gear shift is smooth.

I remember when I took the delivery of car, clutch had felt light and later on i started feeling it becoming stiffer. Now I see this behavior.

I also checked the clutch on a brand new Swift VDi of a colleague and it felt lighter than mine. I havent had a chance to check any other Ertiga yet.

Also, felt that without AC the car feels even better to drive, not that it was bad with AC. In last week bangalore weather has cooled down due to rains and I have to switch off AC often else I feel very cold. Then I noticed it feels more driveable (picks up in 3rd gear from as low as 15kmph), and much smoother feel is also there.
mohan41 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 11:35   #506
BHPian
 
nurni76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gurgaon/BLR
Posts: 845
Thanked: 305 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
I find something odd about the clutch behavior in my Vdi. Some days the clutch feels light. Some days it feels a bit stiff and I get pain in the calf muscle (my daily office commute is one hour each way in bad traffic). When the clutch feels light, the gear shift feels a bit notchy, just a little bit not much but noticeble. When clutch feels stiff gear shift is smooth.
That is strange. I definitely find the clutch to be harder than my SX4, but it is not too hard to cause any pain. Also it has eased a little over the last 2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Have crossed the 7000 kms mark on my Ertiga and I find the engine has really opened up. No rattles so far and my cousin who drives a Merc C Class was impressed with its build quality.
Great mile munching swiftdiesel. I have just crossed 1700Kms in a month now. Planning a long trip next week. Good to know you are not having any rattles. I face irritating squeaks from the seats and seat vibrations. Apart from that no rattles. I agree the build quality is significantly better than previous Maruti vehicles.
nurni76 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2012, 19:32   #507
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 352
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Friends,

Very unfortunately today my Ertiga met with a minor accident (dog hit) which became a major problem due to driver's negligence.

Today morning my parents and few other relatives went to Kanchipuram. A driver was hired since I was not making this trip. On the way, near Vellore a dog came on the way and was hit. It seems the car was doing about 80kmph and there was no apparent damage to car (they did not stop and inspect) so they continued driving but the engine stalled after a few km. The impact had actually caused some damage to the radiator (this is based on what I heard from the Maruti service guy at Vellore) and coolant had leaked leading to engine seize/stall. The car had to be towed back to Vellore and it is now in the service center there. They suspect major damage to the engine but have not given any particular details so far. The estimate given is 50K, and the worst part is they have to open the engine and inspect and fix whatever is damaged. Insurance company has been informed, surveyor is expected to check it either in the evening today or Monday, so I dont know how much I will get back from Insurance.

I also spoke to my service advisor in Kalyani motors who told me driving without coolant could have caused major damage to engine, but they say it can be fixed. I am very dis-heartened now as I am worried whether engine will remain as good as it is once it has been opened and repaired. Keeping my fingers crossed...
mohan41 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2012, 19:44   #508
BHPian
 
anandtheleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 329
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41
Friends,

Very unfortunately today my Ertiga met with a minor accident (dog hit) which became a major problem due to driver's negligence.

Today morning my parents and few other relatives went to Kanchipuram. A driver was hired since I was not making this trip. On the way, near Vellore a dog came on the way and was hit. It seems the car was doing about 80kmph and there was no apparent damage to car (they did not stop and inspect) so they continued driving but the engine stalled after a few km. The impact had actually caused some damage to the radiator (this is based on what I heard from the Maruti service guy at Vellore) and coolant had leaked leading to engine seize/stall. The car had to be towed back to Vellore and it is now in the service center there. They suspect major damage to the engine but have not given any particular details so far. The estimate given is 50K, and the worst part is they have to open the engine and inspect and fix whatever is damaged. Insurance company has been informed, surveyor is expected to check it either in the evening today or Monday, so I dont know how much I will get back from Insurance.

I also spoke to my service advisor in Kalyani motors who told me driving without coolant could have caused major damage to engine, but they say it can be fixed. I am very dis-heartened now as I am worried whether engine will remain as good as it is once it has been opened and repaired. Keeping my fingers crossed...
Seems like gross negligence on the part of the driver, the car would have given warning signals like A/c not cooling and the temperature gauge/indicator would have shot up. Sometimes insurance will not cover this kinda incident as the car was driven after the hit. Tc.
anandtheleo is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2012, 21:43   #509
BHPian
 
swiftdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: EDI/CDG/MAA/SIN
Posts: 748
Thanked: 762 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41

I am very dis-heartened now as I am worried whether engine will remain as good as it is once it has been opened and repaired. Keeping my fingers crossed...
Very saddened to hear about your incident. A similar accident happened to my Swift where the coolant leaked and the engine seized. Although the repair turned out to be expensive and the engine had to be opened up, everything was as good as new when I got back my car. My Swift did another 30000 kms after the repair and the engine was fab! So don't worry about the reliability of the engine if they have to open it. Nowadays they don't repair but replace parts; so your engine should be good as new.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2012, 12:00   #510
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 352
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Very saddened to hear about your incident. A similar accident happened to my Swift where the coolant leaked and the engine seized. Although the repair turned out to be expensive and the engine had to be opened up, everything was as good as new when I got back my car. My Swift did another 30000 kms after the repair and the engine was fab! So don't worry about the reliability of the engine if they have to open it. Nowadays they don't repair but replace parts; so your engine should be good as new.
Thank you, that makes me feel much better. What was the cost of repair and did Insurance cover any part of it?
mohan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Review: My Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi a4anurag Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 38 29th November 2015 18:13
For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi M35 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 21 9th January 2015 06:48
FAB makes way for LUV - Maruti Ertiga VDi Review rohin4110 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 14 2nd June 2014 20:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:02.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks