Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2012, 11:57   #556
BHPian
 
crazyjeeperk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cuddalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Hi Friends

I have Ertiga diesel in my wishlist so do please share the most practical mileage one can expect from the diesel engine.
crazyjeeperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2012, 22:42   #557
BHPian
 
nurni76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gurgaon/BLR
Posts: 844
Thanked: 305 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeeperk View Post
Hi Friends

I have Ertiga diesel in my wishlist so do please share the most practical mileage one can expect from the diesel engine.
It all depends on your driving style and the traffic conditions. In my experience in heavy b2b city driving with AC you could get around 14kmpl while highways with sedate driving could easily give you around 21-22KMpl. I get around 16.5kmpl on an average in city conditions as I don't face too heavy traffic normally.
nurni76 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 08:52   #558
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 161
Thanked: 71 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeeperk View Post
Hi Friends

I have Ertiga diesel in my wishlist so do please share the most practical mileage one can expect from the diesel engine.
Our Ertiga has completed 4.8k kms, highway mileage varied between <18-20> and city <14-16>. Mostly sedate driving. All figures with AC on always and 195 tread tyres. With 185 tyres, you might get slightly more.
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 10:18   #559
BHPian
 
crazyjeeperk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cuddalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Our Ertiga has completed 4.8k kms, highway mileage varied between <18-20> and city <14-16>. Mostly sedate driving. All figures with AC on always and 195 tread tyres. With 185 tyres, you might get slightly more.
Please share your experience after changing the stock 185 to 195 tyres , is it possible to fit 16 inch alloys without mendling with the wheel arcs?
crazyjeeperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 14:40   #560
BHPian
 
crazyjeeperk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cuddalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Sorry for the back to back post, It was a sudden decision to go and have a look at Maruti Ertiga in ABT showroom @ Cuddalore O.T . I had no clue about the shocking news i was about hear about the waiting period of Ertiga which is More than 1 YEAR for the ZDI model. Even for the VDI model there is a min waiting period of 6 - 8 months which made me erase Ertiga from my wishlist.

How can some one book a car and wait for more than 1 year for its delivery?
crazyjeeperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 15:05   #561
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 161
Thanked: 71 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeeperk View Post
Please share your experience after changing the stock 185 to 195 tyres , is it possible to fit 16 inch alloys without mendling with the wheel arcs?
16 inch not advisable. I changed the stock 185/60/15 to 195/60/15, GC now is 191mm which is reassuring, no prob with vehicle stability etc, yoko A drive's give a better feel than the stock MRF's. Wider patch of 195, so braking distance should be shorter as well.

Regarding impact on mileage, not sure...since i changed as soon as i took delivery.
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 15:48   #562
BHPian
 
nurni76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gurgaon/BLR
Posts: 844
Thanked: 305 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeeperk View Post
Please share your experience after changing the stock 185 to 195 tyres , is it possible to fit 16 inch alloys without mendling with the wheel arcs?
You can upsize to 16 inch alloys, except that you will have to use low profile tyres which might affect your ride quality. 195/55/R16 is a good upgrade with 0.08% dia difference.
Name:  untitled.bmp
Views: 10768
Size:  769.6 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeeperk View Post
Sorry for the back to back post, It was a sudden decision to go and have a look at Maruti Ertiga in ABT showroom @ Cuddalore O.T . I had no clue about the shocking news i was about hear about the waiting period of Ertiga which is More than 1 YEAR for the ZDI model. Even for the VDI model there is a min waiting period of 6 - 8 months which made me erase Ertiga from my wishlist.

How can some one book a car and wait for more than 1 year for its delivery?
Oops that's helluva lot of waiting. I guess models change in a year and I guess it makes no sense waiting for a car for 1 year.

Last edited by nurni76 : 31st August 2012 at 15:49.
nurni76 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 16:03   #563
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 161
Thanked: 71 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
16 inch not advisable. I changed the stock 185/60/15 to 195/60/15, GC now is 191mm which is reassuring, no prob with vehicle stability etc, yoko A drive's give a better feel than the stock MRF's. Wider patch of 195, so braking distance should be shorter as well.

Regarding impact on mileage, not sure...since i changed as soon as i took delivery.
My bad, read that as 185/65/15 to 195/65/15. Going for 16 inch would require changing to lower profile tyres, might affect ride comfort and suspension life.
xotiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 17:15   #564
BHPian
 
Venkytalks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 29
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Yesterday I rode as a passenger on my neighbour's Ertiga. I sat on the third row and found it more comfortable than Innova third row. Ride was softer and less bumpy than Innova. And three adults sat in the second row - yes, Innova is wider and the same 3 people might sit with more comfort in Innova than Ertiga - but 3 people are sittable in Ertiga in the middle - at least within the city if not on highways.
Venkytalks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 20:35   #565
BHPian
 
crazyjeeperk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cuddalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Oops that's helluva lot of waiting. I guess models change in a year and I guess it makes no sense waiting for a car for 1 year.
Yes man if this is going to be the scenario for the next couple of months then i am damn sure maruti is going to loose lot of customers just like me !

Swift Dzire - more than 6 months
Ertiga VDI - 6-8 months
Ertiga ZDI - more than 1 Year

The above said figures are surely going to take maruti out of lime light .

Last edited by crazyjeeperk : 31st August 2012 at 20:37.
crazyjeeperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 21:10   #566
BHPian
 
n_naik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 141
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeeperk View Post
Swift Dzire - more than 6 months
Ertiga VDI - 6-8 months
Ertiga ZDI - more than 1 Year
The above said figures are surely going to take maruti out of lime light .
It is interesting to know that in the month of July alone, Maruti sold a total of 7091 Ertiga cars. The august figures are not yet out. I am sure the figures will be more or less the same. And regarding Swift dzire, 11,413 cars were sold in the same month.

With such terrific monthly sales figures, I am sure the question of 'taking maruti out of limelight' will not arise.
n_naik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 21:19   #567
BHPian
 
crazyjeeperk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cuddalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_naik View Post
It is interesting to know that in the month of July alone, Maruti sold a total of 7091 Ertiga cars. The august figures are not yet out. I am sure the figures will be more or less the same. And regarding Swift dzire, 11,413 cars were sold in the same month.

With such terrific monthly sales figures, I am sure the question of 'taking maruti out of limelight' will not arise.
I hope these are being delivered from the stock which they had before Manesar Shutdown . I just gave the info which SE gave me during my visit to ABT Maruti showroom this morning, Along with the there was 4 more customers who came to book Ertiga went back without booking and 5 of my friends who had a plan to book have changed their mind so including me maruti lost 10 customers in One day think about a time period of 3 months with the same answer from Maruti ! No offence man just my opinion
crazyjeeperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 22:32   #568
Senior - BHPian
 
mooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,029
Thanked: 225 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

My brother in law and friend cancelled their bookings last week. Since the waiting is too long, they are looking elsewhere / waiting for other cars (like the Mahindra Quanto).

So the waiting may in fact go down, if guys on the Ertiga list disappear at this rate
mooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 23:08   #569
BHPian
 
swiftdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: EDI/CDG/MAA/SIN
Posts: 748
Thanked: 762 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeeperk View Post
I hope these are being delivered from the stock which they had before Manesar Shutdown . I just gave the info which SE gave me during my visit to ABT Maruti showroom this morning, Along with the there was 4 more customers who came to book Ertiga went back without booking and 5 of my friends who had a plan to book have changed their mind so including me maruti lost 10 customers in One day think about a time period of 3 months with the same answer from Maruti ! No offence man just my opinion
As already mentioned elsewhere in this thread, the Ertiga is manufactured at Gurgaon and not at Manesar. All Maruti dealers have a pessimistic view when it comes to waiting period but actually the delivery time of Ertiga has reduced. The dealers usually quote a year's waiting but the vehicle is usually allotted in 2 to 3 months time. This was the case with a couple of my friends in Chennai and Coimbatore. You can give it a shot if you're really after the Ertiga. Otherwise, there are choices elsewhere that you can choose.
swiftdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2012, 01:41   #570
BHPian
 
Viswam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 27
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Hi guys,

Today turned out to be a Red Letter Day !!! We took delivery of our LUV Ertiga ZDI in the elegant Silky Silver. Considering the clamour for Ertigas, esp the ZDIs and the loong waiting period which presently runs to one year, the delivery is all the more sweetened.

Ertiga ZDI was 10.39 lacs on road without accessories incl 10% Road Tax (in TN), Insurance, Registration, Handling, etc.

Oft-warned beige seats cried for immediate seat covers which i plan to add tomorrow along with Door visor, 4 sills, side and bumper guards and a reverse sensors (with 4 sensors and distance indicator accurate to about 25 cms). Later, i plan add MGA navigation kit which comes with LCD display to be paired with a standalone reverse camara. Any suggestions are welcome mates. But I do not any plan to change the OEM Goodyear tyres for now since the dealer said he cannot deal with the old tyres since deliveries are few and hard to comeby.

Sales Team at the show room went through their own lengthy checklist meticulously and also made it a memorable occassion with a passionate pooja session. Checked out the basics with the help of the PDI essentials XLS obtained through Team-BHP and found everything to be alright.

Took the vehicle for a spin with wifey (kids joined later) and found it to be worthy every bit since the ride quality was pleasureable and highly satisfying. Almost the entire clan was thrilled on seeing the new car. I took a 20 kms ride (within city) with about 7 other occupants incl 6 adults and two grown-up kids. With two kids and another person were in the third row, three in the second row, the ride was frankly very comfortable with absolutely no complaints from anyone (but I thought 7 should be the ideal number). Initially i had to come around to let the third row passengers come out, which was but learnt by 2 others in a jiffy, and didn't cause any more legwork to me.

Twice there was some difficulty in the engaging of reverse gear which didn't recur in the subsequent 3 places. I am not sure yet whether this is a matter for concern.

The engine was very smooth and i didnt feel pressurised in any way, upgrading from my peppy petrol Alto. AC and the audio system were extremely satifying, although i could not meddle yet with the equaliser setting to my desired effect.

That's it for the present. I shall keep you posted with updates.
Attached Images
 
Viswam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Review: My Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi a4anurag Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 38 29th November 2015 18:13
For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi M35 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 21 9th January 2015 06:48
FAB makes way for LUV - Maruti Ertiga VDi Review rohin4110 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 14 2nd June 2014 20:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:52.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks