Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2013, 17:16   #1396
BHPian
 
KALINGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PUNE
Posts: 689
Thanked: 244 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaurabh21 View Post
Raj, your brown ertiga looks great. I have booked same colour, Zxi.
Have you gone for any accessories?
For me, the accessories sales manager was suggesting under body coating for rust protection which costs 4.5k and comes with 10 year warranty. He also told about few others like teflon coating, seat covers, door visors, reverse parking sensors etc.
Congrats ksaurabh21

I suggest do not go for any type of under body coating right now. Do it after 1st Or 2nd service of the car. As My SE suggested me not to do that now. As Ertiga had that coating from the factory itself. So why wasting your money.

But you can opt for 3M or any other brand color protection / reverse parking sensors etc.

Edit: Check my ownership thread. My car after color protection treatment.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rtiga-zxi.html (Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi)

Last edited by KALINGA : 13th August 2013 at 17:19.
KALINGA is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 17:17   #1397
Senior - BHPian
 
rajshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,751
Thanked: 560 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Wow!!!!looks stunning..in that color. Congrats again Raj..

Any accessories you installed in the car. Did you buy floor mats from MGA?
Thanks alot.

I just went with the basic accessories kit they gave for 3K - God idol, Perfume, Basic floor mat(its pure shit, but he quotes 1K for it), Puncture kit, car wash kit, AC Filter etc.

I wanted the silver MGA kit, mainly for the reverse sensor, seat cover and the door sil guard, better floor mats etc costing around 10K

But after driving for a week, i feel reverse sensor is not needed(for me).
Only thing i need is a seat cover, but i am liking the default seat fabric. It is really premium, except that it can get dirty.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaurabh21 View Post
Raj, your brown ertiga looks great. I have booked same colour, Zxi.
Have you gone for any accessories?
For me, the accessories sales manager was suggesting under body coating for rust protection which costs 4.5k and comes with 10 year warranty. He also told about few others like teflon coating, seat covers, door visors, reverse parking sensors etc.
Like i mentioned earlier, All ertiga colors are good. Brown is rare. Its different shade than the brown on WagonR and Ritz.

If you want underbody coating etc, I suggest approach professionals like 3M(if you have at your place). I doubt anyone can give 10 years warranty for the coating. But looking at my swift for 6.5 yrs in Bangalore weather. I am confident that there wont be any rust even if i wont go for any coating. Try going to 3M to see what they have on offer. For the dealer you can always say, i will get all the coating stuff done when leaving for service(Avoids further discussions like, mine is better, warranty void etc)
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 17:28   #1398
BHPian
 
KALINGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PUNE
Posts: 689
Thanked: 244 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Thanks alot.

I just went with the basic accessories kit they gave for 3K - God idol, Perfume, Basic floor mat(its pure shit, but he quotes 1K for it), Puncture kit, car wash kit, AC Filter etc.

I wanted the silver MGA kit, mainly for the reverse sensor, seat cover and the door sil guard, better floor mats etc costing around 10K

But after driving for a week, i feel reverse sensor is not needed(for me).
Only thing i need is a seat cover, but i am liking the default seat fabric. It is really premium, except that it can get dirty.
Yes, the MGA floor mats are worthless. I paid Rs.1300 for this crap.
I could get total floor lamination for around Rs.2000 .

Did you get the individual price of AC Filter?

I did the same with my seat. Removed all the plastic cover from the seat.
Now my car looks more premium. But open to catch dust & dirt quickly.

After 1-2 month i am planning to put good PU leather cover for my seat.
KALINGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 18:16   #1399
Senior - BHPian
 
rajshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,751
Thanked: 560 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post

Yes, the MGA floor mats are worthless. I paid Rs.1300 for this crap.
I could get total floor lamination for around Rs.2000 .

Did you get the individual price of AC Filter?

I did the same with my seat. Removed all the plastic cover from the seat.
Now my car looks more premium. But open to catch dust & dirt quickly.

After 1-2 month i am planning to put good PU leather cover for my seat.
AC filter would cost 350 maximum.
yes i forgot about floor. its another dirt magnet. so floor and seats are the two things in my list

I also agree with you on under body coating. may be this could happen more in coastal sides, but for other parts its not needed unless we accumulate lot of dirt

and congratulations saurab. Great choice.
rajshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013, 23:53   #1400
BHPian
 
drkritik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 89
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Took delivery of Silver Ertiga ZDi on Monday. Odo shows 30km before delivery, finished exhaustive PDI of Team BHPians, very satisfied.
Couldn't get with steel wheels, bought with Alloys.
July 2013 manufactured car.

Upgraded to Hankook 205/60 R15 tires
Excellent road grip. (Durability long term issues ... that's a Gamble though. )
Yoko A drive not available . XM2 had only 195 / 60 R15 , paid 11k difference.

As per my tradition with new cars got a first scratch within 2 days :( :(
drkritik is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2013, 17:05   #1401
Senior - BHPian
 
rajshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,751
Thanked: 560 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkritik View Post
Took delivery of Silver Ertiga ZDi on Monday. Odo shows 30km before delivery, finished exhaustive PDI of Team BHPians, very satisfied.
Couldn't get with steel wheels, bought with Alloys.
July 2013 manufactured car.

Upgraded to Hankook 205/60 R15 tires
Excellent road grip. (Durability long term issues ... that's a Gamble though. )
Yoko A drive not available . XM2 had only 195 / 60 R15 , paid 11k difference.

As per my tradition with new cars got a first scratch within 2 days :( :(
Congratulations

you made a practical choice

sad to hear about the scratch incident. hope its one of the very few scratches that will come for years
rajshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 03:06   #1402
BHPian
 
Na_sh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nasik/Pune
Posts: 42
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Congratulations drkritik! This car truly masks its size! Doesnt feel much bigger than a swift/I20 when you are behind the wheel.

Took delivery of our white Zdi (Steel wheels) 3 weeks back. Got the feliz accessories pack installed.
(Seat covers, steering wheel cover, exterior decals, spoiler, reverse parking sensors, dark grey interior panels, a utility panel behind the RHS front seat, mats etc).
Initially quoted 19k's for everything, we bought it down to 16k's as the sales rep had promised 3k's worth of free accessories!

Turbo kick is addictive! Restricted using it above 2500 rpm till now, and getting a mileage of 15-16kmpl. (Display showing avg of 15.2. Hope it improves soon).

Time for its first free service in couple of days. Few clicks left to cross its 10th century!

Looking to replace my stock speakers. They are pretty lame when it comes to handling bass and mids. Tweeters are the saving grace. May have to look for some powerful Coaxials. Amp+Comps will have to wait. Tight budget for now (4.5-5k's only for speakers)
:(
Na_sh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 11:38   #1403
BHPian
 
ganesc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madurai
Posts: 236
Thanked: 124 Times
Default

Ha, so many ertigas recently in team-bhp! May be because of the waiting period coming down? Me too planning for a zdi shortly.

Any idea if I can expect an august manufactured piece or just July is fine?

I am getting a quote of 10.57 L on road Madurai. 20k discount and sunfilms free. They say RTO approved 60/40 is allowed.

The dealer Solaimalai takes his stocks from Bangalore it seems and says Silver Zdi with alloy readily available in Bangalore and will be billed once formalities are over.

I am confused of insurance whether to take from outside or from them. Initially I was told its mandatory to avail first year insurance from them for which I said nothing like that and am aware, then they did softly blackmail that preference will be given to the one who avails insurance from them blah blah. I said I don't mind.lets see.

Are the seat covers sold as MGA acc any better? Worth the 6.5k?

Spoiler cost with these guys is 6.5k and he says 3k of that is for painting alone. I remember once our Ambassador was painted for 3k! Will plan later. As of now thinking of floor lamination/mat and seat covers, may be reverse sensor.
ganesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 13:53   #1404
Senior - BHPian
 
rajshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,751
Thanked: 560 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
Ha, so many ertigas recently in team-bhp! May be because of the waiting period coming down? Me too planning for a zdi shortly.

Any idea if I can expect an august manufactured piece or just July is fine?

I am getting a quote of 10.57 L on road Madurai. 20k discount and sunfilms free. They say RTO approved 60/40 is allowed.

The dealer Solaimalai takes his stocks from Bangalore it seems and says Silver Zdi with alloy readily available in Bangalore and will be billed once formalities are over.

I am confused of insurance whether to take from outside or from them. Initially I was told its mandatory to avail first year insurance from them for which I said nothing like that and am aware, then they did softly blackmail that preference will be given to the one who avails insurance from them blah blah. I said I don't mind.lets see.

Are the seat covers sold as MGA acc any better? Worth the 6.5k?

Spoiler cost with these guys is 6.5k and he says 3k of that is for painting alone. I remember once our Ambassador was painted for 3k! Will plan later. As of now thinking of floor lamination/mat and seat covers, may be reverse sensor.
ertiga still sells well, so expect your car to be either same month or that of previous month which are both fine.

you are free to take insurance from outside. be strong while talking to sales guys, they have their pressure to meet their targets too

i saw those MGA seat covers and they justify their price. remember you are getting covers for two extra seats. its not great, but not cheap either. but do check if its indeed Mga or some dealer option

rear spoilers are strictly personal choice and i too heard same about its painting cost. but it as integrated spoiler by default
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 17:25   #1405
BHPian
 
ganesc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madurai
Posts: 236
Thanked: 124 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
ertiga still sells well, so expect your car to be either same month or that of previous month which are both fine.
...
Thanks for the inputs and Congrats! Lost track of this thread for sometime until today and so did not notice you taking delivery of your car. Share a lot more pics Enjoy the drive. Will keep you guys posted on mine.

Quote:
rear spoilers are strictly personal choice and i too heard same about its painting cost. but it as integrated spoiler by default
Yeah, true. The rear hatch top anyways has a spoiler kind of bulge and so its actually not needed.
ganesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 18:12   #1406
v12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5,471
Thanked: 2,335 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

My brother got his Ecru beige Ertiga CNG delivered on 14th August.

Name:  ErtigaNew.jpg
Views: 79541
Size:  356.8 KB
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 19:41   #1407
BHPian
 
drkritik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 89
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

@ rajshenoy & Na_sh : Thanks a lot ,
I felt the same for rear spoiler too, it feels unnecessary and additional weight.

Ertiga seems a logical choice if you control your heart aside for some time and decide. Most of us face this challenge of travelling with 5+ members once in a while, and when you can share your car with someone adjusting for slightly reduced leg space with extra passengers isn't a big deal. The comfort and joy of travelling together compensates for the reduced leg space. It's a well thought car and an Ace from Maruti. Ertiga will continue to sell, till something more robust and more driver friendly in the same price point will be launched. There aren't any suitable alternative to ertiga as of now. .. Toyota Avanza mostly ?

@v12 congratulations, and a nice colour too, it was my other option. How good is CNG in ertiga purely from driving perspective? It's a great value proposition against diesel engine. Only caveat is absence of ABS and EBD on vxi variant.

@ganesc 10.57 seems a good price. Even i got 20k discount. Don't go for sun films if you are planning to drive to neighbouring states, they're not permitted.

@ Na_sh even i am looking for excellent speakers too,

Last edited by drkritik : 16th August 2013 at 19:50.
drkritik is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 21:21   #1408
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 436
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
My brother got his Ecru beige Ertiga CNG delivered on 14th August.

Attachment 1125881
Congrats on the new car, finally and Ertiga CNG on Team BHP. I'm also planning to get one very soon. Which variant is it ? What was the cost?Any discounts? How many days did you had to wait for delivery. I'm being told by dealer that they can get it in 12-15 days. Let me know the details, it will help me.
saurabhkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2013, 21:38   #1409
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 3
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Booked an Ertiga ZXi Granite Grey color with alloy wheels today at Chowgule Industries, Pune. Getting delivery on Aug 22.

Did a basic, pre-registration inspection with the help of Team-BHP's PDI list (thanks!). I am fitting the basic Feliz kit and replacing the reverse sensors with a reverse camera (MGA, Rs.10,790) as also an AC filter (Rs.350). OTR with 4th year extended warranty is 8,84,892. Got a cash discount of 9K and free accessories of 3K that I adjusted in the Feliz kit. Did not exchange my 9.5 years old, trusty Wagon-R, but because the insurance on the old car was through the dealer, they gave me a 13K NCB discount on the zero dep insurance. Final cost with Feliz kit + MGA reverse camera + AC filter is 8,84,476.

I plan to do the underbody coating and paint protection from the 3M shop later. I got Goodyear tyres, so shelved the plan of upsizing to Michelin or Yoko for now. Plan to drive to my native place in Goa next month for Ganapati, so will need a roof carrier as well. The dealership only has the 6K one in stock, not the 10K one, though I am not enamored by either of them. The Rouf Rails one looks neat, but is expensive after considering the shipping costs. Also not sure how stable the luggage would be with RR considering that they don't have much of side-walls as compared to the conventional carriers. I had also considered buying the accessories separately instead of going for the Feliz kit, but after seeing the options in a couple of shops, the Feliz kit looked decent for the price.

Will start an ownership thread soon after delivery. Thanks to all the Ertiga (and other) threads on Team-BHP, which were a great help in choosing the car and taking other decisions. Team-BHP rocks!
NewMonk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2013, 11:04   #1410
BHPian
 
ganesc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madurai
Posts: 236
Thanked: 124 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkritik View Post
@ rajshenoy & Na_sh : Thanks a lot ,
I felt the same for rear spoiler too, it feels unnecessary and additional weight.

Ertiga seems a logical choice if you control your heart aside for some time...
Toyota Avanza mostly ?
I dont think spoiler will add much weight to the hatch as its not a metal actually.

Avanza at its current form looks so much ugly and old compared to the previous iterations. Toyota in an attempt to make all their cars sharper looking are screwing up their line up.

To me, Toyota Picnic looks far better than Avanza. Much spacious too.

Quote:
@v12 congratulations, and a nice colour too, it was my other option. How good is CNG in ertiga purely from driving perspective? It's a great value proposition against diesel engine. Only caveat is absence of ABS and EBD on vxi variant.
If you select vxi, you have an option of ABS for hardly 10k!

Quote:
@ganesc 10.57 seems a good price. Even i got 20k discount. Don't go for sun films if you are planning to drive to neighbouring states, they're not permitted.
Noted. Thanks.

Last edited by ganesc : 18th August 2013 at 11:05.
ganesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Review: My Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi a4anurag Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 38 29th November 2015 18:13
For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi M35 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 21 9th January 2015 06:48
FAB makes way for LUV - Maruti Ertiga VDi Review rohin4110 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 14 2nd June 2014 20:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:43.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks